TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OH no worries. I just wrote out a very long and brilliant post and then realized I had mixed up all the dates.:floorlaugh:
we will forget again by the next thread, so if you all remind me as we go, I can add things to the timeline to keep it all striaght.

OK--thanks for understanding!

THis is all we knew up until this point:

From the last thread:
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TN TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #3
November 17, 2010 - Signal Mountain Police are called to the Palmgren's home in response to a verbal disorder. Police records show Matthew and Gail Palmgren had an argument over their missing dog. Gail went to spend the night with Matthew's mother at her Mountain Creek apartment.

April 22, 2011 - Signal Mountain Police respond to another verbal disorder between Matthew and Gail Palmgren. The two were fighting while stopped at a stop sign. The argument was over driving their Jeep to the lake. Matthew Palmgren got out of the car and attempted to walk home. Gail called police.

April 29, 2011 - Signal Mountain Police are dispatched on a third disorder. The couple was involved in an argument that ended with Gail Palmgren going to the family's lake house in Alabama for the night. The couple agreed she would also take their two children. The police report indicates Gail was given phone numbers of "a safe place to stay".

http://www.wrcbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=14669942

You're the best, JBean.

If they were fighting at a stop sign on the way to the lake house (on april 22nd), then the kids were in the car and probably witnessed everything. If they fight so hard in front of the kids that they have to call the police, think about everything else they've seen or heard. God I hope they have talked to the kids, I think they are the keepers of all the family secrets.

Is it possible that GP left the area altogether and headed north to Knoxville to the Smokey's? There's a lot of places she could go into hiding up there.

Is it possible that GP left the area altogether and headed north to Knoxville to the Smokey's? There's a lot of places she could go into hiding up there.

It's possible she went there, its possible she went anywhere. After a whole month without so much as a call to her children, I don't think it's plausible. :(

You're the best, JBean.

If they were fighting at a stop sign on the way to the lake house (on april 22nd), then the kids were in the car and probably witnessed everything. If they fight so hard in front of the kids that they have to call the police, think about everything else they've seen or heard. God I hope they have talked to the kids, I think they are the keepers of all the family secrets.

bolded by me.

And I suppose the lawyer can stop this from happening?

I had to go back and re-read the article as well, and I did find the third incident : " According to the reports, police were first called to the home November 17, 2010, to settle a dispute between the couple, after which Palmgren and her children left to stay with her mother-in-law."

http://www.nooga.com/5827_friends-of-missing-woman-keep-searching-for-answers-2/

It is interesting that in both of the disputes that they separated, GAIL was the one who left the house/area and took the children. IMO unless there was a reason, why would you take the children from their home and their routine, instead of MP leaving? Unless there was a reason he couldn't. Just saying...

IMO.

Ah, yes indeed! I notice that divorce/family law is not among the practice areas listed. I do see other relevant possibilities, however.

http://www.davis-hoss.com/practice-areas/

Not only is family law NOT something they engage in, I went through the list you posted above and found their "showcase" specialty:

"Lawyers, Lee Davis & Bryan Hoss, have collectively been involved in over 100 First Degree murder cases in their careers. Few, if any, other law firms in south-east Tennessee have this type of experience.
No other law firm in town has these types of resources at their fingertips. If you’ve been charged with homicide, contact Davis & Hoss today."

[LINK]

Of course, retaining the top homicide defense firm in the area doesn't necessarily mean you intend to use them for that purpose (since they engage on other criminal defense) - but I guess its nice to have them in your camp from day one just in case you are ever charged with homicide, right? I mean it couldn't hurt. :innocent:

bolded by me.

And I suppose the lawyer can stop this from happening?

I honestly have no idea. I'm really, really sick today, but I'm going to try and do some research later about the laws in TN about questioning minors and see if we can clear some things up.

For Matt it's sort of a double edged sword. If he doesn't let LE talk to the kids, i'm sure he'll have to explain why and just make himself look more suspicious.

The picture we had of the police BOLO said she was last seen by her kids, so that makes me think they've spoken to them, at least to confirm that.

I honestly have no idea. I'm really, really sick today, but I'm going to try and do some research later about the laws in TN about questioning minors and see if we can clear some things up.

For Matt it's sort of a double edged sword. If he doesn't let LE talk to the kids, i'm sure he'll have to explain why and just make himself look more suspicious.

The picture we had of the police BOLO said she was last seen by her kids, so that makes me think they've spoken to them, at least to confirm that.

TheDoormouse, I am sorry to hear you are sick...take care of yourself and feel better. There are some nasty viruses going around.

If Matt doesn't let the kids talk to LE, it sure isn't going to make him look good--somehow I doubt he would explain why he wouldn't let them, though.

I was hoping for a tidbit from the media regarding the search (LE)....if they could. Has anyone caught anything on the local news?

Hope you feel better Doormouse.

I thought the same thing too. But, I just realized SMPD contracts out dispatch to Hamilton County (because of past issues) if that helps. If you go into the police department you have to ring a bell, wait for someone to come out, since they keep it locked, unless things have changed. (Also, thinking it may have a sign to call).

I found the agreement you are referring to [click here].

Part of that agreement states that HCSO agrees: "To handle all calls, which require the dispatch of Signal Mountain Police Department personnel, in accordance with Signal Mountain's operating procedures"

I was hoping for a tidbit from the media regarding the search (LE)....if they could. Has anyone caught anything on the local news?

Hope you feel better Doormouse.

Sorry, I did not have the opportunity to watch the news at all today and I haven't seen any tweets from calliestarnes concerning any searches or her disappearance.

TheDoormouse, I am sorry to hear you are sick...take care of yourself and feel better. There are some nasty viruses going around.

If Matt doesn't let the kids talk to LE, it sure isn't going to make him look good--somehow I doubt he would explain why he wouldn't let them, though.

Thanks for the well wishes everyone.

One thing I love about LE in general is how good they are at talking to people, and getting information and making it look like just conversation.

I doubt the conversation was "May we speak to your children?" "no" "okay bye."

Honestly, the way everything is being reported gives me a good feeling that LE is going somewhere with the investigation and just doesn't want to show their cards yet. I know we all just wish they'd tell us more.

if that is true, it makes me think that one of them went there to report something, or turned into the parking lot to start to do so. and that the other was either in the car with them or followed them there to try to stop them or to tell a different story, etc. if 911 was called as reported maybe someone was trying to stop the other person from going inside? otherwise it seems like either the police station location or the 911 call would be wrong, bc why both.

Maybe one of them went to the police station to report something, and the other one chased them to refute the story or maybe convince them to NOT report it.

I say this because in high school, our theater teacher was sleeping with a student. The student's mother went to the police station the minute she found out, and the teacher chased after the mother trying to stop her. They ended up fighting in the police station right in front of LE, and I had a front row seat because I worked at the chamber of commerce which was next door with only a glass wall between us. The comment about Gail and Matt's argument at the station immediately reminded me of the theater teacher incident.

I found the agreement you are referring to [click here].

Part of that agreement states that HCSO agrees: "To handle all calls, which require the dispatch of Signal Mountain Police Department personnel, in accordance with Signal Mountain's operating procedures"

jrb0124, this agreement is only from 2005-2006, or did I miss something? Wouldn't surprise me, I am having a bad hair day!

You guys let's please leave the FB situation over there. It is not anything exciting. We talked about it here on the board a few days ago but I removed it so it wouldn't blow out of proportion LOL.

As for the police report, I have information from someone that actually has the police report that is saying that they did get into their argument at the police station.

I have not seen the report so can't say I saw it myself, but am working on getting more clarification.

Regarding compiling the negative comments, they aren't even in the Google cache anymore so I don't know that any info could be gleaned from that. I don't want to go into what 2 of them said of course, but I hope it's okay to say that I personally don't think those 2 now-deleted comments were at all related to this case.

...I just realized SMPD contracts out dispatch to Hamilton County (because of past issues) if that helps. If you go into the police department you have to ring a bell, wait for someone to come out, since they keep it locked, unless things have changed. (Also, thinking it may have a sign to call).

Signal Mountain Police are dispatched by the Hamilton County Sheriff's Office on the West Dispatch talkgroup (19600). from http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?ctid=2460

I don't know whether the central 911 dispatch is Chattanooga City or Hamilton County, but I do know that several years ago Signal Mountain changed over, so that all calls go to "the" 911 dispatch. We no longer have a Signal Mountain dispatcher. In fact, a call to 911 from the mountain will connect most likely to someone who has no knowledge of our roads at all. When I had to make a call to report a traffic accident a few months ago, I had to repeat names of main roads several times. That's when I realized that 911 calls aren't even routed to anybody familiar with the Town. Frustrating. Calls to 886-2123 also go to 911 dispatch. I really don't know how a person would go about making a phone call directly to our police department. I have no doubt that calls made from the SMPD parking lot in an attempt to reach somebody inside the building...would instead go to Hamilton County/Chattanooga City.

If anybody wants to talk to a person inside the SMPD building, my advice is to go in the front door and ring the little bell.

OH! I just noticed the number at the top of the WS page for SMPD is 886-2124. Is THAT the secret number? 2123 used to do it. If 2124 is the number, WS just solved a big mystery for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214