TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren,44, Signal Mountain, 30 April, 2011 - #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the PI had uncovered proof before TH and MP got caught skipping out on that conference. I say that because AD says some of the paperwork she has is a copy of the info the PI got about the affair. Those copies were given to her by Gail along with the other paperwork. FWIW, CB has stated that Gail's sister has met with Gail's PI, too.

I'm going to assume LE knew that there was an affair before MP got fired. Or at least knew there was a rumored affair. Gail's neighbor SB mentioned that MP was sleeping with a co-worker in one of the early news articles, well before MP and TH were fired. We also had someone post here once who said they worked at BCBS and the affair was basically an open secret. Let me see if I can find that link, I'll post it when I find it. ETA: I can't find it, I didn't make a note of it at the time. If I come across it later, I'll post. Otherwise, you'll just have to take it with a grain of salt, because my memory of course could be faulty.

The media is reporting that Gail's family has asked for CUE to help in the search for Gail. Of course, this brief article ends with the standard "no signs of foul play" bit:

http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/15469441/missing-person-group-involved-with-palmgren-disappearance

I wish I knew what LE means when they say no signs of foul play. Isn't the fact that a woman has disappeared without a trace, without contacting anyone, without money or important documents or belongings, a sign of foul play in and of itself?

Can someone tell me if LE is like this everywhere? Do all U.S. law enforcement agencies assume someone has disappeared without a trace because they wanted to? Honest question.

The media is reporting that Gail's family has asked for CUE to help in the search for Gail. Of course, this brief article ends with the standard "no signs of foul play" bit:

http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/15469441/missing-person-group-involved-with-palmgren-disappearance

I wish I knew what LE means when they say no signs of foul play. Isn't the fact that a woman has disappeared without a trace, without contacting anyone, without money or important documents or belongings, a sign of foul play in and of itself?

Can someone tell me if LE is like this everywhere? Do all U.S. law enforcement agencies assume someone has disappeared without a trace because they wanted to? Honest question.

JMO, but since there were so many calls within the few weeks before she disappeared for LE to respond to...seems like a good enough reason to suspect foul play....along with no contact, no financial trails, etc....and I'm sure we haven't heard everything! IE: LE's take on the 30th.

:banghead: I don't know WHY they continue to say "no signs of foul play"..
Granted there may be no physical evidence of foul play found at the residence but considering everything that transpired right before she disappeared they have to suspect something may have happened to her... Frankly, I'm ticked more isn't being done in an attempt to locate her...LE needs to apply some real pressure to him...JMHO..

I apologize if this was discussed in detail before, but was there knowledge of MP cheating prior to him getting caught by the Blue Cross incident? I know that GP suspected he was cheating, but did she know for sure and did she know with whom he had the affair? Also, did the authorities know if he was having an affair, before the Blue Cross incident?
TIA
BBM
YES - YES & YES :twocents:

:banghead: I don't know WHY they continue to say "no signs of foul play"..
Granted there may be no physical evidence of foul play found at the residence but considering everything that transpired right before she disappeared they have to suspect something may have happened to her... Frankly, I'm ticked more isn't being done in an attempt to locate her...LE needs to apply some real pressure to him...JMHO..

:twocents:It AMAZES ME that the Alabama property on EASY STREET where Gail, the 2 children and the 2 dogs spent the MAJORITY of the HOURS AWAY, during the 24 HOUR period between Friday afternoon... when Gail left in the 2010 JEEP RUBICON to drive to Alabama (Wetumpka) until the next day when Gail and the crew returned to 40 Ridge Rock in Signal Mountain TN at approximately 12:15pm Saturday afternoon. This is the PROPERTY I would have wanted SEARCHED IMMEDIATELY....but ...."NO" ....and it still has not been searched...

:waitasec:THE SUMMER HAS COME AND GONE....VISITING GUESTS have stayed there throughout the summer months...so much for evidence collections... and contamination (if indeed there was a "crime scene" or ANY EVIDENCE of where Gail might have gone or what her thoughts might have been as she stayed the night there ONE LAST TIME before her disappearance the following day) ... Just what certain people would have wanted I am sure of that !!! ... :banghead:

:waitasec:LE continues to delay the search of the 2 Alabama properties. Apparently, they feel no sense of urgency to act of the last 2 properties listed in Matt's "Consent to Search agreement" negotiated with LE by Matt Palmgren's attorney's (almost 3 months after Gail went missing):maddening:. Matt, early on tried hard to convince LE and anyone who would listen that Gail just "took off" never to be seen again ~ by her own choice! ~ YOU ALL BELIEVE THAT ??? I DON'T !!! not for one second ... :banghead::sick:

This ENTIRE CASE sickens me every moment I think about it...:sick:

respectfully snipped

:waitasec:LE continues to delay the search of the 2 Alabama properties. Apparently, they feel no sense of urgency to act of the last 2 properties listed in Matt's "Consent to Search agreement" negotiated with LE by Matt Palmgren's attorney's (almost 3 months after Gail went missing):maddening:. Matt, early on tried hard to convince LE and anyone who would listen that Gail just "took off" never to be seen again ~ by her own choice! ~ YOU ALL BELIEVE THAT ??? I DON'T !!! not for one second ... :banghead::sick:

There's not much point in them even bothering to search the Alabama properties now. They should have been searched in early May.

To bounce off your post, Sleuthy, I want to contrast Gail's case with another case I'm following, one about a missing couple. Even though there have only been a handful of news articles, there is more overall solid information than with Gail's case. DNA samples, sketches, LE searches. The police went looking for the couple immediately, never suspected they had just run off. The media cared enough to go to court to get the search warrants released.

Contrast with the media reporting on Gail. I think Callie Starnes has done a great job, but most of the media doesn't care. Some seem determined to shrug it off. Jammer Scott had an obvious agenda, for example. I recall a news article in June (Times Free Press I think?) which flatly stated that Gail probably just ran off. Another article said the search was "losing steam" in a very negative way.

Lawyers are publicly describing Gail in terms that involve profanity. You know, I don't see the media saying someone once called MP "flat f-- up," but they're sure happy to say someone called Gail "flat f-- up."

Lawyers took evidence before LE could analyze it. LE didn't care. They've been harder on AD than they have been on MP. Janice Atkinson was happy to tell WRCBtv that investigators tried to call AD multiple times to request evidence be given to them. I don't see Atkinson talking to the media about those computers MP's lawyers sent off to who-knows-where. When asked, she said she didn't know anything about it and couldn't comment because it's an ongoing investigation. Yet she could comment on AD? It was an ongoing investigation then, so why the difference?

MP's lawyers got some fill-in temporary DJ to repeat personal info about Gail's family (i.e. gossip). That's a lot of effort to go to in order to plant the idea Gail committed suicide. Why does MP need to hire two criminal lawyers to get a DJ to tell everyone about Gail's brother?

The police never have any info to release. They didn't do timely searches; heck, they barely did ANY searches. LE searched a river bend area and I think that's it. Didn't interview MP, the kids, TH, MP's mom, search the homes, the other vehicles, I don't think they even searched the roads where Gail usually traveled or the areas the phone might have been in when it pinged on May 2.

When you start looking at the strange fake rumors and inconsistencies mentioned by MP's friends, relatives, and defenders, it gets even weirder. You'd think that Gail was a blonde version of the Evil Queen, while MP invented oxygen, unicorns, and fluffy fluffy bunnies the way they talk.

You can sense how frustrated I am with this, and I don't mind saying that I personally feel there are some VERY suspicious shenanigans going on with this case. Shenanigans on multiple levels.

respectfully snipped

There's not much point in them even bothering to search the Alabama properties now. They should have been searched in early May.

To bounce off your post, Sleuthy, I want to contrast Gail's case with another case I'm following, one about a missing couple. Even though there have only been a handful of news articles, there is more overall solid information than with Gail's case. DNA samples, sketches, LE searches. The police went looking for the couple immediately, never suspected they had just run off. The media cared enough to go to court to get the search warrants released.

Contrast with the media reporting on Gail. I think Callie Starnes has done a great job, but most of the media doesn't care. Some seem determined to shrug it off. Jammer Scott had an obvious agenda, for example. I recall a news article in June (Times Free Press I think?) which flatly stated that Gail probably just ran off. Another article said the search was "losing steam" in a very negative way.

Lawyers are publicly describing Gail in terms that involve profanity. You know, I don't see the media saying someone once called MP "flat f-- up," but they're sure happy to say someone called Gail "flat f-- up."

Lawyers took evidence before LE could analyze it. LE didn't care. They've been harder on AD than they have been on MP. Janice Atkinson was happy to tell WRCBtv that investigators tried to call AD multiple times to request evidence be given to them. I don't see Atkinson talking to the media about those computers MP's lawyers sent off to who-knows-where. When asked, she said she didn't know anything about it and couldn't comment because it's an ongoing investigation. Yet she could comment on AD? It was an ongoing investigation then, so why the difference?

MP's lawyers got some fill-in temporary DJ to repeat personal info about Gail's family (i.e. gossip). That's a lot of effort to go to in order to plant the idea Gail committed suicide. Why does MP need to hire two criminal lawyers to get a DJ to tell everyone about Gail's brother?

The police never have any info to release. They didn't do timely searches; heck, they barely did ANY searches. LE searched a river bend area and I think that's it. Didn't interview MP, the kids, TH, MP's mom, search the homes, the other vehicles, I don't think they even searched the roads where Gail usually traveled or the areas the phone might have been in when it pinged on May 2.

When you start looking at the strange fake rumors and inconsistencies mentioned by MP's friends, relatives, and defenders, it gets even weirder. You'd think that Gail was a blonde version of the Evil Queen, while MP invented oxygen, unicorns, and fluffy fluffy bunnies the way they talk.

You can sense how frustrated I am with this, and I don't mind saying that I personally feel there are some VERY suspicious shenanigans going on with this case. Shenanigans on multiple levels.

Thank you...:goodpost:

respectfully snipped

I'm with Em...Great Post! And, my feelings exactly regarding Gail's case.

Prayers for Gail and her children... Please Gail, shine your light and lead us to you....

Wonder why LE is so nonchalant re foul play...makes one wonder don't it...good ole boys?? Very perplexing.

I also wonder why they're so seemingly unconcerned. Let's say they assume she just ran off. Wouldn't they think she ran off because of mental health issues or out of fear? Wouldn't that alone justify LE looking for her ASAP? If Gail ran off, she needs help; I can't think of a single scenario where she wouldn't need help if she ran off.

If they think she killed herself, out of some basic human decency you'd think they'd look for her simply to give her children and family some closure. And you'd think MP would want them to look for her so he could go on with his life.

Law enforcement and the judicial system are the only people who have the actual power to help those kids right now. There's only so much people like us can do, and every day I hope that today is the day someone in power stands up and DOES something.

I also wonder why they're so seemingly unconcerned. Let's say they assume she just ran off. Wouldn't they think she ran off because of mental health issues or out of fear? Wouldn't that alone justify LE looking for her ASAP? If Gail ran off, she needs help; I can't think of a single scenario where she wouldn't need help if she ran off.

If they think she killed herself, out of some basic human decency you'd think they'd look for her simply to give her children and family some closure. And you'd think MP would want them to look for her so he could go on with his life.

Law enforcement and the judicial system are the only people who have the actual power to help those kids right now. There's only so much people like us can do, and every day I hope that today is the day someone in power stands up and DOES something.

I personally perceive their action or shall I say non action to be disgraceful and suspect, to say the least...JMHO

ETA.. IMHO MP has already proven he plans to go on with his life and could care less about the fact Gail is gone....IMHO.. Him claiming he hired MM to help find Gail is nothing but a ruse...

As I see it MM has done nothing but help MP cover his rear.... And seems LE has basically given MM free reign to accomplish the goal........ JMHO

It's so frustrating not to have any news about Gail. That said I'm so encouraged by the fact that y'all are still here hanging in, keeping attention on her case.

I wonder if there is a record of Gail's or DN's conversations with police on 4/30. What are Tennessee's laws regarding FOIA?

I personally perceive their action or shall I say non action to be disgraceful and suspect, to say the least...JMHO

ETA.. IMHO MP has already proven he plans to go on with his life and could care less about the fact Gail is gone....IMHO.. Him claiming he hired MM to help find Gail is nothing but a ruse...

As I see it MM has done nothing but help MP cover his rear.... And seems LE has basically given MM free reign to accomplish the goal........ JMHO

Speaking of MM, I recently discovered this posted online by CB back in July. I'm quoting this but changing the names to initials to be on the safe side:

[MP] did not hire a PI. [Attorney LD] did. I had that directly from the PI. [MM] is paid by [MP], but was hired and works for [LD] and did not enter the case until after the attorneys were hired.

CB goes on to speculate that MM was hired for damage control rather than to find Gail, and I know some of us speculated the same thing here on WS. Personally, I wouldn't be surprised at all if an attorney told MP that it would look better to hire a PI. This particular PI has spent time delivering letters and taking computers (and possibly other stuff) out of houses before LE got there, so... well, let's just say I don't think he's looking too hard for Gail, IMVHO.

Has LE spoke to the children yet? They I would think are of an age where they would be able to shed additional light on events

Have watched this case from the beginning. I remain amazed at the lack of real searches, and investigation for her since she went missing. Understood early that the "mountain" is populated with well to do families. So??? Have felt since her disappearance had much to do with no toe stepping else LE would be sued. Or, do they just turn a blind eye unless someone commits a crime against those residents. Thanks to certain reporters interest was on the rise, now that has ended. As old cases do. So, what's left? Clearly there is a perp, she did not leave her children of her own accord (what they ALL say), and barely an investigation. Or to have taken evidence from the most obvious places initially. Don't get "it" at all.

In addition LE cannot find a bright RED Jeep? Makes you know all the know they are not searching that hard, or ever were.

Have watched this case from the beginning. I remain amazed at the lack of real searches, and investigation for her since she went missing. Understood early that the "mountain" is populated with well to do families. So??? Have felt since her disappearance had much to do with no toe stepping else LE would be sued. Or, do they just turn a blind eye unless someone commits a crime against those residents. Thanks to certain reporters interest was on the rise, now that has ended. As old cases do. So, what's left? Clearly there is a perp, she did not leave her children of her own accord (what they ALL say), and barely an investigation. Or to have taken evidence from the most obvious places initially. Don't get "it" at all.

In addition LE cannot find a bright RED Jeep? Makes you know all the know they are not searching that hard, or ever were.

BBM... Not saying many who live on Signal Mtn or not well off but when you get down to the heart of the matter, many of those living on Signal Mtn are not what I would refer to as being the most prestigious or influential families in the Chatanooga area...Granted, there are many lawyers and Dr.s who have chosen to live on Signal, but for the most part the families who have the big money and who are the most influential families in our area are living on Lookout Mtn and in Riverview... JMHO..
IMHO.. I really don't view MP as having a lot of pull or any real influence in our community.. BCBS tossed him as fast as they would have tossed a "hot potato"
Not saying he doesn't have some shady connections though.. What troubles me is do some in LE with power also have the same shady connections? JMHO...

For certain....IMHO... SMPD dropped the ball, and that doesn't surprise me.. Question for me is.. Was it on purpose or just plain ole negligence on their part? JMHO

ETA..Gail asked SMPD to meet her at the residence when she arrived home... Did they not meet with her because it was an inconvenience to them? Were they planning to go to lunch at that time? Not kidding either...JMHO

All I know is that I am disgusted that this woman has been forgotten the way she has by her children's FATHER. Even if he did not love her anymore....could he not for the sake of his children look for their Mother??? I cannot say anymore about what I think of this man. Going to hide now. ARGH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Child in Time