Found Deceased TN - Evelyn Boswell, 15 months, Sullivan County, 26 DEC 2019 *MOM ARRESTED* #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really can’t imagine LE would need to do a DNA test after only three months unless her appearance has significantly changed. Ie maybe dramatic weight change and dyed hair? But even then I would think they’d have to a pretty reliable reason to think the child were Evelyn

If she was found alive they wouldn’t need to do a DNA test to verify... IMHO this is a steaming pile of crap.
I don’t necessarily believe this report, but...if someone was claiming her to be a different child completely, and has some kind of paperwork (maybe falsified) to that end, but they’re pretty sure it’s her, maybe they might do DNA to prove the claim it’s NOT her as false?

Last edited:
The boyfriend showing up wet at the grandmother's home with an obvious lie about how he got wet just tells me the chances are not good that she's still alive. They may not have found a body yet, but they haven't searched all bodies of water in that area. In fact, I think it's less likely they would have put a body in the pond immediately next to his grandmother's house, and more likely to have gone to a body of water that was more secluded in that area (there are many.) Occam's razor- the most obvious explanation is usually correct. Like, this guy didn't go for a dip with his clothes on in winter for no reason, and the burst pipe story at a hotel doesn't add up at all.
I will crap in my hat & then eat it if this is true.
I think this is irresponsible reporting! News this big needs to be verified, not just thrown out there! MOO

Its so disheartening that no matter what I see reported or what I read online, I see no family on tv trying to help further the search, no family crying for this child!
I see law enforcement, community and I see everyone on here showing more concern and doing more than that horrible family has done at all.
I saw a press conference with a Sheriff that looked like he wanted to break down multiple times. He showed more REAL emotion than MB has at all. I don't think the outcome of this will be good and I just pray that Evelyn is happy and has some peace with God.
I just can't stop thinking about it today.

Has anyone else been hitting refresh way too much this week? I know I'm too invested because my two year old told me to put down my phone. :(
So I'm stepping away. But pretty please PM me if there's a major break today. Thank you!

From Ashe County N.C. to Traphill N.C. is about a 38 mile trip East. Did AB and her bf sell EB to someone in Ashe County, and then decide to go get money from gma?
Sheesh.....such a convoluted mess.
Why would Gray inject himself into this tangled web? How would he have info that wasn't available to LE?
The older I get, the less I understand.

From Ashe County N.C. to Traphill N.C. is about a 38 mile trip East. Did AB and her bf sell EB to someone in Ashe County, and then decide to go get money from gma?
Sheesh.....such a convoluted mess.
Why would Gray inject himself into this tangled web? How would he have info that wasn't available to LE?
The older I get, the less I understand.
I guess he got backlash for it and took it down. I also want to have hope, but it puts you on such an emotional roller coaster, that only confirmed reports should be released. MOO

There are too many posts for me to quote, but I wanted to comment on the quality of the journalism in that area, which many of you have mentioned.

I hope I don't come off as offensive, or like the big city slicker or anything. My apologies to those who are local to Evelyn's area if I do!

I've been slightly appalled since the beginning by the quality of the questioning and newscasting that I've seen. It's quite apparent that they are young, and certainly inexperienced with news on a national scale.
Here in the media center of America and possibly the world, (NYC), I understand that our journalists have reached the big time. When they were on their training wheels in small-market areas, we did not get to see them when they were inexperienced and prone to gaffes. For the journalists doing their jobs there, I know they are working hard and doing their best, and I applaud them. But they are not accustomed to this and it shows in a million ways. Poorly worded questions with weak follow-up, a lot of needless repetition, applying too much credibility to what their sources say, and just a tone of excitability that would not happen here. I understand that and it would almost be amusing if it weren't so tragic. But now we are at the point where the news has to be retracted so frequently that it is an impediment to the investigation.

I presume LE is also unaccustomed to the national spotlight, yet they seem to be handling everything very professionally.

Again, I truly don't mean to sound insulting to anyone local! But most of you who are local seem to be saying the same thing, so I'm jumping in. If the journalists there stay in their careers, they will eventually become the hardened veterans to which we are accustomed here.

Last edited:
There are too many posts for me to quote, but I wanted to comment on the quality of the journalism in that area, which many of you have mentioned.

I hope I don't come off as offensive, or like the big city slicker or anything. My apologies to those who are local to Evelyn's area if I do!

I've been slightly appalled since the beginning by the quality of the questioning and newscasting that I've seen. It's quite apparent that they are young, and certainly inexperienced with news on a national scale.
Here in the media center of America and possibly the world, (NYC), I understand that our journalists have reached the big time. When they were on their training wheels in small-market areas, we did not get to see them when they were inexperienced and prone to gaffes. For the journalists doing their jobs there, I know they are working hard and doing their best, and I applaud them. But they are not accustomed to this and it shows in a million ways. Poorly worded questions with weak follow-up, a lot of needless repetition, applying too much credibility to what their sources say, and just a tone of excitability that would not happen here. I understand that and it would almost be amusing if it weren't so tragic. But now we are at the point where the news has to be retracted so frequently that it is an impediment to the investigation.

I presume LE is also unaccustomed to the national spotlight, yet they seem to be able to handling everything very professionally.

Again, I truly don't mean to sound insulting to anyone local! But most of you who are local seem to be saying the same thing, so I'm jumping in. If the journalists there stay in their careers, they will eventually become the hardened veterans to which we are accustomed here.

No offense taken by this local at all. The sentiment that our media here is abysmal and borderline irresponsible is not uncommon. I posted about it a few pages back, but there are a LOT of issues with the media outlets in this area and it’s not all chalked up to inexperience. They’ve not been good in this case at all and that’s just the tip of the iceberg. It’s a long-standing problem that doesn’t seem to have a resolution on site.

No offense taken by this local at all. The sentiment that our media here is abysmal and borderline irresponsible is not uncommon. I posted about it a few pages back, but there are a LOT of issues with the media outlets in this area and it’s not all chalked up to inexperience. They’ve not been good in this case at all and that’s just the tip of the iceberg. It’s a long-standing problem that doesn’t seem to have a resolution on site.

Thank you, YojimboTN. Yours was one of the posts that got me to thinking. I'm sorry it's a long-standing problem there and I hope you get more qualified people. You all deserve accurate information even for local issues.

I presume LE is also unaccustomed to the national spotlight, yet they seem to be handling everything very professionally.

More markets are like the tri-cities than NYC. Not sure how the judgement of basically every news market with less than a million veiwers is helpful to the overall problem which I believe is education in the journalism field.

More markets are like the tri-cities than NYC. Not sure how the judgement of basically every news market with less than a million veiwers is helpful to the overall problem which I believe is education in the journalism field.
It would be interesting (obviously outside of this thread) to discuss media markets and some of the inherent problems in journalism today. There’s so much to say about local media here in the Tri-Cities that isn’t directly related to the case but illustrates some of the origins of some of the problems we are seeing in it as it plays out.

I don't disagree with you, ketel. I am only saying that I feel the media there has too often made errors which they are forced to retract, and that I think it's making it make difficult for LE to do what they need to do. My exposure to small-market media comes when they have a story that blows up nationally, and in many cases they do well. Here they are not. Many of the WSers here are locals and have said this.

I don't disagree with you, ketel. I am only saying that I feel the media there has too often made errors which they are forced to retract, and that I think it's making it make difficult for LE to do what they need to do. My exposure to small-market media comes when they have a story that blows up nationally, and in many cases they do well. Here they are not. Many of the WSers here are locals and have said this.
I take all media reports with a grain of salt. I prefer to wait until LE gives updates, there I know I have real facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop