TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless I'm mistaken, Atherton was involved only to the extent of Matt's ex parte order, ordering a continuance, and then Matt withdrew the petitions. I don't think there was an actual hearing on any issues. Regardless, transferring the case to Atherton's court is not my problem. My problem is the dissolving of DN and KN's ex parte order without a hearing on their issues, and giving them the opportunity to be present.

But see, I don't think it was quite that severe IMHO. I think the temporary granting of the order was removed, Brown said that his chancery couldn't help because of the way TN law was worded, and then the whole case was sent to Atherton where it will continue in the future. We'll probably have to wait until after the holiday, but I suspect we'll find out a new or reworded filing from K and D's attorney will be submitted to Atherton and this will start up again.

Thanks, glorias. After the read, I wonder essentially the same questions. What was the reason than compeled the Court to move the date of the hearing and why does the perceived need to move the hearing to Chancellor Atherton mean the Order must be dissolved without a hearing?

Brown must have believed the issues addressed in the petition to be worthy in order to sign the Order on Friday.

I know for a FACT that ex parte orders are not necessarily signed by the same judge who ultimately hears the case.

The order had handwritten changes to the satisfaction of the judge when it was signed as temporary, Friday night. MP's attorney's got notice, (Nerdy and unsmart, per Davis) MP may have freaked cause that would mean he can't leave town to enjoy the 4th of July weekend he had planned! THEN it's dissolved? done?, finite?, do the math. IMHO Meanwhile, where's GAIL???

Off topic - Davis and Hoss seem to also have their hands full now....I wonder how that will pan out timewise? http://www.newschannel9.com/articles/mathews-1000978-today-accused.html

and "The three public defenders said they had no forewarning that they were being taken off the case."
http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_200692.asp

Think of the funds that will be funneled in that direction, more MSM coverage...IMHO

Maybe GP recently went to discuss the upcoming divorce, meet a counselor, explaining her concern for the kids and it was only found out through BCBS EOB's MP may have received in the mail, assuming he had family coverage. To me that would explain the location in Birmingham, since it appears AD mentioned GP planned to relocate to the A-Frame house, since she would wait until after the last day of school on May 24th. Showing she had no intention of leaving to go anywhere until then. IMO and confirmed by AD in the radio interview.

More annoying is Davis' need to tell Jammer so he could throw that at AD? I am questioning his scruples! :loser:
IMO.

Jammer seemed to have two missions in that last half hour, in my opinion. He wanted to shoot down AD's claim to be the "best friend" who knew so much--made a big deal of AD not knowing GP was seeing a psychologist in Birmingham, saying, "But you're her best friend. You didn't know? So maybe there were some things you didn't know?"

And piggy-backing on that, he wanted to raise throw gas on the mental instability claims and suggest Gail was being sneaky with money.

And, no way would she plan to leave before school was out, with only three weeks remaining. The idea that she chose that day to leave just doesn't work for SO many reasons.

The more Arlene talked in that broadcast, about specific planning moves Gail was making and the TIMING of all that--occurring in the last week--the more impossible it seems that she would have just happened to disappear that day, due to circumstances unrelated. Or to have "run off"? She'd made too many specific preparations to the contrary.

All order fell apart on April 29. We'd just had the tornados, Matt returned to town much earlier than expected, school was canceled, there was a DV call... then she's gone. Hmmm.

Jammer seemed to have two missions in that last half hour, in my opinion. He wanted to shoot down AD's claim to be the "best friend" who knew so much--made a big deal of AD not knowing GP was seeing a psychologist in Birmingham, saying, "But you're her best friend. You didn't know? So maybe there were some things you didn't know?"
And piggy-backing on that, he wanted to raise throw gas on the mental instability claims and suggest Gail was being sneaky with money.

And, no way would she plan to leave before school was out, with only three weeks remaining. The idea that she chose that day to leave just doesn't work for SO many reasons.

The more Arlene talked in that broadcast, about specific planning moves Gail was making and the TIMING of all that--occurring in the last week--the more impossible it seems that she would have just happened to disappear that day, due to circumstances unrelated. Or to have "run off"? She'd made too many specific preparations to the contrary.

All order fell apart on April 29. We'd just had the tornados, Matt returned to town much earlier than expected, school was canceled, there was a DV call... then she's gone. Hmmm.

I really don't think based on what I heard about the interview yesterday, was the intent or circumstances that were presented today. It appeared to me things may have changed after Jammer spoke to Davis. Jammer appeared to be saving those certain issues for one session (waiting until after the break) so AD didn't have the chance to take a breath and baited her to tell more and more of what she knew.

I wonder if what info did come out today MP and his Reps didn't know, maybe before the AL searches? IMHO, there was a reason Davis told him what he did, without a doubt they want to know what she knows. Interviewing her would not be an option based on the case as it stands. Attacking the friendship, insinuating AD possibly wasn't a close friend afterall, knowing that would make her feel the need to explain every detail. :sigh:

I would love to know AD's intepretation of how the interview went today. IMHO

The order had handwritten changes to the satisfaction of the judge when it was signed as temporary, Friday night. MP's attorney's got notice, (Nerdy and unsmart, per Davis) MP may have freaked cause that would mean he can't leave town to enjoy the 4th of July weekend he had planned! THEN it's dissolved? done?, finite?, do the math. IMHO Meanwhile, where's GAIL???

So...we have atty #1 who describes client as nerdy and unsmart; atty #2 (friend of client) who describes missing person as flat f___d up as quoted by atty #1....

I think I'd go atty shopping myself--but then he's not smart. Oh, well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacKat
Just thinking about what and who Gail gave things to. Random, pattern, simply convenience? Really just thinking out loud...Different states, relationships, and mode of delivery, interesting.

I've wondered that too and it seems like it was maybe motivated by a sense of urgency? JMO, but it seems like when she had time, early on, she turned things over to Arlene in a planned manner, but right before she disappeared, she was handing things out left and right to whomever she trusted that happened to be nearby.

This last week (MOO) deffinately seems to reflect a change in behavior or reflects a stepped-up action plan.

So...we have atty #1 who describes client as nerdy and unsmart; atty #2 (friend of client) who describes missing person as flat f___d up as quoted by atty #1....

I think I'd go atty shopping myself--but then he's not smart. Oh, well!

BBM - I can't imagine MP job searching and that comes up in a public search, what his own lawyer's impression of him is. I wonder if MP loses a case he may have to be defended in....IMHO, would he sue for defamation of character?

Hmmmmm, it's just unprofessional, plain and simple. :loser: <---- I love this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacKat
Just thinking about what and who Gail gave things to. Random, pattern, simply convenience? Really just thinking out loud...Different states, relationships, and mode of delivery, interesting.

This last week (MOO) deffinately seems to reflect a change in behavior or reflects a stepped-up action plan.

BBM - Hmm, it does, but does anyone know when MP arrived early by car on 4/29 if TH was with him? MP had phoned that he was filing for a separation on Tuesday. He had to have known at that point GP knew all about the alleged affair, possibly from his friends the "G's" in AL, and/or no longer cared. This isn't about an affair, it's something much more...IMHO, but what?

Would that be why the argument ended up at the police station instead of at the Palmgren home, anyone know? JMHO

From my perspective, one of the elephants in the room is why didnt GP call AD on 4/30 during the key times before she arrived in SM and after she dropped the kids off? She called her sister, repeatedly IIRC. So far AD has not stated that she was the recipient of any calls made by Gail when driving in her car headed back to SM or when she left the home. Gail's sister was much further away then either AD or her other friends who she left items with....yet Gail called Diane. It is part of the big mystery regarding the case for me.

I watched a show this evening titled the First 48: Missing Persons. It did not concern Gails case, but it gave an EXCELLENT perspective, imo, of what the first few days of a missing persons case looks like, and how little there is for LE to go on until they have had time to dig. For example, they followed the case of a missing 19 year old who was caught on surveillance video walking towards a beach, and not returning. They spent hours combing the water for him, and questioning his college buddies. As the clock ran out the detective determined it was likely foul play. One day later he was found on the premises of his frat house in a closet with a plastic bag on his head. Accidental death due to asphyxiation and inhalants. (nitrous oxide.) They followed another case of a walkaway who called someone stating she was going throw herself off of a bridge. The detective ran cell phone pings, but the battery had died on the phone. They had 200 bridges in the city. Where do you start?

I guess I found it some what easy to apply to this case...we dont know when the focus changed but it did. JMVHO.

Ok--We know she was making preparations to leave. She had a target date in mind, as in after school was out, according to AD on today's broadcast. She was working in stealth mode, gathering evidence, putting finances in order, and distributing important items among other people.

He came home much earlier than expected on April 29. How could that have upset the apple cart? In fact, wasn't he many hours earlier than expected? Could she have been in the middle of some of her "getting ready," and he learned something she wasn't ready for him to find out? Could that have prompted the blow-up that caused the DV call? I wonder if AD knows what Gail was doing on April 29.

From my perspective, one of the elephants in the room is why didnt GP call AD on 4/30 during the key times before she arrived in SM and after she dropped the kids off? She called her sister, repeatedly IIRC. So far AD has not stated that she was the recipient of any calls made by Gail when driving in her car headed back to SM or when she left the home. Gail's sister was much further away then either AD or her other friends who she left items with....yet Gail called Diane. It is part of the big mystery regarding the case for me.

And we have no idea the substance of those calls (understandably). Diane and Kevin are the next of kin, and she had sent the $17,000 to Diane. Diane and Kevin are the ones in line to be fighting for her right now.

I wonder if she was giving any instructions, etc. I wonder if she knew something was about to happen.

I watched a show this evening titled the First 48: Missing Persons. It did not concern Gails case, but it gave an EXCELLENT perspective, imo, of what the first few days of a missing persons case looks like, and how little there is for LE to go on until they have had time to dig. For example, they followed the case of a missing 19 year old who was caught on surveillance video walking towards a beach, and not returning. They spent hours combing the water for him, and questioning his college buddies. As the clock ran out the detective determined it was likely foul play. One day later he was found on the premises of his frat house in a closet with a plastic bag on his head. Accidental death due to asphyxiation and inhalants. (nitrous oxide.) They followed another case of a walkaway who called someone stating she was going throw herself off of a bridge. The detective ran cell phone pings, but the battery had died on the phone. They had 200 bridges in the city. Where do you start?

I guess I found it some what easy to apply to this case...we dont know when the focus changed but it did. JMVHO.

Jammer did address that with AD today in the interview. She appeared to break down a little and said she was in a place that if GP tried to call, she probably would not have had the reception to get it. Obviously, AD thought about that same thing (over and over) since the day GP disappeared. I would assume GP may have tried and could not get through...IMO. If she had Sprint, depending on where GP was at the time, her signal may not have been ideal either. FWIW.

ETA: Sprint records would definately show who called who, when, time, and for how long just by logging into the account online. I hope those records are in the right hands.

I'm praying and praying that that $40k went to the car, because the time-frame is just before Gail started telling people she thought she was being followed. IYKWIM.

I really wish we knew who any tags she got came back to. I'm assuming LE ran them.

The other thing I keep noodling on is that she told several people the following was specifically to get her tags. Thinking about what would make someone think it was to get one's tags, it indicates the follower was following her car very closely, perhaps leaning forward and looking at the back of her car.
Why would someone want to know the tag number? All I can think of is because the person was actually not looking for tag# but just annoyed the person was going too slow and was cussing them out :), to report the person for erratic driving, or to verify for sure that they had the right vehicle/right person.

That's about as far as I got with that noodling.

I wish we knew from the lawyer and his wife directly what they said/thought because these are not facts as WS defines them, are they? (Matt's lawyer said-they-said).
Of all the descriptions of Gail's behavior at various times though, this is the strangest. I think you're so right (bbm) and they could also have been getting a better look at the Goofy hitch-cover or somesuch. Gail's tag was up high and to the side in my memory, (I'll check) and very easy to spot from pretty far behind her, and so I don't think they'd need to be that close to see it. Why anyone would need her tag# except for the reasons you say is hard to fathom. I wonder why she even thought someone would want them?...Matt certainly wouldn't need them, and all the following episodes seemed to be rooted in him.
This was the same day that Gail called AD to come over (I think because she was afraid?) but she couldn't and so sent someone else (ex hubby?) but Gail was gone when he arrived, to friends in Birmingham. If I'm remembering this right, it is another occasion which has pretty equal arguments for a woman acting in fear of a real issue, or under a stress-induced paranoia of some kind. If I really think about the scenario, then a week+ or so before she disappeared her supposed paranoia must have intensified acutely because now, random people were following her rather than watchers sent by Matt.
Thinking that, this rumored scenario fits with nothing else we have heard anywhere. I think confirmation of these statements by the lawyer and his wife would give a real insight into the mental instability argument...so it's interesting that all is quoted by Matt's lawyer rather than the couple themselves?!

Fireflylink, thanks for your post, and please know my intent was not to criticize anybody. (I know I've done that in the past, but I'm trying to work on it :) )I was trying to take a different approach to the original question of, "Where is Gail?"

Surely LE would rather search the most likely areas themselves. Heck, even LE gets accused of contaminating crime scenes. Even more so for volunteers. So could they be using the local parties more for decoy purposes? Just a thought I don't remember being mentioned before. I don't think they would recruit volunteers for this purpose, but hasn't this been a case where volunteers were somewhat forced on them? After all, look at the media headlines that resulted when Tizzio asked AD to stop whatever she was doing.

So, if the group were being dispersed into the more unlikely areas to find anything, I'd go back to the question of where AD was when she got the urgent message to stop what she was doing.

BBM
I absolutely did not take that as a criticism! :) Just clarifying!

I suppose the decoy theory could always be a possibilty, and I would readily entertain that if the volunteer searches were going on now, but the volunteer search parties were organized prior to it becoming an offical missing persons case and the investigation being transitioned over to HCSO. Neither SMPD or HCSO have recruited volunteers for any searches. There has been no input received by LE either suggesting specific areas to search, nor asking for other areas not to be searched.

To be totally honest, this just takes me back to the fact that there are so very many potential places where a vehicle could be concealed on back-woods properties (private properties...), and some collective areas where LE would not care to go. That's not even taking into account the local park or mine areas (some of which require access via private property and gated drives/roads.

Hope this helps...keep the thoughts coming!

I wish we knew from the lawyer and his wife directly what they said/thought because these are not facts as WS defines them, are they? (Matt's lawyer said-they-said).
Of all the descriptions of Gail's behavior at various times though, this is the strangest. I think you're so right (bbm) and they could also have been getting a better look at the Goofy hitch-cover or somesuch. Gail's tag was up high and to the side in my memory, (I'll check) and very easy to spot from pretty far behind her, and so I don't think they'd need to be that close to see it. Why anyone would need her tag# except for the reasons you say is hard to fathom. I wonder why she even thought someone would want them?...Matt certainly wouldn't need them, and all the following episodes seemed to be rooted in him.
This was the same day that Gail called AD to come over (I think because she was afraid?) but she couldn't and so sent someone else (ex hubby?) but Gail was gone when he arrived, to friends in Birmingham. If I'm remembering this right, it is another occasion which has pretty equal arguments for a woman acting in fear of a real issue, or under a stress-induced paranoia of some kind. If I really think about the scenario, then a week+ or so before she disappeared her supposed paranoia must have intensified acutely because now, random people were following her rather than watchers sent by Matt.
Thinking that, this rumored scenario fits with nothing else we have heard anywhere. I think confirmation of these statements by the lawyer and his wife would give a real insight into the mental instability argument...so it's interesting that all is quoted by Matt's lawyer rather than the couple themselves?!

It doesn't make sense, you are correct, IMO. The only place I saw that was what Davis said, the G's said from Alabama, (twice mixed up hearsay, months later, with intent). So therefore, I don't think GP may have even said exactly that.

She may have said she thought she was being followed and had tag#'s and it was misconstrued by the G's. I believe that was another attempt to place GP in a bad light, that is the only thing that makes sense.

Hopefully, she told LE what those tag#s were. MP should have them also knowing GP gave them to him, when she trusted him, or to see how he would react. If she was having him followed, one would think she may suspect the same thing.

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_203652.asp

And we have no idea the substance of those calls (understandably). Diane and Kevin are the next of kin, and she had sent the $17,000 to Diane. Diane and Kevin are the ones in line to be fighting for her right now.

I wonder if she was giving any instructions, etc. I wonder if she knew something was about to happen.

I keep thinking back to this from one of the earliest articles:

Gail Palmgren's whereabouts are a mystery that has only been intensified by her last conversation with her sister Diane, moments before Palmgren was last seen.

"She was nervous. She was anxious. She sounded scared," says Diane Nichols. Palmgren wouldn't say why she was scared but the Nichols made out this much, "She just thought she was being followed."

It was a bizzare conversation and Diane wonders if it's in any way connected to Gail's husband, Matthew Palmgren. "I know they had some marriage problems."

http://www.newschannel9.com/news/palmgren-1001216-nichols-last.html

I think he was delusional and thought he was taking a deposition.... :crazy:

His program was to be an interview with AD...about Gail. He had many MSM reports in the local papers and videos from local news outlets to review the case. So...why his discussion with the opposing attorneys prior to the interview? He was just digging for info and possible slip ups from AD, imo. Did anyone see the line up for his program this week? Interesting. From what I have read on his FB he no longer has a regular spot on this station, I believe he was just filling in this week.

More on the filing that was dismissed:

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_204140.asp

Kevin and Diane apparently specifically stated that MP was endangering the kids, including driving while drunk:

It alleged that Mr. Palmgren has acted in a manner to endanger the children, including allegedly driving while intoxicated while the children were in the car.

And another thing that could possibly be that error in procedure:

An attorney for Matt Palmgren, husband of the missing Gail Palmgren, had vigorously objected to the order, saying Mr. Palmgren or his attorneys were not notified before it was signed.

(snip)

Attorney Lee Davis said the petition was handed to Chancellor Brown just before closing time on Friday and his office did not receive a call about it until 45 minutes later.

Attorney Davis said, "In Chattanooga, we don't treat members of the bar like that."

Although that sounds like an error on the court's part. Surely it's not the lawyer's fault if they deliver paperwork to the court and the judge decides to sign it really quick before he leaves for the day.

His program was to be an interview with AD...about Gail. He had many MSM reports in the local papers and videos from local news outlets to review the case. So...why his discussion with the opposing attorneys prior to the interview? He was just digging for info and possible slip ups from AD, imo. Did anyone see the line up for his program this week? Interesting. From what I have read on his FB he no longer has a regular spot on this station, I believe he was just filling in this week.

I was just looking him up too. He was fired back in January, if you look him up in a Google search, there are dozens of articles about him, all saying he was fired :waitasec: He was only added back on the line up last Sunday when Andrae McGary went on vacation:

http://chattanoogan.com/articles/article_204033.asp

Seems he used to host a show called "Equal Opportunity Offender Network". Why he of all people was interviewing someone regarding a newsworthy case is beyond me.

I question whether the disclosure was necessary at all for the filings that were argued yesterday. That continues to irritate me. I don't think GN and KN's lawyer agreed to any impropriety. I thought she just said that even IF it were the case that procedures were not followed, it did not alter the facts. I thought she was working toward an alternative argument to preserve the case rather than admitting error.

I want to know if the attorneys really DID make an error after all. It's hard for me to believe they would not have known proper procedure.

Was the 40K brought up for disclosure also? If they are concerned about the monies, why not his part too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme