TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Without that job, if he can't get hold of Gail's money, he may not have that girlfriend any more either.

He's a big spender too. $20,000 then 3 weeks later another $20,000 plus $400 from the ATM every couple days - phew!

Unless he had stock options as perks to get him by? Some savings. Can't sell any of the houses. No income, drinking problem and gf who lives pretty far away. ??? I really can't see him maintaining the children tbh...I think Gma will.

This is just too good not to share.... Maybe I can make it relevant in speaking of the terrain on this mountain and all the wild creatures that search parties should be aware of in these woods? The video was recorded from the officer's patrol car on Friday night, as he hit a black bear cub and pushed it down the road before it disappeared into the trees. In recent years, we also have had publicity on Signal for coyote populations and mountain lion sightings, in addition to the foxes, bobcats, and many more. Just a few more reasons that amateur search parties up here present a significant risk.

http://www.wrcbtv.com/global/video/...g=News&undefined&activePane=info&rnd=76859148

I didn't realize that she might have given the information to the media because of anyone's advice! I thought she did it on her own...but that was just my thought, I had no idea anyone might have been telling her to do that.

I am speculating that she ran this by someone first-an attorney, someone? "Hey I have this evidence, Matt wants it, LE wants it, Gail told me to keep it I dont know what to do..."

So, what help has she been given to sort this out? Why send material essential to the case out of state? I am so puzzled, and I am really really confused at Ms. Milano's role here.

Arlene deserves peace-she has done her due diligence on behalf of Gail. And any teeny tiny bit of information that might help in the discovery of Gail belongs in the hands of law enforcement imo. Just in my opinion. If she has been advised otherwise, well then there you go.

This is about finding Gail. Le wants to find Gail, Arlene wants to find Gail, Gail's family wants to find Gail. What gives here?

I dont want to make this thread about poor Arlene-but I wonder on what her credibility will look like should this make it to trial. I am in her corner, but I am in Gail's first and foremost. I hope Arlene is protected from all of the potential ramifications of the information she has shared. I am sure her desire to do so came from a good place.

As for Matt, I saw references to the withdrawals and ATM withdrawals and reference to a drinking problem-has this been confirmed somewhere or is it included in the statements Arlene has been making?

TIA

I dont want to make this thread about poor Arlene-but I wonder on what her credibility will look like should this make it to trial. I am in her corner, but I am in Gail's first and foremost. I hope Arlene is protected from all of the potential ramifications of the information she has shared. I am sure her desire to do so came from a good place.

As for Matt, I saw references to the withdrawals and ATM withdrawals and reference to a drinking problem-has this been confirmed somewhere or is it included in the statements Arlene has been making?

TIA

bolded by me.

Arlene said in the interview with SMM that one of Gail's biggest fears was that Matt would have an accident driving drunk with the children in the car. According to Arlene, Gail pleaded with him to just tell his boss he has a problem drinking, and get help for it. Then Arlene mentioned that Matt was bragging about a $1600 or $1800 bar bill when they went on vacation to St. Martin's. (this is something to brag about???) Also--Arlene mentioned that he drank a tremendous amount of beer in one day--she specified the amount but I cannot remember exactly the amount now. Just that it was a lot of beer.

Since this is all coming from Arlene and hasn't been in MSM, it has to be called "rumor".

Piggy backing on your other quote further on in the thread with this one...why would Ms Milano believe that LE should contact her regarding their investigation? Is she indicating she is a party to information that they need to solve the disappearance?

I must be the lone wolf here, lol, but I am shocked that a responsible member of the media and someone who is absolutely a case player would get together and create a situation where they are telegraphing evidence that LE has not confirmed, some of which is not in their possession?

On top of that, they may possibly be hamstringing the investigation. Interfering with it-Arlene needs some better advice than she is getting. JMVHO.

I think LE should be allowed to do their job and unfold this the way they believe is best. There is no indication still that this is NOT an active investigation.

My heart hurts for Arlene. My heart hurts for Gail's family and most of all for her children.

I agree here. Not only do we now have two outlets giving out info that LE may not want revealed or giving out false info (not intentionally but in error), but we are all speculating on a lot of stuff right now that is based on Arlene's own speculations.

I think Arlene has good intentions and I know she's hurting. I don't dislike Arlene, but I just cannot shake my own personal feeling that she exaggerates. I'm basing that on comments she made on FB that she later deleted because they were inflammatory. She has complained openly about LE, Gail's relatives, WS, other friends of Gail's who she's decided haven't done enough, etc. There is an overall urgency and importance that she gives to every single detail she talks about. Nothing is just some plain old detail, everything is a Great Big Clue, she was there for every important thing that happened, etc.

To me, honestly, it does seem weird that she was there for the security DVR and the GPS and the PIN changes and numerous other things. It's such an odd coincidence. It doesn't feel right to me. Just my opinion, of course.

This is just too good not to share.... Maybe I can make it relevant in speaking of the terrain on this mountain and all the wild creatures that search parties should be aware of in these woods? The video was recorded from the officer's patrol car on Friday night, as he hit a black bear cub and pushed it down the road before it disappeared into the trees. In recent years, we also have had publicity on Signal for coyote populations and mountain lion sightings, in addition to the foxes, bobcats, and many more. Just a few more reasons that amateur search parties up here present a significant risk.

http://www.wrcbtv.com/global/video/...g=News&undefined&activePane=info&rnd=76859148

The poor cub! The way he got right up and ran he didn't appear to be hurt.

But you are right, it never would have occurred to me there is lots of wildlife on the mountain and a big risk to searchers! Especially, as the announcer said, an injured bear is not going to be very friendly. (not that any of them are).

I agree here. Not only do we now have two outlets giving out info that LE may not want revealed or giving out false info (not intentionally but in error), but we are all speculating on a lot of stuff right now that is based on Arlene's own speculations.

I think Arlene has good intentions and I know she's hurting. I don't dislike Arlene, but I just cannot shake my own personal feeling that she exaggerates. I'm basing that on comments she made on FB that she later deleted because they were inflammatory. She has complained openly about LE, Gail's relatives, WS, other friends of Gail's who she's decided haven't done enough, etc. There is an overall urgency and importance that she gives to every single detail she talks about. Nothing is just some plain old detail, everything is a Great Big Clue, she was there for every important thing that happened, etc.

To me, honestly, it does seem weird that she was there for the security DVR and the GPS and the PIN changes and numerous other things. It's such an odd coincidence. It doesn't feel right to me. Just my opinion, of course.

bolded by me.

Good points, glorias....You could be very right. Sometimes I'm swayed by the emotional aspect of people, when they are in such distress, like Arlene is. Also that she seems so straightforward and down to earth.

About the PIN numbers and Arlene being there with Gail when she was trying to access the accounts: That does seem a little odd, now that you mention it. Wouldn't Gail want to be more private about her financial assets, since they were so large? Or was she feeling in so much danger that she would have revealed these things to Arlene?

I am speculating that she ran this by someone first-an attorney, someone? "Hey I have this evidence, Matt wants it, LE wants it, Gail told me to keep it I dont know what to do..."

So, what help has she been given to sort this out? Why send material essential to the case out of state? I am so puzzled, and I am really really confused at Ms. Milano's role here.

Arlene deserves peace-she has done her due diligence on behalf of Gail. And any teeny tiny bit of information that might help in the discovery of Gail belongs in the hands of law enforcement imo. Just in my opinion. If she has been advised otherwise, well then there you go.

This is about finding Gail. Le wants to find Gail, Arlene wants to find Gail, Gail's family wants to find Gail. What gives here?

bolded by me.

That business about sending the materials out of state is really confusing to me, too--which state did she send it to, and to whom or where? I thought possibly it was just a way to deflect anyone who might want to try to get the items, papers, whatever, from Arlene. Maybe they are in a safe deposit box. Didn't Arlene say something about she promised Gail "on her life" that she would not give away the DVR--or give it back to Matt ? (do I have that right?).

Well, I wasn't confused, but I sure am now.

The information Arlene shared, the information that Arlene tried to give to LE, and that LE didn't even want, is material essential to the case?

Why didn't LE want material essential to the case? Why didn't they take it when Arlene tried to give it to them?

Or is it that Arlene is lying? She never went to LE? She never tried to give them this stuff?

And this has escalated to a point where this is going to be bad for her and have ramifications at a trial?

Am I going to end up in legal trouble with ramifications at a trial because I put material essential to a case that's supposed to be secret on my mindmap? Do I need to call my attorney?

Woo doggie. Is this ever some situation.

Well, I wasn't confused, but I sure am now.

The information Arlene shared, the information that Arlene tried to give to LE, and that LE didn't even want, is material essential to the case?

Why didn't LE want material essential to the case? Why didn't they take it when Arlene tried to give it to them?

Or is it that Arlene is lying? She never went to LE? She never tried to give them this stuff?

And this has escalated to a point where this is going to be bad for her and have ramifications at a trial?

Am I going to end up in legal trouble with ramifications at a trial because I put material essential to a case that's supposed to be secret on my mindmap? Do I need to call my attorney?

Woo doggie. Is this ever some situation.

bolded by me.

It sure is some situation! LE isn't saying whether or not she tried to give them the information, so we just don't know if she is lying or what.

Even if she is telling the truth, she's been perceived so badly that I fear for her if there ever is a trial. Hopefully she has been telling the truth and it will come out at a trial.

Now my head is starting to spin. lol

You mention articles (plural) about the noon-ish phone call. If you have other links, I'd appreciate the info. The one I have is this one:
http://www.myfoxchattanooga.com/story/14651377/search-continues-for-missing-signal-mountain-woman

http://www.newschannel9.com/news/palmgren-1001216-nichols-last.html

There are probably others, I only got up to May 18th in my list of articles. It was first reported on May 15th and has been repeated since. JBean has also confirmed it here.

Can anyone show there has been confirmation of that 6:30 AM call? I think we're assuming Gail called Diane before leaving the lake house, but we've heard a lot of talk about Gail's phone calls that day and none of it seems to be confirmed except the call that was around 12:00 or 12:15. Not only the 6:30 AM call but SMM saying that Gail was on the phone to LE the whole time she was driving back to Tennessee. Neither of these things were confirmed, as far as I know, but someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

I had no idea all this stuff about Arlene was going on. Obviously I missed a big memo. I don't know how, but I missed this one big time. I guess maybe I have too many plates in the air at once.

I've removed public access to the mindmap.

I guess I need to re-assess here.

I apologize. I was just trying to help find Gail.

snipped...

No idea if Arlene is lying. It's very possible that some paperwork had nothing to do with the case, or it wasn't admissible, or it was duplicate info that they already had from another source.

LE apparently knows what Arlene is saying and doing. If they wanted to say something about her implications on this paperwork, surely they would have by now.

The only thing they've done is allegedly text Arlene when she was off in another state interviewing people, but that never sat right with me. Why text? Why not call or ask LE in the area to meet with her to relay their message? It makes me wonder if someone was pretending to be LE when they texted her, but I don't know if that's possible.

If LE thinks Arlene is interfering with the investigation, they sure haven't done anything about it except that weird text.

Edited to add: I'm just stating my own personal reservations about the Arlene info, plus a few things SMM has reported which have not been verified. There isn't any reason to do anything drastic just because of my comments.

I had no idea all this stuff about Arlene was going on. Obviously I missed a big memo. I don't know how, but I missed this one big time. I guess maybe I have too many plates in the air at once.

I've removed public access to the mindmap.

I guess I need to re-assess here.

I apologize. I was just trying to help find Gail.

bolded by me.

BeanE, which stuff do you mean? Actually there was a lot of stuff regarding Arlene, but it might have been more in the previous threads. I don't think you need to worry, nor apologize.

There is nothing to apologize for BeanE. In terms of Gail's case, I want to be clear on our sources. AD is making a lot of statements. If it is her word that we are basing our speculation on, well technically it is a rumor unless it has been well sourced by MSM and/or confirmed by LE.

I am trying to sort out what we know from what source.

I dont we should jump off a cliff about MP having a drinking problem unless there is some independent documentation...which could exist. It could be true. It may not be true as well, and we have to own our words here.

I dont know that AD has offered things to LE that they werent interested in. I dont know that they might have been things that they may have wanted at a future date.

All I know is she is saying she sent material that she feels is relevant out of state, and presumably out of reach. The chain of custody is at issue here....how many hands have now been on this material?

What a mess. :(

ETA: A text was sent when Arlene was off in another state interviewing people. Anyone curious as to why she was in another state "interviewing people"? I dont know.

There is nothing to apologize for BeanE. In terms of Gail's case, I want to be clear on our sources. AD is making a lot of statements. If it is her word that we are basing our speculation on, well technically it is a rumor unless it has been well sourced by MSM and/or confirmed by LE.

I am trying to sort out what we know from what source.

I dont we should jump off a cliff about MP having a drinking problem unless there is some independent documentation...which could exist. It could be true. It may not be true as well, and we have to own our words here.

I dont know that AD has offered things to LE that they werent interested in. I dont know that they might have been things that they may have wanted at a future date.

All I know is she is saying she sent material that she feels is relevant out of state, and presumably out of reach. The chain of custody is at issue here....how many hands have now been on this material?

What a mess. :(

ETA: A text was sent when Arlene was off in another state interviewing people. Anyone curious as to why she was in another state "interviewing people"? I dont know.

bolded by me.

Yes, as a matter of fact. I am curious about that.:waitasec:

I think Arlene offered the information she has to LE and she said they took "some" of it. You have to remember that their stance on this case from the beginning is that Gail is a missing person and apparently they don't have a shred of evidence to show that there has been a crime. Some of the information that Arlene has may be more along the lines of evidence that would be valuable in divorce proceedings, not necessarily evidence of a crime. That considered, they may not have been interested in all of it at this point. I think clearly the reason SMM made statements on her show that the information was no longer in Arlene's possession, was to protect Arlene from any possible threats or danger. This is to let everyone who might be listening know that if they are looking for Arlene's stash of papers, don't bother going to her house or following her, etc. Because it's no longer with her. Obviously, Arlene is scared because of what she has seen and what she knows. She believes that Gail will not be found alive. She was her close friend. All of her actions can easily be explained if you understand that. She knows what she knows because she was with Gail a lot and Gail confided in her. I don't get the impression that Gail was very close to her family and she was unemployed. I think Arlene may have been the only person she could talk to about this. She obviously trusted her to give her the things she did. Also, Gail seemed to be behaving pretty desperately in the days before she disappeared, giving valuables and important items even to neighbors. My heart breaks for Arlene. I listened to that SMM interview and it was so sad. She is acting in a desperate manner to help her friend. Also, initially, around here, many people thought Gail just took off and left her kids. LE didn't seem to be doing very much. I think Arlene was anxious for something to be done. Most of us know that in these cases, the more time that passes, the worse the outcome. I am sure that she does not want to impede this investigation. I think her motive is to intensify it. I would hope and pray that if this ever happened to me, I would have just one friend or family member who would do what Arlene has done. I am very concerned about what would be going on in the investigation if it were not for her. This is all just my opinion.

Glorias...FYI... the admin on the BGHN fb page "deletes" any comments he/she deems inappropriate, as they are posted to the BGHN FB site. AD, to my knowledge, has not deleted any of her comments on the BGHN site, for any reason. And (JMO) I THINK ... there should be an urgency in AD's message(s)...and there has been from the first day GP was reported officially MISSING. Plz remember, it was at the urging (the INSISTENCE) of GP's sister DN and AD both, that a MISSING persons report be OFFICIALLY filed with the local SMPD. ALSO, REMEMBER ... It was at this time was MP who stated (I am paraphrasing here) that AD was "complicating matters". THIS STATEMENT... although there are very few that MP has made since May2,2011, disturbs me the most! JMO:twocents:

So what do we have at this time that is independent of AD's statements regarding MP and money withdrawals? I am not discounting her, I am just looking for something objective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez