TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If she: planned on returning shortly, wasn't going far, and was in an emotional state (angry, distressed)...I could see that. She may have also assumed her wallet/purse was still in the car and was distracted enough not to realize it.

Maybe she did go to a safe house and was told to not bring any identification
with her for her safety.If she went there are they required to contact police?

TF: Matt was supposed to meet her there at noon? Is this a fact?

Or soon thereafter:

Times-Free Press

Matt Palmgren said his wife returned with the children and the family’s dogs early April 30 from the family’s lake house, about 20 miles north of Montgomery, Ala. He said he did not know how long she had been there and that she dropped the children off with no one home at about noon.

“You can imagine what a difficult time it is for me and the kids right now,” he said.

Chattanoogan Reporting about Chancery Court Filing

He said he proposed to meet Mrs. Palmgren at the residence on April 30, but when he arrived she was gone, having left the two children "by themselves without any supervision."

Mr. Palmgren said the family has not heard from her since.

Are you talking about going down the "w" road? Going down the mtn on the right side of the road, there are a few spots that are covered in kudzu (vines) but not exactly a place to go off the road. On the left side, there are either rock walls or guard rails all down the mtn. I don't think that anything could happen without someone noticing. There are houses along that road as well. It's a very curvy road and one section is literally in the shape of a "w" which is why we call it the "w" road. If something were to happen, it would shut the entire road down. It is a VERY narrow two lane road. The first time I drove down it, I was scared I was going to hit someone or vice versa, but you get used to it and I prefer going down that way rather than the front side.

I haven't finished the posts here so maybe no need to bother (if so sorry)
BBM
not OT but, across from where i used to live (thankfully) I saw a car launch into the air clearing the guide rails and ending up in the ravine. The driver (a young college student) had fallen asleep at the wheel and was completely unhurt and exiited the vehicle as I was finishing my 911 call. If I hadn't seen the car go there I wouldn't have known anything happened.
just saying...

:>) L

Maybe she did go to a safe house and was told to not bring any identification
with her for her safety.If she went there are they required to contact police?

No you are not required to contact anyone. It would be interfering with an investigation for someone who works there to lie to LE though, I believe. I would think LE would tell her family she is missing of her own volition and safe but not tell her where she is, so they can stop spending all their time and money if that is the case.

Everyone, naming DH's atty is a rumor at this point, and one we cant run away with. The minute it hits MSM, lets discuss, but until now we need to keep it in perspective. Please do not sleuth the daylights out of him until we have some MSM back up.

what would cause Gail to leave without her credit cards & driver's license?
that is the question

Yes, Forums, that is the question. There are two possibilities I guess-she intentionally left without them or they were not available to her when it was time for her to leave.

At least that is how I see it, but perhaps others can weigh in with their thoughts...

No you are not required to contact anyone. It would be interfering with an investigation for someone who works there to lie to LE though, I believe. I would think LE would tell her family she is missing of her own volition and safe but not tell her where she is, so they can stop spending all their time and money if that is the case.

I'm not so sure. After Wazineh was found, we all learned that an officer picked her up when she abandoned her vehicle. The officer took her to a women's shelter. The husband was on Nancy Grace, there were ongoing articles about her disappearance, and her FB page was very active with posts from concerned friends and family.

Truth be told, I was VERY surprised at that outcome/revelation. I thought for sure that the officer was required to tell someone something.

I am thinking the neighbor has come forward publically with some valuable information. I hope this is true.

I'm not so sure. After Wazineh was found, we all learned that an officer picked her up when she abandoned her vehicle. The officer took her to a women's shelter. The husband was on Nancy Grace, there were ongoing articles about her disappearance, and her FB page was very active with posts from concerned friends and family.

Truth be told, I was VERY surprised at that outcome/revelation. I thought for sure that the officer was required to tell someone something.

No, they are required to respect the person that's chosen to leave. If it's an adult and they leave to go somewhere and it's of their own free will, LE will not disclose anything.

what would cause Gail to leave without her credit cards & driver's license?
that is the question

Terror/haste...leaving by force...or incapacitated and someone forgot to collect them.

I haven't finished the posts here so maybe no need to bother (if so sorry)
BBM
not OT but, across from where i used to live (thankfully) I saw a car launch into the air clearing the guide rails and ending up in the ravine. The driver (a young college student) had fallen asleep at the wheel and was completely unhurt and exiited the vehicle as I was finishing my 911 call. If I hadn't seen the car go there I wouldn't have known anything happened.
just saying...

:>) L

Anything is possible, but it would be very hard for something like that to happen without leaving some sort of evidence behind. This is a road where you really shouldn't go over 45-50 and the speed limit is 40 I think. I drove that road every single day for years, and I have seen so many wrecks on that road that left tons of evidence that something happened. It is possible, but I don't think it's very likely.

I am thrilled to see the momentum building in the media....kind of feels like the wave at a baseball game.

Are there any storage facilities in the area? Perhaps the jeep was put in a storage unit.

If Gail was driving the jeep but did not acknowledge the neighbor when she left, perhaps there was someone else in the vehicle who was not in view.

Gail Palmgren's whereabouts are a mystery that has only been intensified by her last conversation with her sister Diane, moments before Palmgren was last seen.

"She was nervous. She was anxious. She sounded scared," says Diane Nichols. Palmgren wouldn't say why she was scared but the Nichols made out this much, "She just thought she was being followed."

It was a bizzare conversation and Diane wonders if it's in any way connected to Gail's husband, Matthew Palmgren. "I know they had some marriage problems."

http://www.newschannel9.com/news/palmgren-1001216-nichols-last.html

Everyone, naming DH's atty is a rumor at this point, and one we cant run away with. The minute it hits MSM, lets discuss, but until now we need to keep it in perspective. Please do not sleuth the daylights out of him until we have some MSM back up.

IF Bryan Hoss is his attorney, in reference to myself, I am well aware of who he is and his reputation as a criminal defense lawyer in this city, so I don't have to sleuth him...JMHO

Has anyone said that the children are living separate places? I haven't heard that, or maybe I missed it....

I read that also..Just wondering IF they are attending school since schools are still in session..

I would like to know, too! Although I've been lurking on this board for a few years and don't post much, that doesn't sound too good.

Also, this case seems very strange especially since the local media doesn't seem to be jumping on it. Hope they find her soon.

For those interested, a couple of cases in North Carolina had websleuths postings read out on the stand. Also, there were references to husbands of missing women utilizing google and boards a la websleuths.com to look for information online.

It was surreal to watch it play out because a lot of us were watching and commenting in fairly real time.

Sorry if it seemed mysterious. I just was trying to think ahead.

http://timesfreepress.com/news/2011/may/12/missing-womans-husband-seeks-custody-children/

As to safe houses: many of them advise that you contact NO ONE to tell them where you are, lest it be found out by the person you feel is a danger to you. They also might have places to store cars. However, I would think she would have taken her driver's license if she was of sound mind, and you generally do not forward your mail to a safe house I don't think..

domestic violence shelters allow law enforcement to know who is with them. no one else is told and no address is given. she would have been found in 24 hrs or less if she was at a dv shelter.

i also need to speak to the complaint filed in the divorce/custody paperwork, my ex filed things that the judge laughed at. but its a "game" of throw as much on the wall as possible. {he put in such things as haircuts, witchcraft, lesbianism and my favorite "gay" food.}

I would like to know why Gail brought the kids back. There was no need. There was no custody issue at hand-they are her children as well. She was encouraged to find a safe place to stay. Why bring them back at all?

This is what I keep getting stuck on. Just when I start to think she left on her own, I come back to this. To me, this is a big alarm that something has happened to her. Did anyone SEE her return from the lake house? I know the neighbor says she saw her leave but is the neighbor certain it was Gail? I'm thinking something either happened at the lake house or during a meeting she had with her husband after dropping the kids off at the house. I just don't get a good feeling about this case. I know everything posted under the link to the article should only be considered rumor but keep in mind that these are locals who know the couple... what would they get out of going online and lying? I tend to believe what it being said because I don't see why someone would lie.

No matter what the outcome, I hope Gail's family gets answers soon so they may find peace.

This is what I keep getting stuck on. Just when I start to think she left on her own, I come back to this. To me, this is a big alarm that something has happened to her. Did anyone SEE her return from the lake house? I know the neighbor says she saw her leave but is the neighbor certain it was Gail? I'm thinking something either happened at the lake house or during a meeting she had with her husband after dropping the kids off at the house. I just don't get a good feeling about this case. I know everything posted under the link to the article should only be considered rumor but keep in mind that these are locals who know the couple... what would they get out of going online and lying? I tend to believe what it being said because I don't see why someone would lie.

No matter what the outcome, I hope Gail's family gets answers soon so they may find peace.

Her sister did talk to her before she allegedly left her house, so at least at that point she was alive, although scared.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
couchsluether