TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was wondering...Back in May when MP told LE that Gail was on medicine for a condition she had.... hope he was able to show proof. You would think that she would have had it in her purse or if she still had a bag from her overnight trip to AL. Hope he was able to back up his statement with proof..if not that would be a red flag.

Another thing that really bothers me is...the search so long after she went missing. If you have... NOTHING ...absolutely nothing to hide then.... do the southern thing and say..."Come On In". If you did nothing you should not need an attorney to hold off a search of your home. Red flag to me ....just saying.

The statement that was released from the attorney that the accident happened at 12:25 or so also sends up a red flag for me. How did they know the exact time...could have been that day or any day (or night) to follow that the jeep went off the mountain.

A lot of RED FLAGS are flying on Signal Mountain Brow...that is for me anyway .

Please disregard my comment..I thought her phone was charging and not in her hand, guess that was my mistake. Seems all of you seem to have a handle on the facts.

I'm willing to bet Gail had a bluetooth as much as she traveled...and with children.

Don't drive and text or make calls unless you have a bluetooth! Same as drinking and driving in my book. Setting bad example for youth also. IMO, JMO, etc.

Do big flat rocks roll and IF she hit a rock close to the road why wasn't there any sign of a rock being dragged along the grass to the edge of the mountain?
IMHO..I have felt from the beginning this is/was a MFH.. I also suspect quite alot of thought and planning as well as a substantial amount of cash is involved... And sadly, I suspect the money paid out was Gail's own money...JMHO

I wish we could hear what Gail's detective told LE and all of what he found on MP. Who he was in contact with, all his whereabouts in the prior month or so before GP's disappearance. The distribution of the monies (specifically the 40K) Who was the man he saw MP with, etc. We never heard a peep about him and it seems all the chaos started after GP hired him and gathered info. Also, I don't remember the time frame of him being hired...anyone? tia

We understand that you believe this was MFH, but that didn't really answer the question posed by October. How do you think it was carried out if your theory is correct? The rock still had to get over the side. Was it carried? That would have taken more than one person, and you would think someone would notice people tossing a huge rock over the side, then setting a jeep in place and putting a body in it, then pushing it over. That kind of plan would have taken a fair amount of time to do, time that could have been interrupted by someone driving by at any second. Seems unbelievable and very risky to me. So the other theory seems to be pushing the jeep over, but it would take a massive push to propell the jeep and the rock over together...more than one person again. Of course any plan involving multiple people increases the chances of someone talking, so that wouldn't be smart. It seems that pushing someone off the mtn would have been a really risky and difficult way to murder someone, no matter how much money was involved.

There was mention by someone that Google Earth history of the area shows a rock missing prior to Gail's going over, but I think you have to have a subscription to it's service, iirc. However, I don't know if it's true. The problem with it being pushed over by someone does raise ??'s for me because LE is saying her phone was IN the jeep and the cell pings put her over at sometime around 12:35pm. I don't know the area as the locals, but it does seem a bit bold for someone to accomplish that in broad daylight. What are the chances of no one seeing them? I could see it more of a possibility if it happened at night. I did note that a Mr. P lives across the street and did/does hold an office for Waldon--- so would he have been home on a Sat afternoon or his wife ---cleaning up after the storm a few days before or be taking care of municipal concerns/damage/cleanup? It's a quandary for sure, imo, because it was Spring and had stormed just a few days before. No reason for the ground to be completely dry to not show any tracks of 5000 lbs vehicle being there...or a 450 lb rock being moved. Also, if that neighborhood had damage and refuse from the storm....wouldn't they just throw it over the side instead of taking it elsewhere or having the city clean it up? Which bothers me...because if someone did notice...and said nothing because they didn't want their "view" challenged for safety purposes...it's an abomination, imo.

SBM. It's also possible that Gail was injured after going over, undid the buckle to get out but was unable to for whatever reason and later died from her injuries. The conclusion that the seatbelt was off might have to do with trajectories/injuries, but at this late stage it might be hard to conclusively say when it occured.

The black box will tell.

Was wondering...Back in May when MP told LE that Gail was on medicine for a condition she had.... hope he was able to show proof. You would think that she would have had it in her purse or if she still had a bag from her overnight trip to AL. Hope he was able to back up his statement with proof..if not that would be a red flag.

Another thing that really bothers me is...the search so long after she went missing. If you have... NOTHING ...absolutely nothing to hide then.... do the southern thing and say..."Come On In". If you did nothing you should not need an attorney to hold off a search of your home. Red flag to me ....just saying.

The statement that was released from the attorney that the accident happened at 12:25 or so also sends up a red flag for me. How did they know the exact time...could have been that day or any day (or night) to follow that the jeep went off the mountain.

A lot of RED FLAGS are flying on Signal Mountain Brow...that is for me anyway .

One of Gail's friends confirmed she was on medication. ETA: I believe LE indicated that they could target the change in altitude from her cell phone...IIRC that is. In any case, this helped them pinpoint the time of the accident.

One of Gail's friends confirmed she was on medication. ETA: I believe LE indicated that they could target the change in altitude from her cell phone...IIRC that is. In any case, this helped them pinpoint the time of the accident.

With respect, one of Gail's friends may have confirmed that medicine had been prescribed for her. I don't think anyone could confirm that she was taking the medication.

And what was the medication? The percentage of United States citizens who have medicines prescribed such as Zoloft, Prozac, and other anti-depressants is very high. Many medicines have cross-usage as well.

I hope we don't fall into the trap of those who believe there is something wrong with those either taking medications or seeing the kind of doctors who prescribe those medications.

I agree with the terrible part! :twocents:

Pending the issue of final reports, Hammond said, it appears to be "just a terrible accident."

Perhaps I'm reading way more into this statement than I should be but I'm thinking the "good" sheriff may just be attempting to tell us final reports will reveal what was staged to look like a terrible accident really wasn't a terrible accident.

JMHO...

Such an odd place for a vehicle to go over - be it accident, suicide, OR foul play! I truly thought the Jeep would be found off of the W or another curvy road.

Couple things. There are ways to send a vehicle over a ridge without ramming it. Put it in neutral and push it, or weigh down the gas pedal, and there's something you can do on the engine, though it escapes me at the moment. I know it's being reported that the Jeep took that boulder over with it, but I'm not sure about that yet. I don't have enough information to accept or reject that. Did the Jeep have front end or undercarriage damage consistent with hitting / dragging a 400+ lb boulder, has anything been reported on that yet? I've only heard about the extensive back end damage?

Yes, it's a strange / risky place to dispose of a vehicle if you're involved in the demise of the vehicle's owner. But it's also a really strange place to have an accident or commit suicide.

The black box contains a lot of information on how the crash happened, but it can't tell us WHO caused the crash. It can't tell us if the driver was intoxicated, unconscious, or perfectly alert. It can tell us if the driver was wearing a seatbelt or not, but not if that was a conscious choice on the part of the driver.

I'm more confused than ever, LOL. I'm still gobsmacked that the Jeep was found where it was. I am leaning less towards the accident scenario now that I've seen where the Jeep went off, but IDK...

...Peace to Gail's children, friends and loved ones...

Well said Mayqueen! Agree with your thoughts.

Had things been going well in Gail's life, I would truly believe this was just a tragic accident.

Such an odd place for a vehicle to go over - be it accident, suicide, OR foul play! I truly thought the Jeep would be found off of the W or another curvy road.

Couple things. There are ways to send a vehicle over a ridge without ramming it. Put it in neutral and push it, or weigh down the gas pedal, and there's something you can do on the engine, though it escapes me at the moment. I know it's being reported that the Jeep took that boulder over with it, but I'm not sure about that yet. I don't have enough information to accept or reject that. Did the Jeep have front end or undercarriage damage consistent with hitting / dragging a 400+ lb boulder, has anything been reported on that yet? I've only heard about the extensive back end damage?

Yes, it's a strange / risky place to dispose of a vehicle if you're involved in the demise of the vehicle's owner. But it's also a really strange place to have an accident or commit suicide.

The black box contains a lot of information on how the crash happened, but it can't tell us WHO caused the crash. It can't tell us if the driver was intoxicated, unconscious, or perfectly alert. It can tell us if the driver was wearing a seatbelt or not, but not if that was a conscious choice on the part of the driver.

I'm more confused than ever, LOL. I'm still gobsmacked that the Jeep was found where it was. I am leaning less towards the accident scenario now that I've seen where the Jeep went off, but IDK...

...Peace to Gail's children, friends and loved ones...

I continue to be amazed that she was able to navigate Hampton from the Walden Town limit sign to the point she went off the brow. I drove it again today (only the 2nd time ever) just to see if my impressions changed since I knew what to expect this time. The answer is no. Hampton from Taft Highway to the end of the Signal Mountain Town limits has a completely different feel (easy) than from that point to the East Brow Road intersection (treacherous). The contrast caught me completely by surprise the first time, as I'd always assumed the road was about the same all the way.

At the intersection with East Brow, I almost breathe a sigh of relief to finally have a decent stretch of road ahead, and I must say the view is beautiful. Yes, it curves around later, closer to the W Road intersection, but that's beside the point.

What this all tells me is that she was not an impaired driver, and that if it were an accident, something had to happen to force her to jerk the wheel at about the unluckiest moment possible. That's not to say it isn't possible, but the mental picture I had of her driving in a state of emotional upset and wrecking due to lack of focus on her driving does not work for me anymore, since she made it that far.

On East Brow, so much of the road IS protected with rock wall and guard rail. It's an amazingly short distance from the Hampton intersection to the point where she left the road. The detail about the boulder doesn't make any sense to me yet.

I saw in today's report in the Times Free Press the reference to a 23 minute gap between dropping off the children and going off the brow. That doesn't leave much time for variables. It's appearing to me that she took the shortest route possible from home to the bluff, and I'm still guessing that the convenience store stop was the store on the corner of Taft and Hampton, and that it was not a shopping trip but maybe instead a stop to talk on the phone and/or think.

I'm still wondering just how much of the final report will (or should) be released to the public. I'm doubting we'll ever get all the answers, but I do think the case will have been analyzed to the nth degree before it's closed, and that's good enough for me.

Prayers for the family and friends.

I continue to be amazed that she was able to navigate Hampton from the Walden Town limit sign to the point she went off the brow. I drove it again today (only the 2nd time ever) just to see if my impressions changed since I knew what to expect this time. The answer is no. Hampton from Taft Highway to the end of the Signal Mountain Town limits has a completely different feel (easy) than from that point to the East Brow Road intersection (treacherous). The contrast caught me completely by surprise the first time, as I'd always assumed the road was about the same all the way.

At the intersection with East Brow, I almost breathe a sigh of relief to finally have a decent stretch of road ahead, and I must say the view is beautiful. Yes, it curves around later, closer to the W Road intersection, but that's beside the point.

What this all tells me is that she was not an impaired driver, and that if it were an accident, something had to happen to force her to jerk the wheel at about the unluckiest moment possible. That's not to say it isn't possible, but the mental picture I had of her driving in a state of emotional upset and wrecking due to lack of focus on her driving does not work for me anymore, since she made it that far.

On East Brow, so much of the road IS protected with rock wall and guard rail. It's an amazingly short distance from the Hampton intersection to the point where she left the road. The detail about the boulder doesn't make any sense to me yet.

I saw in today's report in the Times Free Press the reference to a 23 minute gap between dropping off the children and going off the brow. That doesn't leave much time for variables. It's appearing to me that she took the shortest route possible from home to the bluff, and I'm still guessing that the convenience store stop was the store on the corner of Taft and Hampton, and that it was not a shopping trip but maybe instead a stop to talk on the phone and/or think.

I'm still wondering just how much of the final report will (or should) be released to the public. I'm doubting we'll ever get all the answers, but I do think the case will have been analyzed to the nth degree before it's closed, and that's good enough for me.

Prayers for the family and friends.

BBM..IMHO..IF foul play is involved I pray the whole truth will be made known in a court of law and the person/s responsible for her untimely death will be held fully accountable for their evil deed.. I will be hoping and praying Gail and her children receive justice...JMHO

December 18,2011

http://timesfreepress.com/news/2011/dec/18/black-box-from-palmgrens-jeep-searched-for-clues/

Pending the issue of final reports, Hammond said, it appears to be "just a terrible accident."

After looking at this picture, I have a very hard time believing that rock was pulled over the edge along with the jeep. To be honest, I don't believe it at all. IMO that rock was moved prior and by some kind of equipment. I am no equipment expert but I would guess some kind of front end loading thing that could just scoop it up and toss it over the edge. I think a fork lift could pick it up but might leave marks digging into the ground.

Wonder if investigators have asked jeep experts their opinion because IMO that jeep did not take that rock over the cliff.

After looking at this picture, I have a very hard time believing that rock was pulled over the edge along with the jeep. To be honest, I don't believe it at all. IMO that rock was moved prior and by some kind of equipment. I am no equipment expert but I would guess some kind of front end loading thing that could just scoop it up and toss it over the edge. I think a fork lift could pick it up but might leave marks digging into the ground.

Wonder if investigators have asked jeep experts their opinion because IMO that jeep did not take that rock over the cliff.

I agree. I don't think you could push a rock like that over that edge with a Jeep if you tried really hard. My opinion is that if Gail lost control for whatever reason and went over the edge, that Jeep would have scaled right over that rock, barely moving it, if at all. I don't believe rocks of that shape would roll on flat ground. Now, of course, it would fall all the way down if it made it to the edge, but I cannot see how the Jeep dragged that rock to the edge. JMO

IIRC.. It was first stated the rock weighed about 200 - 250 lbs and a person would be capable of moving that rock..

ETA..Like you I believe that rock was moved prior to the jeep ever going off the mountain...JMHO

I agree. I don't think you could push a rock like that over that edge with a Jeep if you tried really hard. My opinion is that if Gail lost control for whatever reason and went over the edge, that Jeep would have scaled right over that rock, barely moving it, if at all. I don't believe rocks of that shape would roll on flat ground. Now, of course, it would fall all the way down if it made it to the edge, but I cannot see how the Jeep dragged that rock to the edge. JMO

Think back of the videos we have watched of jeeps going over rocks on Big Fork Road...IF Gail lost control of the jeep or even drove off the mountain as some would like for us to believe there would have been major signs left behind...JMHO

No doubt in my mind foul play is involved.. I'm just trying to figure out how Gail's phone showed a drop in elevation at the time they claim it did...JMHO..

Also, didn't we hear the house directly across the street was vacant at the time Gail supposedly went off the mountain?

BBM..IMHO..IF foul play is involved I pray the whole truth will be made known in a court of law and the person/s responsible for her untimely death will be held fully accountable for their evil deed.. I will be hoping and praying Gail and her children receive justice...JMHO

I agree with you. If foul play is involved.

In the beginning, I was convinced this was a case of foul play, but I have to admit now that there's more evidence against foul play than for it.

If it was foul play, I think it's a strange choice of location. This happened early in the afternoon on a sunny day when the likelihood of being seen would have been great. Seems very poor planning, in sharp contrast to the precision it would have taken to force her to leave the road at the very point she would go off the mountain. Why not choose a more remote location? Makes no sense. The mountain is full of secluded places. East Brow isn't one of them.

I just can't make sense of the boulder. I'll be very interested in what the physical science analysis says about the possibilities on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat