TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please don't post things that don't have a MSM link

Any other locals watching Channel 3 hear Megan Boatright say the police had been called to the Palmgren residence today because of some type of dispute?

Any other locals watching Channel 3 hear Megan Boatright say the police had been called to the Palmgren residence today because of some type of dispute?

Yes, they said the story would be aired later this evening.

You know, I was telling my husband about what happened at the funeral today with the drama and the reporters there covering it (which didn't have to happen). And I told him that even after next week's press conference, I am going to leave the name Palmgren on my Google alerts because I just know that we are going to hear more news in the future.

I didn't expect it quite so soon . . . but I can't say I'm surprised.

this is the first I have seen this about the kids. I tried to find the original article on chattanoogan.com but was unable to. I am naturally leery about how accurate reporting is BUT let's assume the essence of this account is true. I don't think it speaks to mental illness. I think it speaks to betrayal and intentionally provoking someone.

Think about it....she is presumably out of town visiting friends. She takes the kids shopping. While shopping the kids are gone. Calling the police is the normal response. I would think the police asked her to speculate about who would take her kids. Then, oops, silly woman, they are just with a friend. This doesn't sound like some innocent incident. Frankly, it enrages me as I am thinking this through.

In some cases I think it is easier to remain open-minded about the possibility of mental-illness manifesting in paranoia and delusion. In this case Gail apparently was no more paranoid or delusional than BCBS. I mean they terminated his employment (I did see in the same article BCBS sited Gail's disappearance was a work place distraction....I don't think that is true...I may be wrong, tho.

Seriously, now I am really upset....poor Gail....shopping and her children disappear...good grief!!!

I know what you mean. To me, it was obvious that she had plots of kidnapping on her mind, because of her deteriorating marriage situation, but how did this situation appear to the people involved that day? Did she seemed too paranoid? Was she over the top? It is hard to judge by this short blurb on a website. After reading it, my first impression was that she was acting skittish, jumpy and over the top. One of the signs of a mental breakdown is paranoid thinking. Although, maybe she was just exhibiting fear, because she was in fear of her husband's possible actions. It is hard to tell when one wasn't present during this incident.

Don't know what the dispute was about, but there were three Signal squad cars parked on Ridgerock on Matt's side of the street close to his house, late this afternoon, i dont know how long they were there. Also, I'm a local and was present at the services today. For those a wondering....Tammy wasn't at the services.

Wow. I wonder if the whole family didn't want her in there or if it is just MP?

Another snippet:

Durham says she's not sure why services are being held at St. Peter's Episcopal. She says Gail attended a Catholic church on Signal Mountain.
Clive Bonnick the man who became involved in search efforts after Palmgren's disappearance has also been told to leave.
Matt Palmgren's attorney guarded front doors until 11:00 a.m. when memorial started.

BBM

That explains the reason.

Don't know what the dispute was about, but there were three Signal squad cars parked on Ridgerock on Matt's side of the street close to his house, late this afternoon, i dont know how long they were there. Also, I'm a local and was present at the services today. For those a wondering....Tammy wasn't at the services.

I have an inkling she was at the house. IMO

You know, I was telling my husband about what happened at the funeral today with the drama and the reporters there covering it (which didn't have to happen). And I told him that even after next week's press conference, I am going to leave the name Palmgren on my Google alerts because I just know that we are going to hear more news in the future.

I didn't expect it quite so soon . . . but I can't say I'm surprised.

I thought the exact same thing about the Google news alerts. EXACT same thing.

Anyway, as far as the memorial service goes, all I can say is stay classy, Matt. Stay classy.

I just want to say before the 4th Jan 2012, no matter what the results of the investigation bring about my personal opinion of Arlene has not changed. She stood up as a dear and loving friend to Gail, she acted and spoke from the heart over her dear missing friend. None of us can accuse her of lying because none of us know exactly what information and talks Gail had with Arlene….but when her friend went missing and MP behaved to the public view as he did Arlene did what any true friend would do, try and find her because she couldn’t believe Gail just walked away from her children.

In her heart she believed from information she had from Gail that MP could know something or be involved if something ever happened to Gail & as yet we don’t know if this is true or not. Even if it turns out MP was not involved, I don’t feel she owes anyone an apology as she acted on what she believe could have been true. Unlike some people on the net who hid behind made up names while trying to discredit Arlene and a few openly making it clear their dislike for Gail, Arlene came out using her real name, she put up her contact details, she spoke out (Ok not always in a manner that some liked but she sure as heck was speaking from the heart) She was prepared to take criticism, threats and make personal sacrifices just to get people to listen and believe that Gail did not just walk away. This wasn’t just someone after their five minutes of fame, there was no glory, the look on Arlene’s face as they lowered the Jeep from the mountain said it all….this was a friend who had the worst result of a search for a dear friend.

My questions at the moment are, who would have kept Gail’s name out their? Who would have searched for her? Who would have kept saying Gail didn’t walk away from her life? Arlene may not have done this with elegant words or fancy sugar coated BS, she did it as only she knew how.

Arlene is a straight talking, headstrong woman who by her straight forward speaking and the passion she threw herself into the fight to have Gail found upset some, but by god she had guts, heart and showed her true love for her friend Gail. From the last media reports re the memorial service today my heartbreaks for her and no matter what the 4th brings….she did the right thing and they found Gail.

Do I know Arlene personally…no, have I had long chats with Arlene…no. I am just someone who has watched a desperately upset woman try and prove that her dear friend Gail didn’t just walk away from her children and she needed to be found.

Sorry for the rant and this is all just my own personal feelings and opinions that I wanted to express as I sit here in my own moment of grief having lost a loved one on Christmas day due to a car accident. I have seen firsthand the markings a vehicle made when control was lost, the markings left when it hit a large rock, the torn up ground as the rock moved, the broken bits of the vehicle left many meters away from where the vehicle came to rest. I guess I don’t understand how such an accident didn’t leave behind more signs. If only the roads closer to home were search more thoroughly the time poor Gail lay out there might have been so much shorter.

RIP Gail
Keep strong Arlene and be proud.

As always these are my thought and opinions from reading, I don’t need anyone to agree or disagree with them.

Annie61: :blowkiss:

I don't know Arlene either - have never talked to her, period.

But I noticed the police didn't mind having her on the scene the day they brought the Jeep down off the mountain. Now perhaps they wanted to ask her some questions about things found in the jeep, or the jeep itself, but they had the W Road closed and didn't have to allow Arlene to be there. I choose to think that LE realized early on that for all her possible faults that AD loved Gail and wanted her found. She had nothing to gain by putting herself out there for a friend, but she did it anyway.

ETA: And I admire AD even more that she went through all this basically by herself, without bodyguards or any security. I don't think I could ever be that brave.

I watched the news at 11 on live stream and there wasn't anything additional reported, except the infomation of there being 6 officers on the scene. Here's a video of AD and more:

http://www.wrcbtv.com/global/catego...d=6595082&topVideoCatNo=123979&autoStart=true

ETA: It's very telling all the LE presence at the funeral. What exactly it's telling is up to interpretation, IMO, JMO, etc.

Given Matt called LE when he saw Arlene on Ridge Rock (or W Road, I can't remember which, it was near the house) it wouldn't surprise me if he asked for police to be at the funeral. What surprises me is that they were there and in a relatively large number. Were six officers needed to keep, what, two or three people at bay? Or perhaps the media presence there was bigger than expected?

Suzier, I get where you are coming from. One could easily make an argument that MP was laying the groundwork for Gail appearing to be mentally ill to perhaps explain an apparent suicide. Sounds diabolical, but this type of premeditation is supported by his statements prior to and after her disappearance. I have yet to see an explanation of why he did not attend the work conference that weekend, what car was purchased by he and his GF, and why he returned early. Circumstantial I know, but incredibly hinky...

This is all 100% personal speculation, not based on fact, all just my 2 cents in a devalued market:

Personally, I think he was trying to push the mental illness thing for the inevitable divorce and custody battle. And I think he was so engrossed in that, in trying to "win" the divorce and make Gail out to be the baddie that he immediately felt like a victim when Gail went missing. He felt like Gail was doing this to him, taking things out of his control, and he became angry at her. So he refused to search for her. He immediately filed paperwork against her in court, told the media and the courts she was paranoid, she'd taken tens of thousands of dollars of his stuff before she left, she was probably going to kidnap the kids and go to another country, etc. His friends posted online that Gail had taken $420,000 out of accounts and ran to another country. MP hired lawyers to plant the stories about Gail being mentally ill, about her brother killing himself (implying family history of suicide and/or reasons for despondency), all because he was angry at what he felt Gail had done to him.

It was all incredibly overdramatic stuff, really. Even skipping out on work to go buy a car with the co-worker he was sleeping with, then ending up at the police station when he returned home early, is overdramatic. Coupled with all the crazy coincidences that went on and the people who wanted to ride the wave of attention for their own personal gain, it's no wonder Gail's disappearance caught the eye of the public and the media.

Maybe it was never a crime. Maybe we're at this point right now because of a highly charged personal situation where multiple attention-starved drama queens inadvertently made an accident look like a soap opera plotline.

As for MP being "innocent," I could never personally consider him innocent. Not guilty of any criminal wrongdoing, sure. Not innocent.

Again, all of this is completely my opinion.

I am so sad for those kids right now.
Nothing like collateral damage to sink extraordinary sadness into an even deeper black hole.
:(

Given Matt called LE when he saw Arlene on Ridge Rock (or W Road, I can't remember which, it was near the house) it wouldn't surprise me if he asked for police to be at the funeral. What surprises me is that they were there and in a relatively large number. Were six officers needed to keep, what, two or three people at bay? Or perhaps the media presence there was bigger than expected?

I don't know how many off duty policemen he hired for the funeral to keep people at bay.. My understanding at this time concerning six officers is there was a disturbance at the residence late yesterday afternoon and three squad cars and six officers responded....This was mentioned on Channel 3 last night.JMHO

JMO but MP barring Arlene from the funeral is just another item for the list of suspicious (or vengeful, or control freak) actions.

The video posted upthread of Arlene crying, and saying that she wanted to attend Gail's funeral, and to be with others who knew her and cared about her, for comfort...well, it's just beyond cruel, IMO.

And Clive...he tried much, much harder that MP himself to find Gail, even tho he didn't even know Gail. He, of course, should also have been allowed to attend Gail's funeral. As far as I know, MP did nothing to try to find Gail nor assisted anyone who was trying to find her.

Regardless of whether MP is guilty or not of anything to do with Gail's demise, he has done just about everything imaginable to make himself look guilty, IMO.

I'm open-minded to the truth, whatever it may be, and I just hope that Gail's loved ones find it, and us, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand