TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know she has her passport, but she would also need her driver's lic. to drive over the border, yes??

To cross into Canada, if you have a passport, that's all you need. If you have a DL, in addition to that, you must have your birth certificate or something similar. These are the rules that were changed last year. It used to be all we had to do was show our DL.

The quickest way into Canada from Buffalo is over 1 of 4 bridges: Peace Bridge (Fort Erie, ON/Buffalo), Rainbow Bridge (Niagara Falls, ON/Niagara Falls, NY), Whirpool Bridge--Lexus/Nexxus ONLY (Niagara Falls, ON/Niagara Falls, NY), and Lewiston-Queenston Bridge (Queenston, ON/Lewiston, NY)

In high school and early in college, it was common for us to drive to Niagara Falls--NY and ON. It's approximately 20~30 minutes from Williamsville, where we grew up. Same to Buffalo/Fort Erie. LQ Bridge is another 10-15 minutes past Niagara Falls, NY.

If Gail left from her home heading for the closest border crossing, do you think she would have headed north to Detroit and then carry on to Ft. Erie border crossing into Buffalo? TY

If Gail left from her home heading for the closest border crossing, do you think she would have headed north to Detroit and then carry on to Ft. Erie border crossing into Buffalo? TY

She could have, but when she was reported missing, I believe that would put her into the Immigration database that would flag her passport if she crosses in either direction. Although, not sure if local LE would notify all other LE through official channels or not.

I disagree...I don't see any mention of not passing it on, only stated they thought she probably just took off. This is how incorrect information gets going...

Here is the rest of the email I had not originally posted:

"If my wife [sic] was missing I would want as many flyers out there as possible and if I were a co-worker I’d be out looking, not calling people who circulated the flyer to tell them it might have been an embarrassing thing to do!!!!"

To me, that's trying to discourage forwarding the flyers because "they" are embarrassed.

So someone from BC/BS called this friend of a friend discouraging spreading the flier? Am I reading that email right?

My husband works at BCBST and as far as I know this is NOT an official word from BCBST. In no way have we been told not help spread the word and try to find Gail. We are all very concerned about Gail and want to do all we can to help bring her home.

My husband works at BCBST and as far as I know this is NOT an official word from BCBST. In no way have we been told not help spread the word and try to find Gail. We are all very concerned about Gail and want to do all we can to help bring her home.

I am glad to hear that! All I know is what was in the email that was sent to me, which I forwarded to LE. And remember, this friend of a friend knew nothing of the situation--just wanted to help get the word out.

Also, I've known Matt since he and Gail have been together. He has been a guest in my home on more than one occasion. I don't want to jump to conclusions either, but strange things have been and are happening that don't make sense on either side and I am fearful for Gail's safety since we have no idea where she is.
<modsnipped information>

Any of you that are local to the Signal Mountain TN area, and would like to assist the family members who are passing out flyers tomorrow...They will be in the WalMart Parking Lot at the base of Signal Mtn. (I believe the address is 501 Signal Mountain Road, Signal Mountain, TN.) If any1 is able to give a couple hours of their time and energy to HELP FIND GAIL ...Please be there ... They are telling me that the will be there around 12 noon Monday 05/16/2011. Your help and prayers are very much appreciated by the family members who are constantly looking for Gail. Thank you...If you plan on attempting to be there tomorrow to help ... Please LIKE this posting ;o) Thanks again!

Thanks.. I do know Suck Creek Rd runs into Marion County but also knew the road is also in Hamilton County.. Also, the River Inn Restaurant is in Chattanooga and thats why I asked about the Chattanooga Police Department having jurisdiction..Just don't where exactly the police department of Chattanooga surrenders their jurisdiction. JMHO

I'm not 100% sure because I can't find a good map, but I don't think that Suck Creek Road is within the Chattanooga City Limits. I believe it would be the Hamilton County Sherriff's jurisdiction.

Having said that, people live right around that place and while it's not impossible for a vehicle to go into the water there, I think someone would hear it or see it. Anything is possible I guess.

I live in Ohio and I'm about equally close to Buffalo and Detroit, but I'd have to go opposite directions on the highway to reach either one. I don't think it would make sense to drive all the way to Detroit to go into Canada and then drive back to Buffalo. I've stayed in Williamsville before, it's a nice place, and very easy to get to Canada from there. I don't think she would go to Canada without telling her family she was okay though. Also, if she does supposedly have all this jewelry with her that might raise an eyebrow at Canadian customs? Usually they don't even check, but it would make me nervous to do that.

I'm really confused about the idea that Gail has fled to Canada for some reason. Is there a basis for this theory besides upstate New York being near Canada?

ETA: If the family thought she had driven to Buffalo or Canada, why would they be searching here?

We do TRY to be careful here, to protect ALL the victums in each case. And/but try hard as we may, there are always numerous occasions when we step on someone's toes. Nothing will be accomplished if someone doesn't ask the hard questions. We will just try VERY hard to not jump up and down on anyones' back!! JBean has asknowledged the gossip/rumor, as we all have, but it IS just rumor and we can't stop to look only there. Or ignore it. I will try very hard to remember that we have friends here on both sides of this equation all wanting the same thing: To make sure that Gail is OK and staying away by her own free will. I personally am not vested in either theory.

I am glad to hear that! All I know is what was in the email that was sent to me, which I forwarded to LE. And remember, this friend of a friend knew nothing of the situation--just wanted to help get the word out.

Also, I've known Matt since he and Gail have been together. He has been a guest in my home on more than one occasion. I don't want to jump to conclusions either, but strange things have been and are happening that don't make sense on either side and I am fearful for Gail's safety since we have no idea where she is.

In addition, her friend gave information (hard copy proof, if you will) to LE today. I'm waiting to see what they do with the information so I will not say any more. It might be something, it might be nothing.

I'm sure Gail and her family would appreciate all you're doing to help find her.

You are a true friend, along with the one you mentioned who turned over possible relevent information to LE. This is what friends do when one is missing.

JMHO
fran

BBM. I wonder if he called her in the AM and asked her to come back? I wonder what time he arrived home that Saturday.

====

Matthew Palmgren said in an affidavit filed in Chancery Court that the couple had been married since 1996.

[snipped]

He said he proposed to meet Mrs. Palmgren at the residence on April 30, but when he arrived she was gone, having left the two children "by themselves without any supervision."

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_200931.asp

<modsnip member name> often when there is a missing person case discussed on here people throw out different scenarios....other people poke holes in them and that's a good thing....it helps focus the discussion....I also worked for attorneys for several years and can tell you that it is entirely possible for such a filing to have been in the works beforehand but it is also just as likely that it could have been accomplished in that time period. I've certainly seen it before, especially when time is off the essence due to a safety concern, which clearly is an element of this case. After all, if you really feel someone in a mentally ill state is going to abscond with your children, that's the kind of thing that can't afford to take a lot of time to put together. I appreciate that you have a closer perspective here than some, and are supportive of the husband. However, I think you can see why there are circumstances here that would give an outsider pause...the friends saying she was afraid of him and the family denying his claims that she had mental issues, the recent interactions with police....these aren't things some bored individual on this forum just made up. The purpose of this forum isn't to bash the husband, any more than it is to defend him....this is a forum about Gail, and the fact that she is missing.

Where this post lands is random.

Whether you are a new or old member, please make sure you acquaint yourself with our etiquette and our TOS.

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65798"]Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

It is not permissible to attack other members.
If your post becomes about another member you are on the wrong track. if your post about another member is not flattering we have a problem. If your unflattering post is about a moderator, plan on a vacation. :)

This board does not allow rude posts about other members .

We do not know what has happened to Gail. e know a lot of people are worried about her. We do not know if she left on her own or if she was forced to leave or if she had an accident or any other possible scenarios.

Discuss your opinions and the facts at hand.

We are not all going to agree and if you do not like someone else's point of view,then scroll by it and do not respond. If a post violates etiquette or TOS please alert on it and a moderator will review.

Where's Gail?

Nichols says Gail and Matthew recently filed for a legal separation.

My goodness, did we know this until now? Someone earlier speculated that Matt's legal paperwork must have been in progress before Gail disappeared, and that certainly seems to be the case.

It seems to me that this would be the least likely time for Gail to just run off in fear. She had LE helping her by giving her a safe number, and she was in the process of getting out of a relationship that was clearly problematic. We also can see from those who have spoken to the media that she had supportive friends and family members who were already helping her. Running away from all those resources doesn't make any sense. I hope SO MUCH that I'm wrong, and that she has just gone somewhere to cool off for a while, but with each day that passes that becomes less likely.

One of my classmates received a reply from a friend, who happens to be working in Chattanooga for the last 18 months.

I am very confused about this. I read your followup comments but I'm still confused as to who got the phone call. Can you please clarify:

Your classmate's friend works in Chattanooga. Does he work at BCBS or does he just know people who work there? Is your classmate's friend the one who received that phone call?

I hope I'm not being irritating, I'm just having "pronoun trouble"! It sounds as though your classmate's friend was helping to pass out fliers and someone called him to say the fliers were "embarrassing" and that Gail probably "just ran off".

If it was your classmate's friend, did he say that this person who called him was completely anonymous and never identified themselves? Or was it someone he knew the name of but had never spoken with before?

has it been ascertained by LE, that there were no cell phone calls/pings
between 12:15 pm on Saturday, April 30, and 5:00 pm Monday, May 2 ?

LE, undoubtedly, has the cell phone records.
Are they saying anything?
Just wondering what time Matt phoned Gail to propose meeting at the house on April 30?

and what time Matt allegedly arrived at the home on April 30

Gail Palmgren Timeline http://bit.ly/lVCfth

A question to people who know Matt,

Is he a litigious guy? Have you heard of any other matters involving a lawyer in the last few years?

They seem to be at the very least wealthy middle class, and I know a lot of moderately wealthy people who, just through their business and relationship lives, have been involved in a lot of lawsuits and legal mediation, and other sorts of legal issues, and they like to lawyer up at times that other people might find inappropriate, not because they did anything wrong but just because that's what they know to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alwaysseeking