TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I looked back to the post you are referring to about the meeting on the 28th, and I don't read it the same as you. I thought it meant that Gail met with the PI on the 28th and picked up the info he had collected, not that he had seen Matt on the 28th in Chattanooga. I think the wording of the original post (timeline) was a little misleading.

Just my :twocents:

Personally, I am not as concerned as to what day MP was seen at the ATM and meeting up with this unidentified person in a coffee shop as I am to who this unidentified person may be and IF there were photos taken of this unidentified person by the PI Gail hired......IMO..And as I see it, IF Gail saw a picture of this unidentifed person that could very well be reason enough Gail hasn't been seen or heard of in over two months now....IYKWIM......JMHO

BBM
Just to clarify as it has been some time since the searches took place.
Initially there were no searches of any kind by LE. You are correct that the Palmgrens did not ask for participation in the searches, nor participate. However, DN was here and welcomed the support and search efforts of GP's friends and the community.

Hope this helps.

You know, I'm glad you mentioned this, because I think it's important. There was discussion here in the past week about, I believe the word used, was a "schism" between Gail's family and the community volunteers over how things should be done with regard to the searches and investigation. I have followed this case from the beginning and the impression I have is that the dissention is actually from within the family. My opinion from many things I've read is that DN has been very supportive of most of the efforts made by everyone who has tried to help and that others in the family disagreed. All I have heard from people who know her is that she has been very appreciative of the help. JMO

You know, I'm glad you mentioned this, because I think it's important. There was discussion here in the past week about, I believe the word used, was a "schism" between Gail's family and the community volunteers over how things should be done with regard to the searches and investigation. I have followed this case from the beginning and the impression I have is that the dissention is actually from within the family. My opinion from many things I've read is that DN has been very supportive of most of the efforts made by everyone who has tried to help and that others in the family disagreed. All I have heard from people who know her is that she has been very appreciative of the help. JMO

I'm somewhat confused as to whom you are referring to....Are you saying there is dissention going on within Gail's family of origin as to how things should be handled or are you referring to dissention between Gail's family of origin and the Palmgrens?

I'm somewhat confused as to whom you are referring to....Are you saying there is dissention going on within Gail's family of origin as to how things should be handled or are you referring to dissention between Gail's family of origin and the Palmgrens?

I was speaking of dissention within Gail's family, not the Palmgrens. Like I said, it's just based on things I've picked up on here and there, but I have heard many people who know her say that DN is supportive of most of the efforts made by volunteers and others involved in trying to locate her sister. I have also heard that "others" in the same family do not share that feeling. They disagree with how the volunteers are going about it and specifically are the ones not pleased with the FB page. My feeling is that the displeasure they have expressed may have come across, let's just say, stronger than DN's feelings, so therefore, it all gets lumped together as the position of the whole family. I want to clearly reiterate that I do not know any of the principles in this case, but this is just my opinion, based on what I have read and heard. I also refer to my previous post... This is very telling to me.

Thank you for your comments Melodie, this is a very difficult situation on many different levels for GP's family and friends I am sure. Not something you can prepare for, no play-book on the shelf to reference when it does happen, and high-energy concern, confusion, fear and panic when it does... Then, consider that everyone involved has their individual ideas, thoughts and levels of acceptance or denial, their own styles of coping (or not coping). All of the above when absorbed into a normal set of family dynamics combined with the fact that none of her siblings actually reside locally and must also remain responsible for their own families and careers... I am sure that they all have the same goals and hopes, but they have been thrown into a very volatile situation.

I am sure IMO of course...just sharing thoughts...that everyone close to Gail has their own personal beliefs and may not be comfortable entertaining undesirable possiblilities, we have all been there ourselves on this site as well. While we can walk away from the PC at night weighing speculations from an evaluation standpoint (some, not all...and I acknowledge that aeveryone here shares the same desire to locae GP), the reality is for her family that they each must wake up in the morning drowning in the fact they do not know where GP is.

I completely respect that everyone in the family may not agree on with every avenue of possibilties or the means to be taken to find answers, but I also believe that in the end, they all share the same ultimate desire to find Gail.

GP's family has never asked anyone to stop searching for her. They may have been hoping that if they quieted down and she had voluntarily left, that she might be able to return more easily.

9 weeks today, she is still missing and her children have essentially been cut off from their mothers family. I think the most important thing for them to know is that they continue to be supported in their efforts to find GP and protect GP and her children legally while she is unable to do so.

Quick question... ( I may have already asked...) does anyone have info on the 220 Hampton tower, prior to and post storms? TIA.

Quick question... ( I may have already asked...) does anyone have info on the 220 Hampton tower, prior to and post storms? TIA.
Oriah, although there is no signage to identify it, the tower was up prior to storms, and the storms DID take out a tower in that area. It fell across the road and had to be cut in two places to allow for traffic on a very narrow road, the ends on either side and scraps that remain are marked with orange safety tape. A few days ago it was still there and had not been removed.

Regarding the children, I completely understand that everyone handles it in the way that they see fit. IMO, the children have a right to participate and a right to speak what they know. it empowers them, it does not put them in a situation of feeling guilt that they know what happened and cannot speak, or they know a piece of what happened, or that they should have done more to help their mother be found.

These are kids-kids think that the thoughts and decisions they have and make affect the universe. Children are self centered-it doesnt matter how well loved they are and how busy they are kept, they have a missing mother. They have grief and loss. They *may* have a burden of some knowledge they want or need to share.

This is strictly JMO. LE needs to talk to them so they (LE) can take the next step. I mean, this is crazy-why would MP willingly take all of this heat if taking a few steps would enable LE to move on from him? Let's picture what this case would look like if he had let Davis et al write up a consent to search in the first two weeks of Gail's disappearance.

Now, I have no knowledge of whether or not he has fully cooperated at this point because it has not been reported anywhere one way or another.

I was speaking of dissention within Gail's family, not the Palmgrens. Like I said, it's just based on things I've picked up on here and there, but I have heard many people who know her say that DN is supportive of most of the efforts made by volunteers and others involved in trying to locate her sister. I have also heard that "others" in the same family do not share that feeling. They disagree with how the volunteers are going about it and specifically are the ones not pleased with the FB page. My feeling is that the displeasure they have expressed may have come across, let's just say, stronger than DN's feelings, so therefore, it all gets lumped together as the position of the whole family. I want to clearly reiterate that I do not know any of the principles in this case, but this is just my opinion, based on what I have read and heard. I also refer to my previous post where I mentioned the plea from DN for help locating her sister posted for her by a friend on FB today. This is very telling to me.

Which of these are rumors, Melodie-the part that DN is welcoming of outside searchers or the part about other members of Gail's family not wanting outside assistance? TIA :)

BBM
Just to clarify as it has been some time since the searches took place.
Initially there were no searches of any kind by LE. You are correct that the Palmgrens did not ask for participation in the searches, nor participate. However, DN was here and welcomed the support and search efforts of GP's friends and the community.

Hope this helps.

What makes you believe LE wasnt searching at all and when did they start, do you know?

Which of these are rumors, Melodie-the part that DN is welcoming of outside searchers or the part about other members of Gail's family not wanting outside assistance? TIA :)

"Like I said, it's just based on things I've picked up on here and there..." "My feeling..."
"I want to clearly reiterate that I do not know any of the principles in this case, but this is just my opinion, based on what I have read and heard."

Neither. It is my opinion. Sorry, I thought I was clear on that. I have not seen or heard any quotes in the MSM stating any of the this. It is all my opinion. I have an impression based on things I have read, but it is still clearly my opinion.

Beane, an addition or clarification to your mindmap. According to the separation filing and according to Matt, Gail began getting paranoid and writing down license plate numbers, etc, approximately 4 weeks prior to the date of the filing(may 6). This would put the sudden upsurge in paranoid and delusional behavior around April 8.
Not surprisingly this date coincides with other events on your map. But interestingly also at this exact time, there is an entry on your map that Arlene says Gail is her normal self and Gail is handing documents to Arlene. This was a busy time,imo.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ TONIGHT AT 7 pm at SIGNAL MOUNTAIN (in about 1 ~ 1/2 hours). Friends and Neighbors hope to see you there. Have a Happy Fourth of July Holiday and remember to keep Gail Nowacki Palmgren and her family in your prayers this weekend. Enjoy and Be Safe !!! ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=139351512808792

What makes you believe LE wasnt searching at all and when did they start, do you know?

Initially there were no searches of any kind by LE.

BBM

Initially, no there were no organized searches (as in the first few days), other than requesting a check of the airport and issuing a BOLO. I am not discounting the possibility that after the first few days lower profile checks of the area could have occured without them being publicly announced.

It was not my intention to imply that LE had not done any searches since. I apologize if I communucated my earlier statement poorly!

This was copied & pasted directly from DN's FB page by Myself (I Underlined & Burgundy colored & BBM @ bottom of DN's post):innocent:

Diane Nowacki Nichols

June 29, 2011
MISSING PERSON: GAIL NOWACKI PALMGREN PLEASE HELP US FIND HER !!! Have you seen Gail or her Jeep? If anyone has any information pertaining to Gail or her Jeep, Please Call Police Immediately. POLICE: 911 OR HAMILTON COUNTY SHERIFF OFFICE: 423-622-0022 MISSING PERSON: GAIL NOWACKI PALMGREN Missing Since April 30, 2011 WE NEED YOUR HELP FINDING HER !!! Have you seen Gail or her Jeep? DESCRIPTION OF GAIL: 44 Years Old, 5’ 8” Tall, 135 lbs., Blond Hair, Brown Eyes DESCRIPTION OF GAIL’S JEEP: Crimson Red JEEP Rubicon, 4 Door Black Soft Top, Alabama Plate: “ EAZY ST ” , Trailer Hitch: Goofy, Wheel Cover: Daisy “ Life is Good ”. IF ANYONE HAS ANY INFORMATION PERTAINING TO GAIL OR HER JEEP PLEASE CALL POLICE IMMEDIATELY. POLICE: 911 OR HAMILTON COUNTY SHERIFF OFFICE: 423-622-0022 We, Gail’s family, continue to ask for your help. We are asking the public to continue to keep their eyes and ears open for any information that can lead us to Gail. If anyone sees or hears anything about the whereabouts of Gail or her Jeep we ask that you call the POLICE immediately, # 423-622-0022 or 911. This has been difficult for everyone involved. Please consider our request for your help. If this was your family member, I know that you would want the same. We would like to thank the public ahead of time for helping us try to find her.
By: Diane Nowacki Nichols

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe09
Which of these are rumors, Melodie-the part that DN is welcoming of outside searchers or the part about other members of Gail's family not wanting outside assistance? TIA

"Like I said, it's just based on things I've picked up on here and there..." "My feeling..."
"I want to clearly reiterate that I do not know any of the principles in this case, but this is just my opinion, based on what I have read and heard."

Neither. It is my opinion. Sorry, I thought I was clear on that. I have not seen or heard any quotes in the MSM stating any of the this. It is all my opinion. I have an impression based on things I have read, but it is still clearly my opinion.

BBM
With regards to the above.
Based on personal knowledge, I can verify that DN is welcoming and appreciative of the assistance of others in the effort to help find her sister.

There may be one person that Gail felt good about talking to. (not that family didn't count!) Someone that knew all the facts and perhaps had some good advice. I would have called my PI if I felt cornered. I feel confident that this person has come forward to LE by this point. He may not have knowledge of this last recorded day, but he has enough probably to seal the deal if there is foul play. IMO

There may be one person that Gail felt good about talking to. (not that family didn't count!) Someone that knew all the facts and perhaps had some good advice. I would have called my PI if I felt cornered. I feel confident that this person has come forward to LE by this point. He may not have knowledge of this last recorded day, but he has enough probably to seal the deal if there is foul play. IMO

bolded by me.

redfish: you know who this person is? And it's a man? Or is this a "maybe" as in "maybe there's a person" (not Arlene).

Beane, an addition or clarification to your mindmap. According to the separation filing and according to Matt, Gail began getting paranoid and writing down license plate numbers, etc, approximately 4 weeks prior to the date of the filing(may 6). This would put the sudden upsurge in paranoid and delusional behavior around April 8.
Not surprisingly this date coincides with other events on your map. But interestingly also at this exact time, there is an entry on your map that Arlene says Gail is her normal self and Gail is handing documents to Arlene. This was a busy time,imo.

Oh that's interesting, JBean. Thanks. Do we have anything linkable for that so I can add it, or are we still on hold for that for now?

I wish I could get dates for the items in the March/April slot. Some of that could very well fall on that same weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3