Found Deceased TN - Evelyn Boswell, 15 months, Sullivan County, 26 DEC 2019 *MOM ARRESTED* #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Friday, September 23rd:
*Motions/Petition Hearing (@ 1:30pm ET) - TN – Evelyn Mae Boswell (15 mos. DOB 11/21/18) (last seen Dec. 10 or 11, 2019 by babysitter, Blountville, Sullivan County, reported missing Feb. 18, 2020 by State of Tenn. Dept. Child Services; Evelyn’s remains were found on Mar. 6, 2020 at a family member’s property at the 500 block of Muddy Creek Road in Sullivan County; officially id’d Mar. 11, 2020). *Megan “Maggie” Boswell (18/now 21) aka Maggie Wood aka Megan Nicole Kys “mother” arrested & originally charged (2/25/20) with 1 count of false reporting. Bond set at $25K. Bond increased (3/9/20) to $150K. [see below for re-charges].
Indicted (5/18/20) & originally charged (5/28/20) with 11 counts of false reporting. Plead not guilty. Bond stays set at $150K. [see below re re-charges].
Re-Charged & indicted (8/19/20) & arraigned (8/28/20) with 2 counts of 1st degree felony murder, 2 counts of aggravated child abuse & neglect, 1 count of tampering with evidence, 12 counts of false reporting, 1 count of abuse of a corpse & 1 count of failure to report a death suspicious, unusual, or unnatural circumstances. Plead not guilty. $1M bond. Bond reduction denied (12/3/21).
Trial was set to begin on 9/26/22 & continued to 2/6/23. (expected to last 3 to 4 weeks).
Court info from 2/20/20 thru 4/7/22 reference post #529 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...nty-26-dec-2019-mom-arrested-9.524628/page-27

6/2/22 Update: Boswell’s defense attorney Thursday met with the DA as well as the judge in the case to discuss the agenda for her court appearance on Monday. “On Monday, after consulting with the DA & judge in the case, we’ve determined that we are only going to hear a motion to continue the trial. It’s going to be based on my – the defense’s – need for expert testimony that we have to procure based on evidence that was recently provided to us by the state,” defense attorney Brad Sproles said. According to District Attorney General Barry Staubus, that will be the only topic of discussion Monday following the several-hour-long meeting Thursday morning. “On Monday, we – the state doesn’t intend to file any motions or hear any motions, but I expect that we will hear some at a later date. After talking to counsel for the defense, my understanding is they’re going to file a motion to ask to have an expert to review some of the findings from our fingerprint evidence from the TBI,” Staubus said. District attorney Barry Staubus told News 5 he anticipates the defendant will file a motion to retain an expert to review the results of the TBI latent print examination reports. Her attorney has already asked for severance, meaning he wants her false reporting charges to go to trial separately from her murder and child abuse charges. The state argues they should be all tried together. Monday, 6/13/22 court appearance is set for 9 a.m.
6/13/22 Update: Boswell appeared in Sullivan County General Sessions Court, where her legal counsel, Brad Sproles, requested the trial get pushed back to February as fingerprints have been found on a “crucial” piece of evidence. The nature of the evidence was not revealed. Judge Jim Goodwin reset the trial, originally scheduled for 9/26/22 to take place on 2/6/23. Judge acknowledged that if he forced the trial in September & if Boswell was subsequently convicted, they’d just have to retry. He also said that TBI has taken “months & months & months” to get lab results back. Judge Goodwin also moved a motions hearing scheduled for 6/24/22 to 9/23/22. Need motion for photographs? Any new motions besides fingerprint motion must be filed no later than 9/6/22. Next motions hearing 9/23/22 @ 1:30pm & change of venue motions hearing scheduled for 12/16/22 @ 1:30pm.

Here's hoping today is a good day for the State and the trial will still move forward in Feb. MB needs to answer for her crimes and that sweet little baby girl needs justice.

I wonder if the hearing will be televised? If I find a link, I'lll post it.

Sorry is this is a repeat.

Warning! Graphic description from autopsy follows!

From your link:
Mileusnic-Polchan said she found that Evelyn’s cause of death was asphyxia in four different places. She also said that it was, in her opinion, a homicide.

In TBI Agent Brian Fraley’s earlier testimony, he said that Megan Boswell had previously said Evelyn died in an accident while co-sleeping with her and her then-boyfriend.

Mileusnic-Polchan refuted that statement, saying Evelyn was too old at the time of her death to have died in such a manner, and the environment was not conducive to that type of death. According to Mileusnic-Polchan, there was a “mechanical obstruction” to Evelyn’s airway in the form of foil, and a blanket had been tightly wrapped around her head.

In addition, Mileusnic-Polcha testified that being in the trash can in which she was found was another form of asphyxiation.

She went on to testify that the photos being discussed as potential evidence give a complete picture of the manner in which Evelyn died, as well as the placement and condition of her body, which had started to decompose.
More at the link. The doctor went on to describe the photos showed signs of decomposition and "unnatural" folding of Evelyn's body.

She also said she's only seen one other case of a child around Evelyn's age dying from an adult lying on them and that case was ruled a homicide.

A thick fleece blanket was wrapped around Evelyn's head.

Defense of course argued that the photos would be emotional to the jury if viewing them and it would prevent them from making a rational decision. Mmmm, okay, whatever.

Sorry is this is a repeat.

Unbelievable info in the video portions. :eek: From the link:

In his closing argument, District Attorney General Barry Staubus said the photos in question do not show open wounds, blood or facial expressions. He argued all photos in a homicide case are disturbing, but these are not overly gruesome without providing the full scope of the situation.

Sproles disagreed, saying that the fact that a forensic pathologist thought the images were disturbing was telling. He said he believes the jury would have an emotional response to seeing them, which would hinder their ability to make a rational decision.

So MB wants to fire her lawyer Sproles. The judge denied her request and said this may change depending on future events.

We learned today that baby Evelyn was found with her body wrapped in foil, then a fleece blanket, stuffed inside a black garbage bag, and placed head-first inside a rubbish bin located inside the play house. o_O

No words...

What a monster. :mad:

The forensic pathologist testified that Evelyn’s body had been unnaturally folded, and other photographs showed her body had been wrapped so tightly that her facial features flattened. Mileusnic said pictures will help a jury determine if the death was accidental or intentional. She said jurors should see how tightly Evelyn had been wrapped in a blanket and foil.

Docket:

Hearing For Role Hearing Type Hearing Date/Time Judge Hearing Result
Megan Boswell Defendant Jury Trial 02/06/2023 8:30 AM James F Goodwin

Megan Boswell Defendant Motion/Petition 12/16/2022 1:30 PM James F Goodwin

Megan Boswell Defendant Jury Trial 09/26/2022 8:30 AM James F Goodwin Continuance Granted

Megan Boswell Defendant Motion/Petition 09/23/2022 1:30 PM James F Goodwin Motion Granted

link: Sullivan County - Criminal Case Detail

Last edited:
I knew this young woman was dangerous the first time I saw her speaking to the press. She treated beautiful little Evelyn worse than a piece of trash, she asphyxiated her 4 different ways. WHO DOES THAT????

Someone without a conscience and a soul. I hope they seek the DP here, I can't think of better case than this. I knew it was going to be bad, but this is just unimaginable.

MOO

I knew this young woman was dangerous the first time I saw her speaking to the press. She treated beautiful little Evelyn worse than a piece of trash, she asphyxiated her 4 different ways. WHO DOES THAT????

Someone without a conscience and a soul. I hope they seek the DP here, I can't think of better case than this. I knew it was going to be bad, but this is just unimaginable.

MOO
I've shared this before but I too think MB is dangerous, and to be honest, I'm personally fearful of her! When she blamed her mother, I found myself really believing MB.

I don't know how to explain it --it was like she was hypnotic and I felt like I needed to distance myself and stop watching her. :eek:

And to learn how she tightly encased little Evelyn's head and body in tin foil? MOG...

Oh my heart! We read such terrible things here on WS, but honestly I cannot imagine wrapping a baby in tinfoil?!!! Who would even think of that?!! That beautiful little girl, her precious face. Then wrapped again and stuffed in the garbage like trash. Why oh why don’t they give these babies up? Why be so inhumane? How can she feel no emotion for what she did?!

This hurts. This hurts deeply down to my soul

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back