TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From my experience, if a company sends you, all expenses paid, to a conference, barring an emergency, you are expected to attend. It is very easy for your absence to be noted as there may be other employees from the same company there, too. The penalty for this could very well be termination and remember, TN is an at will state, so they don't have to give a reason but this is a perfectly acceptable one. At the least, if he wasn't fired, his reputation with his employer would be seriously tarnished. He had only worked there for 2 yrs. This company has over 60,000 job applications on file. In TN, a job with this company is highly desired. They don't put up with shenanigans at any level because they don't have to. This is one fact that has really troubled me because this is common knowledge. Why risk serious repercussions with your employer? To spend time with someone you have been having an affair with for months? I don't buy it. In my opinion, there was something very important going on for him to just skip that conference. And the plans for him to fly home were scrapped and he instead went with TH to buy a new car and drive back to TN? This has seemed suspicious to me from the beginning. All of this is my opinion.:twocents:

I agree. My experience with corporate culture in an at-will state is that they don't need months to get all the info together to fire someone. Days or weeks should do it.

My personal opinion is that they knew Matt and Tammy were an item and turned a blind eye to it until it became well known through Gail's disappearance AND until they were off who-knows-where the weekend before Gail disappeared. If Clive's information is correct, Tammy dropped Matt off at the house early when he was supposed to be at that conference, and Gail panicked as a result of that. BCBS wouldn't want anything to do with either Matt or Tammy and, since they skipped a conference and it's an at-will work state, they only needed a few weeks to get everything together to terminate them with little risk of legal retaliation.

In my opinion, I see no reason to believe Matt was already on notice from BCBS and Gail was in the know about this.

As for them skipping out that particular weekend, yes, I agree that it is extremely coincidental that they were off doing whatever and buying new cars the weekend before Gail disappeared forever. It could be a coincidence, it could be that Gail freaked out when they returned early in a new car and drove off in a panic, who knows. But I personally feel there is a connection there.

Matt hired his PI on the same day he hired his attorneys, which I have reason to believe was on May 3 :angel:, but we know it by May 6, because that's the day his attorneys filed docs on his behalf. So it was the first week Gail went missing, rather than three.

I also wonder if he had a PI prior to Gail disappearing, but haven't seen any indications yet that he did. Except *maybe* if Gail actually was being followed as she reported to several people.

I have to be honest regarding Gail's PI. I am not 100% sure she had one. We only have one source on that, and that's Arlene, and I've listened carefully to Arlene's interviews specifically to hear, but haven't heard anything indicating she ever met the PI.

If you listen closely to Arlene's interviews, you'll hear her say repeatedly, regarding both Gail and LE, "I told her to do such and such.", "I told them to go do whatever."

Back to what I'd posted about possible assertions of control on Gail's part by not being where she'd agreed to be with Arlene, it could also be, if Arlene was "telling" Gail to get a PI, along with everything else she was "telling" her to do, that perhaps Gail agreed, told Arlene she had, but never actually did.

Does anyone know if anyone has any of the reports Arlene said the PI turned over to Gail on the 28th? Any letters or documents with letterhead maybe that would confirm Gail indeed had a PI?

While on this subject, the same applies to the tracker on Matt's car. Is there anything or anyone that could substantiate that Gail actually did put the tracker on Matt's car like Arlene "told" her to?

With all due respect, I think this a bit of a stretch. With all the talk of the PI, surely it's been confirmed one way or the other and if found that if infact she didn't I would expect LE at this point to atleast let the family know.

Granted AD does not possess a PhD, but I don't think she coo coo for cocoa puffs yet. I see no reason to doubt her, but that's MOO.

I agree. The whole LE situation with Arlene began when she was torked about them waving her off. Not interested in the DVR plus not interested in what she had to say. She told them ask me anything....I know, so I don't think a LDT would be a problem with her...just who administers it. ;) Can't say I blame her. MP and his family have nothing to add or aid in finding GP...just hiring defense attorneys. AD hasn't felt the need, apparently. IMO

Yeah, this increase in insisting Arlene hasn't cooperated with LE is kind of ironic, considering she began her crusade because LE wouldn't take the information she had on the case. Again, I have concerns about how Arlene acts when she gets upset online, but it's pretty disingenuous to say she's not cooperating with LE, in my honest opinion.

Thanks for the reply. I'm going to go out on a limb here. It doesn't make sense.
First, Diane says "I know they had some marriage problems"
Then, she says "Gail and Matt recently filed for a legal separation", the article continues...Police came to the Palmgren residence the day before she was last seen, responding to a domestic dispute call.
The whole line, to me, seems out of place. Just wondering if this is in print in multiple papers. I wonder if someone heard or overheard something. I would think a copy would be out there if it was legit. Just doesn't add up to me.

Bare with me, but if "they" had filed, Matt and Gail, together, for a separation why would Matt then file again

Husband Of Missing Signal Mountain Woman Files For Legal Separation
posted May 10, 2011

The husband of a missing Signal Mountain woman has filed for a legal separation and obtained a court order giving him custody of their two children.
http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_200931.asp

If there was a standing order of separation or if the order was dissolved surely that would have made headlines.

Just the messenger here. Maybe it was a mistake or misquote?

snipped

I think around here somewhere, I saw or heard that AD is in the process of having copies made of the harddrive at her local PD. So, her local agency has talked to her, somewhat.

I heard AD say, in her first Jammer interview I believe, that she wasn't willing to give the ORIGINAL harddrive to LE because she feared it would disappear. But at the same time, she said she had PROMISED Gail that she wouldn't give it to anyone but Gail herself. When LE initially refused to even get involved with the harddrive, is most likely when AD decided she couldn't trust anyone.

You're right. The entire segment continues after she says "on my own terms":

J: Will you at this point cooperate with Signal Mountain police, Hamilton County Sheriff's Department, will you cooperate with authorities, maybe to end and to get some closure?

A: If it's on my terms.

J: And what kind of terms are those?

A: If they want this DVR, it's going to have to stay in Alabama and be viewed down here where it's still in my possession.

J: What about making a copy?

A: If they want to send me the materials, if they want to send me a hard drive to take it to a local police department to let them copy it on there, then I will do that, where they can have a copy of it.

J: Alright. Well, Arlene...

A: As long as law enforcement down here does it, then it's not tampering with evidence.

And let's not forget, they are the dang police. If they want that DVR and think it's evidence of a crime, they can GET IT from her legally. But LE doesn't think a crime has been committed, which I'm sure is part of the reason they're not trying to get the DVR, didn't get those computers, didn't search the properties for months after Gail's disappearance, etc.

LE is supposed to have control in these cases. Instead, everything is out of their control. They don't have the DVR, they don't have the computers, they can't/won't get search warrants.

snipped

First, Diane says "I know they had some marriage problems"
Then, she says "Gail and Matt recently filed for a legal separation",

I brought that up before, but I was told very curtly that "obviously" it was a mistake by the media and didn't mean anything.

However, in the first Jammer interview, he said:

there was talk of legal separation not that long before she left. She knew this divorce was coming, she talked about leaving

Arlene did not contest this when Jammer said it. It's about 16:00 into the interview.

My opinion -- and an opinion others shared IIRC early on here on WS -- is that they were already starting some paperwork for the separation before Gail disappeared. Some of us speculated that Matt got the paperwork in so quickly, just a week after she disappeared, because it had already been started.

This is my opinion, personal feeling, my own speculation, etc. etc. etc.

Just the messenger here. Maybe it was a mistake or misquote?

I think as you said it may be a misprint or misquote. I'm impressed you found it because I think I have gone through about eight zillion articles to find something quoting her (DN).

snipped

I brought that up before, but I was told very curtly that "obviously" it was a mistake by the media and didn't mean anything.

Arlene did not contest this when Jammer said it. It's about 16:00 into the interview.

My opinion -- and an opinion others shared IIRC early on here on WS -- is that they were already starting some paperwork for the separation before Gail disappeared. Some of us speculated that Matt got the paperwork in so quickly, just a week after she disappeared, because it had already been started.

Apparently it came from Arlene that Matt had an appointment with an attorney Tuesday May 3 to see about getting a separation:

Just before she drove off into the sunset, Gail told Arlene that Matt had called to say he was going to see a lawyer the following Tuesday about getting a legal separation.

http://chattanoogan.com/articles/article_203035.asp

('She' is Arlene)

She said Gail told her that Matt was due to fly back into town on Friday at 11:35 p.m. from the conference. But she said he was back before noon.

Gail said she only talked with Matt once on the phone that week. He told her he "would be filing for a legal separation on Tuesday."

She said Gail replied, "Okay."

http://chattanoogan.com/articles/article_203035.asp

Well, there ya go then. Thanks, holly.

Oriah - look here (I can't find my up arrow. :floorlaugh:)

:waitasec: Now I can't find where I "thought" I saw it. I may have to delete it.
:blushing:

ETA: Assistant DA.

Assistant District Attorney (1994-1998), Mr. Davis prosecuted serious felony cases including cold case homicide investigations and more than twenty first degree murder cases.

http://www.davis-hoss.com/lee-davis/

snipped

I think I read somewhere that Matt told Gail he was going to file on Tuesday, which would be like 5-2.

Just before she drove off into the sunset, Gail told Arlene that Matt had called to say he was going to see a lawyer the following Tuesday about getting a legal separation. http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_203035.asp

But then again, this is unconfirmed information.

:waitasec: Now I can't find where I "thought" I saw it. I may have to delete it.
:blushing:

ETA: Assistant DA.

Assistant District Attorney (1994-1998), Mr. Davis prosecuted serious felony cases including cold case homicide investigations and more than twenty first degree murder cases.

http://www.davis-hoss.com/lee-davis/

Also on his Linked In:
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/lee-davis/2b/337/58b

Current
Lawyer at Davis & Hoss,PC
Adjunct Professor at University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
Past
Asst. District Atty. at Hamilton County District Attorney
Trial Practice- Instructor at University of Tennessee
Special Projects & Admissions at Middlesex School

I think I read somewhere that Matt told Gail he was going to file on Tuesday, which would be like 5-2.

Just before she drove off into the sunset, Gail told Arlene that Matt had called to say he was going to see a lawyer the following Tuesday about getting a legal separation. http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_203035.asp

But then again, this is unconfirmed information.

Right. I think Diane's comment was meant to be taken as that they were getting legally separated and it was in the works, lawyers contacted, etc. It just was not filed in court yet. This matches with Arlene's claim that Gail was trying to get Matt to talk to the kids at the lake house about their impending separation.

By the way, my own personal theory on the April 22nd 911 call is that they were headed down to the lake house to talk to the kids about the separation but Matt flaked out. I personally feel it would explain why emotions were running high and why Matt was trying to run away and not go "as a family" to the lake.

snipped

And wiping those computers in the name of "information retrieval" is probably unethical. That is not cooperation, and might even be obstruction. :twocents:

I also did not like Davis' offhand attitude about files possibly being deleted off those computers.

“We’ve sent them off to see what’s on them,” he said. “Obviously, if files have been deleted, they’ve been deleted.”

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2011/jul/08/missing-palmgren-computers-turned-over-defense-att/

Perhaps the TFP could have done more to clarify this, but it sounds a lot like an "oh well" and shrugging off of the potential that Matt, Gail, a 3rd party, or even the retrieval technicians might delete something but there's nothing you can do about it. It's very casual approach to something that could be serious.

Then again, LE says there has been no crime. So no crime, no evidence of foul play, guess it doesn't matter WHAT happens to those computers. That's the impression I'm getting on this, IMVHO.

Twitter - I'm CaseSignal, talking with Melydia Clewell. I have a question in to her about this.

Nosie_Rosie Melydia Clewell
@CaseSignal No. But they have puzzle pieces detectives need to find her. LE hasn't even been able 2 confirm who took them home. #missingmom
35 minutes ago

See the whole conversation here:

http://keepstream.com/CaseSignal/gail-palmgren-case-tweet-archive

IMO, I have never really believed MP wanted a divorce. I may be wrong, but that's my gut feeling.

IMO, I have never really believed MP wanted a divorce. I may be wrong, but that's my gut feeling.

Interesting. What sorts of things are you seeing that lead to your gut feeling on that? You think Matt was a sort of "have my cake and eat it too" kind of guy, perhaps? I'm pretty intrigued, I'd love to hear your thoughts on your idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coach K