TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
TF: Matt was supposed to meet her there at noon? Is this a fact?

Hmmm...I think *meet* might be a strong word here. Perhaps he planned on being home for the transfer of the children and the dogs...perhaps he was on his way and he called her with his ETA. I am certain that there would be a record...but she beat feet out of there, so there is a reason why she left the children "unsupervised" for a period of, uh, 10 minutes.

I wonder why that warranted a mention in his petition? Perhaps the media got the phrase out of context...you know, the leaving the children un supervised comment.

Do locals have friends, family, acquaintances who can join Gail's family at the WalMart where the phone last pinged? They need help handing out flyers and showing Gail that it is safe to come home if she is able to.

Unfortunately, I'm unavailable to help out this week.. I'm still waiting to hear from the roofer as to when he will be able to repair my roof and the tree cutting company who will hopefully get rid of a very large tree trunk that was totally uprooted in my back yard..

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but -- I just confirmed with Callie Starnes, our local news reporter that has been covering this story more than anyone, that MP's attorney is <Mod Snip>is a PROMINENT criminal attorney in Chattanooga. His reputation as a criminal defense attorney is OUTSTANDING. Bryan has been the attorney for many high-profile criminal cases in Chattanooga. Ms. Starnes:great: also assured me that she is working hard on getting answers. She has already contacted Mr. Hoss and SMPD, and will continue to do so until she gets answers. WORD IS GETTING OUT!!!

Hmmm...I think *meet* might be a strong word here. Perhaps he planned on being home for the transfer of the children and the dogs...perhaps he was on his way and he called her with his ETA. I am certain that there would be a record...but she beat feet out of there, so there is a reason why she left the children "unsupervised" for a period of, uh, 10 minutes.

I wonder why that warranted a mention in his petition? Perhaps the media got the phrase out of context...you know, the leaving the children un supervised comment.
what would cause Gail to leave without her credit cards & driver's license?
that is the question

Embarrassing?

Well, Mr. Palmgren can avoid any further embarrassment if he just talks to the press and tells what he knows. But no, ........he goes to court instead. That'll do it! NOT!

Interesting that he's also {afraid} Gail will come back and steal the kids, when she returned them in the first place. But then if she did take them, it wouldn't really be stealing now would it? I mean they ARE HER KIDS too!

Oh, wait! Rather than searching for his missing wife who he ALLEGES has 'issues,' he runs to court to be sure he gets to keep all his STUFF! That would include the kids, they are part of his STUFF, after all.

Ludicrous!

The company where the husband is employed as well as the husband, can't avoid being embarrassed when there's article like the below linked. They may not think it's bad, but it is. But then again, that's just me.

JMHO
fran

http://www.wkbw.com/home/missing-Woman-Update-121766739.html

BUFFALO, NY ( WKBW ) The family of a Williamsville native continues to search for her in a small town in Tennessee but the woman's husband is headed to court.:mad:

Embarrassed? He should be ashamed of himself.

or

B) Gail was really being followed. If Gail thinks she is being followed by her husband, she would have identified his vehicle or him. So, Gail believes she is being followed by someone who is not her husband. Hypothetically, if this is true, this leaves a few possibilities:

a) someone hired by a significant person in her life

Very plausible that this 'someone' could be a PI if divorce was on track and inevitable.

Very plausible that this 'someone' could be a PI if divorce was on track and inevitable.

Especially if suspected that she might be planning on making allegations against him, he might want to see if there was anything he could find on her? And what if he couldn't? What if he stood to lose primary custody and his house r/t infidelity or violence allegations? And maybe have to pay spousal support or child support on top of it? That would be a tough break. Her going missing of her own volition related to mental problems would enable him to keep his kids, his house, and his money.

what would cause Gail to leave without her credit cards & driver's license?
that is the question

If she: planned on returning shortly, wasn't going far, and was in an emotional state (angry, distressed)...I could see that. She may have also assumed her wallet/purse was still in the car and was distracted enough not to realize it.

Especially if suspected that she might be planning on making allegations against him, he might want to see if there was anything he could find on her? And what if he couldn't? What if he stood to lose primary custody and his house r/t infidelity or violence allegations? And maybe have to pay spousal support or child support on top of it? That would be a tough break. Her going missing of her own volition related to mental problems would enable him to keep his kids, his house, and his money.

When trying to make sense out of everything known at this point, that sure seems to incorporate a lot of it.

My first suggestion is still to search the woods behind the property. 20+ miles with sinkholes where old cars were abandoned back in my day. LE should question those who have specific connection to those woods, in the area, especially those who are known to spend time in those woods to see if they noticed any suspicous activity.

There are two problems with this, however. Much of the woods and properties surrounding them technically fall into the Walden PD jurisdiction, out of Signal Mtn PD limits. Secondly, how many of those who live in adjoining communities/neighborhoods want to talk to the police.

I'm not jumping to the conclusion that she is no longer alive, but if something bad happened to her, I'd be checking that area.

:maddening:Watch for the latest News interviews....especially the neighbor's (Susie Buttons) ... about time someone shot from the hip and spoke the truth ...damn....you go girl !!! Thank you Susie for speaking up for your friend Gail, when at this time , for reasons unknown to us, she cannot speak. I am tired of ev1 trashing Gail's good name and her ability to be a good mother....(she is a great Mom).Thank you Susie Thank you!!!

I will post the transcript (and LINK) as soon as Channel 3 www.WRCBTV.com posts it on their webpage.
Was an interview with Ch 3 WRCB @ the signal Mountain Walmart t the "Gathering for Gail" at 12 noon today/ Channel 9 also did an interview with Diane's close friend Maria Gallivan (she is from Buffalo, NY) and I understand radio is picking up the story too for the first time ...I believe they did a radio (telephone interview) with Diane this morning, prior to the Gathering @ WalMart

If I had as many people trying to pin something like this on me, you better bet I would be getting a criminal defense attorney, the best one I could find. Can't blame him for that.
really? oh heck no...if I was innocent I would have no need for a criminal attorney at this point in time...I would be using my time BEGGING who ever would listen to help me find my SO.

Respectfully I have to say that you are making LOTS of negative assuptions about Matt. We don't KNOW that he isn't showing concern and compassion. Just because he isn't doing it on tv doesn't mean he isn't. Also, we do know that they fussed, but we don't know for sure that it was in front of the kids or to what degree in front of them. Most people try not to do so in front of the kids.

I have also seen here that the kids are now separated from Matt, but could not confirm or deny that, so again who knows. Finally, an open statement on whether he or his attorney contacts the kids...good way to make him seem heartless without saying so.
we know that he is not using media outlets to show his concern for his wife's return....

:maddening:Watch for the latest News interviews....especially the neighbor's (Susie Buttons) ... about time someone shot from the hip and spoke the truth ...damn....you go girl !!! Thank you Susie for speaking up for your friend Gail, when at this time , for reasons unknown to us, she cannot speak. I am tired of ev1 trashing Gail's good name and her ability to be a good mother....(she is a great Mom).Thank you Susie Thank you!!!

I will post the transcript (and LINK) as soon as Channel 3 www.WRCBTV.com posts it on their webpage.
Was an interview with Ch 3 WRCB @ the signal Mountain Walmart t the "Gathering for Gail" at 12 noon today/ Channel 9 also did an interview with Diane's close friend Maria Gallivan (she is from Buffalo, NY) and I understand radio is picking up the story too for the first time ...I believe they did a radio (telephone interview) with Diane this morning, prior to the Gathering @ WalMart

Callie Starnes from www.WRCBTV.com has PROMISED to keep asking questions until she gets answers!! We needed that...

Ugh all of this is just so frustrating and it just brings back memories of two missing women here in Chicagoland.

Honestly, for some reason I keep thinking a tragic accident--car or otherwise, but the way "certain people" are acting it's making me thing otherwise.

I am amazed that Gail's sister is not allowed to talk with the kids. I don't know what the relationship was like between all the family members, but I would think in a time like this differences would be set aside. That does not seem to be happening! What is going on??!!!

I have another question, it may have been answered--I am trying to keep up, but at work it is hard to. This whole change of address. Do we know what she changed her address to? Have to believe LE checked into this--I don't know if that info was public or mentioned on here.

As others have mentioned, you can do a change of address form at the post office or online. Husband says form he received was dated Saturday, April 30th. The Signal Mountain Post Office closes at Noon on Saturday. Husband said she arrived home from Alabama (~4 hour drive) about Noon. It’s not likely she stopped with the kids at the post office on her way home to change her address.

When you do the change of address online, it just asks for name, current and new address, and credit card or debit card information (charges $1). Anyone with access to Gail’s credit or debit card and a computer or mobile device with internet access could have entered the change.

I’d like to know more about this change of address – USPS could identify the method and time of request.

Matt Palmgren said his wife returned with the children and the family’s dogs early April 30 from the family’s lake house, about 20 miles north of Montgomery, Ala. He said he did not know how long she had been there and that she dropped the children off with no one home at about noon.

http://www.tfponline.com/news/2011/may/07/police-searching-missing-signal-woman/

Palmgren said he received a mail change of address form dated April 30 for his wife
http://timesfreepress.com/news/2011/may/12/missing-womans-husband-seeks-custody-children/

respectfully snipped and bolded by me (second sentence--the other bolds were already there).

Since it sounds like it would have been impossible for Gail to stop at the PO on April 30, is it possible she filled out the form in the days before they went to the cabin and the April 30 date was either placed there when the PO processed it, or else that was the stamped date the PO mailed it (assuming it could be mailed and arrive at destination the same day)? Know what I mean? When she filled it out the PO left it in a stack with other forms to deal with later?

I have another question, it may have been answered--I am trying to keep up, but at work it is hard to. This whole change of address. Do we know what she changed her address to? Have to believe LE checked into this--I don't know if that info was public or mentioned on here.

That is unknown, but I keep asking that question also. Since the husband brought that up, there must be an answer that the police can discover.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuzyQuinn