TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I am very sorry to read that the interview did not go so well and that it took a turn in the middle. I just heard about the interview yesterday early morning and thought that some of you all might be interested . . .

I did not have an opportunity to listen.

Yes, Scott is filling in this week.

Again, I do appologize if your time was wasted . . . .:(

I don't think time was wasted at all. I just think Jammer was a modsnip.

ETA: Honestly, I felt a bad omen in the first few sentences, when Jammer introduced AD. He gave the time Gail had been missing in terms of either weeks or a couple of months--don't remember. AD then said 64 days, and I heard an ooze when Jammer said, "Oh, 64 days. I need to be sure I get it right." I would have expected a response more like, "Oh, I didn't know the exact number of days, but I bet you are painfully aware." Or SOMETHING. It was sarcastic. Besides his words, there was a tone that I didn't feel good about. Why would he even have talked with Lee Davis yesterday morning, anyway? Why not interview him today?

Ah, thanks for explaining. I had heard MFH as a theory, so I kind of mis-spoke when I said I hadn't heard it before. What I should have said is that I thought maybe someone in an interview or an article had mentioned it.

Boy, it would be nice to know what the PI knew. They seem to be really earning their pay, though, keeping out of the media and being almost forgotten in this case as opposed to MP's PI who has been mentioned quite a lot. I'm pretty impressed with Gail's PI, simply based on how they appear to be really keeping their cool.

Didn't hear the Jammer interview w/AD, so all I know is what some of you have posted, but I was wondering about the part that had to do w/ possibly seeing G on the trails that evening...did AD actually say that (although she wasn't there), she thought it would have been TH? Maybe this wrong, but it seems odd to have speculated that -seems a little over the top.

I know that the "witness" to the trail sighting said that G was staring full face on and this was interpreted as a silent plea for help...let's say that G had been potentially paranoid as it has been discussed here and in other sources. perhaps the full on view was because G thought that the "witness" was trailing her and was attempting to get a good look, tag etc. The passenger could have been looking away because a random vehicle would have been of no interest to her and a mere glance and head turn would be normal behavior. If someone didn't want to be seen, they would likely at least slump down a little and not be sitting up looking to be 5'8' or whatever the "witness" said. How tall is TH anyway, if anyone knows?

Or maybe this is a wasted ramble, a red herring in the woods, who knows?

Yes, it would have been over the top IMO had it not been for the context. AD was pushed to speculate and then finally said "If I had to guess, it would have been TH." Then Jammer seemed to enjoy the "Gotcha" of being able to say that TH had an alibi, which he repeated more than once. For some reason, he seemed IMO to be on a mission to discredit AD.

Yet another random question... (sorry to keep breaking the train of thought!) but does anyone know when Matt last visited his father?

TIA, if anyone knows this.

ETA: I'm also wondering if one of our wonderful techies or photoshoppers can put up a picture of a Rubicon with the soft top removed or damaged...

Three questions. Just double checking here.

- Voice phone contact Gail/Diane approx noon Apr 30

- Cell 'activity' May 2 near Mountain Creek Rd

Do we know for sure there was no contact by voice or text with Gail and anyone else between that noonish voice phone contact w/Diane on Apr 30 and the May 2nd cell 'activity'?

Do we know for sure the 'activity' was pings versus voice or text?

And unrelated to phone stuff:

Do we know for sure whether or not Gail went into the house when she dropped the kids off?

Jammer did address that with AD today in the interview. She appeared to break down a little and said she was in a place that if GP tried to call, she probably would not have had the reception to get it. Obviously, AD thought about that same thing (over and over) since the day GP disappeared. I would assume GP may have tried and could not get through...IMO. If she had Sprint, depending on where GP was at the time, her signal may not have been ideal either. FWIW.

ETA: Sprint records would definately show who called who, when, time, and for how long just by logging into the account online. I hope those records are in the right hands.

BBM-?. I am unclear about whose hands would be the wrong hands. :)

She may have tried AD, or she may not have. I am certain that this would be something I would ponder over and over as well. And yes, that would be reflected on her phone records.

I didnt listen to the interview-so AD's position was that AD or Gail would have been in an area where she didnt get cell reception?

Yet another random question... (sorry to keep breaking the train of thought!) but does anyone know when Matt last visited his father?

I would love to know this as well.

believe09 -

How do we retain a WS attorney for Gail's case? ;-)

Can we PM them directly and ask if they have time to come answer questions, is there a thread to put a request in, or do we ask the mods to try to acquire one for us?

Thanks!

BBM-?. I am unclear about whose hands would be the wrong hands. :)

She may have tried AD, or she may not have. I am certain that this would be something I would ponder over and over as well. And yes, that would be reflected on her phone records.

I didnt listen to the interview-so AD's position was that AD or Gail would have been in an area where she didnt get cell reception?

I am concerned about this.
Trying to match up Sprint, cell towers, and the timeline is befuzzling me. There *should* be no loss of service between the Alabama residence and the SM residence, if driving the most direct route- until you hit just north or NW of Chattanooga. North of there, it gets patchy but most phones and providers have enough power for a txt message. Sirius and GPS(s) would be in and out.
The Prentice Cooper area doesn't pick up much at all...but will still ping if powered on...
Hmmm. I am befuzzled.

Is it possible that Gail headed south, and then NE to perhaps meet someone after dropping off the children at the SM residence?

Three questions. Just double checking here.

- Voice phone contact Gail/Diane approx noon Apr 30

- Cell 'activity' May 2 near Mountain Creek Rd

Do we know for sure there was no contact by voice or text with Gail and anyone else between that noonish voice phone contact w/Diane on Apr 30 and the May 2nd cell 'activity'?

Do we know for sure the 'activity' was pings versus voice or text?

And unrelated to phone stuff:

Do we know for sure whether or not Gail went into the house when she dropped the kids off?

BBM:
Mountain Creek Rd is a significant area of interest to me... Also, how DO we know that incoming/outgoing txts or web/email access via phone or other device(s) missing along with Gail and the Jeep are accurate after that last known ping?

ETA (again!): There are downloadable apps for a Blackberry, such as Blackberry Protect that enable you to remotely wipe all data off of your phone- or find it if it's lost, and within tower or satellite range. I'm wondering if Gail's phone has been damaged in some way?

believe09 -

How do we retain a WS attorney for Gail's case? ;-)

Can we PM them directly and ask if they have time to come answer questions, is there a thread to put a request in, or do we ask the mods to try to acquire one for us?

Thanks!
you can ask them directly via pm to come answer questions, or send them a question and they can come post the answer. The last time I asked gitana1 to come over, no one was really ready with questions. she was kind of enough to read through the thread,but it was a bit cumbersome and she said to pm her anytime with questions. Her area of expertise is family law here in CA.
If you want to start a thread called legal questions for verified attorneys only that might help isolate questions for the attorneys. I would suggest putting the questions together first and then alerting one or more of the lawyers and ask if they would help us out and direct them to the thread.

you can ask them directly via pm to come answer questions, or send them a question and they can come post the answer. The last time I asked gitana1 to come over, no one was really ready with questions. she was kind of enough to read through the thread,but it was a bit cumbersome and she said to pm her anytime with questions. Her area of expertise is family law here in CA.
If you want to start a thread called legal questions for verified attorneys only that might help isolate questions for the attorneys. I would suggest putting the questions together first and then alerting one or more of the lawyers and ask if they would help us out and direct them to the thread.

Gotcha. Thanks, JBean. Since Casey's trial is in recess atm, I'll be happy to make the thread right now.

ETA: Here it is!

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142744"]TN Legal Questions for our Verified Attorneys - Gail Palmgren case - *No Discussion* - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I sent a request to AZlawyer to take a peek if she has time, just 'cause I know her better than the other attorneys, having bugged her to death on Gabe's case, and she hasn't smacked me yet!

ETA: I'm also wondering if one of our wonderful techies or photoshoppers can put up a picture of a Rubicon with the soft top removed or damaged...

I'm very curious as to why anyone would want to know abouts Matt's visits with his dad. Would you be so kind as to explain?

I thought the most important statement from Jammer, or certainly the most interesting was him mentioning that he called MP's attorney for a statement. To me, it made everything make sense.

If Jammer Scott is going for being known for equally offending everyone and is attempting to gain employment...well then chances are he could care less about the facts of the case and more about anything to sensationalize it. If I am correct, he asked to speak with the family on his FB post. I think we are all aware that Gail's siblings are holding their cards tightly and perhaps they did speak with him and Jammer thought that he could better go the direction HE wanted with Arlene.

Also in my opinion, the details Jammer released that Arlene either was not aware of or was not willing to discuss (Gail seeing a psychologist ect.) help MP's attorney get the whole "Gail is unstable" message out. It is also my opinion that a huge goal of the program was to discredit Arlene. He not only questioned the validity of their friendship but the line of questioning about who was in the car...was it you? Jammer seemed to know exactly who AD thought was in the car and was ready to pounce on her answer.

So who gained what from this interview? Gail's name is out there, yes. But...a public broadcast and not a statement from the legal team of MP has just brought up the question of Gail's mental status and the fact that Arlene is not cooperating with requests from LE , and called Matt a nerd..Gail is/was the smart one. In other words Matt is too goofy to harm his wife, I mean nerds don't hurt people. An alibi was given to TH and possibly just possibly listeners may now think Arlene was the one in the car with Gail in the sighting that has, to the best of my knowledge, never been more than a maybe.
Sounds to me like a good day for a defense especially coming off a not so good day in court for the family and a nice interview for Jammer who released new information publicly which may score him a new gig.

Oh no - I need to do it anyway for my own reference so I'm ready for the next go-round.

I don't think they're uninformed - from the hearings I watch on these cases, this stuff seems to happen a lot. The improper notice I've heard I don't know how many times, and on the non-disclosure, it's usually that the attorneys were relying on some kind of loophole not to disclose it. Maybe in this instance that the check wasn't yet cashed. I dunno.
And then yes, they go back on appeal or re-file the motion differently or whatever. It seems nothing is ever a one shot deal - it's a process of a series of hearings and it seems as if things are never really final. There's always another unexpected (or expected) filing and another hearing.

I've found, for me, the way to keep from getting too terribly upset is not to expect any hearing or motion or filing or whatever to be the last one, and for everything to be settled. It just seems most often, it's not that way. And this one I think will be plenty messy with lots and lots of hearings and motions and filings and delays and continuances and reschedulings and all that.

BBM
Technically that money would stil be in the account

Yes, it would have been over the top IMO had it not been for the context. AD was pushed to speculate and then finally said "If I had to guess, it would have been TH." Then Jammer seemed to enjoy the "Gotcha" of being able to say that TH had an alibi, which he repeated more than once. For some reason, he seemed IMO to be on a mission to discredit AD.

I agree

I don't know but thats my theory and has been for quite sometime.. I also suspect thats what some of the money he took from Gail went toward....I just wish all counties (Marion. Hamilton and Sequatchie) would go over Prentice Cooper with a fine tooth comb...I also suspect that is virtually impossible, but it needs to be done... JMHO...

Must admit this thought as well has come to my mind

Gotcha. Thanks, JBean. Since Casey's trial is in recess atm, I'll be happy to make the thread right now.

ETA: Here it is!

TN Legal Questions for our Verified Attorneys - Gail Palmgren case - *No Discussion* - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I sent a request to AZlawyer to take a peek if she has time, just 'cause I know her better than the other attorneys, having bugged her to death on Gabe's case, and she hasn't smacked me yet!

Thanks so much BeanE! I think that may be my new favorite thread!

I'm very curious as to why anyone would want to know abouts Matt's visits with his dad. Would you be so kind as to explain?

Absolutely. :)

From a SAR perspective, when you research the last known cell pings and the timeline of Gail's disappearance, along with towers that may have shot signals during that time period; you can establish the possibilities of routes of travel. Working from that, one of those routes of travel (IIRC) heads toward the location of MP's mothers home as well as MP's father's location.

It seems possible that either Gail or Matt (or both) may have traveled that route to see either of MP's parents.

So it raises (in my mind, anyway) the possibilty that after dropping off the children, Gail headed along that route. Which also raises the possibility that a search area should be established along that route- considering the last known pings.

Wow, that's a bit of a ramble! But does it help to explain?

Absolutely. :)

Wow, that's a bit of a ramble! But does it help to explain?

You weren't kidding with the wow. LOL I appreciate the info, but still don't understand what it has to do with Matt's last visit with his father. I would assume he has seen his father many times since Gail went missing. Maybe I am reading the question wrong, I was up late last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member