Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_203652.asp

from the defense atty:
>>He also said he spoke to a couple in Hoover, Ala., who said Ms. Palmgren "had a psychotic episode" while at their house a week before she disappeared.

Attorney Davis said Ms. Palmgren "showed up uninvited" and spent two nights with the family friends.

He said the husband, an attorney, told him, "Gail was flat f----- up. She was out of her mind."

The couple said Ms. Palmgren had her two children with her, and she noted she had not gotten them any Easter candy. They said the wife took Ms. Palmgren to a store and they became separated. Ms. Palmgren then called the police on the couple, claiming they were trying to take her children away from them.

They said that weekend Ms. Palmgren told them she believed someone was following her and trying to get her tag number.

The husband said she took side roads on their way to their house from her lake house - and the trip took four and a half hours instead of the normal two hours.<<

BBM Are Alabama plates placed on the front or back of the car? IF someone is following you and your tags are on the back of the car, It certainly wouldn't be difficult for them to get your tag number... Also, I do not believe a trip from Signal to Wetumpka can be made in just two hours.. So... Sorry Mr. Hoss, Mr. Davis.. I'm not believing you or your attorney friend in Alabama.. JMHO

ETA... Signal Mtn . Tennessee to Wetumptka, Alabama I-59 S to I-65 S
3 hrs 50 mins / 236.14 miles

I'm assuming the kids told their father she took back roads home.
This should be easy to verify by the police asking them.

I wouldn't take back roads if I thought someone was tailing me, the more people around the better.
ETA: (edit to add)
Mr Davis has some story.

IMO

BBM -
You are right about 'some story', wow! So, this story shouldn't matter, this is not about the 29th trip anyway. They just referred to it as that weekend, Easter was April 24th. If he was worried, WHY did he leave town on a supposed conference the next few days (which we know the outcome of that) and if concerned for the children or GP's well-being, on the 29th he would have told police to have GP leave the kids with him and GP go somewhere for the 'cool down' period.

Therefore, he didn't believe for one minute she couldn't take care of the children, which speaks volumes or MP had other plans after his trip back from PA, nonetheless, the kids weren't a concern. IMHO!

This Chattanoogan article is just payback for the previous ones, imo.
<snipped for space>

Once again, this is an Ad Hominem attack on a missing woman by a husband and his attorney who are spinning like there's no tomorrow on a day when a major search is going on. Remember what Signal Mountain police said - they saw no evidence of a mental problem. They have never changed that position. There is still an ongoing investigation centered on the husband.

AND IMO a little slimy if you ask me putting Carol's full name out there KNOWING she was uncomfortable with that on the second interview!

Is this the expectation of what's to come with other witnesses that come forward? :sigh:

BBM -
You are right about 'some story', wow! So, this story shouldn't matter, this is not about the 29th trip anyway. They just referred to it as that weekend, Easter was April 24th. If he was worried, WHY did he leave town on a supposed conference the next few days (which we know the outcome of that) and if concerned for the children or GP's well-being, on the 29th he would have told police to have GP leave the kids with him and GP go somewhere for the 'cool down' period.

Therefore, he didn't believe for one minute she couldn't take care of the children, which speaks volumes or MP had other plans after his trip back from PA, nonetheless, the kids weren't a concern. IMHO!

Oh, exactly! Excellent point!

He wasn't exactly calling home from his own trip to make sure that Gail and the kids were safe while he was away, because the whole trip was a well-planned lie and a sham on company time.

If he believed his wife was in such a depressed mental state, and worried for his children, then surely he would have called a doctor - surely he knows a few doctors, working at BC/BS in the pharmacy sector, for heaven's sake! :maddening: This really makes no sense to me. Nothing he has said so far leads me to think he tried to get help for his distressed wife, and that speaks volumes.

I believe his mind was elsewhere.

And that comment about the Easter candy is still bugging me. She and the kids weren't at home, so why did they need candy? Maybe they were planning to have Easter with their grandmother. Maybe they had tons of candy at home. I wouldn't necessarily drag my kids Easter Baskets around in the car either, no matter where I was going. Why is that even relevant, except as a slam? :banghead:

BBM Are Alabama plates placed on the front or back of the car? IF someone is following you and your tags are on the back of the car, It certainly wouldn't be difficult for them to get your tag number... Also, I do not believe a trip from Signal to Wetumpka can be made in just two hours.. So... Sorry Mr. Hoss, Mr. Davis.. I'm not believing you or your attorney friend in Alabama.. JMHO

ETA... Signal Mtn . Tennessee to Wetumptka, Alabama I-59 S to I-65 S
3 hrs 50 mins / 236.14 miles
Don't forget, plus add time to allow for two kids, the dogs and pit stops... :)

Why has it taken so long for this couple story about Gail only come out now, if I had a friend turn up in that condition then found they went missing days later I would be saying &#8220;hey everyone we need to find her she could be confused and lost&#8221;&#8230;.that&#8217;s just how I see it.

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_203652.asp

Is this the same (friend) couple mentioned in this article, were Arlene said she left the lake house and went to stay with them, she was meant to have left jewellery with this friend. Seems to be the same dates.

http://chattanoogan.com/articles/article_203035.asp

Two very different versions of that event if it is the same couple and no mention of her leaving jewellery.

I hope some answer are found soon for all of Gails family and friends.
Thinking of Gail

LE needs to get to the bottom of this case stat.
No more pussyfooting around.
IMO

AND IMO a little slimy if you ask me putting Carol's full name out there KNOWING she was uncomfortable with that on the second interview!

Is this the expectation of what's to come with other witnesses that come forward? :sigh:

Has the sighting or the whereabouts of CC been corroborated? Someone early posted there is a road in Chattanooga with her name. That is a very old family name in the area.....and currently popular in news......debated appointment: ????

http://www.hamiltontn.gov/mayor/Bio.aspx

LE needs to get to the bottom of this case stat.
No more pussyfooting around.
IMO

I agree, but at this point in time, it's in their hands and I say let them cross their "t's" and dot their "i's" from now on! We don't need ANY technicalities! Patience! :banghead:

In the article, Davis states that Gail was having a "psychotic episode"--that is a pretty strong statement. I looked up the definition of psychotic episode and I can't imagine Gail having one, and if she were, how could her friends let her drive with the children, etc?

from the link below: "Psychosis is a symptom or feature of mental illness typically characterized by radical changes in personality, impaired functioning, and a distorted or nonexistent sense of objective reality."

Also, re psychotic patients: "They experience hallucinations and/or delusions that they believe are real, and may behave and communicate in an inappropriate and incoherent fashion. "

http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Psychotic+episodes

Has anyone checked the Lake at the Lake house????
Did she ever really come home?

Alabama tags are only on the back unless they changed that recently. I think GP was really scared for her safety. I wonder if the husband tried to make her paranoid? I remember my first husband used to tell everyone I was crazy and he would do things to make me think I was losing it, have folks call me at odd hours, some would follow me and he would tell people I was "imagining things". Thank goodness I realized his game, got a backbone, called LEO about the phone calls and gave discription of car following me. LEO came and talked to him and of course he denied it all and tried to use the she is crazy thing but they were not buying it. (They told him if I was being threatened or harrassed he and the others could be charged and sent to jail) Maybe MP was doing something similar to get her to crack, telling folks she was mental, maybe he had someone to follow her to scare her etc. She certainly thought someone was out to get her.

In the article, Davis states that Gail was having a "psychotic episode"--that is a pretty strong statement. I looked up the definition of psychotic episode and I can't imagine Gail having one, and if she were, how could her friends let her drive with the children, etc?

from the link below: "Psychosis is a symptom or feature of mental illness typically characterized by radical changes in personality, impaired functioning, and a distorted or nonexistent sense of objective reality."

Also, re psychotic patients: "They experience hallucinations and/or delusions that they believe are real, and may behave and communicate in an inappropriate and incoherent fashion. "

http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Psychotic+episodes
Thanks Columbo. One of the initial articles specifically dismissed the claims by MP regarding her mental state. Bolded by me.

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2011/may/07/police-searching-missing-signal-woman/?local
Durham, one of Gail Palmgren&#8217;s relatives and the police detective heading the investigation, strongly dismissed questions about Gail Palmgren&#8217;s mental state.
&#8220;If she has psychiatric issues, then I&#8217;m the queen of England,&#8221; Durham said. &#8220;Ask anyone: Gail is smart and has a good head on her shoulders.&#8221;

Signal Mountain police Detective James Tizzio said his investigation had uncovered no psychiatric issues with the missing woman.

Since that time, NOBODY has come up with any additional information which would support the defense attorneys allegations of psychotic episodes. What it DID point to IMHO, is that she was focused (although frightened) and, on-point in her preparations to exit the relationship.

This is just a poor attempt at a rebuttal of sorts for all the negative press towards MP and may I add---facts brought forth. Affair...scrupulous activities at BCBS the days prior to GP going missing. The lawyers said they they had no problem with LE checking the houses, etc in the beginning.....so what has changed in the past 7 weeks? Er.....^^ for Matt? Not only did he have a few days to straighten up before calling LE, but he's had weeks since. Who's to say he's not planted things to point more negativity toward GP? Why is the DA's office making an agreement with the investigators? Is MP trying to put the ernst of possible findings on GP...or even the gf at this point?

Circumstances have kept me away for over 2 weeks now. An arrest, or named POI? No

But faith in MSM is alive and well in the form of The Chattanoogan, and Arlene. High powered jobs gone, gumshoes sniffing everywhere...I've a very good feeling about this.

Looked again, and it seemed that I feel there will be a good outcome. I do not. Not from the 1st day missing in a bright red Jeep. I DO feel good that justice is on it's way, and soon.

Alabama tags are only on the back unless they changed that recently. I think GP was really scared for her safety. I wonder if the husband tried to make her paranoid? I remember my first husband used to tell everyone I was crazy and he would do things to make me think I was losing it, have folks call me at odd hours, some would follow me and he would tell people I was "imagining things". Thank goodness I realized his game, got a backbone, called LEO about the phone calls and gave discription of car following me. LEO came and talked to him and of course he denied it all and tried to use the she is crazy thing but they were not buying it. (They told him if I was being threatened or harrassed he and the others could be charged and sent to jail) Maybe MP was doing something similar to get her to crack, telling folks she was mental, maybe he had someone to follow her to scare her etc. She certainly thought someone was out to get her.

I have a problem with him claiming she had mental problems, and was paranoid about people following her yet she comes up missing and he doesn't do anything to find out what may have happened to her... From what I have gleaned he's still maintaining his stance she just took off, and has never acknowledged she may have been in real danger....JMHO

This is just a poor attempt at a rebuttal of sorts for all the negative press towards MP and may I add---facts brought forth. Affair...scrupulous activities at BCBS the days prior to GP going missing. The lawyers said they they had no problem with LE checking the houses, etc in the beginning.....so what has changed in the past 7 weeks? Er.....^^ for Matt? Not only did he have a few days to straighten up before calling LE, but he's had weeks since. Who's to say he's not planted things to point more negativity toward GP? Why is the DA's office making an agreement with the investigators? Is MP trying to put the ernst of possible findings on GP...or even the gf at this point?

BBM..My thoughts exactly....JMHO

Which appears to change July 1...per MP's representation's blog.

http://davis-hoss.blogspot.com/2011/05/legislature-loosens-warrant.html

and to what they are referring to The Exclusionary Rule Reform Act: Tennessee

I think if at this point I were local LE, I'd wait a few more weeks (would it really make a difference now)...JMHO the timing is convenient.

http://wapp.capitol.tn.gov/apps/billinfo/BillSummaryArchive.aspx?BillNumber=SB0559&ga=107

It would be in the best interest of MP's attorneys, imo. Should LE make any typos in their findings or step over the boundaries of the agreement.....it would not stick to be presented to the courts, at this time. Let's hope they take their time and are meticulous.

Interesting that these alleged friends come out now, weeks after Gail has been missing, and say she was acting strange. Where were they when LE needed them?..........................sorry, I'm NOT buying it.

Who's friends were they, anyway? Gails? or Matts?

I'm watching a murder trial now where the husband's ex-fiance just testified that a few years earlier when they were out of town with HIS group of friends for a wedding, when he attacked her in their hotel room and she escaped and went to one of HIS friends rooms for protection, the rest of the weekend she was ostercised by the group. So much so, in fact, that she was not invited to the next get together..........Yeah, it was her fault! NOT! Now he's on trial for murder of his wife. :(

Sorry, not buying it. Who's friend is this alleged witness? Oh, and who's criminal defense attorney is telling us of this alleged incident?

I thought so.

Where is Gail?

fran

ETA to PS........Anyone who cheats on their spouse is someone who CANNOT be trusted. They liars! ......just sayin............fran

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member