TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren,44, Signal Mountain, 30 April, 2011 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
something that has stuck in my head from the beginning. SB is quoted as saying she "ran up the hill" to talk to Gail. what hill? the part of ridgerock that SB and GP's homes are on is fairly flat, a little ways up it starts to incline out of the hole the neighborhood is in but that would mean SB was chasing the car, kwim? that wasn't the impression i got. and the palmgren driveway is flat at well fwiw. i double checked where the buttons live relative to the palmgrens and it isn't possible even w/ a very slight slant on the street for susie to go from her house to GP's "up hill"...so i'm :waitasec: about this and have for a while. i'm not sure of my point other than that maybe the assumption that SB saw GP from her house wasn't correct or her view wasn't what we've been assuming. (if she was chasing the jeep her los wouldn't have been in the front or side windows)

and another thing, people keep referring to the palmgren home as "set back" maybe i've just

become accustomed to 1/2 acre+ lots being the norm since
moving here but i personally wouldn't consider their home to be "set back" sure it's not right on the street like in say california, but there is a very clear los to the house from the street, there are no trees even blocking the view (which for SM isn't all that common) however the garage is side entry so only the two homes on the end of the street (or those coming from them/walking
down there) would have a view actually INTO the garages. so the theory that it would be "easy" to hide and jump into the jeep only works if the person hiding was either in the house or garage or if there was a personnel door to the garage on the BACK of the house (facing the woods). jmo.

Wouldn't GP just leave her vehicle in the driveway--not in the garage? Someone could have been in the backyard hiding and waiting to hear her vehicle drive up, then make their move. I'm not saying this happened, but it doesn't seem impossible to me. After looking at the house with Google street view, I can see that there is no neighboring house on the garage side of the Palmgren house, so if GP parked in front of the garage, someone could slip in the driver side of the car from the back of the house. Also in Google street view, I noticed that the street is on a slight hill. Their house is on the top of that hill where it flattens out. JMO

While I was looking for a possible replacement for my antiquated mobile phone, I noticed that the "3G and 4G smart phones" have over two weeks of stand-by time on the batteries....I recall in an earlier thread a poster said that Gail had a Blackberry which would more than likely fit the category of smart phone.

Then why did the last ping on Gail's phone happen on 5/2?? If she was in an accident, the last ping should have been two weeks or so out. If something happened to Gail on 4/30, the last day she was confirmed seen, her phone/battery weren't submerged or otherwise trashed due to an accident or the last ping would have been on 4/30, IMO. So, why did the phone ping two days later on 5/2 rather than around two weeks later due to stand-by time having elapsed? It seems something specific may have happend to the phone on 5/2, imhoo.

http://www.gsmarena.com/glossary.php3?term=stand-by-time

"Stand-by time is the officially quoted longest time that a single battery charge will last when the phone is constantly connected to the GSM network but is not in active use."

ETA: Then again, upon thinking about this further, maybe her phone was not nearby a GSM network area which could, as the web page I linked to above states, negatively affect the battery life. Hmmmm

Praying for some development in this case..Someone knows something and they need to come forward and tell LE what they know... Gail needs to be found.... Gail's children, Gail's brother, her sister and friends desperately need and deserve some answers as to what has happened to her....JMHO

While I was looking for a possible replacement for my antiquated mobile phone, I noticed that the "3G and 4G smart phones" have over two weeks of stand-by time on the batteries....I recall in an earlier thread a poster said that Gail had a Blackberry which would more than likely fit the category of smart phone.

Then why did the last ping on Gail's phone happen on 5/2?? If she was in an accident, the last ping should have been two weeks or so out. If something happened to Gail on 4/30, the last day she was confirmed seen, her phone/battery weren't submerged or otherwise trashed due to an accident or the last ping would have been on 4/30, IMO. So, why did the phone ping two days later on 5/2 rather than around two weeks later due to stand-by time having elapsed? It seems something specific may have happend to the phone on 5/2, imhoo.

http://www.gsmarena.com/glossary.php3?term=stand-by-time

"Stand-by time is the officially quoted longest time that a single battery charge will last when the phone is constantly connected to the GSM network but is not in active use."

ETA: Then again, upon thinking about this further, maybe her phone was not nearby a GSM network area which could, as the web page I linked to above states, negatively affect the battery life. Hmmmm

Maybe her phone wasn't completely charged up when she went missing. For example: On April 30th, she could have only had 30%, 40% or less charge on her phone before something happened to her. Also, if her WIFI was on in the settings, it tends to drain the battery quicker, because it is actively looking for
a signal. I'm not an expert on this, but I have an iPhone and this has been my experience.

Hi, I have been lurking at WS for along time, but had to post in regards to this case, as something about this case is really bothering me. Does anybody know if there were any pings from her phone BETWEEN 4/30 and the last ping on 5/2? It seems to me if MP was the last person she is known to have spoken with, that would be on 4/30, right? Then the mysterious ping on 5/2 - so is it possible that someone had her phone, and for some reason it was turned back on on 5/2 briefly? Otherwise it would have pinged continuously since 4/30, right?

This question has probably been answered many times (I apologize), but where was GP's last ping located and did police do a search in that area? TIA

This question has probably been answered many times (I apologize), but where was GP's last ping located and did police do a search in that area? TIA

I believe they have said her last phone ping was 5/2 by the Walmart at the base of Signal Mountain, and I have read that they did do a search in that basic area, but not sure.

Hi, I have been lurking at WS for along time, but had to post in regards to this case, as something about this case is really bothering me. Does anybody know if there were any pings from her phone BETWEEN 4/30 and the last ping on 5/2? It seems to me if MP was the last person she is known to have spoken with, that would be on 4/30, right? Then the mysterious ping on 5/2 - so is it possible that someone had her phone, and for some reason it was turned back on on 5/2 briefly? Otherwise it would have pinged continuously since 4/30, right?

Excellent question! I don't know the answer for sure (I'm new to this board), but if people were trying to get a hold of her by phone between 4/30 and 5/2, their calls should have pinged off a tower. The only exceptions I can think of in this case, would be if her phone was out of range of any towers or someone turned it off on April 30 and then turned it on May 2. Maybe someone on this thread knows if phone calls were attempted by GP's family and friends between the 30th and 5/2.

Excellent question! I don't know the answer for sure (I'm new to this board), but if people were trying to get a hold of her by phone between 4/30 and 5/2, their calls should have pinged off a tower. The only exceptions I can think of in this case, would be if her phone was out of range of any towers or someone turned it off on April 30 and then turned it on May 2. Maybe someone on this thread knows if phone calls were attempted by GP's family and friends between the 30th and 5/2.

That's exactly what I think - they should have pings for the days from 4/30 until 5/2 UNLESS the phone was turned off..... hhhhmmmm..... something is definitely not adding up.

I believe they have said her last phone ping was 5/2 by the Walmart at the base of Signal Mountain, and I have read that they did do a search in that basic area, but not sure.

Wow! That is a stretch of time from April 30th to be still in the area. Cell towers usually have a range. How would anyone know if the call pinged from a Walmart? Seems very percise. Ping ranges are usually not that percise.

My understanding is near the Walmart on Signal Mtn Blvd, but I could be wrong. Either that or Mtn Creek Road, but that is in close relation to the Walmart too...
Also there are other businesses located close to Walmart and at the foot of the mtn at the Signal Mtn Rd- Mtn Creek intersection... A Bi-Lo, UPS Store.. There is also a BP and a Conoco in that general location.,
IIRC.. a section of the river on Suck Creel Road was searched but I don't know how close to the Signal Mtn Blvd that particular search took place...JMHO

ETA.. Does anyone know how many towers are located in the area at the foot of the mtn where Mtn Creek Road, Suck Creek Road are located...

That's exactly what I think - they should have pings for the days from 4/30 until 5/2 UNLESS the phone was turned off..... hhhhmmmm..... something is definitely not adding up.

Your question was excellent. It's possible someone turned it on to examine the phone's records, emails, etc., while in the Walmart area, and during that time a call came in. Who knows? Maybe, someone was trying to erase these records or glean some info from them.

:great:

Your question was excellent. It's possible someone turned it on to examine the phone's records, emails, etc., while in the Walmart area, and during that time a call came in. Who knows? Maybe, someone was trying to erase these records or glean someinfo from them.

True - or maybe someone just turned the phone on and threw it out to mislead the investigation.... unfortunately I am leaning in that direction.

My understanding is near the Walmart on Signal Mtn Blvd, but I could be wrong. Either that or Mtn Creek Road, but that is in close relation to the Walmart too...
Also there are other businesses located close to Walmart and at the foot of the mtn at the Signal Mtn Rd- Mtn Creek intersection... A Bi-Lo, UPS Store.. There is also a BP and a Conoco in that general location.,
IIRC.. a section of the river on Suck Creel Road was searched but I don't know how close to the Signal Mtn Blvd that particular search took place...JMHO

ETA.. Does anyone know how many towers are located in the area at the foot of the mtn where Mtn Creek Road, Suck Creek Road are located...

Sorry Emeraldgem, not sure how many towers are there.

True - or maybe someone just turned the phone on and threw it out to mislead the investigation.... unfortunately I am leaning in that direction.

Possible. . . . They could have just allowed one call to come through, then turned it off and ditched it in a waste can somewhere.

Possible. . . . They could have just allowed one call to come through, then turned it off and ditched it in a waste can somewhere.

Yep, or like you said, turned it on to get info from it, then dumped it.

Your question was excellent. It's possible someone turned it on to examine the phone's records, emails, etc., while in the Walmart area, and during that time a call came in. Who knows? Maybe, someone was trying to erase these records or glean some info from them.

I could be wrong, but IIRC it was reported as the phone "last" pinged there on the 2nd. I don't think we have heard anything about pings or no pings in between.

I haven't been able to find an article either way in between the toddler banging on the keyboard.

ETA.. Does anyone know how many towers are located in the area at the foot of the mtn where Mtn Creek Road, Suck Creek Road are located...[/quote]

Em, the tower locations are located back aways (not sure what thread...) But it does not include all, just those registered. Also there were temp towers set up at the time as well due to weather. HTH.

I could be wrong, but IIRC it was reported as the phone "last" pinged there on the 2nd. I don't think we have heard anything about pings or no pings in between.

I haven't been able to find an article either way in between the toddler banging on the keyboard.

That was actually my original question - if they had pings from 4/30, then none until 5/2, or if there were any in between. I couldn't find anything that specified the answer either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro