Found Deceased TN - Evelyn Boswell, 15 months, Sullivan County, 26 DEC 2019 *MOM ARRESTED* #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
the reason I asked the question about who knows is because if AB were raising Evelyn, there would be many tips to LE, and I have to imagine there would be info about this arrangement either in MSM or in SM at the very least, and I just haven’t seen it.
I also want to say that you are an amazing Mom!
Thanks! I do see your point about no mention of such an arrangement...

I'll bet you have pictures of you with your grandson, you have not recently spent time in jail, you are not on probation. AB, on the other hand, has nothing that shows she is raising EB and if anything only is pictured with her other grandchild. AB is not raising EB.
Yep. I totally forgot about the lack of photos of AB and EB together. As I said, this situation may definitely be colored by my own lens.

Sullivan County, TN Sheriff's Office
Charges have now been placed against the mother of 15-month-old Evelyn Boswell, who is the subject of a statewide AMBER Alert.

On Tuesday afternoon, February 18, 2020, the Sullivan County Sheriff’s Office received a State of Tennessee Department of Children’s Services referral in reference to Evelyn Mae Boswell, who had not been seen by family members in approximately two months.

During the course of the investigation, Megan ‘Maggie’ Boswell (DOB: 3/21/01) provided detectives and agents with a number of conflicting statements. Further investigation revealed that some of the information provided by Megan Boswell was false.

On Tuesday night, February 25, 2020, the Sullivan County Sheriff’s Office charged Boswell with one count of False Reports. Megan is being held in the Sullivan County Jail on a $25,000 bond.

The SCSO continues to work alongside the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation and the Federal Bureau of Investigation in an effort to locate Evelyn. We encourage anyone with information to call 1-800-TBI-FIND.

Can someone clarify if Granny was arrested for violating her probation (revocation of probation) or if she broke her bond?

Granny AB is being held for both. When AB and WM were arrested in NC for possession of stolen property (the BMW), it was reported that AB was also being held on a probation violation warrant.

The purpose of a bond is to ensure the defendant's appearance in court. Specific to the bond revocation, it's possible that AB was charged with an unrelated offense and was out on bond awaiting her trial when she violated a condition of her bond such as not leaving the county or state.

If a motion was filed to revoke AB's bond, it's also possible for the court to reinstate the bond. Difficult to know without knowledge of the actual terms.

A second example would be if AB was sentenced to probation for a prior offense but the court wanted assurance she would adhere to her probation and required a bond remain in place for a certain term of the probation period.

I'm more inclined to believe that AB was out on bond awaiting trial for an unrelated offense. MOO

Two fugitives questioned in connection to disappearance of Tennessee toddler Evelyn Boswell

Feb 22, 2020

According to a separate news release from the Wilkes County Sheriff's Office, both McCloud and Angela Boswell were arrested and charged with possession of stolen property and are currently held without bond on fugitive warrants. Their first court appearance is set for Monday. [..]

Seabolt said Boswell was also being held on a probation violation for theft out of the Kingsport General Sessions Court.

ETA: I understand there is a MSM article that confirms the bond revoked was for AB's probation but I've not seen the article or would link it here.

Last edited:
Ok. I’m gonna jump in head first. My husband and I raise our grandson every other week, with my grandson’s father’s mom and dad taking the alternating week. My young daughter and young ex son in law still have joint custody. But I swear, if you asked either parent anything about their child, the answer would be, “he loves sweet potatoes,” or something similar, as they each see him less than three hours every other week. The reality is that my grandson is doing extremely well in his current situation, and would be much worse off living with his actual parents. I have watched MB’s videos. I personally think she just did the easy thing and let her mom raise her child. Yes, it’s wrong, but IMO, she trusted her mom. The difference, of course, is I’m not a criminal, and I wouldn’t let my grandson be missing more than 10 minutes before sounding an alarm. Maybe 5 because I’ve been on WS a long time. You can throw all the tomatoes you want at me, but I think (MOO, etc.) MB had misplaced trust in her mother and has covered for her. I think (MOO) that any deception on MB’s part has been an effort to keep her mother out of trouble. Please be kind in your responses to me. It is rough raising another round of kids. (Keeping in mind I blame AB and boyfriend for whatever has happened.)

Second, my husband grew up near the area, and his FB has been flooded with this story. It’s understandable when a seemingly far-away community is so invested in the story. (Mendota.) AB could have told MB a lie about camping.

Oh gosh, should I just delete this whole post?

Of course not. Everyone is allowed an opinion. When I first learned about this case, I was willing to believe MB sold her baby in some kind of drug exchange or black market adoption scheme with a shady lawyer. I still hold out hope that baby Evelyn is alive. I just disagree that this case is about trust and MB is somehow a victim. She is a liar and I think her obsession with HW has resulted in a child being placed in grave danger or worse. The Boswell family seems to have a history of domestic violence as did the Susan Smith case. The children are the ones who pay such a dear price.

JMO

I wouldn't have thought so, but I haven't seen anything about a roommate. If she's low income maybe she's eligible for public housing?

Having children would be necessary to be eligible for public housing and would also qualify her for other government programs.

If she no longer has a child (duh!) she's breaking the law by accepting some of those.

MOO

I’m kinda impressed with MB’s ability to not just word vomit exactly what happened. She’s super young, under extreme pressure and pregnant (maybe) just to name a few. The weight of all that has to be heavy.

Not to excuse MB's unwillingness to disclose where Evelyn is, but I do wonder what sort of mental disabilities she may have either from birth, environment or a heaping helping of illicit drugs.

Maybe there will be a double happy ending here where the baby is found and MB gets help before she messes up the lives of Child #2 (and 3 and 4 and 5.....).

That is very interesting. If this is MB's mug-shot, it seems that she was at the police station for at least 4-5 hours before she was arrested. Wouldn't that eliminate illegal substances as the cause of pupil dilation given the expended hours?

Might want to allow for the next high possibly in her pocket or hidden in some hard-to-search body part.

Last edited:
Probation violation in TN does not always mean the offender will be sent to jail after new criminal justice reform law (effective 2016).

In July 2016, the Public Safety Act of 2016 went into effect as a part of the state’s effort to reduce crime and improve public safety. One of the major changes brought about by the new law is in the way violations of parole will be addressed.

[..]

If a person violates their probation or parole, they can be called before a hearing where a judge will decide if the individual must go to jail and serve their entire sentence, extend their sentence, restart the clock on their probation or parole, or other sanctioned depending on the nature of the violation. If the violation was a newly committed crime, then that is a substantive violation of parole. If the violation involved not completing one of the conditions of parole or probation, that is considered a technical violation.

[..]

Prior to the enactment of the new law in Tennessee, a technical violation might land an individual back in prison to finish out their sentence. But now the state has seen the ineffectiveness of sending a person back to prison for technical violations.

Criminal Justice Reform in Tennessee: New Laws Mean Changes for Violation of Parole Penalties

Last edited:
Ok. I’m gonna jump in head first. My husband and I raise our grandson every other week, with my grandson’s father’s mom and dad taking the alternating week. My young daughter and young ex son in law still have joint custody. But I swear, if you asked either parent anything about their child, the answer would be, “he loves sweet potatoes,” or something similar, as they each see him less than three hours every other week. The reality is that my grandson is doing extremely well in his current situation, and would be much worse off living with his actual parents. I have watched MB’s videos. I personally think she just did the easy thing and let her mom raise her child. Yes, it’s wrong, but IMO, she trusted her mom. The difference, of course, is I’m not a criminal, and I wouldn’t let my grandson be missing more than 10 minutes before sounding an alarm. Maybe 5 because I’ve been on WS a long time. You can throw all the tomatoes you want at me, but I think (MOO, etc.) MB had misplaced trust in her mother and has covered for her. I think (MOO) that any deception on MB’s part has been an effort to keep her mother out of trouble. Please be kind in your responses to me. It is rough raising another round of kids. (Keeping in mind I blame AB and boyfriend for whatever has happened.)

Second, my husband grew up near the area, and his FB has been flooded with this story. It’s understandable when a seemingly far-away community is so invested in the story. (Mendota.) AB could have told MB a lie about camping.

Oh gosh, should I just delete this whole post?

Grandparents who do what you do deserve all the respect and admiration we can pour out!
God bless you and others who love children enough to make sacrifices for them.

FEB 25, 2020
Evelyn Boswell: Photos in case of missing Blountville toddler

fdac96d4-9417-4e46-9851-9578882c92e9-Evelyn_Boswell_172.JPG

Residences, listed in state property records as belonging to the Boswell family, sits off Muddy Creek Road in Blountville, Tenn. on Saturday, Feb. 22, 2020.

a0cecc74-27cd-4da2-8c26-e44094a225b9-Evelyn_Boswell_170.JPG

A residence, listed in state property records as belonging to the Boswell family, sits off Muddy Creek Road in Blountville, Tenn. on Saturday, Feb. 22, 2020.

3a74e03e-032d-4d9f-a3f4-c95b47d34a76-Evelyn_Boswell_169.JPG

Part of a residence, listed in state property records as belonging to the Boswell family, off Muddy Creek Road in Blountville, Tenn. on Saturday, Feb. 22, 2020.

3897b718-3ba9-46ef-8dad-79f31200554d-Evelyn_Boswell_168.JPG

A Tommy & Son's Paving commercial vehicle, owned by the Boswell's, is seen parked outside the Sullivan County Sheriff's Office in Blountville, Tenn. on Saturday, Feb. 22, 2020.

c177238f-e7c1-4935-a6d8-3be3f88f4da2-Evelyn_Boswell_181.JPG

A view down Bristol Highway in Blountville, Tenn. on Tuesday, Feb. 25, 2020.

(24 more photos at the link)

Now that would be pretty brazen given the constant surveillance in the PD!

I would never underestimate the resourcefulness of a junkie.

(I have no way of knowing whether she's a drug user or not.
This is a general statement which I stand by (having known a drug user or two).

MOO

Edited for clarity.

Last edited:
JMPO i dont see the drug angle in this case yet and i don't like painting people with a very broad brush unless there is a ton of proof they are dealing or using regularly

again just my personal opinion and stance on, its not very fair if it ends up to be not true, not matter what her parents have done and no matter what she may have done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MG89