Found Deceased TN - Evelyn Boswell, 15 months, Sullivan County, 26 DEC 2019 *MOM ARRESTED* #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
a single pregnancy test probably costs like $4 maybe even less

if she answered yes i bet they did test her, too many complications to not be aware of from a pregnant lady in custody

Probably true.

The question earlier was if a pregnancy test was a regular part of intake for all inmates. That is extremely cost prohibitive in already cash strapped departments. I would expect that any suspicion of pregnancy would spur a test due to the ADA and other medical laws that they have to remain compliant with, but not as part of standard intake to all inmates. The booking officer likely asks the medical screening questions and moves on unless there is something to forward to medical or to mental health.

*Edit* @Alethea that is way higher than I thought! Interesting article, thanks for posting!

Probably true.

The question earlier was if a pregnancy test was a regular part of intake for all inmates. That is extremely cost prohibitive in already cash strapped departments. I would expect that any suspicion of pregnancy would spur a test due to the ADA and other medical laws that they have to remain compliant with, but not as part of standard intake to all inmates. The booking officer likely asks the medical screening questions and moves on unless there is something to forward to medical or to mental health.

*Edit* @Alethea that is way higher than I thought! Interesting article, thanks for posting!

In Maggie's case I would think they tested her since she was broadcasting to everyone.

Doesn’t get much cheaper than .20 to determine if you are pregnant.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/PREGMATE...-901-170892a516ab84&athancid=null&athena=true

I am over 50 and had a hysterectomy about a month ago. I can tell you in the three weeks prior to surgery, I was given at least 4 pregnancy tests, even though there was almost no possibility I was pregnant. Better safe than sorry from a doctor’s perspective!

Overcrowding was an issue under our last sheriff. Not sure what the situation is now, though.
And honestly, when you get arrested at night they are in absolutely no hurry. The bonds offices are closed, they are on a skeleton crew, and some are pissed off for working the night shift, so things move slow.

And honestly, when you get arrested at night they are in absolutely no hurry. The bonds offices are closed, they are on a skeleton crew, and some are pissed off for working the night shift, so things move slow.
I'll also add that the bail bondsmen will answer the phones all hours of the night, but they aren't going to stay up all night. They'll pick your dumb azz up in the morning.

The Amber Alert was issued into at least Middle TN. I am in the Nashville area, and I received it. It takes me about 4 hours to get to Bristol with little traffic around Knoxville.

I would assume the Amber Alert went well into VA, NC, SC, KY and GA as well.

I did not receive it in SC.

Apparently 37.7% of prisons pregnancy test all women on intake! Here’s an interesting study about accommodations for pregnant women.

An Examination of Care Practices of Pregnant Women Incarcerated in Jail Facilities in the United States. - PubMed - NCBI

I can’t find an MSM article, only blogs, but there was an ACLU suit against California in 2014 for requiring testing of all women regardless of age. As part of the settlement California now only tests with consent up to age 55 or a court order.

Another law blog says standard operating procedure is to ask the inmate on intake if they’re pregnant and follow up in a couple days with a pregnancy test. It noted some people say they are pregnant to get the better prenatal diet for a couple of days! (JMO since I don’t think I can link random blogs)

Ok, bear with me here guys, because I am trying to figure this out as I am typing it. BY typing it.

It seems there are 3 core stories MB has been spreading about where Evelyn is/has been.
1) With her father, EP
2) in the custody of DCS
3) snatched by her (MBs) mother, AB - because 'something happened' and they 'vanished'

These stories came about in this order.

She had been telling people Evelyn was with EP... basically the whole time. She told HW, she told friends, she told her grandfather, DJ (who, it should be noted, I believe, overall. He may be protective of AB, but that may be for good reason, and frankly, his interview just rings true to me - I sensed zero BS when he spoke)

As far as I can tell, the ONLY person she told the DCS story to was her father, TBsr.

Then, only AFTER TBsr reported Evelyn missing, did story 3 come into play - AB took off with Evelyn.

Had TBsr been fed the 'she's with her dad' story, and tiring of it, reach out to EP on Facebook or something?
And learning EP didn't have her, confronts MB, who tearfully admits that she was just too ashamed to tell him that DCS had taken Evelyn away?

TBsr calls DCS (ugh, why won't he just believe her!), confirms that they do NOT have Evelyn, so he then confronts MB AGAIN, and is given the AB story? Or maybe calls AB first, and is told to back off, he'll regret it (for any myriad of reasons)? Is it a coincidence that AB took off in her newly 'gifted' car the same day this all went down?

The heart of this ramble - is the evolution of MBs lies tied to the fact that there is ONE person she needs to save face to, and that person won't just let it go?

Is TBsr the key to getting her to come clean? He forgives her, no matter what, he loves her, no matter what. Whatever it takes.

Can he convince her to talk some truth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member