TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, confused. I corrected it after I saw a note from someone else. I misspoke.

Per AD, during the time Gail disappeared until 5/02 and they talked him into calling 911 and report Gail missing, he'd told the kids Gail was at the lake with AD.

hth,
fran

No problem. Just thought that was something I hadn't heard.

4/14/11 GP sends a $17K cashiers check to her sis (6 mos living expenses should MP cut her off bank accounts after she leaves him with kids)

4/16/11 GP tells AD she's getting everything ready for divorce...setting up counseling for children, waiting for PI report,

4/14/11 - 14/29/11 GP was sending AD things to keep them away from MP, getting ammunition for the impending divorce.

So, on 4/23/11, there's a call to 911 and the alleged subsequent argument that MP wouldn't get in the car.

on 4/23/11 GP goes to the lake house with the kids + dog. Calls AD, says she's scared, tells AD to come and get her. AD says she can't (she's out of state) and calls Mike = ex...............AD calls GP back says Mike is coming to get her and just stay there...................Mike gets there and GP and kids are gone. ? When AD spoke to GP, she explained she left because of the ? (dog?), AD said they could have taken care of that.

4/23/11 GP + kids + dog get to M&KG's house in Alabama........GP tells them she's being followed, tells them MP is cheating, has jewels and asks KG to hold them, goes to the pharmacy for Easter baskets, gets upset and accuses them of trying to take her children and she calls 911.

4/24/11 Easter

4/24 or 4/25 GP + kids + dog go back to SM, .........MP is out of town, left for already scheduled business trip.

4/25/11 - 4/28/11 While MP is out of town, leaves scheduled business meeting and drives out of state to allegedly meet g/f..............while gone he calls GP and tells her he's filing for a legal separation the next week.

4/28/11 GP meets with her PI. He gives her the goods on MP. He's having an affair. The PI also followed MP to the atm on one occasion and then he followed MP where he met with and unid'd stranger in a coffee shop.

4/29/11 MP was scheduled to return that evening after 11 P.M. at the airport. Instead he shows up at the home around noon. (apparently driving back with his g/f)

4/29/11 Reports of a 911 call and now rumors that the altercation took place at the police station. GP was given the # of a safe house and she was leaving for the lake house. MP was to stay at the family home on SM.

4/29/11 GP meets up with AD.....is scheduled to meet up the next day for Mike's bday party.

4/30/11 Next thing AD knows, GP is on her way or at SM.......the night of 4/29 was the last time AD talked to GP.

4/30/11 6:30 a.m. GP calls her sister and she's going back to SM and is scared and wants her sis to call LE and have them meet her at the SM home.

4/30/11 12:00 GP arrives at the SM home, drops off the kids and dog

4/30/11 12:15 P.M., GP is seen by neighbor as she drives away from family home,

4/30/11 approximately 12:15 GP talks to her sis on the cell phone...................had already dropped the kids off

4/30/11 MP tells the kid she's at the lake with AD (per AD)

.......................silence..............................

Where is Gail?
Where is the PI report?
Where is AD's computer?
Where is the key to the boat?

5/02/11.............GP's cell phone *pings* ONCE on the road back to KY, and MP's mom and dad's homes....................

Where is Gail?

fran

PS........coincidence? That MP now has the jewels GP left with M&KG and now MG has reportedly spoken THRU MP'S CRIMINAL ATTORNEY, that GP was all f'd up when she was there and now MG is employed by MP as his attorney against his previous employer so now has attorney/client obligations.........

Where is Gail?

Phew! Okay. I did hear Arlene say that.

It actually seems reasonable to me that he wouldn't want to upset the kids by telling them he didn't know where in the heck she was.

I'm not big on scaring the bejesus out of kids without any need to do so. Life's hard enough. I'm not big on lying to them either, but given a choice between telling a 12 and a 9 year old:

"OH MY GOD IN HEAVEN WE DON'T KNOW WHERE THE HELL-O YOUR MOTHER IS!!!!"

and saying:

"Your mom's with Arlene at the lake house for a few days. Let's go out to the yard and throw a ball around for a while, shall we?"

I'd choose curtain #2 until I figured out what was going on, and hopefully had less upsetting info to give them.

But that's just me.

bolded by me.

So this means Gail didn't tell the children where she was going when she dropped them off at home on 4/30. MP wouldn't have had to give them any explanation, they would have told him where she had gone.

bolded by me.

So this means Gail didn't tell the children where she was going when she dropped them off at home on 4/30. MP wouldn't have had to give them any explanation, they would have told him where she had gone.

Or, maybe she did tell them she was going to the lake house to be with AD, and he just agreed.

You know, "Dad, mom said she was going back to the lake house....."

"Yep, that's where she is."

I don't think that tells us anything new.

Ok, I may have been confused here as to what Oriah was saying. I thought it was the same route. But as you can see, I'm not from that area and have no sense of direction. Heck, I needed a GPS and mapquest to get me across the U.S. and back. (needed a back-up!)

Anyway, perhaps you have more of a sense of what the road leads to where the last *ping* of GP's cell phone was.

fran

Here's all I've seen reported in MSM about cell activity - no confirmation if they pings, texts, voice.

Searchers comb Signal for missing woman
http://timesfreepress.com/news/2011/may/23/searchers-comb-signal-missing-woman/?news

Times Free Press – published Monday, May 23rd, 2011

The last signal from Palmgren’s cell phone was reported near Mountain Creek Road two days after she went missing.

Missing woman search continues for Gail Palmgren
http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2011/may/17/missing-woman-search-continues-gail-palmgren/?news

Times Free Press – Tuesday, May 17th, 2011

Nichols said traces on Gail Palmgren’s cellphone directed police to an area near the north base of Signal Mountain. The last time there was activity on the cellphone was May 2, the same day the missing person’s report was filed, Nichols said.

From all that I have gathered, it seems the radio station that interviewed AD is very conservative, vs, imo, the opposite of D & K's attorney's firm. JMO. Just sayin'. Maybe the locals could chime in?

It's talk radio, pretty much the one popular station here dedicated for that. I would say somewhat conservative like politics goes around here, IMHO. This was his 'only' week (filling in for someone taking his original spot) after being fired and I am sure wanted to make it stand out, he IS job hunting. FWIW.

snipped

My opinion - I think the phone was either tossed or destroyed, possibly in that area since that was the last place it pinged.

I have always thought so as well. I even think that the moment it pinged is the moment it hit something (or was run over by a vehicle, some kind of damage like that). The reason I think that is I've dropped my own cell phone numerous times, and it always goes off then tries to come back on. It gets no signal (no bars) until it reconnects which takes a minute or two.

The other theory that is chilling but makes sense is one someone mentioned very early on (I've forgotten who, sorry) -- that the phone was on/in something in a body of water nearby, and that something floated to the top on the 2nd, allowing the phone to ping.

bolded by me.

Personally, I'm not assuming Gail didn't tell them something. She might have said she was going to the store or the bank or to visit Susie Button and would be back in a few minutes.

When she didn't return, and the clock kept ticking, I'm sure they would have asked Matt, and he had to tell them something so they wouldn't worry.

(I'm so glad they're in counseling. I feel terrible for them.)

FWIW, I think it was a great question regarding whether or not Arlene was in the car with Gail during the siting-a perfect means for Arlene to absolutely state that she was not...in the event anyone was actually thinking that. Perfect question, perfect response and then you move on. Kudos to both.

IF he was such an interrogator, I wonder why he didn't ask AD to elaborate on GP's attendance to Al-Anon? Narry a word. He just glossed over it as if she didn't say the word Al-Anon.

(I think everyone knows what Al-Anon is.)

In another interview, AD told SMM that GP had found through Al-Anon that she couldn't fix the problem (ie meaning his drinking too much) and she tried to talk him into getting help. AD even elaborated on that GP told him she was afraid he'd get in so much trouble at work from his drinking that he'd loose his job. He refused.

I'm sure AD's statements could be checked.

Just curious,
fran

BBM. Are M&KG the Birmingham people? Was that in the Jammer interview? Is the Jammer show where it came from that Gail told them Matt was cheating and she was leaving him?

I didn't see the Jammer show and there is no archive I've found, so I'm at the mercy of those who listened to it.

Arlene said names, I wrote it down, are we allowed to post that?

AD did (tearfully) make reference to a missed call. She speculated a reception glitch caused her to miss the call. She also said, if I'm not mistaken, that there was only one missed call.

I'm wishing now that I had recorded that broadcast after all. Does anybody know of a way to get a recording from WGOW? Surely they made one, but I can't find it online.

I've been looking for it since yesterday to no avail. Even contacted the station with no answer. I can't listen to broadcasts during the day because of work so I assumed there would be an archive to listen to later that night.

Would they even bother to archive a show done by a temporary replacement who happened to be a guy they fired back in January, anyway?

Yes, I've been wanting those names. I heard it but didn't understand it. If we can post it, I want to add him to my Martindale-Hubbell listing post, assuming he's really a lawyer.

BBM. Really? How do you know?

Respectfully, I don't know. If I did, I would be at the police station. It is my opinion and I mean the whole statement, including the part about being warmer. All of it. I thought I said at least once that it was my opinion, but If I didn't, I apologize and I will edit immediately to add that. This is a theory that I have rarely, if ever, seen mentioned here or other places and I definitely think it's something that is worthy of discussion. Most of my theories and thoughts about this case are based on things that have happened in other similar cases I have heard about in my life. To me, this case is not that different. If you believe harm has come to Gail, this case has a whole lot of motive, in my opinion. I also put a lot of stock in statistics. In other cases similar to this one, the previously mentioned scenario has happened. It's one of the oldest ones in the book. All, just my opinion.

While the Jammer had the attorney on the phone, wonder if he asked him when was the LAST TIME MP SPOKE TO GP?

I mean, everyone is so concerned with when AD last talked to GP, when she last saw her? When did Matt talk to her last? When did MP last see GP?:waitasec:

just wonderin'
fran

Yes, depends on what part of KY. You go down the mountain on 127, to 27S and get on I-24 N to head towards Nashville and then central Kentucky. Take 127 to I-24 (for a few miles) to catch I-75N, is the shortest route to Lexington, as I recall.

You can go to Crossville, hit I-40 to Knoxville, hit I-75 to Kentucky.

snipped

Reports of a 911 call and now rumors that the altercation took place at the police station.

I don't know which part you mean is rumor. They were at the police station, the report showed that, so that's not rumor. If you mean the altercation is rumor, then I would agree in that we don't know WHAT was going on while they were at the station, only that she was given a safe house number and Gail decided to go to the lake house.

I don't know if the names can be posted. I'm just trying to find out where the names came from, and where it came from that Gail told them Matt was having an affair and she was leaving him.

snipped

IIRC, the first thing the Jammer did was say he'd contacted the attorney for the husband, Davis. (imho, he shoulda' said his CRIMINAL def lawyer!)

Within the first few minutes or two he talked to AD, he asked her, 'was that you on the logging trail with Gail?'

I think this was the first <hint> of what was to come.

From what I have heard in discussion, the interview brings up something I have been really concerned about since Arlene became a sort of unofficial spokesperson. I know this will make me about as popular as a mosquito bite around here, but I want to put this out there. It is entirely my own opinion and theory:

Arlene is enthusiastic, but she really does have a tendency to say that she's Gail's only friend, she knows everything, she's working on the case while Gail's family, friends, and LE are all dropping the ball, etc. Keep in mind that Susie Button is the first one who told us that MP was having an affair with someone at BCBS -- clearly Arlene isn't the only one with info.

Jammer and MP's attorneys have picked up on that. Arlene may be doing good work, but her attitude makes her a HUGE target for people who are defending MP. Not just attitude but the fact that LE has been saying occasionally that she's interfering with the investigation. People on forums who want to defend MP attack Arlene, too.

And now, the lawyers are doing something I was afraid they would -- not just attack Arlene's veracity, but try to pin any crime that's uncovered on Arlene. That's why Jammer implied she was the one in the Jeep with Gail on the trails.

Not only can lawyers make a case that Arlene is self-aggrandizing herself with this case, they can point out that it's weird that Arlene knows everything up until the day Gail disappeared and for the days after she disappeared, but somehow coincidentally knows nothing about the 30th itself. She didn't even talk to Gail that day, which sounds contradictory. It sounds suspicious.

I'm not accusing anyone of anything. I'm just saying that Arlene is in a position right now where things can get really bad for her really quickly.

Ok, I may have been confused here as to what Oriah was saying. I thought it was the same route. But as you can see, I'm not from that area and have no sense of direction. Heck, I needed a GPS and mapquest to get me across the U.S. and back. (needed a back-up!)

Anyway, perhaps you have more of a sense of what the road leads to where the last *ping* of GP's cell phone was.

fran

Sorry for the confusion, fran! I've been diligently working on the last known pings, towers, etc. :waitasec:

I am baffled as well, fbx. IIRC, Gail told a number of people - Matt, Arlene, the Birmingham people, Susie, her sister - that she thought she was being followed.

She wasn't shy about calling 911 - she called them, per LE, because her husband got out of the car and was walking home.

But she didn't call them to report she thought she was being followed?

The simple answer is usually the correct answer. She did. I'd bet on it.

An interview with AD on SMM said Gail did talk to them. Diane called LE for Gail, and LE called Gail back to talk to her as she was driving home that day. Whether she called LE or they called her, she spoke with them. But they weren't at the house when she got there. That's why I speculate she dropped the kids off and drove to the police station since it was so nearby. Or TRIED to drive to the station but got waylaid somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member