Found Deceased TN - Evelyn Boswell, 15 months, Sullivan County, 26 DEC 2019 *MOM ARRESTED* #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I honestly don't have anything against the guy. He never met the baby and their relationship was probably never in that stage, I remember it looked like she was way more into him than he was into her too. She told him the baby was with her dad so he didn't ask. She killed her own baby, he didn't do anything wrong.

Again agree with everything you say above. All MOO

Friday, May 14th:
*Status Hearing (via video) (@ 9am ET) - TN – Evelyn Mae Boswell (15 mos. DOB 11/21/18) (last seen Dec. 10 or 11, 2019 by babysitter, Blountville, Sullivan County, reported missing Feb. 18, 2020 by State of Tenn. Dept. Child Services; Evelyn’s remains were found on Mar. 6, 2020 at a family member’s property at the 500 block of Muddy Creek Road in Sullivan County; officially id’d Mar. 11, 2020). *Megan “Maggie” Boswell (18/now 20) aka Maggie Wood aka Megan Nicole Kys “mother” arrested & originally charged (2/25/20) with 1 count of false reporting. Bond set at $25K. Bond increased (3/9/20) to $150K. [see below for re-charges].
Indicted (5/18/20) & originally charged (5/28/20) with 11 counts of false reporting. Plead not guilty. Bond stays set at $150K. [see below re re-charges]. Re-Charged & indicted (8/19/20) & arraigned (8/28/20) with 2 counts of 1st degree felony murder, 2 counts of aggravated child abuse/neglect, 1 count of tampering with evidence, 12 counts of false reporting, 1 count of abuse of a corpse & 1 count of failure to report a death suspicious, unusual, or unnatural circumstances. Plead not guilty. $1M bond.
Court info from 2/20/20 thru 8/28/20 reference post #394 here:
Found Deceased - TN - Evelyn Boswell, 15 months, Sullivan County, 26 DEC 2019 *MOM ARRESTED* #9

12/3/20 Update: State will announce their intentions concerning enhanced punishment at next hearing. Sullivan District Attorney General Barry Staubus says he’s going to talk with Tommy Boswell, Sr. (Megan’s father & Evelyn’s grandfather) before making the announcement on Boswell’s punishment. Defense to announce the timing needed to proceed with their motion to change venue. Defense attorney permitted to share sealed autopsy with Boswell. Next court hearing on 1/22/21 @ 9am.
1/22/21 Update: The Sullivan County District Attorney General’s office stated Friday in court that they would be seeking a sentence of life imprisonment without parole should Boswell be found guilty in the death of her daughter, Evelyn. The district attorney’s office will not seek the death penalty against Boswell. Boswell’s attorney, Brad Sproles, stated the defense still needed to go through some recordings that hadn’t been provided to them. The district attorney general’s office is still going through some of the information before sharing it with Sproles. Sproles also said more motions could be filed, based on the evidence. Judge James Goodwin set a status hearing for May 14.

Attorneys are still awaiting analysis of two pieces of forensic evidence from the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation. However, both Boswell’s attorney, Brad Sproles, and state prosecutors would not say exactly what those pieces of evidence are.

Sproles told News Channel 11 that he could possibly still file additional motions at the September hearing.

Sproles said if the case against Boswell goes to trial, he would not expect a trial date before 2022.

Megan Boswell’s attorney does not expect trial to take place in 2021 | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather

I wonder what the two pieces of forensic evidence is that they are waiting for.

I couldn't see the video because I'm in UK. Some places don't like us to see or read things. Grr.

That's why I like to post the same video on Youtube when possible. I guess that it can be viewed anywhere on planet earth.

Megan Boswell appears in Sullivan County court May 14

from WJHL News - May 14, 2021

Last edited:
That's why I like to post the same video on Youtube when possible. I guess that it can be viewed anywhere on planet earth.

Megan Boswell appears in Sullivan County court May 14

from WJHL News - May 14, 2021

Thank you for the link. Even though it was short, sound not 100%, I really appreciate your thoughtfulness and don't feel out of the loop now.

No doubt @Niner feels the same lol. Thanks again.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025
Back