Found Deceased TN - Evelyn Boswell, 15 months, Sullivan County, 26 DEC 2019 *MOM ARRESTED* #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
^^^ THIS! Thank you, @MsMarple!! Well said!

And to know now that she acted ALONE!! How many times did she get on camera with a straight face and just spill out all the LIES! No conscience and obviously, no heart!!! Awful! MOO
I know, right? As many times as we've seen interviews with guilty caretakers it still amazes me that a mother can go in front of a camera and act like she has no idea of what happened to her precious child or in this case, try and put the blame on others.

that took an extraordinary long time but finally we have an answer now we try to get justice for a child with no voice
I waited to log in here and discuss because all this time has been so difficult and here I am in tears yet again wondering how this baby felt needing her mommy... her sole caregiver and provider... We love you Evelyn and justice is coming sweet angel!

I'm just disgusted and saddened beyond belief. Not that we're surprised here on WebSleuths, seeing it thread after thread. Parents kill their children all the time. :(

I hope justice comes swiftly and mercilessly to Megan. I believe she wanted another lifestyle that didn't include baby Evelyn.

Possibly first and second degree murder?

I found this on google.. Multiple counts of first degree murder can be charged based on alternative theories of murder. There is intentional murder, murder through actions that one knows will highly result in death, felony murder where victim dies during defendant's commission of a felony crime, and a few other variations on those themes. The facts dictate which murder counts to charge and how many. The number of counts is not limited to the number of victims.

Thank you steeltowngirl for the explanation and taking the time to let me know. Much appreciated.

I honestly didn't think it was her. Jesus Christ, 19 counts? What happened to Evelyn? What did she do to her own baby?

I was so darnedsure it wasn't her, she's just a kid her self and I couldn't see it. It's only recently I started to get a heavy feeling in my gut where this was going. As to what she did, we'll have to wait for that.

As far as I can tell, factors which qualify the charge of felony murder are aggravated child abuse and aggravated child neglect, along with Evelyn being under the age of 12. I'm not sure if premeditation is being considered. It's a little confusing but we'll probably get some clarification soon.

In my mind both child abuse and neglect are intentional acts where the perpetrator should know that those actions will cause serious harm or death to the victim but I don't know if the law agrees with me. In any case I suspect MB will go away for a long time. How long may depend on whether or not she cuts a deal. MOO.

To add, I looked up Felony murder in TN. and found this:
39-13-202. First degree murder.
(a) First degree murder is:
(1) A premeditated and intentional killing of another;
(2) A killing of another committed in the perpetration of or attempt to perpetrate any first degree murder, act of terrorism, arson, rape, robbery, burglary, theft, kidnapping, aggravated child abuse, aggravated child neglect, rape of a child, aggravated rape of a child or aircraft piracy; or <snip>

_ It goes on to say:
(d) As used in subdivision (a)(1), “premeditation” is an act done after the exercise of reflection and judgment. “Premeditation” means that the intent to kill must have been formed prior to the act itself. It is not necessary that the purpose to kill pre-exist in the mind of the accused for any definite period of time. The mental state of the accused at the time the accused allegedly decided to kill must be carefully considered in order to determine whether the accused was sufficiently free from excitement and passion as to be capable of premeditation.
2010 Tennessee Code :: Title 39 - Criminal Offenses :: Chapter 13 - Offenses Against Person :: :: Part 2 - Criminal Homicide :: :: 39-13-202 - First degree murder.
My bolding.

The most serious form of homicide in Tennessee is first-degree murder. It's punished most severely of all the homicides, including with the death penalty in certain cases. Tennessee law considers two main types of killings to be first-degree murder: intentional, planned ahead killings as well as felony murders, or murders committed during a violent felony. The prosecutor needs to prove beyond a reasonable doubt both the murder and the lack of lawful justification.
Tennessee First-Degree Murder

felony murder
: a murder that occurs in the commission of a serious felony (as burglary or sexual battery) compare misdemeanor-manslaughter at manslaughter NOTE: Felony murder is usually considered first-degree murder. Felony murder does not require specific intent to kill, and an accessory to the felony may also be charged with the murder.
Murder - FindLaw
My bolding.

I need more coffee and will sit quietly in a corner to read your information again. I think I'll have to save it until I've got it in my head.

Oh my heart hurts so much over this case. Didn't anyone see any signs that Megan was struggling. There again, her own mother wouldn't have had the time to stop and enquire how things were going.

Multiple counts of first degree murder can be charged based on alternative theories of murder. There is intentional murder, murder through actions that one knows will highly result in death, felony murder where victim dies during defendant's commission of a felony crime, and a few other variations on those themes. The facts dictate which murder counts to charge and how many. The number of counts is not limited to the number of victims.

So much to take in but I'm sure going to give it a try to remember if not all but some of the info.
Here in the UK our laws stand the same up and down the country, but the US seem to vary State to State. If I were younger maybe I'd have more brain capacity to retain more info lol.

So much to take in but I'm sure going to give it a try to remember if not all but some of the info.
Here in the UK our laws stand the same up and down the country, but the US seem to vary State to State. If I were younger maybe I'd have more brain capacity to retain more info lol.

You're right. Every state has different laws and each has the legal authority to construct the laws in the way it sees fit, provided the laws don't violate the constitution.

The legal system for 49 of the 50 states have their origin in English Common Law.

Pointing to how long it took before a grand jury indicted Boswell on murder and other charges, Sproles said the case against his client may go on for quite a length of time.

“[Attorney] General Staubus announced that [Evelyn’s] body was found in March, and here we are toward the end of August just to get to the phase of having an indict. You can see how long that took,” Sproles said.

Now that there has been an indictment for Evelyn’s death, Sproles said the next step will be going through all the evidence with his client.

“I spoke with the district attorney after the press conference and they are going to work on providing us with the discovery for all the evidence so we can take a look at it, which we’ve not been able to at this point,” he said. “I’m sure that’s going to take a while, there’s volumes and volumes of evidence that they’ve had to go through.” When asked if he was surprised by the indictment, Sproles replied: “I’d rather not answer that.”

Attorney for Megan Boswell responds to murder indictment | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather

Lol, you're only as old as you feel my friend. Yes, state's are so divided in laws and even sentencing here.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mavakaga
Back