Found Deceased TN - Evelyn Boswell, 15 months, Sullivan County, 26 DEC 2019 *MOM ARRESTED* #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just my own musings on my thought process... I'm a Mom. Not just a Mom, but a Momma Bear (I even have a shirt and a wine glass embossed with Momma Bear, and that's actually what I'm called at work). My babies are grown now, but I am still FIERCELY protective of them. If you mess with my cubs, you WILL be met with severe consequences. I think that's the 'norm' for most Mothers, though.

I don't see that coming from Megan's 'Mom' AT ALL. So, perhaps I'm somehow feeling a bit overprotective of MB in that absence. And, YES, I see the irony of that, given that it's actually MB's baby who has been found deceased, not AB's. But MB just strikes me as such a child herself!

I suppose it may boil down to the fact that if my own daughter were accused of such a heinous crime, I'd be doing one of two things: A) Shouting from the rooftops to proclaim her innocence to anyone who would listen, and doing everything in my power to protect her; OR B) Dragging her sorry *advertiser censored* to the jail myself, if I thought she were in any way involved in the death of my precious grandbaby ~ at knifepoint, if necessary. I've not seen anything of this nature here.

Here’s why I believe MB killed Evelyn.
I think her relationship was more important to her than EB. I think her bf probably felt annoyed by EB & MB looked at HW as a ticket to the good life.
I believe IF AB & WM were involved, It’s after the fact, possibly to get rid of EB. -Remember, TB said his ex told him “you will regret it” if you notify authorities. EB was found on TB’s property (a shed on his property).
I look at AB’s motivation in getting involved; a history of possible drug abuse, no income, no home, no car. With a car, they could sell it, take off to N.C. and possibly score some drugs. IMO addicts rarely think past the next score.
This is my thinking as well.

Thank you for responding. :D
Follow up questions:
-Do you think her death was accidental or intentional?
-If accidental, how do you see that occurring?
-If intentional, who do you think was involved?

These and your first question are thought-provoking, and what we've all speculated about since we first heard of this case.
Personally, at this point I couldn't even hazard a guess.

Something else has been nagging at me, though. It's about EP. Going on the assumption that he is, in fact, the biological father, what happens now? Surely the military will give him leave to attend his daughter's funeral, and I presume there are legal things that must be done. Since he isn't on the birth certificate and he and MB weren't married, who attends to the legalities? Still MB? What if she's incarcerated?

One more thing about EP. If MB is 18 now, and poor Evelyn would have been 15 or by now maybe 16 months old, I am figuring that MB was 16 when she became pregnant. Is that statutory rape in Tennesee? Would EP get in some kind of trouble for it if he returned home?

I turn to you, Alethea.

I suppose it may boil down to the fact that if my own daughter were accused of such a heinous crime, I'd be doing one of two things: A) Shouting from the rooftops to proclaim her innocence to anyone who would listen, and doing everything in my power to protect her; OR B) Dragging her sorry *advertiser censored* to the jail myself, if I thought she were in any way involved in the death of my precious grandbaby ~ at knifepoint, if necessary. I've not seen anything of this nature here.
RSBM

It was heartening to see CB take on some of that option B action after MB’s bizarro cemetery news interview, though. So at least there’s someone in her life to show her some tough love.

Last edited:
These and your first question are thought-provoking, and what we've all speculated about since we first heard of this case.
Personally, at this point I couldn't even hazard a guess.

Something else has been nagging at me, though. It's about EP. Going on the assumption that he is, in fact, the biological father, what happens now? Surely the military will give him leave to attend his daughter's funeral, and I presume there are legal things that must be done. Since he isn't on the birth certificate and he and MB weren't married, who attends to the legalities? Still MB? What if she's incarcerated?

One more thing about EP. If MB is 18 now, and poor Evelyn would have been 15 or by now maybe 16 months old, I am figuring that MB was 16 when she became pregnant. Is that statutory rape in Tennesee? Would EP get in some kind of trouble for it if he returned home?

I turn to you, Alethea.

(I’m still not the “bird lawyer”, but...)
Tennessee has a Romeo & Juliet statute. EP would have to be more than 4 years older than MB and I don’t believe he is.

Last edited:
Just my own musings on my thought process... I'm a Mom. Not just a Mom, but a Momma Bear (I even have a shirt and a wine glass embossed with Momma Bear, and that's actually what I'm called at work). My babies are grown now, but I am still FIERCELY protective of them. If you mess with my cubs, you WILL be met with severe consequences. I think that's the 'norm' for most Mothers, though.

I don't see that coming from Megan's 'Mom' AT ALL. So, perhaps I'm somehow feeling a bit overprotective of MB in that absence. And, YES, I see the irony of that, given that it's actually MB's baby who has been found deceased, not AB's. But MB just strikes me as such a child herself!

Yes most of us here that have children can be called Momma bears, even if furry children.
I think I would call AB a Momma turtle.

[QUOTE="Factoria, post: 15919663, member: 101305"
It was heartening to see CB take on some of that option B action after MB’s bizarro cemetery news interview, though. So at least there’s someone in her life to show her some tough love.

I understand what you're saying, even though we can't link it here, and I appreciate your thoughts. You may well be correct, and it's merely that AB has no mothering instincts at all... makes a lot of sense, actually, since it appears she has lost custody of her younger children. Certainly gives me food for thought. Thank you. My butt has inched a bit further off the fence. (I've got a pretty big butt, though, so...)

To add to the discussion prompts, mostly to fuel my own curiosity/ unexplainable need to understand the unexplainable in this case....

MB started attending college last fall, but at some point she stopped. Has anyone seen anything to indicate when she stopped taking classes, or why?

I feel like this is one of the core pieces of the puzzle. A bunch of things happened all around the same time and IMO the key to all of this comes down to the timeline and the order in which they happened.

All MOO...

I wish I knew the sequence of these events:

• MB drops out of school.
  • MB starts dating HW.
  • MB starts working at the Chicken Shed.
  • The trailer is trashed.
  • MB takes out a loan against the red Chevy that TB paid for.
  • MB claims to be pregnant.
  • MB either moves out or is kicked out of the trailer
  • MB moves into HW’s parents’ basement.
  • Something happens to Evelyn.
  • The lies begin.

In my mind, at least, all of these things are connected. Buried somewhere in there is the WHY.

Last edited:
I have mixed emotions about that sign.
I think it is an act of kindness for anyone to go to the memorial and write that Evelyn was loved, even by strangers. However, I think it's too strident and too soon to say "killed by family." I know what I believe happened, as do we all, but still they are innocent until proven guilty under the law. Also, there are likely some extended family members who are genuinely innocent, and are grieving right now.
After, if any family members are convicted, those signs can go up all day long. JMO.
I agree. And people wondering why family members haven't gone to the memorial...plainly it's because of things like that sign. And the word family covers a lot of people. What about her daddy and his side of the family? It's a very slippery slope and people need to step back until facts are in and LE makes their move. jmo

Based on feedback so far, those who do not believe MB caused Evelyn's death point to AB.

Follow up question: Does anyone know where AB was "hanging her hat" in November/December 2019?

I'm asking because... that is the time frame when MB moved out of the trailer and into HW's. So, AB couldn't babysit Evelyn at the trailer on Sugar Hollow. It doesn't seem likely that AB would babysit Evelyn at HW's (though, anything is possible). Wondering where this babysitting took place.

To add to the discussion prompts, mostly to fuel my own curiosity/ unexplainable need to understand the unexplainable in this case....

MB started attending college last fall, but at some point she stopped. Has anyone seen anything to indicate when she stopped taking classes, or why?

I feel like this is one of the core pieces of the puzzle. A bunch of things happened all around the same time and IMO the key to all of this comes down to the timeline and the order in which they happened.

• MB starts dating HW.
  • The lies begin.

In my mind, at least, all of these things are connected. Buried somewhere in there is the WHY.
Several of these points are not 'known facts', though... I've not seen anything 'sleuthable' or 'linkable' to confirm any one of those first seven points, in fact. That said, I'm not suggesting that any are untrue. If they are all verified to be true, I suspect that the sequence of events would weigh heavily in my desperate battle between my mind and my gut.

Based on feedback so far, those who do not believe MB caused Evelyn's death point to AB.

Follow up question: Does anyone know where AB was "hanging her hat" in November/December 2019?

I'm asking because... that is the time frame when MB moved out of the trailer and into HW's. So, AB couldn't babysit Evelyn at the trailer on Sugar Hollow. It doesn't seem likely that AB would babysit Evelyn at HW's (though, anything is possible). Wondering where this babysitting took place.

Absolute and complete gut feeling and a guess from me, but I don't think AB was babysitting Evelyn. I'm sitting on my hands and zipping up my mouth until there's more info. Sorry because that sort of defeats the purpose, but I just don't feel like I should say any more until we have more details because I may be barking up the wrong tree, so to speak. JMO.

It is definitely the radio and sounds to me like this song. The word ME is a few words before sycamore tree. Rhymes with three, so that could be what people are hearing. I listened to this song a couple times and then went back to WM leaving in the car, and IMO I believe it is the same song.
Down by the Sycamore Tree, by Kevin Heider
That's ("meet me") definitely not the rhythm of what's sang/said as the car rolled away. It's faster and more upbeat than the two times sang in the song you gave.

Several of these points are not 'known facts', though... I've not seen anything 'sleuthable' or 'linkable' to confirm any one of those first seven points, in fact. That said, I'm not suggesting that any are untrue. If they are all verified to be true, I suspect that the sequence of events would weigh heavily in my desperate battle between my mind and my gut.
MB and college came from herself but I don't think it's true and I would be surprised to even find out that she graduated from high school. As far as moving to the basement TB said she told him that was where she was going and we have to remember it was MB who said it. Personally I think she seemed to have moved into some kind of fantasy land in her mind at some point. There are messages where she told someone she was married but it was a secret. And we all know she claimed to be pregnant.

• MB starts dating HW.
  • The lies begin.

Another WSer stated they "hovered over" the posting to see that date of the Chevy Cruz listing, which was sometime in late October. Don't remember the exact date though.

Another WSer stated they "hovered over" the posting to see that date of the Chevy Cruz listing, which was sometime in late October. Don't remember the exact date though.

It is still posted for sale, hover date is listed as 10/29/2019, 7:21 a.m. Would be interested to know where (on what property) the photo was taken as well.

2018 Chevrolet Cruze · LT Sedan 4D

MB and college came from herself but I don't think it's true and I would be surprised to even find out that she graduated from high school. As far as moving to the basement TB said she told him that was where she was going and we have to remember it was MB who said it. Personally I think she seemed to have moved into some kind of fantasy land in her mind at some point. There are messages where she told someone she was married but it was a secret. And we all know she claimed to be pregnant.
WVLT confirmed that MB attended Northeast State.

Do you have a link for TB's statement that MB told him she was moving to HW's basement?

Do you have a link to the messages where MB told someone she was married?

Boswell case becomes center of attention at Northeast State Community College
Boswell attended Northeast State for just one semester in 2019. Records the college provided show she was majoring in Small Business Management.

I recall that, too. But, wasn't the Cruze repo'd? I'm certain that I read that here, not on SM, but I don't have a repo date and I don't have a linkable source, unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luisgill