TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So what do we have at this time that is independent of AD's statements regarding MP and money withdrawals? I am not discounting her, I am just looking for something objective.

Did those original statements about MP withdrawing $400 every few days (plus the two withdrawals of $20,000) come from Arlene? Actually, I can't think of where else they would have come from. I thought that info was published in the Chattanoogan.

I am not aware of any other information out there that corroborates much of what Arlene has said. This is sad to me. I wonder who else might have information that would be valuable and help support her claims. I guess I just go by my gut and think what would she have to gain by lying? I can't come up with anything. Everything she has said certainly comes from Gail's side of the story, but I have to tell you that I believe it. In this case, what she says seems very likely the truth if you believe the worst.

snipped...

I think Arlene may have been the only person she could talk to about this. She obviously trusted her to give her the things she did.

I don't want to discount the rest of what you said, because they were excellent points and I personally agree with pretty much everything you said.

However, I snipped what you said down to this because I think sometimes we forget the people who aren't in the media anymore: We know Susie Button was given money and Gail's passport too, so that's another person Gail confided in. Also, I recall McGyver stating that there was someone who had documentation they gave to LE a few weeks ago, but they couldn't tell us any more than that. That could potentially be a third person she confided in.

A fourth person would be Diane, who got "bizarre" phone calls from Gail about the fears she was having. Like you, I get the impression that Gail's siblings were all over the country and they didn't keep in touch that often, which is pretty common nowadays, but I do think she talked to Diane often enough that Diane knew within 2 days that she needed to call the police.

The money info came from Arlene:

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_203035.asp

Arlene said Gail told her that Matt became pressed for cash and he asked her to withdraw $20,000 from her retirement account. She said Gail told her that money was gone in three weeks and Matt asked for another $20,000, which she assented to.

She said Gail told her she went to their bank to review the records and was startled to find "that Matt was getting $400 every couple of days from an ATM."

I am not aware of any other information out there that corroborates much of what Arlene has said. This is sad to me. I wonder who else might have information that would be valuable and help support her claims. I guess I just go by my gut and think what would she have to gain by lying? I can't come up with anything. Everything she has said certainly comes from Gail's side of the story, but I have to tell you that I believe it. In this case, what she says seems very likely the truth if you believe the worst.

I thought my gut was telling me that she was believable, but then what glorias posted made me stop and wonder, because on other cases, other sleuthers have caught on to people when I didn't. It could be that Arlene is one of those people who is sort of hyper, or everything is bigger than life for them. I know she has good intentions. I don't know why she would make things up, either.

snipped..

Glorias...FYI... the admin on the BGHN fb page "deletes" any comments he/she deems inappropriate, as they are posted to the BGHN FB site. AD, to my knowledge, has not deleted any of her comments on the BGHN site, for any reason. And (JMO) I THINK ... there should be an urgency in AD's message(s)...and there has been from the first day GP was reported officially MISSING.

There's only so much I can say about this because (a) the comments were deleted, (b) they were inflammatory enough I don't want to repeat it, and (c) it's rumor. I know my being vague means this is kind of weird, and I fully understand if no one wants to just take my word for it, because there's no real reason to. I am only stating these things because I want to be clear on all the reasons why I personally question some things that have been said or done.

I don't know who deleted the comments. I know AD was specifically asked to. Whether they did or not, I do not know.

And I want to make it absolutely clear that any questions I have regarding the things Arlene has said does NOT mean I don't think there is an urgency to the Gail situation. Of course there is. I have said so from the beginning and I continue to believe that, regardless of how I feel about Arlene, rumors, FB, and all the other junk that is clogging up the issue.

If I sound frustrated, it's probably because I am! There is a lot of waiting going on, and from looking at other cases on WS I see that LE has been extremely reticent with putting out info as compared to other cases. We have nothing to talk about except what the media reports, which is often rumor and hearsay, and I think it's very important we make sure we remember what is fact and what is unsubstantiated.

I thought my gut was telling me that she was believable, but then what glorias posted made me stop and wonder, because on other cases, other sleuthers have caught on to people when I didn't. It could be that Arlene is one of those people who is sort of hyper, or everything is bigger than life for them. I know she has good intentions. I don't know why she would make things up, either.

I don't either. I genuinely don't think she's lying, I think it's exaggeration borne out of frustration and desperation. Jmoo.

Well, let me ask you guys this: What about SMM? I had never heard of her before I started following this case but she has a lot of experience with these types of cases, right? She seems to believe Arlene. I put some of my faith in that. I don't know. Like I said, I am just going with my gut, but I've certainly been wrong before.

How about the drinking? Is Arlene the source of that as well? Again, I am not discounting it whatsoever. He may drink quite a bit, and if you take the totality of the 911 calls etc it seems like there might be a substance issue driving them (pure speculation) but I am trying to nail down sources.

I feel that it is quite clear Gail was very afraid. I think it is quite clear her marriage was a mess and she was taking steps to sort it out. I think handing items and money to friends is incredibly concerning given her disappearance. And that there was a 48 hour lapse between her disappearance and the MP report.

While we wait, anyone can call in a MP report for the most part. There is no waiting time and police are obligated by law to take it. Even if there is a suspicion that it is a walkaway.

The lapse in time grabs me everytime we revisit the circumstances....that is quite a head start. :(

How about the drinking? Is Arlene the source of that as well? Again, I am not discounting it whatsoever. He may drink quite a bit, and if you take the totality of the 911 calls etc it seems like there might be a substance issue driving them (pure speculation) but I am trying to nail down sources.

I feel that it is quite clear Gail was very afraid. I think it is quite clear her marriage was a mess and she was taking steps to sort it out. I think handing items and money to friends is incredibly concerning given her disappearance. And that there was a 48 hour lapse between her disappearance and the MP report.

While we wait, anyone can call in a MP report for the most part. There is no waiting time and police are obligated by law to take it. Even if there is a suspicion that it is a walkaway.

The lapse in time grabs me everytime we revisit the circumstances....that is quite a head start. :(

bolded by me.

I think Arlene is the main source about the drinking. At the very beginning there was some rumbling about how maybe Gail didn't want Matt driving the jeep to the lake because he was intoxicated, not necessarily because she wanted to drive there as a family, which was the original statement. But I can't remember how that rumbling about intoxication got started.

Re my second bolding: What is a walkaway??

The drinking info is from Arlene:

http://www.wrcbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=14878595

Durham says, "She was tired of everything that was going on. She was tired of the drinking, the lies. She found out about the affair. Enough is enough."

Also this article:

Arlene said Gail confided that the marriage continued to bottom as the Palmgrens went to St. Martin for a wedding in March. She said Gail told of Matt drinking heavily and of taking long strolls on the beach out of her earshot.

Edited to add: I don't know what to think anymore about all this. :(

Now, we have speculated that perhaps the tipster from the Big Fork sighting might have enhanced her story. She had an idea of height and weight which would be unusual for seeing someone in a vehicle unless the doors were off, or the person got out right? Just as an example....this is why I am bringing it up. It is interesting to consider that AD might be enhancing certain aspects of her story. Which doesnt mean she is.

I am puzzled at the possibility of SMM making the statements about evidence being sent out of state was an attempt to shield Arlene from some kind of malfeasance. But what about law enforcement? Wouldnt the evidence have been safe in their hands? And if they were not interested in it at the present time, what was the significance of it that it had to be sent elsewhere?

Ah well, I dont want to make this about AD who is valiantly looking for her friend. What else can be done to try and figure out any puzzle pieces? I wonder how Oriah is doing....

bolded by me.

I think Arlene is the main source about the drinking. At the very beginning there was some rumbling about how maybe Gail didn't want Matt driving the jeep to the lake because he was intoxicated, not necessarily because she wanted to drive there as a family, which was the original statement. But I can't remember how that rumbling about intoxication got started.

Re my second bolding: What is a walkaway??

Voluntary Missing.

The missing dog scenario was awhile ago and was found shortly after dog went missing. Gail had kids and dogs with her when she went to summer home Friday evening, until they all returned Saturday (allegedly) around 12 noon-12:15pm. :twocents:But, I do agree, whatever it was that was conveyed to her,to lure her back to TN must have been very important in Gail's eyes. Very important. Would be interesting to know just who Gail spoke with between the hours of 6:30am and the time she arrived back in TN at 40 Ridge Rock.. Very interesting!:twocents:
Just a thought ... if she was gathering information to use against her husband in a divorce, could it be possible that a juicy bit of information or tip from someone lured her back to TN? That may explain also her heading out alone without the kids. I agree it would be interesting to take a look at who she had contact with during that time. I would think her cell phone records would already have been examined??

Just a thought ... if she was gathering information to use against her husband in a divorce, could it be possible that a juicy bit of information or tip from someone lured her back to TN? That may explain also her heading out alone without the kids. I agree it would be interesting to take a look at who she had contact with during that time. I would think her cell phone records would already have been examined??

Good point. I would think her PI could weigh in on this if she contacted him.

As for the drinking, none of GP's friends from HS knew how bad it had become. However, looking back 6 years ago now, to our 20th HS reunion, many of our classmates have told me that they do remember MP being drunk and flirting with all the women. Am I allowed to post this?

As for the drinking, none of GP's friends from HS knew how bad it had become. However, looking back 6 years ago now, to our 20th HS reunion, many of our classmates have told me that they do remember MP being drunk and flirting with all the women. Am I allowed to post this?

I'm not sure if you're allowed to post this but I'm glad you did. This is good IMO because even though I guess we'd have to call it rumor, it's another case where MP drank to excess and hit on the women.

Someone previously said that he hit on the ladies a lot, I think it was at work, but I don't know where the info came from.

Well, let me ask you guys this: What about SMM? I had never heard of her before I started following this case but she has a lot of experience with these types of cases, right? She seems to believe Arlene. I put some of my faith in that. I don't know. Like I said, I am just going with my gut, but I've certainly been wrong before.

At this point, I'm just taking it all in and storing it all with a grain of salt for future reference.

LE has not come forward with much, and even state that this is still a missing person investigation, yet, the major criminal divison has been brought in...and defense attorneys are being hired. So? The other person who would have more knowledge than AD would be Gail's PI that she hired. AD has not mentioned if she ever talked to him/her. My personal opinion is that she has. IIRC, she did say she drove by TH's house in MS....and she may have passed out flyers there and made mention of the facts surrounding her disappearance,<modsnip>. If I am wrong there, please correct me.

There does seem to be one flavor that keeps popping up in this case and that is fear...real or speculated.....but it's out there. GP, AD, SMM, and CC. That needs to be vetted, imo.

Yes she seems heartbroken but what gives with the data dump to the media? I dont understand why this seems like a good idea.
believe09 ... I totally agree with you. "Data dump" is very appropriate terminology in this case.

When I read this interview with Arleen, my initial feeling was that it was really strange that number one, her best friend would give such a huge, personal information overload to the media and number two, the media would actually publish all of it! There are some VERY bold accusations in this article, both spoken and unspoken and I can't help but think they could come with some repercussions not only to Arleen but to the case itself. History has shown sometimes it is best NOT to put all of the information out there. Many a perpetrator has been caught by reveling a piece of information that had purposely not been released by the media and/or police. I'm sure she is heartbroken by the disappearance of her friend and probably running on empty from the energy she is putting out to find her but I just can't wrap my arms around why she would think that talking about Hilton rewards, sexting entries on MP's phone, where his mistress bought a house and how much money was withdrawn from the ATM is a good idea. Her commentary reads like a movie of the week and frankly, IMO, is more indicative of the work of The National Inquirer than The Chattanoogan. I don't mean to offend anyone. I'll be the first to admit that I may be totally off base here because maybe I'm just not "getting it". If that is true, I humbly apologize. But am I the only one that finds this article totally bizarre???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member