TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren,44, Signal Mountain, 30 April, 2011 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I could be wrong, but IIRC it was reported as the phone "last" pinged there on the 2nd. I don't think we have heard anything about pings or no pings in between.
(respectfully snipped for pertinence.)

Since Gail's reported disappearance, LE has publicly maintained that there is no probable cause to believe foul play is involved in her disappearance; therefore, it follows that LE would not have had pc to obtain a warrant to examine Gail's cell phone records including pings coming from the phone; unless LE's statements of no pc is a ruse because LE did, afterall, obtain the last ping info.

Lots of questions with no definitive answers...why so quiet?? Why does it appear LE is doing next to nothing, at least outwardly?? And then there is MP...why so mum???

Maybe her phone wasn't completely charged up when she went missing. For example: On April 30th, she could have only had 30%, 40% or less charge on her phone before something happened to her. Also, if her WIFI was on in the settings, it tends to drain the battery quicker, because it is actively looking for
a signal. I'm not an expert on this, but I have an iPhone and this has been my experience.

Good point...thanks.

I've been searching through these cell tower databases for possible routes of travel. (And banging my head against the wall in the process!)

Starting from the SM residence- I *think* that Gail's phone would have pinged off of either Chattanooga MSA's tower, or one of the two Verizon towers on SM. If she then headed SW, the Jasper Verizon tower should have picked it up. If SE, then the Chattanooga MSA in Tiftonia. Either way, I *think* the Whiteside Verizon tower would triangulate.

That's a lot of territory.

Does anyone know if Gail had a privacy setting on her phone that would block her outgoing number when making calls?

I've been searching through these cell tower databases for possible routes of travel. (And banging my head against the wall in the process!)

Starting from the SM residence- I *think* that Gail's phone would have pinged off of either Chattanooga MSA's tower, or one of the two Verizon towers on SM. If she then headed SW, the Jasper Verizon tower should have picked it up. If SE, then the Chattanooga MSA in Tiftonia. Either way, I *think* the Whiteside Verizon tower would triangulate.

That's a lot of territory.

Does anyone know if Gail had a privacy setting on her phone that would block her outgoing number when making calls?

Routes of travel to where? Is this search within a certain radius of the residence? I'm not quite understanding...

http://mapq.st/pPLJHz

BBM

I follow the Maura Murray threads on WS, and in the last day or so of my reading there, it appears that MM had a side to her life that up to now no one seemed to know about--at least that's what I concluded.

Having said that, perhaps MP or TH knows someone (old friend from school, "black sheep" family member, friend of a friend, etc.) who "is connected."Pure speculation on my part, but I'd be interested to know if anyone else has considered this possibility.....

BBM.. In reference to myself I have most definitely entertained the thought...JMHO

Routes of travel to where? Is this search within a certain radius of the residence? I'm not quite understanding...

http://mapq.st/pPLJHz

Sorry Em, I always seem to confuse people with my thoughts about direction of travel. I was referring to the direction of travel of the Jeep and Gail's cell phone.

Going from PLS (the SM residence) and overlaying towers that I think Gail's phone pinged off of, with topo maps.
I wonder if Gail took the Suck Creek route- but then doubled back. Which might explain the 5/2 ping. :waitasec:

Sorry Em, I always seem to confuse people with my thoughts about direction of travel. I was referring to the direction of travel of the Jeep and Gail's cell phone.

Going from PLS (the SM residence) and overlaying towers that I think Gail's phone pinged off of, with topo maps.
I wonder if Gail took the Suck Creek route- but then doubled back. Which might explain the 5/2 ping. :waitasec:

Seems I'm not understanding... The Suck Creek Road route to where?

IF Gail was indeed seen in Prentice Cooper on Big Fork Road ( that section being in Sequatchie County )that area is north of Suck Creek Road..
That area can be accessed from what I would refer to as being the north base of the mtn as you are traveling down the mtn toward Sequatchie Valley...
Sequatchie Valley headed toward Dunlap is located north of Marion County where Jasper, South Pittsburgh is located.....

Prentice Cooper and Big Fork Road can also be accessed from the Suck Creek Road area too.. The portion of Suck Creek Road that runs by the river is south and somewhat west of Signal, however Suck Creek Road also continues to run west and north of the area of Suck Creek Road located at the foot of Signal.. Mtn........

I realize you are talking about towers and pings but since I don't have a clue as to where the towers are located, I'm just trying to give you general feel as to where the roads are and how the roads are laid out..

Seems I'm not understanding... The Suck Creek Road route to where?

IF Gail was indeed seen in Prentice Cooper on Big Fork Road ( that section being in Sequatchie County )that area is north of Suck Creek Road..
That area can be accessed from what I would refer to as being the north base of the mtn as you are traveling down the mtn toward Sequatchie Valley...
Sequatchie Valley headed toward Dunlap is located north of Marion County where Jasper, South Pittsburgh is located.....

Prentice Cooper and Big Fork Road can also be accessed from the Suck Creek Road area too.. The portion of Suck Creek Road that runs by the river is south and somewhat west of Signal, however Suck Creek Road also continues to run west and north of the area of Suck Creek Road located at the foot of Signal.. Mtn........

I realize you are talking about towers and pings but since I don't have a clue as to where the towers are located, I'm just trying to give you general feel as to where the roads are and how the roads are laid out..

I understand, Em.
The towers are at the locations I listed above. I can give coords if you want. But I think your map of a route is a lot easier for people to understand.
Anyway- I will try to be more clear here regarding the pings from Gail's phone. I think it traveled down from Signal SE, then took Suck Creek heading WW.. and then re-pinged E again on the 2nd. Does that make sense?
Sorry to confuse. I've been on call for about two weeks and am really tired, lol.

BBM

I follow the Maura Murray threads on WS, and in the last day or so of my reading there, it appears that MM had a side to her life that up to now no one seemed to know about--at least that's what I concluded.

Having said that, perhaps MP or TH knows someone (old friend from school, "black sheep" family member, friend of a friend, etc.) who "is connected."

Pure speculation on my part, but I'd be interested to know if anyone else has considered this possibility.....

Me too! Someone with big money problems, which are alot of people these days, could have been talked into getting rid of the vehicle for $$$, but weren't aware that it was part of a plan to get rid of Gail too. After finding out that she is missing, they could be afraid to talk to LE, because they are involved (Jeep).

I'm just thinking off the top of my head on this. The whole scenario may be outlandish.

Me too! Someone with big money problems, which are alot of people these days, could have been talked into getting rid of the vehicle for $$$, but weren't aware that it was part of a plan to get rid of Gail too. After finding out that she is missing, they could be afraid to talk to LE, because they are involved (Jeep).

I'm just thinking off the top of my head on this. The whole scenario may be outlandish.

I'm more inclined to believe whoever is responsible for getting rid of the jeep is/was fully aware of the plan to disappear Gail..JMHO...

ETA.. I was totally shocked to learn a person can actually hire someone to kill another person for $1,000..

Since MP was monitoring all Gail's communications and the reason she borrowed AD's laptop, what are the chances she did get a disposable phone...or another one all together..especially if she was changing her mailing address? Actually, why wouldn't she have done this? Her phone had more tracking capabilities than a laptop...right?

I pray LE is dedicated to finding Gail and doing everything within their power to solve this case...JMHO..

ETA..And bring the person/s responsible for her disappearance to justice...JMHO

I mentioned this way back up-thread but I wanted to say it again because it's eating at me and there wasn't a response. I know we have some connected folks here.

I'm thinking MP could be a planner for sure but his temper and reported previous events also lead me to believe he could also have just acted out in anger, especially if he encountered her on her way down the mountain. Maybe he had big plans for her and stumbled upon her trying to get away (and knew she had her info on him for the divorce as well).

Since we've heard the roads are crazy and she could have gone off in any number of places and he did have two full days...does anyone know his VIN (or know how to get it?) to run a Carfax and see if he had any repairs done? What if he just did a swerve and gouge and figured it was an "accident" if she made it out alive? He'd already painted her as paranoid anyway and he did have plenty of time to get repairs made.

Just sayin' and of course MOO.

I mentioned this way back up-thread but I wanted to say it again because it's eating at me and there wasn't a response. I know we have some connected folks here.

I'm thinking MP could be a planner for sure but his temper and reported previous events also lead me to believe he could also have just acted out in anger, especially if he encountered her on her way down the mountain. Maybe he had big plans for her and stumbled upon her trying to get away (and knew she had her info on him for the divorce as well).

Since we've heard the roads are crazy and she could have gone off in any number of places and he did have two full days...does anyone know his VIN (or know how to get it?) to run a Carfax and see if he had any repairs done? What if he just did a swerve and gouge and figured it was an "accident" if she made it out alive? He'd already painted her as paranoid anyway and he did have plenty of time to get repairs made.

BBM

Oriah, are you out there? This sounds as though it may be right up your alley if you haven't run the VIN already! I know you've been really good about asking for information most of the rest of us haven't even thought about.....

That's an interesting idea that I hadn't thought of or heard from anyone else.

I'm more inclined to believe whoever is responsible for getting rid of the jeep is/was fully aware of the plan to disappear Gail..JMHO...

ETA.. I was totally shocked to learn a person can actually hire someone to kill another person for $1,000..

So...imagine what $1000s get ya...(being a little sarcastic here). :maddening:

JWP - this has always been a theory that made perfect sense to me. I think all someone would have to do is swerve toward another vehicle or side-swipe it to cause it to go off an embankment, etc., in some instances.

I had a friend who seemed so friendly to everyone who didn't know him well, but, boy oh boy, did he have an outrageous temper including on the road (when I was with him, as well) when he was upset about something. This is why, I know that it is possible for that theory of yours and mine to be played out in real life....(nope, my friend did not run someone off the road, at least, not while I was with him but he did side swipe more than one vehicle at 50 plus miles per hour when he was having a fit of road rage.)

This is only one of the theories that I've found to be credible, however...

(respectfully snipped)

Em - I know you hold to this theory, and it was my initial gut reaction after learning the details about how MP treated Gail, about the DV calls, about the girlfriend, about the bleeding of funds from Gail's retirement account, about the controlling behavior, etc etc etc.

But I'm still open to various other plausible theories, too....if only one theory could be pin-pointed. :woohoo:

It would be interesting to run a poll, listing various theories of what happened to Gail to see if there is a theory that is prevalent...what do y'all think?

Just curious.. Do you recall the time of the sighting?

Sorry, it took me a while to find it because Facebook has the worst interface ever invented. I did finally find CB's comment on June 10th: "Upon reliable sources, Gail was spotted at Ace Hardware around 3 PM that Saturday and then on the Trails between 4:30 and 6:30 PM." He said it was unconfirmed. That's the only source I know of for the possible sighting at Ace, and he later said he didn't think Ace had security cameras.

The discussion re: the Ace sighting reminded me of something. Keys.
I think we should look into whether or not Gail's key(s) had RFID immobilizer(s) in them. Because if they did, we have a whole new connection to the missing Jeep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viclime23