Found Deceased TN - Evelyn Boswell, 15 months, Sullivan County, 26 DEC 2019 *MOM ARRESTED* #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say as a nosy person I really enjoy the local reporters in this case but as a professional in the field I find these slips and leaks concerning. So far MSM has reported that they saw a “booking sheet” that MB wasn’t pregnant, that LE’s not released warrant was for a pillow and piece of styrofoam, now a misquote of a potential witness that was removed. There’s a reason MSM is usually slower to report things...making sure the disclosure is allowed and won’t hinder the investigation or get the news station sued!

Yes, and that misquote could be gold in HW's family's hands now. I can think of a scenario right away that would make father and son both be telling the truth when I'm sure one or the other didn't tell the truth.

ETR: Edited to remove unnecessary comment.

Last edited:
It sure would have been easier to tell that 2 months ago. If Evelyn's body has been well enough preserved due to being very cold for 2 months... maybe, imo. Can anyone, who lives in the area, tell us what the average temperatures have been for the months of December and January? Would the baby still be well preserved if she's been outside all this time?

And... does anyone know if, when the weather warms up, a body that has been very well preserved in cold water, would rise to the surface of a lake or pond as it decomposes? It's an awful subject matter and hard to pair it with that cute little face and bouncy-little body... but, if the body could reappear in such a way... Evelyn might be found when the weather warms up. Really, I want to keep hope that she will be found and given the respect she so deserved in life. Leaving her out there, abandoned, imo, is all she has right now. JMO and speculation.

I won't get into the chemistry, it is pretty distasteful, but there are many factors to create a "floater". Even though it has been a relative mild winter, I don't think the water temp is high enough to create enough bacteria. I would not expect a floating body for another month. IMHO which in somewhat ignorant on the matter.

Oh no, it's not you. They are young and inexperienced for the most part. Once they gain the experience, they tend to move on to larger markets.

Or wash out of media altogether when they move on.

The newspapers are an ancient dinosaur stuck in the glory days of years past and the media stations think they have their own kingdom and some think that the big business interests have way more control of them than they should.

Again, not much different than many other markets and even the larger ones - but remember that this market is small, a lot of people don’t pay attention and just take everything presented as fact, and influence can seemingly be bought and magnified pretty easily.

Not saying this is going on in this case. Just that it would be prudent to watch, listen, and verify before taking anything at face value coming from the media.

I have a friend who lost a child from SIDS at 18 months. They call it something else but it’s the same thing. What if that happened to Evenly died from something similar and MB panicked? MOO

I struggle to give MB the benefit of the doubt of the doubt but anything is possible until we get evidence.
I’m almost past the accidental death scenario at this point. IMO any loving mother or grandmother who loses a child to an accident of any kind really would be too devastated to care about lying so elaborately and for so long. I mean if my child died whether due to bad decisions on my part or just bad luck, I wouldn’t care if I were in prison the rest of my life or not because I would be dead inside. Why would it even matter?

Only a sociopath who just doesn’t feel the loss would cover up an accident. I guess that’s totally possible, but IMO it’s more likely to be an non-accidental death prompting such a cover up. And definitely a sociopath. All MOO!

I won't get into the chemistry, it is pretty distasteful, but there are many factors to create a "floater". Even though it has been a relative mild winter, I don't think the water temp is high enough to create enough bacteria. I would not expect a floating body for another month. IMHO which in somewhat ignorant on the matter.

Well, I agree with your assessment which is why I asked the question; because I think it might be possible but I'm not sure. Of course, if the baby isn't in a body of water, the theory goes out the window. But, think of it... maybe that's why AB's boyfriend showed up at his grandmother's home with wet clothing. Maybe they were trying to retrieve "something" that had been placed in a pond or lake, and move it elsewhere, if so... hopefully they failed to find what they were looking for.

Last edited:
It sure would have been easier to tell that 2 months ago. If Evelyn's body has been well enough preserved due to being very cold for 2 months... maybe, imo. Can anyone, who lives in the area, tell us what the average temperatures have been for the months of December and January? Would the baby still be well preserved if she's been outside all this time?

And... does anyone know if, when the weather warms up, a body that has been very well preserved in cold water, would rise to the surface of a lake or pond as it decomposes? It's an awful subject matter and hard to pair it with that cute little face and bouncy-little body... but, if the body could reappear in such a way... Evelyn might be found when the weather warms up. Really, I want to keep hope that she will be found and given the respect she so deserved in life. Leaving her out there, abandoned, imo, is all she has right now. JMO and speculation.

That's such a tricky thing to answer. Unless you have some idea of where a body was actually located, and the condition of the body before disposal, any number of unknown factors could affect decomposition.

And I don't even want to touch the hypotheticals of all that right now. So, I'm just going to shut up on that subject altogether.

Well, I agree with your assessment which is why I asked the question; because I think it might be possible but I'm not sure. Of course, if the baby isn't in a body of water, the theory goes out the window. But, think of it... maybe that's why AB's boyfriend showed up at his grandmother's home with wet clothing. Maybe they were trying to retrieve "something" that had been placed in a pond or lake, and move it elsewhere, if so... hopefully they failed to find what they were looking for.

That is a reasonable theory. Assuming EB is deceased and her body disposed of, I go back to thinking the mountains would be a much better option. However, part of that assumption would be that the death occurred on the TN side of the mountains.

BLOUNTVILLE, Tenn. (WJHL) – A Blountville, Tennessee business is collecting non-perishable food items to donate to law enforcement involved in the active AMBER Alert case for missing 15-month-old Evelyn Boswell.

Tangles Hair Studio & Tanning owner and employees got together and decided to give back to the men and women searching for the missing toddler.

Blountville business collecting food donations for law enforcement searching for Evelyn Boswell

Huh ? Sheriff Cassidy needs canned carrots ? I mean, nice gesture, but I personally don't get it . ( I should just go try to sleep. I feel dumber. )

Last edited:
Huh ? Sheriff Cassidy needs canned carrots ? I mean, nice gesture, but I personally don't get it . ( I should just go try to sleep. I feel dumb now. )

Not uncommon at all. I see it more common when an extended active (combing through woods) search is ongoing in a remote area. While, in this case, the utility need might not be as great as the scenario just mentioned, this is a great gesture to support LE.

It was 2 reporters talking about what HW's father told them.

Was this the same video, I think one of the two women giving the update said she was a meteorologist? They also mentioned EP had called the news station regarding his daughter, he said he does not want to speak with reporters just yet, but he will do an interview in the near future?

Not uncommon at all. I see it more common when an extended active (combing through woods) search is ongoing in a remote area. While, in this case, the utility need might not be as great as the scenario just mentioned, this is a great gesture to support LE.

If there was a prolonged active search going on, I don't think I would have thought twice about it. But anyway...LE could always donate canned goods to local homeless shelters. Someone can always use the food.

Yes, I think she would be a bit big for something like that to happen. But if a passed out adult spent 8 hours on top of a 15-month-old baby, that could have happen no? I honestly have no idea. If the adult was not responsive for some reason, if you know what I mean.
A toddler could definitely die by compression asphyxiation this way. Sadly, many do every year.
Right now I hope they are scrutinizing all things HW.

Community rallies around officers during search for missing toddler
[...]

This week, Jones and Watkins joined dozens of other locals in bringing their deputies meals. They've even offered them free haircuts throughout March.

[...]

...for officers like Chief Tracey Kittrell, it's more than enough.

"It's evident, I mean you can tell I don't need anymore food," he said, laughing and patting his stomach. "But it doesn't stop anyone!"

[...]

"February's not a," he said, pausing, "it's not a great month for us, period."

That's because February also marks one year since his colleague Sergeant Steve Hinkle was killed while on duty in a shootout with a man who'd barricaded himself inside his home.

[...]

Adding in the difficult Boswell case, Kittrell says their support means everything.

"Gives you a little spring in your step and it re-charges you for the mission," he said.

[...]

This is just another case of saving face. There are no shortages of people who know what happened to that girl. Just a shortage of people with any morals, compassion or heart. They are covering their own *advertiser censored** first.

Caleb Perhne WCYB on Twitter
In the search for Evelyn Boswell, local businesses are raising money for the reward for information and now to buy food for officers working long hours. The full story is tonight on News 5.
ER9juALXkAgIwTo.jpg

1:01 PM - 29 Feb 2020

Potbelly and baby jeans here. That video was just so hard to watch . :(

I know, she looks like a future FisherPrice model in the wee black jeans and purple tee shirt. :( . Whoever went out and bought that outfit did so with loving care, IMO.

It’s pretty impossible around here unless you can go over to ETSU and utilize their assets and a tiny fraction of people even do that. Used to be able to get the NYT, WaPo, and others at local booksellers but that’s become harder and harder to find with regularity- some days you can get a copy, others they are delayed by a day or two if they get them at all.

I cautioned from the beginning to be wary and weigh & consider anything coming out of local media in this case. They are woefully unprepared for the spotlight, hire very inexperienced people, and the area is very “cliquish” - which can color stories a certain way if some parties have an interest in a matter. This probably isn’t a lot different from other places out there, but it seems particularly bad here at least from my perspective.

Obviously MOO.

Let's hope they never get a Lori Vallow-sized case then. ;):eek:

I will also try to remember to let anything local media says, marinate for an hour or so before I go "passing it on".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member