TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BeanE said:
IIRC, per the news articles, Arlene did more than just post flyers.

Batesville. Wasn't that where Arlene got Tammy's phone numbers and tried to call her?

Drove by Tammy's house?

Found Tammy's ex-husband and talked with him?

No way would a detective send a text like to someone just for posting flyers.
BeanE said:
(So far as SMM selling her book etc, just look at her two blog posts about Gail. Only half is about Gail and her plight. The other half is all a big fat ad. I'm dead set against the exploitation of victims and their families for making money. I have a dear friend who's the close relative of a missing little baby, and the pain all these exploiters cause the families, and their interference in finding out what happened to the missing person, and the lengths they go to in order to make a buck, regardless of the impact to the victim and the family and LE, gets under my skin in a BIG way.)

BBM ~ BeanE, I was wondering if you would supply us with those MSM LINKS, as I do not recall reading anything about what you have stated in the comment above. I look forward to reading those articles or watching those news reports.:waitasec: Thanks

Sleuthy: This article has the stuff about Arlene going to Batesville, and also talking to Mr. Helton, who actually lives in Ider, AL, and not in MS.

http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publishe...picId=100020825&docId=l:1439930104&isRss=true

I hope that Arlene didn't do anything that would be considered harassment of Tammy Helton. But what I don't understand is why the SMPD would call Arlene instead of calling the local Batesville police? :waitasec:

Frankly I think she did Mr. Helton a favor in calling him since he didn't know about the affair his ex-wife was having with MP. He's another victim as far as I'm concerned.

Oh I absolutely agree, Pearl. It's terrible to take advantage of someone who's ill. e.g. Someone is bending over, clutching their chest, look of pain on their face... and you pick their pocket!!!!

And definitely it's terrible regarding someone having some sort of mental episode, to pretend it's worse than it is in order to exploit them or a situation, or gain some advantage or control over them, etc.

So what's terrible is not saying someone is paranoid or delusional, in and of itself. No moreso than saying someone is having chest pains or low blood sugar or broke their leg.

I have to disagree with that. "Diagnosing" someone as paranoid or delusional without any real medical analysis is the same thing as waving your finger in a circle to show that someone is crazy.

ETA: I would like to see any evidence that Gail was being treated for delusions or a "mental episode." If MP was that concerned about her, why did he leave to go on a trip the week before she disappeared? That dog won't hunt, in my opinion.

And no mother would be turned down for custody for having low blood sugar or a broken leg. MP couldn't tell a Judge that he didn't want his wife to pick up kids from school because she had hypoglycemia or diabetes. JMOO :cow:

<snipped>

BeanE;6749317]

I think Gail was a wonderful woman who was just fine and good to those around her for all of her 44 years of her life, up until just one week before she disappeared, when for some reason, she suddenly became paranoid and delusional. Sure, it could have been the stress of her situation, but that would be unusual for a woman her age. I'm trying to figure out what else could have caused that, and I'm very concerned about what I'm finding in my research.

Curious as why you think stress "at her age" would be unusual? Could you state your source of research for that?

Not doubting you....just interested. TIA

There's a terrible ripple effect going on here, with innocent children involved and a missing woman whose only fault seems to be that she trusted some of the wrong people and confided in others who are making her disappearance their mission in life.

YES. A pattern seems to be evolving, where, in my opinion, certain people genuinely want to help, but in the meanwhile, they are appreciating the unexpected attention and notoriety coming their way. Admiration feels a heck of a lot better than grief, and I think it can become a dangerous substitute.

Can anybody clarify what Gail's family would like to see happening in this case? Are they ok with all the media stuff, or do they wish it would stop? Do they want AD, SMM, and FB to keep talking and doing? Or even WS? We're part of this too.

I really think their wishes should be respected unless there is a clear indication it would be harmful to the case. Can anybody say what the family wants?

I would also like to know what LE wants, and what Gail's family wants. I wish it was known, and respected, in all the cases that are followed on the internet, what LE's preferences are, and what the families' preferences are.

I know, particularly from my friendship with the family of a missing person, how terrible the pain is that they go through from internet and media stuff, how much it interferes with the investigations, and how exploitative some of it is.

YES. A pattern seems to be evolving, where, in my opinion, certain people genuinely want to help, but in the meanwhile, they are appreciating the unexpected attention and notoriety coming their way. Admiration feels a heck of a lot better than grief, and I think it can become a dangerous substitute.

I think the media - not just SMM - has fanned Arlene's flames and desperation to find her friend. I base that on some of reporter tweets and a few lines in a few news articles. It seems that early on, LE would not even acknowledge to the media that Gail was a missing person, and that that frustrated some media, so they turned to Arlene, who was also frustrated, and it went from there.

Oh I absolutely agree, Pearl. It's terrible to take advantage of someone who's ill. e.g. Someone is bending over, clutching their chest, look of pain on their face... and you pick their pocket!!!!

I just want to be sure my meaning didn't get lost in the transfer. I do not believe this is a case where anybody took advantage of anybody's illness.

Was Gail diagnosed with a mental illness? If so, I'm not aware of it.

I think the media - not just SMM - has fanned Arlene's flames and desperation to find her friend. I base that on some of reporter tweets and a few lines in a few news articles. It seems that early on, LE would not even acknowledge to the media that Gail was a missing person, and that that frustrated some media, so they turned to Arlene, who was also frustrated, and it went from there.

Oh, I completely agree. I think the media is taking advantage of Arlene. We all know the media's motive is to have those ratings high and get the story FIRST!

They have capitalized on Arlene's grief and desperation, and I think that's obscene.

<snipped>

Curious as why you think stress "at her age" would be unusual? Could you state your source of research for that?

Not doubting you....just interested. TIA

Well, I'm still in the process of researching, so not ready to put it all together for publication yet, but what I'm finding so far is that sudden onset mental stuff happens most frequently at college age, then during menopause. Gail is too old for one, and too young for the other.

I started researching because whereas I've known lots of women whose husbands, boyfriends, significant others had affairs, and the women got mighty upset, and at times engaged in behavior that fell somewhat outside the norm (e.g. following them around to try to 'catch' them), I've never known a single woman in that situation to become psychotic, paranoid, delusional, etc. It kept bothering me, so... I starting reading up.

And as often happens, the more I read, and the more I refined the timeline and saw that Gail was perfectly alright by all reports for 44 years up until exactly just one week before she disappeared, the more it's bothered me.

Especially, if I may say so, because of her husband's education, training, and profession. Pharmacology.

Sleuthy: This article has the stuff about Arlene going to Batesville, and also talking to Mr. Helton, who actually lives in Ider, AL, and not in MS.

http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publishe...picId=100020825&docId=l:1439930104&isRss=true

I hope that Arlene didn't do anything that would be considered harassment of Tammy Helton. But what I don't understand is why the SMPD would call Arlene instead of calling the local Batesville police? :waitasec:

Frankly I think she did Mr. Helton a favor in calling him since he didn't know about the affair his ex-wife was having with MP. He's another victim as far as I'm concerned.
Hello ThoughtFox and thank you for the LINK. I was aware of the articles and have read it several times. I still am not sure how BeanE came up with the other information he/she shared with us. BeanE stated AD DROVE BY the NEW HOME, CALLED TH SEVERAL TIMES and a couple other things...and bEANe STATED THAT INFORMATION CAME FROM ARTICLES. I would like to read the articles in which this information is stated and asked BeanE for a LINK. I appreciate your LINK but I don't see where any of the other statements are explained. Except for the fact that TH ex husband lives in Ider, Alabama (not Batesville):waitasec:

I just want to be sure my meaning didn't get lost in the transfer. I do not believe this is a case where anybody took advantage of anybody's illness.

Was Gail diagnosed with a mental illness? If so, I'm not aware of it.

Oh no, not that I know of. No diagnosis. I'm certainly not qualified or in a situation to diagnose. I'm speculating based on what info is known, specifically, multiple reports from multiple people of behavior/incidents outside the norm, the anecdotal stuff, and also mostly that LE gave her the Endangered category when there are no reports of her having any physical condition.

It's purely my opinion, based on the information currently available. I'm always ready to turn on a dime as new info becomes available.

Hello ThoughtFox and thank you for the LINK. I was aware of the articles and have read it several times. I still am not sure how BeanE came up with the other information he/she shared with us. BeanE stated AD DROVE BY the NEW HOME, CALLED TH SEVERAL TIMES and a couple other things...and bEANe STATED THAT INFORMATION CAME FROM ARTICLES. I would like to read the articles in which this information is stated and asked BeanE for a LINK. I appreciate your LINK but I don't see where any of the other statements are explained. Except for the fact that TH ex husband lives in Ider, Alabama (not Batesville):waitasec:

Lol. Well it looks like I did have Batesville right:

She drove to Batesville and rode by the house where Tammy Helton now lives.

The phone calls:

She got the cellphone and work phone of Tammy Helton, but she only got voice mail when she dialed.

I'm always more than happy to provide links. Always. I gotta slew of 'em, and it's no trouble at all to pull them.

For the above:
http://casesignal.wordpress.com/2011/06/23/gail-palmgren-news-articles-videos-may-2011/

Well, I'm still in the process of researching, so not ready to put it all together for publication yet, but what I'm finding so far is that sudden onset mental stuff happens most frequently at college age, then during menopause. Gail is too old for one, and too young for the other.

I started researching because whereas I've known lots of women whose husbands, boyfriends, significant others had affairs, and the women got mighty upset, and at times engaged in behavior that fell somewhat outside the norm (e.g. following them around to try to 'catch' them), I've never known a single woman in that situation to become psychotic, paranoid, delusional, etc. It kept bothering me, so... I starting reading up.

And as often happens, the more I read, and the more I refined the timeline and saw that Gail was perfectly alright by all reports for 44 years up until exactly just one week before she disappeared, the more it's bothered me.

Especially, if I may say so, because of her husband's education, training, and profession. Pharmacology.

I think this is interesting and would like to read your final product when you finish your research.

The college-age and menopausal-age risk periods make sense to me, due to hormonal fluctuations that would be going on during those times.

A question, however, would be whether your comparison cases had stress to rise to the level of that Gail must have been going through. For instance, being literally in fear for her life. When a spouse has an affair, devastating as it is, that fear of being killed is not usually part of the picture.

Have you found cases to parallel this factor?

:twocents:Yes...the couple in Birmingham, Alabama (Hoover,AL) is the same couple that GP left her jewelry with for safe keeping. NOW....the husband (Mr. G) is the attorney that is suppose to be representing MP in his wrongful termination suit against BCBS of TN. Mr. G's wife was also one of the ppl who GP had confided in about her finding out from Gail's P.I. that MP was cheating on GP. Later, ppl became aware that Mr. G's wife had called MP to tell him what GP knew about MP's cheating ways. That the person she confided in AND TRUSTED... had betrayed her:loser: By calling MP and telling him what she knew....and by giving back the jewelry that GP had entrusted Mr. G to keep safe for GP. Some friend huh ???:banghead:

Mr. G.? We have a name for the Birmingham friend(s)?

Gail told the Birmingham friends what the PI found out?

Do we have an article for the name and that Gail told them what the PI found out?

Thanks!

Bump. Does anyone know where the names came from, or that Gail told the Birmingham people what the PI had told her?

bolded by me.

I'm not saying I go along with those who said she was paranoid and delusional, but at 44 she was at an age where she could be experiencing peri-menopause. That's when menopause can gradually start--some women actually go through real menopause much earlier than others.

Seems this is long overdue (Palmgren home searched).

http://chattanoogan.com/articles/article_203961.asp

It sure seems like it. I don't understand why not sooner. On the SMM show yesterday,Arlene said that LE told her they didn't have "probable cause" to search the Palmgren home and properties. It seems as if the man's wife being missing should be "probable cause" enough, but what do I know?

Thank you. Have to say I've had the same thoughts, as the stress levels seem to appear on specific days of the week resulting in her calling LE, and eventually leaving the home. It could be from well orchestrated mental abuse.....but other means could be a possibility....or a mixture of the two.

There's a terrible ripple effect going on here, with innocent children involved and a missing woman whose only fault seems to be that she trusted some of the wrong people and confided in others who are making her disappearance their mission in life. Let's please not blame the victim, thanks. :twocents:[/QUOTE]

Well said and my sentiments exactly. I am so worried about Gail as are many of my friends and co-workers. I do pray that she has gone somewhere safe...she has been through so much grief already, would love to see her re-united with her children whom I know she loves dearly. I about jumped out of my skin when I saw a red jeep the other day with the same wheel cover but was not a Rubicon. She is on my mind daily...where are you Gail?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tattvaspa895