TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is really bothering me is that there have been no sightings of her jeep. The fact that she has vanity plates makes it so much easier to identify. I have to believe LE has faxed a copy of the vehicle descriptions to other towns nearby. I just have an uneasy feeling that we haven't had sightings on the jeep. IMO the jeep might be somewhere that it is not visible. Maybe an accident of some sort...I don't know.

LE stated that the states of TN, AL and GA had been notified. I've wondered why not FL and KY since she had resided in those states. KY just a little over a year ago, and Louisville, is more or less a straight shot up 75. Curious if she or MP had known any horse people there or Lexington? The Derby was the following w/e from her disappearing.

http://mapq.st/kEERAd

If her ostentatious jeep hasn't been spotted (personalized license plate reading "Eazy St"?), and the local/regional/national LE databases have it on their watch lists, then it's possible that it's in a garage/shed/barn other private, indoor storage area. If she made arrangements for mail forwarding and account access as well as the removal and storage of personal property from the family home, it's possible she herself pre-arranged a space for it.

w/r/t the boat and needing 2 vehicles. Sounds like maybe he wanted to drive his jeep down to the Lake House so he could tow the boat back to the Signal Mtn residence.

I was going to suggest that too. Also, do the locals know of any mines or caves in the local area?

So glad to hear some news from the media. Sounds like LE may have told her family to keep things pretty close. I hope GP told Diane why she thought she was being followed and a description of the last car to do so....and the occupants. Maybe she had some incidents in her travels to and/or from Wetumpka? Maybe the friend had her list of license plate numbers and turned them over? As another poster has stated, she had too many to turn to....and she did call her sis right before she disappeared.

Can anyone that has contact with the family know the gist of her leaving without her DL and CC's? Where they were found? Did she have a purse with her, etc.? Any clothes taken with her? Did she know anyone with a plane or someone who did? Her jeep could be sitting in the parking lot of an airport....someplace? Her story needs to go national.

Hate to mention this last one, but if some "not so nice" person read her story....about the missing jewelry and spotted the vehicle thinking she may have it with her...............???

Any of you that are local to the Signal Mountain TN area, and would like to assist the family members who are passing out flyers tomorrow...They will be in the WalMart Parking Lot at the base of Signal Mtn. (I believe the address is 501 Signal Mountain Road, Signal Mountain, TN.) If any1 is able to give a couple hours of their time and energy to HELP FIND GAIL ...Please be there ... They are telling me that the will be there around 12 noon Monday 05/16/2011. Your help and prayers are very much appreciated by the family members who are constantly looking for Gail. Thank you...If you plan on attempting to be there tomorrow to help ... Please LIKE this posting ;o) Thanks again!

Has anyone thought of notifiying NG or the larger media venues? NG is a Georgia girl.

Interesting blog, Sleuthy1, thanks for the link.

I noticed one thing right off the bat: The blog says "We know the husband has a mistress who also is a co-worker" is fact. But I don't think it is known. As far as I know, that information is only found in anonymous online comments on a news article and has not been verified.

The comment on that post that the local Sunday newspaper had nothing on her disappearance is shocking. It's almost unbelievable. Why doesn't the local media care?

http://murphymilanojournal.blogspot.com/2011/05/gail-nowacki-palmgren-more-questions.html

Excellent Read.....Just posted on BRING GAIL HOME NOW FB page:great:

Thanks. This says "On Saturday, April 30, 2011, Gail Nowacki Palmgren, age 44, dropped off her 9 and 12 year old children at the marital residence and headed to the local Wal-Mart in Signal Mountain, TN..."

Has anyone said Gail told them she was headed to the Walmart, or is the writer making that assumption because of the cell phone ping on Monday, May 2nd? I don't think we know she was headed to Walmart?

Hey all. Sorry if this has been discussed. I'm trying to catch up and have only managed a few pages of the thread so far.

What I'd like to know is, why the 2 days difference between the date she went missing and the date the phone pinged at Wal-mart? Have there been any mentions of the phone pinging any earlier at that location?

It just seems so odd to me. If Gail thought she was in danger of her life, why hang around the community?

Once again, I may have missed somewhere where it says the May 2nd ping was the last known ping, rather than the first. If this is the case, please just give me a friendly correction, rather than yelling at me :)

As others have mentioned, you can do a change of address form at the post office or online. Husband says form he received was dated Saturday, April 30th. The Signal Mountain Post Office closes at Noon on Saturday. Husband said she arrived home from Alabama (~4 hour drive) about Noon. It’s not likely she stopped with the kids at the post office on her way home to change her address.

When you do the change of address online, it just asks for name, current and new address, and credit card or debit card information (charges $1). Anyone with access to Gail’s credit or debit card and a computer or mobile device with internet access could have entered the change.

I’d like to know more about this change of address – USPS could identify the method and time of request.

Matt Palmgren said his wife returned with the children and the family’s dogs early April 30 from the family’s lake house, about 20 miles north of Montgomery, Ala. He said he did not know how long she had been there and that she dropped the children off with no one home at about noon.

http://www.tfponline.com/news/2011/may/07/police-searching-missing-signal-woman/

Palmgren said he received a mail change of address form dated April 30 for his wife
http://timesfreepress.com/news/2011/may/12/missing-womans-husband-seeks-custody-children/

Signal Mountain Post Office
1155 Ridgeway Avenue
800-275-8777
Hours of operation:
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday - 8 AM to 4 PM
Thursday - 8 AM to 12:00 Noon
Saturday - 9 AM to 12:00 Noon
http://www.sigmtn.com/community/services.php

United States Postal Service
Change your address online
· Exclusive Mover Savings
Get instant access to over $500 in valuable coupons
· Safe and Secure
Safeguard your personal information with identity verification by a simple $1 charge to your credit or debit card
· Email Confirmation
Receive an immediate email confirmation of your Change of Address

For your security, please verify your identity using a credit card or debit card. We'll need to charge your card $1.00.
https://moversguide.usps.com/icoa/icoa-main-flow.do?execution=e2s1

I noted the family has dogs. Did the husband suggest they meet somewhere to talk, and not in front of the kids? Was Gail going somewhere else? Would she leave the kids at home alone if she was scared and thought she was being followed? Did Gail leave the house voluntarily? Did the neighbor actually see her or just her Jeep leaving? What kind of vehicle does the husband drive? Was his vehicle seen by neighbor(s) that day and if so, at what time(s)? Was the house processed as a potential crime scene?

Matt Palmgren said his wife returned with the children and the family’s dogs early April 30 from the family’s lake house.

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2011/may/07/police-searching-missing-signal-woman/?print

He said he proposed to meet Mrs. Palmgren at the residence on April 30, but when he arrived she was gone, having left the two children "by themselves without any supervision."

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_200931.asp

"She was nervous. She was anxious. She sounded scared," says Diane Nichols. Palmgren wouldn't say why she was scared but the Nichols made out this much, "She just thought she was being followed."

http://www.newschannel9.com/news/palmgren-1001216-nichols-last.html

"I saw her leaving around 12:15 that afternoon and I ran up the hill to say hi, because I knew she'd been upset for quite a while. Things have been going on at the house," said neighbor Susie Button. "She just drove away, she never even acknowledged me."

http://www.wrcbtv.com/global/story.asp?s=14601268

She could have, but when she was reported missing, I believe that would put her into the Immigration database that would flag her passport if she crosses in either direction. Although, not sure if local LE would notify all other LE through official channels or not.

I believe she was put in NCIC the same day as she was reported missing by Signal Mountain PD. That should have flagged her identification, especially since she was not carrying her DL apparently. Never say never though. :(

I love the energy here, fwiw. :rocker:

People who dont even know Gail are committed to helping her family find her....God Bless you all. :blowkiss:

A few thoughts;

If Gail is presumed (by husband, some individuals at BCBS, and/or LE) to be unharmed and somewhere else by choice - if there was any solid evidence of this, I would think that that sentiment would definitely have been passed on to Gail's family who is down from NY searching and passing out fliers (?!), and otherwise behaving as if there is no evidence of this.

If the children have been separated and sent to reside in different places for the time being, this might suggest that MP wants to ensure they cannot both be removed at the same time...which would logically follow from his legal actions.

I do suspect the information put out there about Gail's mental condition partly stems from separation or unamicable divorce proceedings that may have been in the works well before April 30, so perhaps greatly exagerrated or untrue but nonetheless claimed in legal documents for purposes of custody/separation/temporary order.

Along with physical custody of the children (who does or doesn't pay child support), the removal of valuable jewelry also supports a pre-divorce state of mind (liquidating certain assets).

I wonder - if there was an inevitable divorce in the works - exactly how much $ was at stake?

Finally, if Gail has in fact disappeared by choice and is in hiding...she's put herself in a very tenuous situation re: separation/divorce/alimony. If she was inclined to forfeit her rights to property and custody why do it in a way like this? makes no sense...

If she was scared, maybe it had something to do with all of this? i.e. was threatened not to take any contesting or proactive measures? maybe the threat was not against her safety and well being?

Couple things continue to bother me today.
1.Cannot reconcile that no one else can corroborate delusional behavior. This is not a term that a person with this background would throw around lightly especially in divorce proceedings. How can that be hidden from close gf's that talked to her daily?
Delusions are a powerful accusation because it implies that her reality was not the truth.
2. If he had concerns about her absconding with the kids and she was delusional what possible benefit could come to anyone by agreeing to let her take the kids unsupervised to the lake house? Especially if LE was on scene and concerns could be expressed that this was not a good compromise for the evening of the 29th.

I haven't had something grab a hold on me like this since Laci Peterson and Nicholas Francisco.

The one thing I learned from Nicholas Francisco is that if LE knows that the missing person is alive and somewhere else because they want to be, then LE has to respect the wishes of that person and they will not release any information to anyone....including family. They may drop hints--for lack of a better term--to immediate family so that they understand why more of an investigation isn't taking place, but from my understanding, they will not disclose where the missing person is.

I'm in no way saying that this is what is happening here.

Question: Did anyone find the court docs yet? And, do they state that Mr. Palmgren has a mistress, or is that still just rumor?

Has anyone said that the children are living separate places? I haven't heard that, or maybe I missed it....

Question: Did anyone find the court docs yet? And, do they state that Mr. Palmgren has a mistress, or is that still just rumor?

{Respectfully snipped,}

I THINK the 'mistress' thing is a RUMOR. I don't believe I've seen anything from the media, just commentors on other forums, ie news paper online.

JMHO
fran

Has anyone said that the children are living separate places? I haven't heard that, or maybe I missed it....

Well, I've read that the kids are gone but that's a rumor. But I've believe it was in print that the family (Gail's) are staying with neighbors of hers. So I'm thinking the husband most likely isn't talking to them either. Don't know for sure though.

We know the husband isn't talking to the press.

JMHO
fran

As long as DH is cooperating with PD, we can remain hopeful that there will be a resolution. I would gladly get the docs if I was local-as long as they are public record they can be posted here once properly redacted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Where is Jennifer*