TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My two cents about this search: :twocents: They have to look at MP's mother. I don't want to go off on a tangent again about the cellphone ping, but the police said it was at the "north base" and that's near Mt. Creek Road, where these apartments are located. On the day Gail disappeared, MP said he had just come from his mother's home. During one of their spats that led to a 911 call, Gail left their house and went to stay with his mother.

So I want to know whatever she knows - and I bet she knows alot! :cow:

I thought this was interesting:

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2011/jul/07/sheriffs-investigators-complete-last-3-local-palmg/

The search was similar to one conducted at the Palmgrens’ home in St. Ives subdivision at 40 Ridgerock Drive on June 23. In that search, investigators used an alternate light source looking for body fluids, photographed the area and conducted a general search.

Also, that whole thing about Mike Mathis the PI needing to be there for every search is one of the weirdest things about this case. He isn't just acting as a PI, but almost as an attorney! He even served that letter to Arlene in Alabama - it's just odd to me.

Mike Mathis, a former Chattanooga Police Department investigator, who has been hired by Palmgren, must be present during the searches

:twocents:Yeah, I agree....especially because I've heard from a credible source, that MM was seen by multiple neighbors (in both TN & AL) on at least 2 occassions (May 17th & 19th) removing several boxes from both homes/properties. This removal occurred prior to the official searches. May 17th he was seen removing boxes from the Signal Mountain home and on May 19th (the same day he drove to Alabama to serve AD with the infamous letter demanding the keys to both homes and the DVR be returned... from MP via MM). That same day, he (MM) was seen removing boxes from the Summer Lake House on Easy Street in Wetumpka, Alabama. Hmmmmm...I wonder why MM would remove boxes of items PRIOR to the police search occurring? Must have been helping MP with a garage sale since funds were tight...You decide for yourself.:twocents:

Just something to keep in mind...a 4-door jeep doesn't have to be a rubicon. So MM having a red 4 door jeep while an odd coinkidink (lol, love that word) doesn't necessarily mean he has gail's exact vehicle minus the correct shade of red. I love this particular vehicle & am hoping to get one myself so I pay attn to them. They aren't uncommon, we tend to have much less of a commute here than in, say, CA so the lower mpg isn't as much of a restrictor & the much discussed terrain here makes it a more popular choice as well.

I'm not seeing BOLOs in that article, holly. Am I missing them, or are you assuming that because agencies were contacted BOLOs were sent out? Can you clarify?

TIA

Your correct. Sorry about that Bean. Maybe you could e-mail someone and get a clarification? Janice @ HCSD?

Arlene will be a guest on Jammer's Show again this coming Monday July 11th @ 1:00pm
http://www.wgow.com/home.asp

Can someone let Jammer know people would be interested in listening to this after the regular podcast and having a link available on the radio's website? TIA

Bump!!

bumping do to all the activity on the board today, don't want it to get lost!

Do we know for sure that GP never made it back to the Lake House? AD was gone that afternoon at a party, right? So if someone was waiting at the lake house when GP went back we wouldn't really know, would we? But then how does her phone ping by the base of the mountain. :banghead::banghead:

Can someone let Jammer know people would be interested in listening to this after the regular podcast and having a link available on the radio's website? TIA

Jammer says they don't tape the shows at all....unless you record and upload yourself ....you are outta luck.

The thing about Matt telling the kids Gail went back to the lake is really interesting me. Since someone who says they know Matt mentioned that he "might have" told the kids that back in mid-May, that tells me Matt must have been telling people it's what happened from the beginning. His mom was with him when he alleges Gail called, which means she may know something very significant to the case.

But remember back when Matt first said he didn't know how long Gail had been at the lake house? That was a lie, as we later learned she left for the lake house after the 911 incident at the police station which Matt was present for. He knew when she left and he knew when she came back.

Matt also said way back at the beginning of the case that "he proposed to meet Mrs. Palmgren at the residence on April 30, but when he arrived she was gone." So why would Matt have been out running errands with his mom when he was supposed to be meeting Gail at the house? Maybe if they hadn't scheduled a specific time he wouldn't have been expecting her. However, if he had proposed to meet Gail there then her arrival with the kids should have been at least a little bit expected.

Also, if Matt's claim that she called him after dropping off the kids is true, it makes me think that she called him only after LE didn't want to meet her there. LE was clearly her first choice for supervision of the kids.

Jammer says they don't tape the shows at all....unless you record and upload yourself ....you are outta luck.

Someone earlier said that a listener taped the show and mentioned it on Jammer's FB. They're allegedly providing copies. Since I don't have FB I can't ask for one, but like I said before, if anyone else gets a copy and can send me one, I'd be happy to type it up.

Do we know for sure that GP never made it back to the Lake House? AD was gone that afternoon at a party, right? So if someone was waiting at the lake house when GP went back we wouldn't really know, would we? But then how does her phone ping by the base of the mountain. :banghead::banghead:

Interesting thought! Although the ping I am aware of is on the 2nd of May. Had she gone back down to the lake (or attempted) and then ended up back in TN on the 2nd? I have a hard time with that because AD and DN both stated they called and GP never answered the phone when they tried to call, probably relentlessly, after what had just transpired the morning of the 30th. JMHO

Someone earlier said that a listener taped the show and mentioned it on Jammer's FB. They're allegedly providing copies. Since I don't have FB I can't ask for one, but like I said before, if anyone else gets a copy and can send me one, I'd be happy to type it up.

I can FB message the guy and let him know a copy is wanted, but I don't really know how to get it to anyone if he does provide a copy...

I can FB message the guy and let him know a copy is wanted, but I don't really know how to get it to anyone if he does provide a copy...

Maybe get his email address so I can email him?

I'll request a copy...maybe he can upload it to a file site and then we can each download it from that link, to listen... :) Thanks for the offer to transcribe (such a time-consuming task)!

ETA: Can someone plz post a link to RJ's FB? I can't find it. :blushing: Buncha RJs there and they're not him.

Do you know the poster's name or a date/time of their post? A quick cruise did not yield it...but yes, I am tired! TIA...

snipped parts of the article...

When Hamilton County Sheriff’s Office detectives entered the Signal Mountain home of a missing woman a couple of weeks ago, the family’s computers were missing.

The computers instead had been turned over to Lee Davis, an attorney representing Matthew Palmgren, the husband of Gail Palmgren, the 44-year-old mother of two who has been missing since April 30.

“We’ve sent them off to see what’s on them,” he said. “Obviously, if files have been deleted, they’ve been deleted.”

When Davis was asked if Hamilton County Sheriff’s Office investigators were notified about the location of the computers, he said, “I don’t know if they know I have them here or not. I certainly assume they do.”

WHAT. THE. HECK.

If anyone ever had any doubt that MP's lawyers were pulling some fast ones in this case, they cannot possibly doubt it now. The "she's flat f-- up" story, talking to Jammer to give him ammo in the AD interview, taking the computers out of the house and saying "Golly, I don't know if LE knows we have them or not."

And these lawyers get away with it because LE apparently wasn't even LOOKING for Gail's computers. They don't know what her online activity was!

I now seriously question whether LE has done the basics we have been assuming they did. I doubt they have her cell phone records or credit card records from the 30th. I doubt they know what Gail was wearing when she disappeared.

So from that article it would seem that police thought the computers were "missing" but now it turns out that they were being wiped by the attorneys?

Interesting that this came out AFTER the TBI got involved. I guess they told the SMPD to stop taking MP's word for everything and find those computers.

I'm sorry, but what they did isn't ethical, even if MP could swear that he shared the computers with his wife.

They could search the computer and the harddrive without deleting anything. That would have been the proper thing to do. Or they could have saved everything first to a portable harddrive.

The Free Press obviously found that hinky enough to go and consult a legal expert for the article.

Attorneys handling evidence of a potential crime belonging to clients they represent is a gray area in the law, said Wesley Oliver, an associate law professor at Widener University in Pennsylvania, who used to practice law in Nashville.

Davis’ law offices are “not a storage unit,” said Oliver. “If it’s a lawyer, he knows what he has. At what point does he have an obligation to the court to prevent obstruction of justice and turn this over?”

(snip)

“To me, the problem seems to be, he seems to be in possession of the computer (law enforcement) doesn’t know he has and won’t be able to discover otherwise,” Oliver said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak