TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@calliestarnes Callie Starnes

Matt Palmgren's attorney: "W're not going to argue the merits of it (restraining order) in media, we'd rather do that in court." #missingmom
8 minutes ago

http://twitter.com/#!/calliestarnes/status/85786066258370560

Matt Palmgren's attorneys don't want to wait until July 11th, trying to get hearing bumped to tomorrow.
8 minutes ago

http://twitter.com/#!/calliestarnes/status/85786309725130752

I wonder if they want to get things rolling so they can settle it (they're assuming they will win) before school starts?

I hope that Gail's family has good lawyers.....

UPDATED: Missing woman's sister: "We need to act on her behalf"

Posted: Jun 28, 2011 7:38 AM EDT
Updated: Jun 28, 2011 3:02 PM EDT

Snippets:

"Her assets and her children are her interests and we need to watch out for her," said Nichols in a phone interview with Channel 3. "We need to act on her behalf."

Nichols says her two priorities are finding her sister and caring for her niece and nephew, ages 9 and 12.

"They must be going through quite a bit of trauma," she said, "and we are very concerned about their well being."

Nichols hasn't seen the children in more than a month, and says all visits have been supervised.

"They would not let me see the children just one-on-one," she said, "there would always be a member of Matt's family there at all times."

Nichols wants a judge to decide what is best for the children, until her sister is found.

More at link -
http://www.wrcbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=14987811

Last phone call w/Diane:

As detectives continue looking for leads in the case, Nichols says she thinks back to the last conversation she had with Gail.

She told Eyewitness News hours before her sister was last seen, Gail begged her to call police while leaving the family's Alabama lake house. She wanted police at her Signal Mountain home when she arrived.

"They did have some marital problems," said Nichols, who says her sister never said why she wanted her to call police. "Maybe she was possibly seeing coming home and having some kind of confrontation with her husband."

Police called Gail at her sister's request, but details of that conversation haven't been released, not even to Nichols. She believes her Gail is still out there.

"If she doesn't want to go home I understand," said Nichols, "but she needs to reach out to somebody to let them know that she's okay."

@calliestarnes Callie Starnes

Matt Palmgren's attorney: "W're not going to argue the merits of it (restraining order) in media, we'd rather do that in court." #missingmom
8 minutes ago

http://twitter.com/#!/calliestarnes/status/85786066258370560

Matt Palmgren's attorneys don't want to wait until July 11th, trying to get hearing bumped to tomorrow.
8 minutes ago

http://twitter.com/#!/calliestarnes/status/85786309725130752

My goodness. Maybe they want the judgement to come before the search of all the properties bring more info to the forefront?

UPDATED: Missing woman's sister: "We need to act on her behalf"

Posted: Jun 28, 2011 7:38 AM EDT
Updated: Jun 28, 2011 3:02 PM EDT

Snippets:

"Her assets and her children are her interests and we need to watch out for her," said Nichols in a phone interview with Channel 3. "We need to act on her behalf."

Nichols says her two priorities are finding her sister and caring for her niece and nephew, ages 9 and 12.

"They must be going through quite a bit of trauma," she said, "and we are very concerned about their well being."

Nichols hasn't seen the children in more than a month, and says all visits have been supervised.

"They would not let me see the children just one-on-one," she said, "there would always be a member of Matt's family there at all times."

Nichols wants a judge to decide what is best for the children, until her sister is found.

More at link -

If there was nothing to hide, why not allow them unsupervised visits with the children? I guess MP could say he's afraid Gail's family will kidnap them, but I think that would be a coverup.

I wonder if they want to get things rolling so they can settle it (they're assuming they will win) before school starts?

I hope that Gail's family has good lawyers.....

I think D&H have met their match, imo. The firm representing the family has long ties in the area as well as much larger tenacles. imo

My goodness. Maybe they want the judgement to come before the search of all the properties bring more info to the forefront?

You're probably more on the right track than I was, thinking that rushing it had to do with the kids' schooling. It's probably more of a self-serving move on MP's part.

I think D&H have met their match, imo. The firm representing the family has long ties in the area as well as much larger tenacles. imo

:clap::clap::clap::great:That's the best news I've heard in a long time for this case!

Last phone call w/Diane:
"They did have some marital problems," said Nichols, who says her sister never said why she wanted her to call police.

"If she doesn't want to go home I understand," said Nichols, "but she needs to reach out to somebody to let them know that she's okay."

Snipped and bbm

Do these 2 statements sound odd to anyone else?

If my sister called to beg me to call the police for her, I would find out why-and why couldn't Gail call them if she could call Diane and ask her to do it?

Notice she says "If she doesn't want to go home". Not if we find her, not if shes still alive - "If she doesn't want to". Strange wording, IMO

Snipped and bbm

If my sister called to beg me to call the police for her, I would find out why-and why couldn't Gail call them if she could call Diane and ask her to do it?

Maybe either she was afraid LE wouldn't take her seriously, or seriously enough, and/or, she wanted one more record of one more person who knew something was very wrong.

Notice she says "If she doesn't want to go home". Not if we find her, not if shes still alive - "If she doesn't want to". Strange wording, IMO

It's been my experience and observation that many loving family members simply cannot go to the place where they talk about, or even think about, the possibility that their loved one may be gone. Some go through times in which they won't let anyone around them make mention of it. Meanwhile, they're running all kinds of scenarios through their minds, and what they say is related to a scenario they've been pondering.

Other times, family members do think their loved one may be gone, but they won't talk about it in the media, in fear that people will stop looking, and they want their loved one to have every chance possible, if they are indeed alive.

And sometimes it's just that the reporter has only reported a part of what they said. Or it's just that they've been traumatized and aren't getting out everything they're thinking at the time.

Just my opinion.

Here is the link to the article with the comments by Arlene who is using the hat ATRUEFRIEND:

http://timesfreepress.com/news/2011/may/12/missing-womans-husband-seeks-custody-children/
BBM
It is the 7th comment down.

Key word for me in this statement made by ATRUEFRIEND under the "comment" section of a TFP article dated 05/12/2011 ... was "MAY" ...<snip>"Sure, he is probably very mad at his wife, and she may be showing erratic behavior, but instead of getting her help, or searching for her, he decides his time is better spent filing paperwork behind her back."<snip>

:twocents:Miriam Webster defines "erratic" as:
<snip>Definition of ERRATIC

a : having no fixed course : wandering <an erratic comet>
b archaic : nomadic
: transported from an original resting place especially by a glacier <an erratic boulder>
a : characterized by lack of consistency, regularity, or uniformity <erratic dieting> <keeps erratic hours>
b : deviating from what is ordinary or standard : eccentric <an erratic genius>
<snip>
:twocents:Doesn't say anything about the term "erratic" being a lengthy ~irreversible~psychiatric or psychological anomaly at all. IMPO ... We all at sometime or another show signs of erratic behavior. Now....b4 any1 jumps on me for this post....please know that by making this statement....I am in no way insinuating that any1 has claimed this about GP....I am posting this for informational purposes only to clear up any misimpression(is that a word? or have I just made a "GWBush-ism here...we all remember GW's word "misunderestimated" dontcha ...lol)? My post here today is with regard to the term "erratic", and how someone(my friend AD)MAY have meant to use the word "erratic" in a comment left about her best friend GP. Does ev1 follow my train of thought here?:innocent::twocents:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/erratic

Snipped and bbm

bolded by me.

I know what you mean...I would certainly want to find out why, but remember at the time, she was rushing off to somewhere, and according to Susie Button,Gail looked dazed and didn't even see her waving at her--so I wonder if she was just too panicked to explain why? It doesn't make too much sense, though--because what would you tell the police if you didn't know why you were calling them? Maybe because of the DV call history, the police would know right away what was wrong?

I'm editing this because I had the telephone calls a little confused--Gail must have called her sister before arriving at the SM home to ask her to call the police and have them there when she arrived --but that didn't happen. When Susie Button waved at her, that was after she had arrived home and the police weren't there--and she was rushing off somewhere.

Confused, I think you said you have not been verified but I have no reason to doubt that you do know at least MPs side of the family from your posts. Give us some insights here if you can. How did you meet Matt? Have you ever met Gail's family? How did the two families get along prior to Gail's disappearance?

Hmmmm.....wonder what LE said to Gail when they called her back. Gail told D she wanted LE at the Signal Mt house when she got there. We know the LE wasn't there because the neighbor who spotted G didn't say they were.

We've wondered all this time why G acted 'differently' than usual by not acknowledging her neighbor as she approached. We thought it strange that she just looked straight ahead a drove away. Perhaps she was concerned because LE wasn't there. She already told D she wanted LE there so she definitely had some concern. When she arrived and they weren't there, she may have paniced.

What happened after that, I don't know. Wonder if she ever got in touch with the safe house LE gave her the contact info for the day prior?

OH, and it seems MP is in a bit of a panic, per the reaction of his attorney. Can't wait for the wheels of justice to turn at their own pace, need to speed it along. MP must be strapped for cash. Wonder if he's gotten the pass word or whatever to those bank accounts he was so worried about?

MP musta' been caught by surprise and couldn't get his every three day $400 cash withdrawal.

I don't know, but my bet is the bulk of those savings accounts MP was so worried about in the beginning, are GP's 401K $$ and he may have thought he had all the time in the world to use the funds at his own pace. Now her family is going to put a stop of his draining GAIL's retirement $$ so he has his attorney lick-e-tee split run down to the courthouse and file an emergency order for the next day. They probably think there's no way the family could get to the courthouse in time to protest his filing.

interesting,
fran

I don't know, but my bet is the bulk of those savings accounts MP was so worried about in the beginning, are GP's 401K $$ and he may have thought he had all the time in the world to use the funds at his own pace. Now her family is going to put a stop of his draining GAIL's retirement $$ so he has his attorney lick-e-tee split run down to the courthouse and file an emergency order for the next day. They probably think there's no way the family could get to the courthouse in time to protest his filing.
interesting,
fran

[bbm]

...which would be a most valid reason for the Court to deny the request for an expedited hearing. Right?

Don't I recall Matt having the benefit of an ex parte order early on in this process? He sure doesn't like having the shoe on the other foot, does he? He wants his day in court and he wants it RIGHT NOW.

He wants to have everything on his own terms, it seems. Arrogance. Seems to be a theme, IMO.

snipped...

I can't speak for Glorias, but since I posted a similar thought after her post, I'll clarify what I meant.

I've wondered if from near the beginning LE had convincing evidence that this was going to be a recovery effort rather than a rescue effort. Yes, they need to look for her either way, of course, but I can see that different tactics would be appropriate.

That's what I meant as well. I don't like to get too morbid because I know friends and family read here, so I was purposely vague. Your explanation is a good one, thanks Pearl*.

Hollyblue, I'm just thrilled for now, this is NOT going to go away! I bet (IMHO) someone got wind he is turning off electricity and ready to head out of town, ASAP! MP is squirming, and although rumor, now OTHER'S are 'making things complicated' in his eyes I bet! :great:

snipped...

MP had by reports only 10 minutes between when GP was last sighted and he got home unlike JP who had most of a day and all night.

Just wanted to mention that we don't know when something happened to Gail on the 30th. This isn't a clear cut-and-dried scenario of MP only having 10 minutes to "do something", because he easily could have left the house after he got there approximately 12:25 and found Gail was gone. They could have met up somewhere that wasn't the house at any time between 12:25-ish on the 30th and approximately the morning of the 1st when Diane and Arlene would start to worry.

Further, if we take C's sighting as accurate, that means Gail was still on the mountain that evening, meaning MP may also have had "most of a day and all night" to do whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member