TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, I don't know how old you are BeanE, but I think there is quite a bit of truth to both positions.

I believe the Blackberries owned by both Gail and Matt were with a Verizon plan. And email (from any source) can be programmed and unprogrammed on a Blackberry 3G or higher. Don't try it with an AT&T in the area... Thus my tower hunt!

Now as for an offshoot of that, as for texting....is it possible that Gail and/or Matt was receiving or recovering email data from one anothers' phones? I think that is very likely- so every source of outside info was known by the other party. Does that make any sense, or am I just confusing everyone, lol?!

Verizon has excellent reception on the mountain with few "dead spots." I don't think it gets any better than Verizon for this location.

Blackberries are set up with unlimited data plans, and I don't think it's optional.

YES, e-mails are sent, received, and stored on blackberries just like on computers. And if computer surveillance software was set to e-mail the data to the "spy," all that data would have been accessible on the blackberry in "real time."

Holy guacamole, that's terrible. See, this is part of the reason why I am not all that concerned about Arlene not being given a direct pipeline to LE. If she doesn't realize Gmail is nothing but web based email, then how accurate is her statement that Matt was using tracking devices? And SMM didn't even question that or clarify it, am I correct?

It could be that MP had her password to her gmail account and was reading her emails and keeping "track" of her that way. Some passwords are easy to guess and that may be what he did IMOO.

Also don't some wireless accounts let you access the text via their website and logging in to your account? I think Sprint did that at one time but not sure they still do. If he had tracking on her that meant he had some nerve if he was the one that had a GF and was doing what he should not be doing due to the fact he was married, unless of course he was just trying to see what she knew. IDK - the whole thing is just wrong and I want GP to be found, found safe, but found one way or the other.

Verizon has excellent reception on the mountain with few "dead spots." I don't think it gets any better than Verizon for this location.

Blackberries are set up with unlimited data plans, and I don't think it's optional.

YES, e-mails are sent, received, and stored on blackberries just like on computers. And if computer surveillance software was set to e-mail the data to the "spy," all that data would have been accessible on the blackberry in "real time."

Completely correct, I believe.

The data plans set for blackberries do give you an option to forward your email accts to your phone... or not. You can shut that on or off at any time. Ditto for international access, and plans and phones that include internet access.

They also give you the option of erasing/deleting text messages, voicemails, and called/received numbers or messages from your phone- but the phone itself (if intact) will retain the data.

This is my experience, anyway.
So it seems to me like locating Gail's phone may be more imperative than locating her vehicle, at this point. Does that make any sense?

Completely correct, I believe.

The data plans set for blackberries do give you an option to forward your email accts to your phone... or not. You can shut that on or off at any time. Ditto for international access, and plans and phones that include internet access.

They also give you the option of erasing/deleting text messages, voicemails, and called/received numbers or messages from your phone- but the phone itself (if intact) will retain the data.

This is my experience, anyway.
So it seems to me like locating Gail's phone may be more imperative than locating her vehicle, at this point. Does that make any sense?

It makes complete sense. As well as all the computers that may have duplicate data. I also wonder if Verizon has the capability to retrieve the messages if they have a warrant. After all, the account data available for the account holder has every detail except the actual text message.

Lol, I don't know how old you are BeanE, but I think there is quite a bit of truth to both positions.

I believe the Blackberries owned by both Gail and Matt were with a Verizon plan. And email (from any source) can be programmed and unprogrammed on a Blackberry 3G or higher. Don't try it with an AT&T in the area... Thus my tower hunt!

Now as for an offshoot of that, as for texting....is it possible that Gail and/or Matt was receiving or recovering email data from one anothers' phones? I think that is very likely- so every source of outside info was known by the other party. Does that make any sense, or am I just confusing everyone, lol?!

Makes sense to me and I'm no where near being a techie! Now if he included a tap/application he could assess then I'd think he could do just about anything he wanted to. There's even an application of "spoofing" or whatever it's called. You can program your call to show as coming from another number all together and it even has the capability to use another voice. That's D scary. Officials are trying, thankfully, to get it banned.

ETA: http://www.spoofcard.com/

O/T I don't believe I'll ever text either...but no microwave? :silly:

It makes complete sense. As well as all the computers that may have duplicate data. I also wonder if Verizon has the capability to retrieve the messages if they have a warrant. After all, the account data available for the account holder has every detail except the actual text message.

I'm hoping Verizon would be able to find those. Cross fingers.

ETA: Or any apps for "spying" he may have added to his phone.

Wonder if any of the other searches have taken place? I keep trying MSM, but nothing there.

I get copies of my emails at home, online,on my phone and in the office. If anyone had access to any of my email accounts, they could see all my mail and I would never be the wiser.

AD has always maintained that the last time she spoke to Gail was the 29th. Do you mean it was a different conversation on the 29th? or she did not talk to her the 29th?

>>On April 29, Arlene said Gail Palmgren called her while en route on the four-and-a-half-hour trip from Signal Mountain to Wetumpka. She said, "We're on our way. Can you meet us in town?"

Earlier in the day, the Signal Mountain Police had been called to the Palmgren home. They provided Gail with "phone numbers of a safe place to stay." It was the third time in a week police made domestic calls to 40 Ridgerock Dr.

Arlene said Gail told her the plan was for Matt to come down to the lake house on Easy Street and tell the kids about the upcoming separation.

Gail and Arlene visited that night for about an hour at Mike's house. They were preparing for Mike's 50th birthday celebration the next day on the 30th. She said, "Gail was quiet. It was not the normal Gail." She said she had no idea it was the last time she would ever see Gail Palmgren.

Arlene said she was expecting to visit with Gail and the children again on the 30th. Then she found that Gail had suddenly driven back to Chattanooga.<<

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_203035.asp

BBM

There were 2 different conversations ...okay:waitasec:... I will try to clear up any misunderstanding there may be with regard to my CORRECTION post I sent to BeanE.
Here goes::innocent:
It is my understanding that AD actually had her LAST conversation with GP on the evening of April 29th, after arriving in Alabama, BUT the conversation in which GP told AD that MP would be coming down to the Lake to take the children fishing & boating, and at that same time tell them that their parents planned on separating etc. ...that conversation about "the plan to separate" ...that conversation between AD and GP took place a few days before April 29th (on the phone), approximately on the 26th. We now know that the "plan" to discuss w/ the children, the future of their parents marriage ...did not take place as previously discussed with AD. On April 29th GP drove down to the Lake in Alabama with the 2 children and 2 dogs in the JEEP, only to return the next day to drop them all off in Signal Mountain, according to SB at around 12:noon ...and you all know what did or did not happen after that. I hope this clear things up a little for all.

It could be that MP had her password to her gmail account and was reading her emails and keeping "track" of her that way. Some passwords are easy to guess and that may be what he did IMOO.

Also don't some wireless accounts let you access the text via their website and logging in to your account? I think Sprint did that at one time but not sure they still do. If he had tracking on her that meant he had some nerve if he was the one that had a GF and was doing what he should not be doing due to the fact he was married, unless of course he was just trying to see what she knew. IDK - the whole thing is just wrong and I want GP to be found, found safe, but found one way or the other.

:twocents:JMO~ Ever heard of someone setting up a "gaslight scenario" in preparation for making someone (maybe GP/family/friends/neighbors) feel like GP wasn't "quite all there"... :twocents:Maybe in preparation for a nasty/COSTLY divorce case? It would work out much better for MP if he could make GP and others think, GP was ... well let's just say ... everything that MP had probably claimed in the court filings in May less than 1 week after GP went missing ... :twocents:JMHO

I'm listening to the 1st SMM radio show. I have a few questions.

- One of the things they said was unwanted by LE and sent "out of state" was the DVR. When LE didn't want it, why didn't Arlene give it to Diane or Kevin to see if LE would be more receptive towards them? Same question in regards to the documents that LE didn't want. Why didn't she give them to family to give a go at giving them to LE?

- What would be the benefit of getting the serial # for the black box/GPS that had been removed from Gail's Jeep? It couldn't tell us where she went, because it wasn't on the Jeep when Gail disappeared if it was sitting in the garage, right?

- Gail's last cell activity had been reported twice before Arlene did this interview. But Arlene said Gail's Blackberry hadn't been tracked. Did Gail have both a cell phone and a Blackberry?

===========================

Not questions, just notes:

- Arlene said Gail said Matt would send Gail text messages and then erase them off her phone

- Matt would track her email "to and from"

:twocents:JMO~ Ever heard of someone setting up a "gaslight scenario" in preparation for making someone (maybe GP/family/friends/neighbors) feel like GP wasn't "quite all there"... :twocents:Maybe in preparation for a nasty/COSTLY divorce case? It would work out much better for MP if he could make GP and others think, GP was ... well let's just say ... everything that MP had probably claimed in the court filings in May less than 1 week after GP went missing ... :twocents:JMHO

Ahhhhh.... I see... I've heard that term used here and there with regard to this case but I did not know what it meant. I get it now. Thank you Sleuthy1 and Professor Google. Never saw the movie, either. Ingrid Bergman, right?

Ahhhhh.... I see... I've heard that term used here and there with regard to this case but I did not know what it meant. I get it now. Thank you Sleuthy1 and Professor Google. Never saw the movie, either. Ingrid Bergman, right?

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaslighting"]Gaslighting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

:twocents:For all who are no familiar with the term "gaslighting" I have placed a LINK above for informational purposes.
I also wanted to mention, just as an aside...a bit off topic, but thought you all might be interested in watching this. See LINK below...I found it very interesting on last evenings television CBS 48 Hours Mystery. For everyone that says "it just wouldn't happen ... no way !"....Well I am here to say....Waaaaay ! It can and does happen!
41 minutes long ... a must watch~JMO :twocents:
Go to www.cbs.com and choose 48 Hours Mystery ~ The episode is called fugitive @hotmail.com

http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/48hours/main3410.shtml?tag=hdr;snav:waitasec::fence:

I just wanted to share this with you all. My daughter is able to check her boyfriend's text messages anytime she wants to over the computer without having his phone in her possession. I've seen her pull it up on line and that's how she found out he was cheating on her. By the way, the phones are in both their names so she isn't doing anything illegal pulling it up on the computer. The next time I talk with my daughter I will ask her who her carrier is but I want to say its Sprint. Her boyfriend also can track her as well and often does check where she is using the GPS capability on her phone but she has gotten smart and tracks him and then turns off her phone completely and then goes checking him out. Don't know for the life of me why these two are still together. I only shared this because my daughter didn't need her boyfriend's phone to see who and what he was sexting to the other girl, so if she is able to do it I'm sure MP could as well.

The movie is wonderful; I recommend it...once you see it you'll really understand what is meant by "gaslighting".

Synopsis of the text and the follow up phone call as I understand it-AD was out interviewing people, the lead detective not only texted her to stop but followed up with a phone call.

Am I the only one who finds this NBD? She was interfering with the investigation. He wanted her to stop. She hasnt, and I guess we will see what kind of case is left. SMM cannot protect her from any consequences of her actions, regardless of AD's motivation. I realize she misses her friend. She is not the only one who is looking for her, she is not the only one who cares about her, and Gail's immediate biological family is handling it by working with LE. I dont get why their wishes should not be respected.
Just to bounce off your post and to make a clarification- the family member that is working with LE does not share information-even with other family members. So when anyone states ,in general, what LE has or has not done,they really have no idea.

Of course any person that has had interaction with LE on issues specific to what they may know, can obviously speak to those;but not about the investigation in general.

The black box, why was it removed again? And when did Gail discover it was gone, or did she?

Synopsis of the text and the follow up phone call as I understand it-AD was out interviewing people, the lead detective not only texted her to stop but followed up with a phone call.

Am I the only one who finds this NBD? She was interfering with the investigation. He wanted her to stop. She hasnt, and I guess we will see what kind of case is left. SMM cannot protect her from any consequences of her actions, regardless of AD's motivation. I realize she misses her friend. She is not the only one who is looking for her, she is not the only one who cares about her, and Gail's immediate biological family is handling it by working with LE. I dont get why their wishes should not be respected.

I agree with you. I think AD doing interviews and collecting her own evidence is interfering with the investigation, and I think SMM is egging her on at this point. Gail's family and LE should have the first say in what is released, it should not be in AD's or SMM's hands.

I've agreed with you for a while now, but I kind of stopped saying so. It seems like some of the things I say are met with scolding or snotting off and I don't know why. Moderators haven't told me I said anything wrong, but I feel like some members think I am saying things I shouldn't. It's hard to describe, but there's just been some kind of change in attitude over the last couple weeks or so IMVHO.

Personally, I genuinely care about the case and about Gail, and I also don't think AD means to do any harm, but I do think she is inadvertently causing problems, and I hope we can discuss that here.

(Edited to clarify meaning.)

Just to bounce off your post and to make a clarification- the family member that is working with LE does not share information-even with other family members. So when anyone states ,in general, what LE has or has not done,they really have no idea.

Of course any person that has had interaction with LE on issues specific to what they may know, can obviously speak to those;but not about the investigation in general.

Does that mean the other family members are deliberately kept out of the loop? Or there is just one family member LE is interested in speaking to?

bolded by me.

So is the family member who is working with LE sort of delegated by the other family members and they know that he or she can't share information?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme