TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren,44, Signal Mountain, 30 April, 2011 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He wouldn't have a leg to stand on. LE knew from the start the children were with her. She is their mother and has just as much right to have the children with her period. Again, if there was a legal separation or divorce going on things may have been different, but that was not the case. It sounds to me like he tried to push his weight around by bullying GP to control her. This is such a sad situation all the way around. I just want to cry everytime I think about Gail and her children. I've been through this and it can be nerve racking. You feel like your whole world is crashing around you and you don't know which way to turn or who you can trust anymore. My heart goes out to Gail where ever she is. If she is by chance still out there alive somewhere, I pray the Lord would bring her home safe and sound to her dear children. There are so many people who care about her.

BBM
Snowbunny...so true! So many that care, and so many since this all began that would help bring her back SAFELY and to stay safe with her children wherever that needed to be. Prayers for you Gail and your children!

I'm thinking Mtn Creek Rd, Signal Mtn Blvd would be south and east of the mtn..
Suck Creek going toward Whitwell, Tn which is Marion County would be south and west...
Sequatchie County and Sequatchie Valley would be north and west of the mtn..

Emeralgem, hmm perhaps I am being confusing- or else I am confused! The Mtn Creek route would actually go south, east, and then west- thus the ping. Correct?

Sequatchie valley would be north, west, north, west... and then south. But wouldn't we have a ping from Gail's phone from that tower?
Hmm. I've got to look at this again.

I've another randon question, if anyone knows... Was the photo of Gail's Jeep (the one with snow on it) taken on or just after December 12, 2010? TIA if anyone knows this.

I've another randon question, if anyone knows... Was the photo of Gail's Jeep (the one with snow on it) taken on or just after December 12, 2010? TIA if anyone knows this.

Sorry Oriah, I don't have the answer to your question but wanted to say you have such Good, thought provoking questions! :)

Emeralgem, hmm perhaps I am being confusing- or else I am confused! The Mtn Creek route would actually go south, east, and then west- thus the ping. Correct?

Sequatchie valley would be north, west, north, west... and then south. But wouldn't we have a ping from Gail's phone from that tower?

Hmmm...it is my understanding that Sequatchie Valley along with Big Fork Rd is near the north base of SM...is that correct? If so, DN stated, according to MSM, the last cell ping on 5/2 from Gail's phone was at the north base of SM...since the most recent info regarding Gail's conversations with DN on 4/30 stated that Gail talked to DN on her way down the mountain after having left the SM home at 12:15 pm, I think it reasonable to believe that DN would be correct regarding the north base report, imo.
(ETA: after re-reading current posts, the BBM info seems to have come from JBean).

This I don't understand. Why would she have to 'return' the children. They are hers - doesn't seem to have been any issue with her coming/going to the lakehouse with them ever before.

UNLESS, MP had something drastic planned for Gail - and didn't want the kids caught in the crossfire.

And, at the very least, MP probably couldn't stand not having control over Gail and the children, imho.

Hmmm...it is my understanding that Sequatchie Valley along with Big Fork Rd is near the north base of SM...is that correct? If so, DN stated, according to MSM, the last cell ping on 5/2 from Gail's phone was at the north base of SM...since the most recent info regarding Gail's conversations with DN on 4/30 stated that Gail talked to DN on her way down the mountain after having left the SM home at 12:15 pm, I think it reasonable to believe that DN would be correct regarding the north base report, imo.
(ETA: after re-reading current posts, the BBM info seems to have come from JBean).

Hmm. You're correct and I believe correct about DN's report as well.

What the heck satellite was picking that up then? Because it's not a tower, I don't think. :waitasec:

Hmm. You're correct and I believe correct about DN's report as well.

What the heck satellite was picking that up then? Because it's not a tower, I don't think. :waitasec:

Here is a map

http://mapq.st/n3VUmx

IF I were on top of the mtn and said I was headed down the mtn, in reference to myself I would be referring to traveling on either the "W" road that would take me down the mtn to Mtn Creek Road or either I would be traveling down what I refer to as the front of the mtn which is headed south and east. Going in that direction would take me to Signal Mtn Blvd...
Going down the front of the mtn, when I get to the foot of the mtn, Suck Creek Road is on my right and if I travel a little further east Mtn Creek Road is on my left...

IF I were on top of the mtn and headed over to Sequatchie Valley I would be traveling North and west headed over the mtn and then back down the mtn into Sequatchie Valley.
If I were traveling on Taft Hwy headed toward Sequatchie Valley, I do not think I would say I am headed down the mtn.. I would say.. I am headed over to Sequatchie Valley, which is over the mtn and then down on the other side...

Hope I haven't confused anyone ..

Let me be more clear:

I am assuming that the message allegedly left by Matt on 4/29 referencing "12 hours" had to do with returning the children. My assumption is based upon the fact that Gail returned them to him.

Separately, SMPD gave her phone numbers to safe houses. Women certainly bring their children with them when they are fleeing abusive marriages. I would think that Gail should have known that first of all, she was not obligated to return the children to Matt. She had them. She had the right to have them with her.

So, one question-did Matt's alleged deadline regarding 12 hours have to do with the return of the children?

Another question- how did SMPD advise her regarding the children, or did they at all?

Last question: why did she drop the kids off and then leave?

BBM: I can only speculate on this as I am not an insider, but... to me it is clear that Gail was afraid of Matt. Really afraid. Perhaps she felt (and maybe he even voiced this) that he would harm the children if she didn't comply with his demands (though we don't know what "12 HOURS" means exactly, we can surmise that it was a demand of some sort).

Gail wanted SMPD to meet her at the SM home when she dropped the kids off - why? Why would one make such a request of the police? Fear. I think she didn't want to be alone w/ MP for some reason. So when she got home and the police weren't there, she dropped the kids off and hightailed it outta there, to avoid a confrontation. And because she is a loving, responsible mother (IMO), she called SMPD to let them know that she dropped the kids off at the house, and that they were alone because MP wasn't there yet.

If there was in fact domestic violence in their marriage, then we can't really expect Gail to know what her rights are re: the children (especially w/ the Bham lawyer family friend siding with MP). And we can't expect her to behave calmly and rationally. Anyone who has experienced spousal abuse, be it verbal, emotional or physical, understands what I'm saying.

As always, JMO. :twocents:

Big Fork Road can also be accessed by traveling on Suck Creek Road toward Whitwell, Tn which is located south and west of Signal Mtn..
The portion of SuckCreek Road at the foot of the mountain close to Signal Mtn Blvd and Mountain Creek Road are not what I would refer to as being north base of the mtn...
Big Fork Road is located in both Marion County and in Sequatchie County..

http://www.stateparks.com/gmaps/curlocation.asp?lat=35.145&lon=-85.35972&z=12

Was doing some reading about the Rubicon jeep-
http://www.examiner.com/auto-review...rangler-rubicon-review-don-t-buy-this-vehicle

snipped-
The Rubicon is separated from lesser Jeeps with the addition of a special off-road part-time "Rock-Trac" two-speed transfer case with a truly crawl-worthy 4.0:1 low range. The front and rear axle lockers provide maximum grip for severe off-road use, with an electronic sway-bar disconnect that allows extra suspension articulation to help keep all four wheels on the ground--or rocks or whatever--in extreme situations you'll never see in the 'burbs.
---
So maybe this Jeep is seriously 'off road'??

OH !! FYI- I just read on the Bring Gail Home Now FB page that CUE is now actively involved in the search.

http://www.examiner.com/auto-review...rangler-rubicon-review-don-t-buy-this-vehicle

snipped-
The Rubicon is separated from lesser Jeeps with the addition of a special off-road part-time "Rock-Trac" two-speed transfer case with a truly crawl-worthy 4.0:1 low range. The front and rear axle lockers provide maximum grip for severe off-road use, with an electronic sway-bar disconnect that allows extra suspension articulation to help keep all four wheels on the ground--or rocks or whatever--in extreme situations you'll never see in the 'burbs.
---

respectfully snipped

Thanks for the Jeep info - I didn't know how the Rubicon differed from other models. It explains why I've never seen a single Rubicon where I live, even though I check out every single Jeep I see now since Gail's disappearance. (There isn't much use for a rugged vehicle like that here - I live on the coast, in the land of Porsche, BMW, Mercedes, Lexus, etc. Even the SUVs here are luxury brands.)

I knew Gail's Jeep was capable of going off-road, but didn't know the extent. This means her Jeep could be pretty much anywhere (which we kinda already knew, but still).

Where did the phone ping on the 2nd? Didn't someone say the Walmart area?
Walmart is on Signal Mtn Blvd not to far from Mtn Creek Road and not too far from Suck Creek Road.

If I am traveling toward Signal Mtn on Signal Mtn Blvd and pass the Wallmart located on the left, Mtn Creek Road is located relatively close by on the right after I pass the Wallmart. If I made a choice to go up the "W" road i would continue traveling on Mtn Creek road until I reached the point where the "W" road goes up the mtn.. The "W" road is located on my left traveling on Mtn Creek Road...
If I do not turn right on to Mtn Creek road to go up the "W" Road from Signal Mtn Blvd and continue toward Signal Mtn, on Signal Mtn Blvd, Suck Creek Road is located on the left, right before I start up the mtn..
Hopefully, I haven't confused you more...

I wish I could have seen the complete Cue report. It's been edited and whiped clean back to the original information about Gail and the Jeep, and that's all there is.

http://www.ncmissingpersons.org/gail-palmgren/

So many thanks to those who quoted the information here. I think these threatening phone calls explain so much about why Gail hurried back to Signal Mountain, which was my theory all along. School was out and there was no reason to hurry back - unless she was given an ultimatum. Maybe he was going to have her charged with kidnapping if she ran with the kids?

:maddening: I didn't think it would be edited or else I would have copied it and saved it. Stupid me.

Begs the question of who made a stink about the CUE report and had it edited.

snipped-
---

OH !! FYI- I just read on the Bring Gail Home Now FB page that CUE is now actively involved in the search.

BBM.. If you check out any of the youtube videos of Big Fork Road or Prentice Cooper, you'll see how seriously off road some of those people are who are on ATV's and out four wheeling.JMHO

Where did the phone ping on the 2nd? Didn't someone say the Walmart area?
Walmart is on Signal Mtn Blvd not to far from Mtn Creek Road and not too far from Suck Creek Road.

If I am traveling toward Signal Mtn on Signal Mtn Blvd and pass the Wallmart located on the left, Mtn Creek Road is located relatively close by on the right after I pass the Wallmart. If I made a choice to go up the "W" road i would continue traveling on Mtn Creek road until I reached the point where the "W" road goes up the mtn.. The "W" road is located on my left traveling on Mtn Creek Road...
If I do not turn right on to Mtn Creek road to go up the "W" Road from Signal Mtn Blvd and continue toward Signal Mtn, on Signal Mtn Blvd, Suck Creek Road is located on the left, right before I start up the mtn..
Hopefully, I haven't confused you more...

Thank Em. I'm actually not confused about the possible routes of travel at all- I'm confused by the ping situation. :waitasec:

I still think GP's cell phone and MP's cell phone crossed paths. And I think their vehicles likely did as well. I just can't figure out where exactly the two crossed on the 2nd. Make sense?

Ugh, sooo aggrevated.

Going back to grid overlays.

Thank Em. I'm actually not confused about the possible routes of travel at all- I'm confused by the ping situation. :waitasec:

I still think GP's cell phone and MP's cell phone crossed paths. And I think their vehicles likely did as well. I just can't figure out where exactly the two crossed on the 2nd. Make sense?
Ugh, sooo aggrevated.

Going back to grid overlays.

On the 2nd of May? No, that doesn't make sense to me... Are you thinking Gail was driving around in the area on the 2nd of May?

BTW...I don't know too much of anything about pings or how they work..

On the 2nd of May? No, that doesn't make sense to me... Are you thinking Gail was driving around in the area on the 2nd of May?

No- no, I'm not...
I'm thinking her cell was, and so was MP's cell and/or his vehicle. Sorry to confuse.
Really trying hard to narrow down the pings.

(O/T - but stay safe, locals. If you don't need to drive, please don't.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireflylink
FYI - POSTED AT THE CUE WEBSITE

CUE Alerts, General / Gail Palmgren
http://www.ncmissingpersons.org/gail-palmgren/
Interesting info at the Cue Website about the phone calls. I highly recommend everyone read it, it has a LOT of detail about the phone calls on the 30th. This part stuck out to me:

Quote:
On April 29, 2011, Gail’s husband called Gail’s sister, leaving a threatening message on her answering machine stating that “GAIL HAS 12 HOURS, 12 HOURS”….. He also did this the week before on Good Friday,April 22, 2011, only it was “10 HOURS” that time.
Personally, I think law enforcement has a lot of explaining to do.
I just saw the link today, and the paragraph about the calls (MP to Gail's sister) is gone.

Just caught up with the thread and see that others noted the editted report as well. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme