TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. What sorts of things are you seeing that lead to your gut feeling on that? You think Matt was a sort of "have my cake and eat it too" kind of guy, perhaps? I'm pretty intrigued, I'd love to hear your thoughts on your idea.

Exactly that. I don't think he was THAT serious over TH. It was just an image he liked to portray, imo. Mr. Casanova. We've seen over time how important his image is to him. There have been mulitiple reports of this, plus the added "unconfirmed" relationship with the gal in GA, but AD said she got from TH's estanged hubby, who got it from their teen daughter.

Curious if he did speak to a lawyer regarding a separation/divorce before GP's disappearance.

:waitasec: Now I can't find where I "thought" I saw it. I may have to delete it.
:blushing:

ETA: Assistant DA.

Assistant District Attorney (1994-1998), Mr. Davis prosecuted serious felony cases including cold case homicide investigations and more than twenty first degree murder cases.

http://www.davis-hoss.com/lee-davis/

http://freecasteel.org/wrong2/?page_id=16

<snipet>"The opening statements were made by Lee Davis, the special prosecutor in this case. Later, he was fired from the District Attorney&#8217;s (DA) office by District Attorney Bill Cox, after Davis decided to run for DA. Lee Davis was then hired by the victims&#8217; families for only one dollar. Davis said the state would prove that Frank had committed this crime. The state did not prove anything beyond a reasonable doubt. The state would put 12 people &#8211; not witnesses &#8211; just people in the area &#8211; on the stand, who will say Frank pointed a gun at them. The prosecution would also use the letters that were sent to Marie Hill. These letters bring up more questions."<snipet>

This information is with regard to the infamous ATV Murders some years ago on Signal Mountain but...I found it to be very interesting information with regard to the past the 2 primary legal figures (MP's Criminal Defense Attorney, Lee Davis and the current D.A. of Hamilton County ....Bill Cox) in the Gail Palmgren Missing Case seem to share a past professional relationship of sorts ~ More reading material for you all:
http://freecasteel.org/wrong2/?page_id=12

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_58814.asp

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_63853.asp

http://freecasteel.org/wrong2/?page_id=28

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_35751.asp

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_35837.asp

http://www.accessnorthgeorgia.com/detail.php?n=195848&c=2

I agree... Melydia Clewell is saying LE hasn't even been able 2 confirm who took them home.

That seems to be just her opinion. I asked if that was from LE, and hasn't answered.

She also hasn't answered if she knows when the AL property and Lake Jordan searches might be.

And... we seem to know more about the case than she does, e.g., she didn't know Matt had said in an affidavit that he proposed to Gail to meet back at the house.

I'm sorry for creating a stir. I should have waited to see how the conversation went.

I agree... Melydia Clewell is saying LE hasn't even been able 2 confirm who took them home.

This is probably just a semantics thing, but does anyone know: Has LE been unable to confirm, or have they not actually tried to confirm? By that I mean, have they asked other neighbors and done other investigation since they are not allowed to talk to the kids, or are they passive and not really looking into it anyway because they don't think a crime has been committed?

That seems to be just her opinion. I asked if that was from LE, and hasn't answered.

She also hasn't answered if she knows when the AL property and Lake Jordan searches might be.

And... we seem to know more about the case than she does, e.g., she didn't know Matt had said in an affidavit that he proposed to Gail to meet back at the house.

I'm sorry for creating a stir. I should have waited to see how the conversation went.

Opinion or not, I suspect she is right IF LE indeed hasn't been allowed to talk to the children..JMHO

This is probably just a semantics thing, but does anyone know: Has LE been unable to confirm, or have they not actually tried to confirm? By that I mean, have they asked other neighbors and done other investigation since they are not allowed to talk to the kids, or are they passive and not really looking into it anyway because they don't think a crime has been committed?

Good question. Has Susie Button been interviewed? I was really surprised when I saw that screen that the kids were last to see Gail per LE. Up till then, I thought, for some reason, that Susie's sighting had been vetted by LE.

Since then, I assumed she'd talked with LE, but hadn't seen enough of the driver's face to be able to say for sure it was Gail.

Now you have me wondering if she's ever even talked to LE.

Just got an answer:

CaseSignal Case Signal (BeanE)
@Nosie_Rosie Has LE told you they need to talk to the kids directly? Or are they ok w/how the situation is now?
1 hour ago
in reply to @CaseSignal &#8593;

@Nosie_Rosie
Melydia Clewell
@CaseSignal I did not ask that specific ?. Tone of talks w/them indicate they're not happy w/lack of access to Matt & kids.
4 minutes ago via web

Just got an answer:

CaseSignal Case Signal (BeanE)
@Nosie_Rosie Has LE told you they need to talk to the kids directly? Or are they ok w/how the situation is now?
1 hour ago
in reply to @CaseSignal &#8593;

@Nosie_Rosie
Melydia Clewell
@CaseSignal I did not ask that specific ?. Tone of talks w/them indicate they're not happy w/lack of access to Matt & kids.
4 minutes ago via web

BBM I'm sure. It must be very difficult to investigate a missing person or criminal case when you can't talk to 3 of the most essential witnesses. JMHO

Anybody can request one for someone else. It's just a simple form you fill out online, and all you need is the person's old and new addresses.

One time my older son missed getting a college financial aid check because he had moved back home from an apartment that he had used as his main address (bad idea for a student). In order to get the check sent again, I changed his address with the post office - took five minutes, didn't need his signature, easy.

It always begs the question too - if MP got a change of address form, what new address was listed on it? We know nothing about that from the police or media so far.

I requested one for my ex when he moved in. We got a confirmation at my house. I don't know if one was sent to his old house. after he moved and I told him that I saw his bank statement proving that he was into internet sex and strippers (part of the reason for the breakup), his mail "suddenly" stopped coming to my house, but I didn't receive any notification that his address had changed. I also applied for his driver's license to changed to have my address on it.

I did both these things on the internet with his knowledge, but the internet did not know it was me and not him. Once, I also went to the hall of records in Chattnooga to get my own birth certificate. I called them and told them to prepare it, drove from GA to get it. They just handed it to me when I asked for it. No license or proof that I was the owner of the birth certificate. I thought to myself that i could have requested my dead grandmother's certificate and made myself a new driver's license!

From this article, what jumped out at me was "Matthew Palmgren has submitted DNA, consented to property searches and lost his job over his wife's disappearance. He has not been charged with a crime."

Interesting how Gail is presented as the cause of MP's problems. She did NOT cause him to lose his job. His impropriety and dishonesty did.

Of interest, I posted this at the BGHN on facebook and MP's brother KP was responding to posts over there. You may want to scroll through there to glean his response to things. He basically said we are throwing stones at his brother and wonders, "how does MPs being fired by BCBS help the children." IMO, MP should have thought about that question long before he crossed the bridge in misusing BCBS funds and equipment. This has nothing to do with the children, and I don't think that trump card can be used now!

I don't know if the firing helps the kids, but it sure might help my premiums, after seeing his salary, I see where they go.

snipped

I did both these things on the internet with his knowledge, but the internet did not know it was me and not him. Once, I also went to the hall of records in Chattnooga to get my own birth certificate. I called them and told them to prepare it, drove from GA to get it. They just handed it to me when I asked for it. No license or proof that I was the owner of the birth certificate. I thought to myself that i could have requested my dead grandmother's certificate and made myself a new driver's license!

That's the big question mark over the change of address form: If it was done online, was it with Gail's knowledge? At first I was convinced that if the change was done on April 30th, it wasn't done by Gail. But then we recently learned the change of address was to a PO box, and Jammer in the first interview said it was filled out on April 28th and not 30th. I don't know if he's right or not, since some of the info he got was IMVHO biased. But then Irish_Eyes just today said using a PO box was suggested in some literature she read on domestic violence, so now I think there's a chance it could have been Gail all along.

BBM I'm sure. It must be very difficult to investigate a missing person or criminal case when you can't talk to 3 of the most essential witnesses. JMHO

Personally, I'm extremely concerned about the devastating effect this may have on the children. To be honest I am even concerned about their safety..JMHO

Has anyone heard if DN's attorneys have filed for a new court hearing regarding GAL representation for GP's two minor children, GP's family visitation rights, and protection from access to GP's separate assets as well as her portion of the marital assets?

TIA

I conducted some research on domestic violence last night and wanted to share the info I found below with you all:

"Perpetrators of Domestic Violence"

"There is no typical domestic violence perpetrator, but psychologists have identified some common characteristics. Many abusers suffer from low self-esteem, and their sense of self and identity is tied to their partner. Therefore, if abusers feel they are somehow losing the victim, either through separation, divorce, emotional detachment, or pregnancy (fearing victims will replace love for them with love for a child), they will lash out. If victims "leave" through any of these methods, abusers feel they are losing power, control, and their self-identity. This is why it is particularly dangerous for victims during periods of separation or divorce from their partner. Abusers will often do anything to maintain control and keep the victim under control. This dynamic also makes escalating violence inevitable, as many victims must become emotionally unavailable, or must physically leave, in order to survive."
BBM

http://www.ncvc.org/ncvc/main.aspx?dbName=DocumentViewer&DocumentID=32347

(I hope the link works okay...this is my first attempt at doing this here. Anyway, the above quoted passage is from The National Center for Victims of Crime, ncvc.org and has some very interesting info regarding dv, imho.)

Some1

snipped

That's the big question mark over the change of address form: If it was done online, was it with Gail's knowledge? At first I was convinced that if the change was done on April 30th, it wasn't done by Gail. But then we recently learned the change of address was to a PO box, and Jammer in the first interview said it was filled out on April 28th and not 30th. I don't know if he's right or not, since some of the info he got was IMVHO biased. But then Irish_Eyes just today said using a PO box was suggested in some literature she read on domestic violence, so now I think there's a chance it could have been Gail all along.

I'm with you. When I heard it was done on 4/30 I thought no way it was Gail, since she was driving back from lake house all morning. I thought it must have been done to make it look like she left. But when I heard 4/28 I started to wonder.

Here is just one of many links that recommends that women leaving abusive relationships forward mail to a PO Box:

http://www.ncvc.org/ncvc/AGP.Net/Components/documentViewer/Download.aspxnz?DocumentID=41373

Also recommended in this and/or other sites:

- leaving cash and important papers with several people so that if you need to leave on a moment's notice hopefully you can get to at least one of them.

- taking valuable jewelry with you (I guess because you could convert it easily to cash if you needed to instead of accessing a bank account?)

This COA opens up some questions for me. I think she was not planning on being the one to stay in the Signal Mountain home, otherwise she wouldn't be making all these plans. Also, she probably couldn't afford that home on her own, even with generous child support and alimony. IMHO if she was planning on moving to the lake house there would be no need for a PO Box to hide her real address. MP obviously knew where the lake house was - he owns it too. Arlene's being so close to the lake house makes me think she wasn't going there. Home to NY? Back to some area they had lived before? I doubt it, as if they were getting a divorce the court usually frowns on a parent moving out of state, unless both parents agree. My guess is somewhere in TN, but with a little distance from MP. Had she already looked at a place? How close was she to leaving and where was she going to go?

Also worth noting: GP passed of her money, jewelry, etc. and rented her PO Box BEFORE LE gave her the number of the safe place to stay. So she must have been advised about these things before her interaction with LE. By her counselor? a hotline? an attorney? Or just by researching it for herself online?

Diane, Gail's sister stated they were in the middle of a legal separation. Also, the $17K GP sent to Diane.

The challenge I have with this is that no papers had been filed and no attorney has stepped forward, at least in the public domain, indicating he/she was retained by Gail. Matt allegedly hired Hoss and co on the day he reported her missing, is that correct?

So neither appears to have been represented prior to Gail's disappearance, other than possibly by PI's...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexisboyd