TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My understanding is that MP has been only speaking through his lawyer. Since almost the very beginning. The tidbit about the 29th argument being at the police station is new and interesting. We were just talking about having no info on that disturbance. Makes me think they were brought in or??? But this makes the safehouse info even more ominous as the fact they were actually at SMPD raises the level of seriousness to me.

if that is true, it makes me think that one of them went there to report something, or turned into the parking lot to start to do so. and that the other was either in the car with them or followed them there to try to stop them or to tell a different story, etc. if 911 was called as reported maybe someone was trying to stop the other person from going inside? otherwise it seems like either the police station location or the 911 call would be wrong, bc why both.

One question....WHY is the article stating the were police dispatched a third time IF the couple got into an argument at the Signal Mtn police station?Third time where? Apparently, I'm not unerstanding something...

I had to go back and re-read the article as well, and I did find the third incident : " According to the reports, police were first called to the home November 17, 2010, to settle a dispute between the couple, after which Palmgren and her children left to stay with her mother-in-law."

http://www.nooga.com/5827_friends-of-missing-woman-keep-searching-for-answers-2/

Apparently someone is emailing people and telling them not to post at the Bring Gail Home Now Facebook page. Wonder who???

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bring-Gail-Home-Now/210209109009469

This is why I don't use FB for anything except WS. I wonder if it was someone recently banned from WS commenting on her disappearance?

Whoever, I hope they find out and put a stop to it. What nonsense.

Sounds like they trying to orgainize another vigil and search for next weekend. Trails and mineshafts and spreading the search beyond SG.

I'm out west and keeping my eyes open for the possibility she came out this way.....or maybe her jeep did..

if that is true, it makes me think that one of them went there to report something, or turned into the parking lot to start to do so. and that the other was either in the car with them or followed them there to try to stop them or to tell a different story, etc. if 911 was called as reported maybe someone was trying to stop the other person from going inside? otherwise it seems like either the police station location or the 911 call would be wrong, bc why both.

Didn't a local mention that the police station was very near to their house?

Wasn't April 29th was the day that they were in the car headed for the lake, and MP was fussing about wanting to take the Jeep so he could haul the boat, so he jumped out of the car and started walking back home. Maybe they just happened to be driving past the police station when the argument escalated so Gail pulled in there?

bolded by me.

Great idea!

I understand the negative messages are disheartening to the family, but through these messages information is exposed by those afraid to come forward for whatever reason (close to the situation or afraid of repercussions) that LE could investigate or sort through. To deter or delete them stops that process, IMO. Folks get upset, hold grudges, but also know important information and say a lot that could be true. IF there is a GF (past or present), they could offer information anonymously. JMVHO!

I wonder when those e-mails began. If objectionable posts have been removed from other places, such as....

...then somebody could be really searching for a place to have a voice. Would be interesting if SOMEBODY could put all these negative messages together and compare. Could even be that some posts mods might have removed from WS could be relevant. You think? Would be interesting if posts had similar style and if timeline linked together, so that as some outlets were cut off, others were opened up.

LOL....we do think alike Pearl*

THis is all we knew up until this point:

From the last thread:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6528870&postcount=292"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TN TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #3[/ame]
November 17, 2010 - Signal Mountain Police are called to the Palmgren's home in response to a verbal disorder. Police records show Matthew and Gail Palmgren had an argument over their missing dog. Gail went to spend the night with Matthew's mother at her Mountain Creek apartment.

April 22, 2011 - Signal Mountain Police respond to another verbal disorder between Matthew and Gail Palmgren. The two were fighting while stopped at a stop sign. The argument was over driving their Jeep to the lake. Matthew Palmgren got out of the car and attempted to walk home. Gail called police.

April 29, 2011 - Signal Mountain Police are dispatched on a third disorder. The couple was involved in an argument that ended with Gail Palmgren going to the family's lake house in Alabama for the night. The couple agreed she would also take their two children. The police report indicates Gail was given phone numbers of "a safe place to stay".

http://www.wrcbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=14669942

I fully realize they are not admissible in court, however they do serve as a tool to clear someone IF they have nothing to hide..Just wondering IF he was offered a LDT and if so did he or his attorney accept or decline the offer?

They are allowed in court if both attorneys agree to it...which would be a rarity. They are good investigative tools if deception is found for helping LE focus in certain direction(s).

MP is paying high price lawyer(s) and will let his expenditures do his talking for him...and highly doubt Hoss would allow a poly. Why throw something unnecessary into the mix....in his eyes?

Good thing. A little more pressure on MP....if the lawyer feels he has to become more visable. If lawyer is having to answer questions from LE....then we know the investigation is not standing still.

IMO

Would like an explanation from the media of why Matt and Gail were at the police station on the 29th. Was someone taken in and then no one pressed charges?

Wasn't April 29th was the day that they were in the car headed for the lake, and MP was fussing about wanting to take the Jeep so he could haul the boat, so he jumped out of the car and started walking back home. Maybe they just happened to be driving past the police station when the argument escalated so Gail pulled in there?

You can walk pretty much anywhere on the mountain around town. Their home is pretty much off the beaten path and with winding roads, I would imagine (my opinion) MP did it for attention, and couldn't see him really doing that from the police station.

Re: issues with Nooga article: The article stated, "The next week, on April 29, police were dispatched a third time when the couple got into an argument at the Signal Mountain Police station, after which Palmgren and her children left to go to the family's lake house in Alabama. During this dispatch, Palmgren was also given phone numbers of a safe place to stay, according to the report"

BBM - why would you dispatch - to go outside? IN MSM when it was reported initially by the SMPD (or assumed)...it would have been a notable part of the report IMO. Nooga.com is just a local site and it appears gathered information from MSM for their article, possibly making a few calls which uncovered nothing new ...IMO Has anyone contacted the author to clarify her statements? Or do they have the police report? :twocents:

No that was the 22nd. we do not know what the argument was about on the 29th. But we do know now that it somehow ended up at the PD and that is where GP was given the safe house number.

I had to go back and re-read the article as well, and I did find the third incident : " According to the reports, police were first called to the home November 17, 2010, to settle a dispute between the couple, after which Palmgren and her children left to stay with her mother-in-law."

http://www.nooga.com/5827_friends-of-missing-woman-keep-searching-for-answers-2/

I don't think Emeralgem was disputing the third incident, but whether LE was called to the residence on the 29th...or if MP/GP just showed up at the station.....maybe both. ??

No that was the 22nd. we do not know what the argument was about on the 29th. But we do know now that it somehow ended up at the PD and that is where GP was given the safe house number.

Thanks for straightening that out, JBean.

My mind is getting confused! Now I feel like deleting my post, just to maintain order. :)

I don't think Emeralgem was disputing the third incident, but whether LE was called to the residence on the 29th...or if MP/GP just showed up at the station.....maybe both. ??

It seemed to me that she was wondering "what was this third incident" they were referring to. I could have been wrong. :)

Thanks for straightening that out, JBean.

My mind is getting confused! Now I feel like deleting my post, just to maintain order. :)
OH no worries. I just wrote out a very long and brilliant post and then realized I had mixed up all the dates.:floorlaugh:
we will forget again by the next thread, so if you all remind me as we go, I can add things to the timeline to keep it all striaght.

I don't do facebook, for the most part, eventhough my granddaughter did set up a facebbok account for me, but I did view the facebook page set up for Gail and read they wanted the other mtn. searched also.. They were speaking of Lookout Mtn..
So If anyone posting on hr facebook page reads here, I have some suggestions also...Racoon Mtn, Elder Mtn, Prentice Cooper State Park, and Nick-a-Jack...At this time for some reason, I'm thinking she will not be located on Signal Mtn..JMHO

It seemed to me that she was wondering "what was this third incident" they were referring to. I could have been wrong. :)

I am confused over whether the police was dispatched to their home or IF the incident happened at the Signal Mtn Police Headquarters.. If they were both at the police station why a dispatch?

I am confused over whether the police was dispatched to their home or IF the incident happened at the Signal Mtn Police Headquarters.. If they were both at the police station why a dispatch?

I thought the same thing too. But, I just realized SMPD contracts out dispatch to Hamilton County (because of past issues) if that helps. If you go into the police department you have to ring a bell, wait for someone to come out, since they keep it locked, unless things have changed. (Also, thinking it may have a sign to call).

Signal Mountain Police are dispatched by the Hamilton County Sheriff's Office on the West Dispatch talkgroup (19600). from http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?ctid=2460

IMO, I just don't think the nooga.com article is accurate. I'd like to know if that was verified by the author and from where. That seems to be an important statement. :twocents:

K....I'm confused....

I tried to find SMPD on google maps and failed. Says it's on Ridgeway Drive...which shows up as Oliver Dr..or St, etc. It looks the like the middle of the subdivsion with houses, townhouses and garages on one side of the street..(??) Oliver St has huge pond there.

Can any of the locals clarify for me? TIA

K....I'm confused....

I tried to find SMPD on google maps and failed. Says it's on Ridgeway Drive...which shows up as Oliver Dr..or St, etc. It looks the like the middle of the subdivsion with houses, townhouses and garages on one side of the street..(??) Oliver St has huge pond there.

In a satellite view of this...... http://www.mapquest.com/?le=t&q=1111+Ridgeway+Ave+Signal+Mountain+TN+37377-3146&flv=1&vs= or by address 1111 Ridgeway Avenue.

The town pool (green looking water) is beside the SM town hall and the Gym. Across the street towards the tennis courts (which is behind them) is the Fire Department, which is adjacent to the Police Department on the corner of Ridgeway Avenue and Rolling Way. Hope that helps!

K....I'm confused....

Look for Taft Highway. Ridgeway becomes Taft though not that soon. It's at intersection of Rolling Way though. Between James Blvd. and Ridgeway which are parallel. Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pacobasal