TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren,44, Signal Mountain, 30 April, 2011 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM-yes they would. I have seen MP cases kept on the books well after LE has spoken with the person who was reported. One was a case out of Las Vegas. When I spoke with the detective, he said that he could not inform the family because of the person's right to privacy...basically their right to walk away.

Believe09 are you saying that if someone contact a detective they will tell them that information, even though they can’t inform the family they will tell others if they have spoken to the person? How long after speaking to the person do they leave the case on the books approximately?

In a case like Gail's, it is really tricky because she has received so much publicity, if she called them or even if she has, I dont know what LE would do. They wouldnt make an announcement of course, but would they tell her family??

I dont know.

I have been wondering about this as well, if they do know for a fact Gail has left on her own free will and have spoken to her, would they still be calling it an ongoing investigation?

Sorry for so many questions, not being familiar with the way the LE work in the US.

For myself, I don't assume that every verified insider necessarily ever even knew Gail, or that every verified insider has a current friendship with either of Gail's siblings.

I just can't assume that because a verified member may opine that Matt may have been involved in Gail's disappearance, or opine about anything else, that it means that Diane and Kevin hold the same opinion. I think it would be unfair of me to the verified member, Diane, and Kevin to assume that.

I'm verified in Gabe Johnson's case on behalf of his family. I would really hope that when I have expressed my many opinions in that case, on many different things, that people didn't assume that Gabe's family members felt the same way.

Maybe I just don't quite understand what you're saying, jwp.

I wasn't trying to imply that every verified insider is a BFF of Gail or one of her siblings but there are people here who went to school with her, live in her neighborhood and who knows what else. I guess what I'm saying is that if her sister knows she's okay and has made the decision to be on her own, I can't imagine she would let any one of these people who she may know in real life and be in communication with, continue to be frantically searching for Gail. I can't see why she would continue to have her FB page dedicated to Gail's disappearance in the way that it is.

Is it possible that LE have determined that her leaving was voluntary, and have told the family that much, which is why the siblings have not pursued further court filings, etc., and seem to not be accusing Matt like others are, BUT, even though they know she left willing, they don't know where she is and that is why everyone is still looking? That would seem to make sense.

That is a very interesting train of thought
I would have thought if any of the family or LE knows that Gail left voluntarily they would speak out so as to not take up valuable resources from those that are missing in suspicious circumstances. So for them to know she left on her own accord and still make this a missing person case just doesn’t make sense not to say anything.

I am trying to get my head around if the LE and family are so sure Gail left on her own free will, why is this still being called an ongoing investigation, why not just come out and say everyone we know Gail has just taken off.

What is the difference between a missing person case and a case of they have just up & left case as far as LE asking for people to provide information? Does the LE get involved with cases that they know the person has just left and haven't contacted family?
As we don’t have CUE here in Australia I have to ask, do they get involved in case where people have just walked away from their lives and the LE and family know that?

As we don’t have CUE here in Australia I have to ask, do they get involved in case where people have just walked away from their lives and the LE and family know that?[/quote]

Respectfully snipped for space:
I would think that the person(s) who requested CUE's assistance likely do not think she disappeared on her own accord. However, they may also think she may have had an accident, injury, or stress related issue and may be missing due to circumstances surrounding something of that sort.
JMO though.

"I would think that the person(s) who requested CUE's assistance likely do not think she disappeared on her own accord. However, they may also think she may have had an accident, injury, or stress related issue and may be missing due to circumstances surrounding something of that sort.
JMO though."[/QUOTE](this is the above posters quote - don't know why the quote thing did not work)

Yes, I have considered this a possibility - LE & Diane spoke with Gail that last day; she may have indicated her plans but then possibly did not show up or check back in with Diane as planned...which alerted Diane to call Matt and file a report etc.

That scenario would explain the initial lack of action after Gail's last communication and also the beginning and continuing investigation. But of course this is JMO in my attempt to explain why things appear to be playing out oddly.

I wasn't trying to imply that every verified insider is a BFF of Gail or one of her siblings but there are people here who went to school with her, live in her neighborhood and who knows what else. I guess what I'm saying is that if her sister knows she's okay and has made the decision to be on her own, I can't imagine she would let any one of these people who she may know in real life and be in communication with, continue to be frantically searching for Gail. I can't see why she would continue to have her FB page dedicated to Gail's disappearance in the way that it is.

Okay, that makes it clearer. Thanks, jwp.

I think - and this is just my opinion - that if Diane *knows* that Gail is alive, and Gail has asked her not to tell anyone, that Diane would respect Gail's wishes and not tell anyone.

I don't think that's the situation though.

I think the situation we have here is that nobody - LE or anyone else - *knows* that Gail is alive.

I think LE's theory is that most likely Gail left by her own choice and is alive and building a new life.

I think they are continuing to investigate, and will continue to investigate, until they do *know* what happened to Gail. I think, however, they have put Gail's case on the back burner due to case load. I think if they come up with any indication that Gail met with foul play, they will raise the priority of her case.

There are two things to be done, as I see it, in this case, and every other that seems to have gone cold. We can pay more taxes so that LE can hire more people to work more cases, or we can study cases and try to come up with indications of what happened to the person, document them, and send them to LE, in hopes that our information with tie to something else they have and raise the priority of the case.

One more standard thing - sending out flyers is always good in every case. The more, the better.

All just my opinion, of course.

I think the possibilty of an accident has been very much underestimated. That's not to say that I think it is necessarily the situation (I don't) but I do think it remains a possibility.
I can't make a lot of sense out of the triangulation of the cell and vehicle pings otherwise- especially considering the 5/2 ping, the chipsets- and the environmental conditions present at the time.

Chrysler, Verizon, Sprint, and T-Mobile are tired of talking to me, lol.

Gail, thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. If you are safe out there- please let someone know! In the meantime, we'll keep on looking for you because we care a whole lot about you. <<hugs>>

Believe09 are you saying that if someone contact a detective they will tell them that information, even though they can&#8217;t inform the family they will tell others if they have spoken to the person? How long after speaking to the person do they leave the case on the books approximately?

Sorry for so many questions, not being familiar with the way the LE work in the US.

Respectfully snipped-the MP had surfaced at that point so no confidences were broken. :)

I just thought some of our local posters might have seen LE concentrated in a particular area...

I don't know where they are concentrating, but I think it's safe to say it isn't Signal Mountain. Little goes on up here that doesn't become the buzz of the community, and I don't think it would happen without anybody's notice.

I certainly hope LE is not assuming Gail just up and left her children by her own choice and is NOW building her life w/o her children, somewhere out there.
I fully realize that scenario is what Matt P wants for everyone to believe, kinda like Josh Powell and his father... but putting it frankly... I'm not buying it...

I certainly hope LE around here isn't buying into the scenario Matt P. has been and is still attempting to sell either....JMHO

[snippeds] LE & Diane spoke with Gail that last day; she may have indicated her plans but then possibly did not show up or check back in with Diane as planned...which alerted Diane to call Matt and file a report etc.

That scenario would explain the initial lack of action after Gail's last communication and also the beginning and continuing investigation. But of course this is JMO in my attempt to explain why things appear to be playing out oddly.

This scenario makes a lot of sense to me. It also could reasonably encompass every possibility I've heard suggested as far as how the plan went wrong--foul play, accident, mental breakdown, etc.

I think she had to have had a plan. She had made too many preparations to suggest otherwise. But then at some point the plan went very wrong, IMO.

I cannot believe her plan would have included leaving her family to worry and wonder --even if the plan were to leave and begin to build a life somewhere else.

ETA: To take lalalu's theory further, this would also explain why LE might have chosen not to interview, at least in the beginning. Maybe they had all the information they needed about the day's events up to the point she left the children at the house.

I certainly hope LE is not assuming Gail just up and left her children by her own choice and is NOW building her life w/o her children, somewhere out there.

No, I don't think LE has assumed anything. They've been investigating for months - multiple agencies too.

First SMPD, then HCSO, then TBI reviewed at the family's request, then FBI reviewed at the family's request.

No assumptions in this case, IMO.

I think the possibilty of an accident has been very much underestimated. That's not to say that I think it is necessarily the situation (I don't) but I do think it remains a possibility.

I continue to think one of the biggest obstacles in the investigation/analysis of this case by private citizens as opposed to LE, is that many people--me as much as anybody--have developed assumptions over time that may or may not be true.

Emerlgem, that James Place issue from a thread or two ago was a huge eye-opener for me on how closed-minded I had become. I was adamant that it did not exist because I had driven James Blvd. so many times without seeing it. You were skeptical enough to make me irritated enough to drive by one more time at a snail's pace. When I finally found it hidden between the trees, it was very humbling. Nothing significant was found there, but point made for me.

I think the effort to put aside much of what we may have assumed to be fact may be a key to solving this case. And I think that includes being alert to comments by others that reflect their own assumptions rather than fact. Just like my insistence that there was NO James Place.

I've read some statements on various websites that come across in a very authoritative manner--perhaps innocently--that, upon further thought, seem unlkely as being KNOWN rather than assumed. More likely to reflect very strong opinions developed over time. Seeing and hearing what we assume to be true. Again, I'm not trying to throw stones at all. I've done it too.

Am I making the least bit of sense in communicating what I'm trying to say?

I continue to think one of the biggest obstacles in the investigation/analysis of this case by private citizens as opposed to LE, is that many people--me as much as anybody--have developed assumptions over time that may or may not be true.

Emerlgem, that James Place issue from a thread or two ago was a huge eye-opener for me on how closed-minded I had become. I was adamant that it did not exist because I had driven James Blvd. so many times without seeing it. You were skeptical enough to make me irritated enough to drive by one more time at a snail's pace. When I finally found it hidden between the trees, it was very humbling. Nothing significant was found there, but point made for me.

I think the effort to put aside much of what we may have assumed to be fact may be a key to solving this case. And I think that includes being alert to comments by others that reflect their own assumptions rather than fact. Just like my insistence that there was NO James Place.

I've read some statements on various websites that come across in a very authoritative manner--perhaps innocently--that, upon further thought, seem unlkely as being KNOWN rather than assumed. More likely to reflect very strong opinions developed over time. Seeing and hearing what we assume to be true. Again, I'm not trying to throw stones at all. I've done it too.

You made a whole lot of sense. Great post, Pearl. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

In reference to myself, until LE publicly announces Gail is alive and in hiding and MP is NOT in any way, shape or form involved or responsible with the disappearance of his wife, Gail Marie Nowacki Palmgren I will continue to believe Gail met up with foul play and Matt P is the one responsible for whatever has happened to her..
As I see it we are all entitled to believe what we choose to believe from information gleaned, and we are also free to change our minds IF what we believe is proven to be inaccurate ..
For now, until I receive proof beyond a shadow of a doubt he is not involved in Gail's disappearance I'll continue to believe and assume he is involved.
His actions, as well as his non action concerning her disappearance is what has led me to believe what I believe... JMHO

ETA IF what I am assuming turns out to be wrong, I don't have a problem admitting I was wrong and apologizing... I can accept having to eat crow......JMHO

JMO Any information gleaned in a missing person's case, in the likelihood they just left on their own, is usually brought forward. Also, usually the person is kept in the public eye. That stopped very early on and continues. No info --tips or updates from LE, nor any updates or indication by the family wanting help from outside agencies used explicitly in MP cases. I don't think the media has stopped their efforts, but just lack any new info-- like us. With that observation, imo, LE and family are thinking foul play and are being quiet for the investigation to continue. The jeep hasn't been found. I just think there's a bigger chance of it disappearing nefariously...than a horrible accident. An accident by itself yes....knowing what other info we do surrounding her disappearance put together with that missing jeep is a different ballgame, imo.

And as some others have eluded to....there was more going on in their life than a marriage of a couple who just grew apart. JMOO

I'd like to know if the computers are in the possession of LE...and if so I'm sure the FBI will have their hands full trying to glean any info from them. I'm sure, with the statement about deleted data* from his attorney, it will take them some time. **** That bold statement still has me in shock and disbelief and boy I'd love to hear what the FBI has to say about that.

JMO

I feel the same way, Emerald.

When I heard about that poor missing little girl from Nebraska, I turned to my husband and said "well, I bet the step-father molested her and then killed her". And, sadly, my first gut instinct was correct.

My first instinct on Gail sent me straight to MP.

*having an affair
*not reporting Gail missing until forced to by family
*not letting LE have computers

I could go on and on.

I also am hung up on the fact that MP and girlfriend bought a new car when they were on their "business trip". Does this stand out to anyone else?

I fully realize that scenario is what Matt P wants for everyone to believe, kinda like Josh Powell and his father... but putting it frankly... I'm not buying it...

I certainly hope LE around here isn't buying into the scenario Matt P. has been and is still attempting to sell either....JMHO

I agree. To believe that LE knows she went off on her own would mean that:

1. They have information that points to that scenario;

2. That info is something none of Gail's friends, family OR private investigator have come across on their own;

3. The people in LE who know this have not shared any of that info with Gail's family;

4. They have somehow managed to keep everyone in these LE agencies (both SM and HC) from telling people outside LE (and starting gossip) and have kept it entirely away from the media;

5. They aren't telling CUE or any other agency that is involved, which means they're letting these agencies basically waste resources to find Gail (and with CUE's experience, wouldn't they have turned the case down if they thought Gail just ran off?);

6. HCSO keeps Gail's case on the front page of their website and the FBI agent keeps allowing people to report his email address in case they have info. If Gail was in hiding, would both these agencies really put their info out there so the public could keep wasting their time?

7. Gail would have to have abandoned her kids, despite so many of Gail's friends and relatives saying she would never do such a thing;

8. She has to have had plenty of resources to get fake IDs and a new vehicle to start a life in hiding;

9. She would have abandoned all the money and family jewelry she gave to a bunch of people. Actually, I can't think of a reason she would have given these items to people in the first place if she was just going to run off and abandon the kids;

10. MP -- who has obviously been putting out info about Gail to say she was mentally unbalanced, had run off before, may have killed herself from stress or grief, was "flat f----d up," etc. -- somehow hasn't provided evidence that she really DID run off. Instead he's thwarted timely searches and taken the computers away, and as far as we know hasn't volunteered to interview with LE.

These are the things I just can't get past when the theory that Gail ran off and LE knows it is presented.

And then there's the idea that with all the cases of women disappearing while the husband/bf had a woman on the side, wanted custody, possibly wanted money, where there was a history 911 calls immediately prior to the disappearance and a friend who said there might have been emotional and physical abuse, that somehow THIS case is really the one where the woman ran off and the guy is being unfairly maligned.

Just my 5 1/2 cents.

JMO Any information gleaned in a missing person's case, in the likelihood they just left on their own, is usually brought forward. Also, usually the person is kept in the public eye. That stopped very early on and continues. No info --tips or updates from LE, nor any updates or indication by the family wanting help from outside agencies used explicitly in MP cases. I don't think the media has stopped their efforts, but just lack any new info-- like us. With that observation, imo, LE and family are thinking foul play and are being quiet for the investigation to continue. The jeep hasn't been found. I just think there's a bigger chance of it disappearing nefariously...than a horrible accident. An accident by itself yes....knowing what other info we do surrounding her disappearance put together with that missing jeep is a different ballgame, imo.

And as some others have eluded to....there was more going on in their life than a marriage of a couple who just grew apart. JMOO

I'd like to know if the computers are in the possession of LE...and if so I'm sure the FBI will have their hands full trying to glean any info from them. I'm sure, with the statement about deleted data* from his attorney, it will take them some time. **** That bold statement still has me in shock and disbelief and boy I'd love to hear what the FBI has to say about that.

JMO

:goodpost:

BBM- Thank you. This was an answer to a question I asked a couple of days ago. I wanted to know if others felt that the behavior of LE suggests that they are thinking foul play and therefore, keeping everything under wraps and wouldn't things be different if they really were thinking Gail just walked away. Thank you for your opinion and I completely agree with you.

Complete sense, Pearl. And I can't tell you how respectful of- and humbled by- this post I am. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SluethinAway