TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, this info is coming from the attorneys...no quotes from LE. That could go both ways for GP. imo

snipped...

Assuming this is all true.

So who lets their wife or friend who is having psychotic breaks and episodes of delusions drive around with their kids?
Cannot imagine any scenario where letting a crazed woman take the kids to another location, not just once but at least twice would be reasonable.

I was telling my husband this just now, and he said "Maybe it's because they were 'flat f----- up' too."

This whole idea of Gail having "psychotic breaks" and paranoid delusions doesn't make sense, mainly because as you already stated, why did they let her have custody of the kids when this was going on?

But also, why didn't LE, her friends, and her relatives know about these psychotic problems? Why didn't someone who did know try to get her some help?

Edited to add: And did these stories affect LE's decision to search for Gail early on? If MP and his friends are all saying Gail was "flat f------ up" then surely LE could have issued some kind of APB-type of thing (I don't know what they are called) when someone who is sick is missing. I lived near a nursing home as a kid and the police had to issue these all the time when someone with dementia wandered off.

And if she was "just" paranoid, then why did Matt want the security DVR and other items back from Arlene? Surely Arlene has looked over the paperwork, if it's nothing but paranoid delusions, why would she be so determined to draw attention to what those documents say?

It just doesn't add up.

BBM Are Alabama plates placed on the front or back of the car? IF someone is following you and your tags are on the back of the car, It certainly wouldn't be difficult for them to get your tag number... Also, I do not believe a trip from Signal to Wetumpka can be made in just two hours.. So... Sorry Mr. Hoss, Mr. Davis.. I'm not believing you or your attorney friend in Alabama.. JMHO

ETA... Signal Mtn . Tennessee to Wetumptka, Alabama I-59 S to I-65 S
3 hrs 50 mins / 236.14 miles

Em, I've been on those roads down there and when there is road construction going on which seemed to be always that can really slow traffic down.

Matt isn't working now, so how is he spending his time, other than "taking care of two small children" ? (Are the children that small--one is 12 years old, no?). Do you think he is actively trying to find Gail or just letting his mouthpieces talk?

This new article does seem like a new attempt to make Gail look bad.

Absolutely. Just the other day I said we hadn't heard slams on Gail in weeks, and now here we are with this article that is a huge slam. Also PR for Matt, really, with the friends backing Matt's psychosis theory up and the lawyer stating that LE could have searched his property at any time.

Alabama tags are only on the back unless they changed that recently. I think GP was really scared for her safety. I wonder if the husband tried to make her paranoid? I remember my first husband used to tell everyone I was crazy and he would do things to make me think I was losing it, have folks call me at odd hours, some would follow me and he would tell people I was "imagining things". Thank goodness I realized his game, got a backbone, called LEO about the phone calls and gave discription of car following me. LEO came and talked to him and of course he denied it all and tried to use the she is crazy thing but they were not buying it. (They told him if I was being threatened or harrassed he and the others could be charged and sent to jail) Maybe MP was doing something similar to get her to crack, telling folks she was mental, maybe he had someone to follow her to scare her etc. She certainly thought someone was out to get her.

That's the same crap my ex-husband tried to pull on me in TN so I hired a PI and was able to prove everything. In the end, my ex-husband didn't have a leg to stand on. All his girlfriends and those that had been stalking me got pulled into court and he didn't show up for court.

Absolutely. Just the other day I said we hadn't heard slams on Gail in weeks, and now here we are with this article that is a huge slam. Also PR for Matt, really, with the friends backing Matt's psychosis theory up and the lawyer stating that LE could have searched his property at any time.

Do you think the lawyers have been reading here and noticed how many of us were curious as to whether the properties had been searched, and how many times it's been mentioned? Seems like they really went to work cooking up some damage control for MP. Pretty sly.

I would like to comment on the idea that if Gail was having a "psychotic episode", why didn't anyone stop her from taking the kids.....

Hindsight is always 20/20.

Think about it for a minute. Someone who has always been stable is on a slow downward spiral. How quickly would most people notice or react to it? If it is someone you know and are familiar with that has a few off moments, do you automatically react to it? Or do you chalk it up to them having an off moment? I know that the attorney used the term "psychotic episode"... but is it possible that it was meant more as a generic term than a clinical diagnosis? It's just like the old adage about a frog in boiling water. If you throw it into boiling water, it will jump out. If you slowly heat up the water, it won't ever seem to notice. I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the claims just because they don't make sense to you NOW. The whole ballgame has changed and everything is seen in a different light. You need to think about things as they were before she disappeared.

Also, it doesn't say in the article that the couple JUST NOW came forward with the information... it has been speculated on here for a while now that authorities most likely have had information that they have not been discussing.

Just another way of looking at the information that has been presented.

Do you think the lawyers have been reading here and noticed how many of us were curious as to whether the properties had been searched, and how many times it's been mentioned? Seems like they really went to work cooking up some damage control for MP. Pretty sly.

Not gonna work!

Tooooo little tooooooo LATE!

Actually, tooooo TRANSPARENT! :rolleyes:

Just sayin'
fran

Not gonna work!

Tooooo little tooooooo LATE!

Actually, tooooo TRANSPARENT! :rolleyes:

Just sayin'
fran

Yes!!
And then at the end of the article saying what a hard time he's having because "he has lost his wife and his job" ...give me a break. Do they think they are fooling someone?

Its pretty sad they can say all this crap when she is no longer around to defend herself. MP and his attornies ought to be ashamed of themselves.

I would like to comment on the idea that if Gail was having a "psychotic episode", why didn't anyone stop her from taking the kids.....

Hindsight is always 20/20.

Think about it for a minute. Someone who has always been stable is on a slow downward spiral. How quickly would most people notice or react to it? If it is someone you know and are familiar with that has a few off moments, do you automatically react to it? Or do you chalk it up to them having an off moment? I know that the attorney used the term "psychotic episode"... but is it possible that it was meant more as a generic term than a clinical diagnosis? It's just like the old adage about a frog in boiling water. If you throw it into boiling water, it will jump out. If you slowly heat up the water, it won't ever seem to notice. I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the claims just because they don't make sense to you NOW. The whole ballgame has changed and everything is seen in a different light. You need to think about things as they were before she disappeared.

Also, it doesn't say in the article that the couple JUST NOW came forward with the information... it has been speculated on here for a while now that authorities most likely have had information that they have not been discussing.

Just another way of looking at the information that has been presented.

bolded by me.

This information didn't come from the authorities. It came from the attorneys. There's a big difference.

Also, inserting little phrases like "psychotic episode" might not seem important now,and people might tend to not interpret it in a clinical way--in fact, it almost got past me. But by using terms like that, they are planting ideas that they could later develop into theories that Gail had drug problems, or something. That could be very useful in a courtroom if it ever came down to defending MP. I could be wrong, but maybe they are trying to pave the way for a future defense.

Yes!!
And then at the end of the article saying what a hard time he's having because "he has lost his wife and his job" ...give me a break. Do they think they are fooling someone?

He wasn't too concerned about his wife when he was in PA with his girlfriend or even after Gail went missing. He's only worried about himself and if the girlfriend is smart she will kick this sob to be curb and move on.

Its pretty sad they can say all this crap when she is no longer around to defend herself. MP and his attornies ought to be ashamed of themselves.

Disgusting no doubt. What else can someone arm themself with? Other than the crazy talk. Am soo very glad that reporters, good reporters, are taking on this case.

Wanna make a bet as to who has more friends in the end? And will vouch for the sanity, and goodness of same person. This is why I love the TRUTH sooo much.
:great:

Sometimes it takes awhile for LE to get all the facts straight. Things take time to come together. If Gail was having mental health issues the family and only close friends would know. People with mental health issues can hide it well when in public. The children may have been in fear of there mother being off a bit and taking back roads.
Sounds like Gail needed a break, re: bank accounts, change of address, removing furniture from home.
It is also very hard to get help for someone with mental health issues if they are not willing to get proffesional help. So begins the downward spiral.

Sometimes it takes awhile for LE to get all the facts straight. Things take time to come together. If Gail was having mental health issues the family and only close friends would know. People with mental health issues can hide it well when in public. The children may have been in fear of there mother being off a bit and taking back roads.
Sounds like Gail needed a break, re: bank accounts, change of address, removing furniture from home.
It is also very hard to get help for someone with mental health issues if they are not willing to get proffesional help. So begins the downward spiral.

Do you mean the downward spiral of lying and cheating on your wife, and all the energy that requires?

Gail, at Matt's request (no doubt of that) did not obtain other employment. Someone who could put a key stroker on the PC, GPS on the car, document ALL, and have the wherewithall to send to friend...not to mention keep their mouth shut, and just gather sounds thorough, not crazy to me.

He wasn't too concerned about his wife when he was in PA with his girlfriend or even after Gail went missing. He's only worried about himself and if the girlfriend is smart she will kick this sob to be curb and move on.

Exactly, Snowbunny.

If there were mental issues here I'm almost certain that Arlene or Susan would have known about it. Also why would a couple claiming that Gail was f'd up allow her to get back into the car and take off with the kids. Not buy it. Maybe they are MP's friends and they didn't care about Gail but I'm sure they would care about what happened to those kids if this were true.

FWIW, the below article and link is for someone who is out of the relationship and in the process of a divorce and SURVIVED!

I also know someone who is presently in this situation. The spouse cheated, the other spouse finally decided they'd had enough and left. The abuser has TRIED to make the survivor seem {crazy}, by LYING!...............how do I know?............the SURVIVOR told me and guess what? They don't even realize they were in a {abusive relationship}. But they were.

It's all about CONTROL!

JMHO
fran

PS...Oh, and FWIW, LE said from the get go! They found no evidence of her being mentally unstable. So,................this current info of Gail being with this couple, was NOT brought forward to LE ATTENTION on a TIMELY manner....fran

http://www.articlesbase.com/relatio...violence-survivors-2085756.html#axzz1PgrmU6uW

Domestic Violence Divorce - How Abusers Use The System To Invalidate Domestic Violence Survivors

Almost daily, I am sought out by a domestic violence survivor seeking help from being falsely accused of being mentally ill. In many of the cases, the mental healthcare diagnostics appear to be grossly improper.

But that doesn't prevent a court from making determinations about the accused. In many of these cases, the battered mothers (and abused fathers) are faced with losing custody of and, in some cases, even the essential moments of simple human contact with their children.

Once judicial decisions are made, remedies can be added on and on, with no regard for the accuracy of the original foundation underlying the initial judicial decision. We have seen domestic violence victims prevented from having unsupervised or any access to their abused children because of a clinical psychiatric diagnosis.

The sad thing here is that those directly negatively impacted, like the protective parent and children, are unaware of this ploy during its set-up and ultimate execution. Often they go along with certain procedures trusting in their sanity and hoping for justice to prevail. Then, the day comes when they awaken to the fact that they have been re-victimized by their abuser's manipulation of the psychologists and psychiatrists.

Read more: http://www.articlesbase.com/relatio...violence-survivors-2085756.html#ixzz1PguIyVUV
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution No Derivatives

bolded by me.

This information didn't come from the authorities. It came from the attorneys. There's a big difference.

Also, inserting little phrases like "psychotic episode" might not seem important now,and people might tend to not interpret it in a clinical way--in fact, it almost got past me. But by using terms like that, they are planting ideas that they could later develop into theories that Gail had drug problems, or something. That could be very useful in a courtroom if it ever came down to defending MP. I could be wrong, but maybe they are trying to pave the way for a future defense.

I didn't mean to say that this information was coming from authorities, but it also doesn't mean they didn't know about or that it was just being discovered. I actually feel bad for everyone in this case, including MP. Everything that is said by him or about him or on his behalf (or not said, for that matter) is scrutinized to the nth degree, but things that people like Arlene and Susan say are taken as absolute truth.

<modsnip remove comments about other members>

Do you mean the downward spiral of lying and cheating on your wife, and all the energy that requires?

Gail, at Matt's request (no doubt of that) did not obtain other employment. Someone who could put a key stroker on the PC, GPS on the car, document ALL, and have the wherewithall to send to friend...not to mention keep their mouth shut, and just gather sounds thorough, not crazy to me.

Exactly! Crazy not, rattled maybe! Have someone stalk you some time and it will grade on one's nerves. Gail had enough sense to put all the above together so I would say she wasn't crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez