TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren,44, Signal Mountain, 30 April, 2011 - #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ThoughtFox, if/when you have the chance, would you mind weighing in on this? Thank you so much. I have verified what power lines were down but still trying to figure out exactly what water accesses were washed out.

Thanks again- Oriah

I have no idea. I was trapped in my neighborhood by fallen trees on the other side of the county.

What happened to the rest of these sightings? There was Carol and Big Fork/Insurance Bluff, and there was a rumor about a hardware store sighting. That would leave 18 other sightings. Eighteen!! What were they? Where were they?

This is from May 20:

Authorities have received as many as 20 tips from people stating they have seen 44-year-old Gail Palmgren or her 2010 red Jeep Rubicon since she went missing April 30.

http://timesfreepress.com/news/2011/may/20/palmgren-search-takes-investigators-alabama/

I was under the impression the sightings were unconfirmed.

snipped..

there have been possible sightings reported to law enforcement, authorities said. None of the sightings has been confirmed, authorities said.
JMHO

http://timesfreepress.com/news/2011/may/18/sightings-missing-signal-mountain-woman-uncomfirme/

ETA

snipped from same article

Matthew Palmgren expressed concern about his wife’s mental state..

IIRC... Josh Powell also claimed Susan Powell's disappearance was due to her mental instability...

Imagine that....JMHO

snipped..

there have been possible sightings reported to law enforcement, authorities said. None of the sightings has been confirmed, authorities said.
JMHO

http://timesfreepress.com/news/2011/may/18/sightings-missing-signal-mountain-woman-uncomfirme/

ETA

snipped from same article

Matthew Palmgren expressed concern about his wife’s mental state..

IIRC... Josh Powell also claimed Susan Powell's disappearance was due to her mental instability...

Imagine that....JMHO

Yes and JP's father shouted from the roof tops of her promiscuity.. Did you see the latest...he was just arrested last night for voyeurism and child *advertiser censored*. The children are with CPS.

*snipped*

Which is exactly why those computers should have gone to police/FBI and not some lawyers. :(

I have long been confused by the 'search' situation, as well as the turning over of potentially critical evidence to LE. I feel more and more that the reason behind MP's attorney, as well as the computers, Tammy, the money transfers, the PI(s) and the 'deal' to search properties, etc...is because MP (or GP-or both) had something much more to hide than a domestic situation.
Not to say a domestic issue did not exist- I just think there's a lot more going on here.
Anyone know if the Palmgren's and/or Tammy had company laptops?

Iirc the cc sighting came after may 20th and the Ace hardware store sighting was stated on FB. We really do not know what 20 tips LE got. I have just assumed it was sightings of Gails crimson jeep, although none of those could be verified.

Its a shame that LE has had so few tips to follow- up on. Some would think they would have hundreds if not a thousand calls/ tips/ leads to investigate.

It says sightings of both Gail and her Jeep.

Actually, I'm surprised there were so many sighting tips of her & her Jeep all within just a 20 day period. That seems like a lot more than in most missing person cases. In fact, more than I've ever heard of in a missing person case in a 20 day period.

I've never heard of a case with a thousand, or hundreds, or even one hundred sightings of a missing person within 20 days of their disappearance.

The Carol/Big Fork/Insurance Bluff sighting was reported by Carol to have been on April 30th - the day Gail disappeared, and whereas I think it wasn't reported in news until May 23rd or something like that, she'd reported it to LE earlier.

Yep, unconfirmed at that time - May 20. We're now in September, almost October, so there should certainly have been LE follow-up by now. That's why I'm asking about them.

I'd like to know where the sightings were, when, and by whom (not a name, but who in terms of a neighbor, somebody at a store, whatever).

I thought of another that was out on the net - the Sandestin Resort. I may have spelled that incorrectly. But from what I found, that woman also thought a picture of Gail on the net was talking to her, so I dunno how reliable that one would be.

Then we had someone posting in here about a New Hampshire sighting, I believe it was. I need to look up the date on that one to see if it was within that 20 day period.

If anyone can remember any others that may have fallen in that 20 day period - April 30th to May 20th - I'd appreciate it.

So, that's possibly four out of the 20 accounted for, leaving 16 sightings of Gail or her Jeep unaccounted for.

I'll keep poking around.

Your question reminded me of something I was thinking about today. If LE truly believes that Gail is just a missing person, who may have left on her own, why would they be so quiet about the information they do have? I know that people have a right to leave and have privacy and there's really nothing anyone can do about that, but would it be normal for them to keep so much information from the public? I keep hearing people say that LE surely knows much more than what they are telling, and people don't have the right to know everything but my question is why would they do that? Wouldn't keeping everything under wraps and hush-hush be what they would do in a case where they did suspect foul play and wanted to keep an upper hand with the evidence to develop a criminal case? Would even the theories of an accident or suicide warrant such tight wraps around information. I am wondering if anyone has an opinion about LE actions from following other cases where people just left on their own versus mysterious disappearances where LE suspects foul play. Especially considering most of the information regarding Gail's disappearance has come from other sources and not LE. When you look back at what is known, it seems to me that very little information has come directly from LE. Just something I was pondering today.

BBM-yes they would. I have seen MP cases kept on the books well after LE has spoken with the person who was reported. One was a case out of Las Vegas. When I spoke with the detective, he said that he could not inform the family because of the person's right to privacy...basically their right to walk away.

In a case like Gail's, it is really tricky because she has received so much publicity, if she called them or even if she has, I dont know what LE would do. They wouldnt make an announcement of course, but would they tell her family??

I dont know.

BBM-yes they would. I have seen MP cases kept on the books well after LE has spoken with the person who was reported. One was a case out of Las Vegas. When I spoke with the detective, he said that he could not inform the family because of the person's right to privacy...basically their right to walk away.

In a case like Gail's, it is really tricky because she has received so much publicity, if she called them or even if she has, I dont know what LE would do. They wouldnt make an announcement of course, but would they tell her family??

I dont know.

This is so very true, believe09.

I can't tell you the number of times a LE agency has called about a search for a missing adult; and then after LE gains more intelligence regarding the disappearence, to be told it is likely a voluntary disappearance, so please forget we ever discussed this, lol.

Sometimes it IS a voluntary disappearence. Sometimes it is not. And sometimes LE just doesn't want to expend the resources when they feel the odds are high it is voluntary. Which really sucks if the odds are wrong.

That said- I do think most communicate that thought with family. But that's just my experience.

I agree Oriah. I would think given the number of jurisdictions involved here, they would say something to Gail's family.

I know the FBI announced their involvement and it appears they have stepped back a bit, just my opinion, which is what gives me pause.

Have there been any more LE based searches that anyone has seen?

I agree Oriah. I would think given the number of jurisdictions involved here, they would say something to Gail's family.

I know the FBI announced their involvement and it appears they have stepped back a bit, just my opinion, which is what gives me pause.

I haven't come across any in the media, believe09.
But the possible explanations for that are nearly endless, imvho.

I just thought some of our local posters might have seen LE concentrated in a particular area...

Is it possible that LE have determined that her leaving was voluntary, and have told the family that much, which is why the siblings have not pursued further court filings, etc., and seem to not be accusing Matt like others are, BUT, even though they know she left willing, they don't know where she is and that is why everyone is still looking? That would seem to make sense.

Is it possible that LE have determined that her leaving was voluntary, and have told the family that much, which is why the siblings have not pursued further court filings, etc., and seem to not be accusing Matt like others are, BUT, even though they know she left willing, they don't know where she is and that is why everyone is still looking? That would seem to make sense.

I would hope her siblings would honor Gail's and their own friendships with the verified insiders on this board. I don't think those folks would still be involved in discussions about what MP may have done, etc. if they knew differently.

I would absolutely love it if she's out there, safe and her inner circle knows it. I just can't imagine it.

My gut tells me that Gail's siblings are still fighting for her, so I dont think they believe or have been told that this is a voluntary disappearance.

They might have, believe09.

But hopefully if they did, they're not talking. ;)

I haven't seen or heard of any searches..We don't even know IF the property down in Alabama has been searched.. Only information I've heard as of late concerning Gail's case came from Callie Starnes with Channel 3.. She announced CUE is now involved in Gail's case...And Gail's family had asked them for assistance..JMHO..

I don't know what LE is doing.. Don't even know IF they are actively investigated Gail's disappearance.. Just wondering IF Gail's children were younger would Gail be getting more media attention... Would LE be doing more to attempt to solve WHY she disappeared w/o a trace? JMHO.

I just hope those responsible for investigating this case or on to MP like white on rice...IMHO.. Gail's children may have been able to shed some light as to what was going on that day..IMHO. LE has to know this and has to know MP is the one responsible for not allowing LE to speak with the children... JMHO...

I may have missed this somewhere and I apologize if so- but were the AL properties and SM prop blanket searches?

I would hope her siblings would honor Gail's and their own friendships with the verified insiders on this board. I don't think those folks would still be involved in discussions about what MP may have done, etc. if they knew differently.

For myself, I don't assume that every verified insider necessarily ever even knew Gail, or that every verified insider has a current friendship with either of Gail's siblings.

I just can't assume that because a verified member may opine that Matt may have been involved in Gail's disappearance, or opine about anything else, that it means that Diane and Kevin hold the same opinion. I think it would be unfair of me to the verified member, Diane, and Kevin to assume that.

I'm verified in Gabe Johnson's case on behalf of his family. I would really hope that when I have expressed my many opinions in that case, on many different things, that people didn't assume that Gabe's family members felt the same way.

Maybe I just don't quite understand what you're saying, jwp.

For myself, I don't assume that every verified insider necessarily ever even knew Gail, or that every verified insider has a current friendship with either of Gail's siblings.

I just can't assume that because a verified member may opine that Matt may have been involved in Gail's disappearance, or opine about anything else, that it means that Diane and Kevin hold the same opinion. I think it would be unfair of me to the verified member, Diane, and Kevin to assume that.

I'm verified in Gabe Johnson's case on behalf of his family. I would really hope that when I have expressed my many opinions in that case, on many different things, that people didn't assume that Gabe's family members felt the same way.

Maybe I just don't quite understand what you're saying, jwp.

BeanE, I think that is a very important point. Using this as an example- I'm verified as a local and an insider in Shaniya Davis' case. The reasons for that are not because I represent Shaniya's family in any way at all. It's because we are indeed local, and have information that may not be readily available in the media regarding her case.

I hope people do not assume that my opinions reflect the feelings, thoughts, and opinions- of Shaniya's family and loved ones.

They are mine, and mine only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members