DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATED: TBI reviewing evidence in Gail Palmgren case
Posted: Jul 06, 2011 7:40 AM EDT
Updated: Jul 06, 2011 8:34 PM EDT

TBI Special Agent in Charge Jerri Powell tells Eyewitness News the agency has been assisting the Hamilton County Sheriff’s Office review evidence related to the disappearance of Gail Palmgren.

“We have not been officially asked to be a part of the investigation,” Special Agent Powell says.

The TBI has been aiding by examining the evidence collected by deputies and the Signal Mountain Police Department and offering suggestions.

“They’re just putting a second set of eyes on the evidence,” Powell says.

http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/15031780/tbi-reviewing-gail-palmgren-case?clienttype=printable

I came across this while looking for another article. I thought it worth posting for reference.

According to Arlene in the most recent SMM interview, Matt's court documents say Gail was on Adderall, which Matt claims is an antipsychotic. It's not. It's used for narcolepsy and ADHD, and it stimulates the central nervous system. Antipsychotics, as you can imagine, do not stimulate the nervous system but rather the exact opposite.

I assume Arlene is misunderstanding the documents -- can anyone confirm/deny that? Matt surely wouldn't have submitted incorrect information on Adderall in court documents when he is a PharmD, because it would make him look really bad, like either he flunked a lot of classes in college or was lying. Just my two cents on that.

However, it's important to note that improper dosage or overuse/abuse of Adderall can cause psychotic symptoms. Personally, I think it's unlikely that is what happened here. Perhaps if she had just started the drug, but reports from Matt and the G's make it sound like Gail was acting strangely for a few weeks. Since Gail had been dealing with her ADHD diagnosis for over 20 years and is a PharmD, I'm going to say it's unlikely she was dealing with effects from Adderall and didn't know it.

But let's say she didn't realize what was going on. Since Matt has a PhD in pharmacy as well, wouldn't he almost immediately recognize problematic side effects from Adderall as soon as he saw them? So if (and again, that is IF because I am just speculating) Matt was trying to say in those court documents that Gail was psychotic because of Adderall, I personally think that would backfire all over the place. Everyone would wonder why Matt, with his experience and education, just dismissed Gail as being crazy instead of realizing she was dealing with a serious side effect of prescription medication.
The court documents I have say she was prescribed adderall, but do not say it was used as an anti-psychotic. However,their is an affadvit from MP that I do not have and perhaps what AD is referring to is contained in that affadavit from Matt.
I concur that adderall would not be used as an anti-psychotic. Standard ADD med.

And here's the article I was looking for.

In regards to all items Gail gave to other people

All the items have been turned over to LE with the exception of the hard drive Arlene has.

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Authorities have had to string together pieces of evidence after Gail Palmgren gave numerous documents and personal belongings to friends before she disappeared. With the exception of Durham, they all have handed over everything.

http://timesfreepress.com/news/2011/jul/10/two-months-gail-palmgren-went-missing-and-no-signs/?print

With regard to the jewelry that Arlene says Matt has, I'm thinking if he has it, then LE must have given it to him, which I would expect, since he is Gail's next of kin.

They're not going to get in the middle of a battle about which jewelry is Gail's, which is her relative's, which was given to her and by whom, which is her property, which is marital property, which is Matt's, which is Matt's relative's, which was given to Matt, etc. That's a civil matter for the divorce judge to decide, and until that decision is made, it goes to next of kin.

My understanding of how the law and LE works on matters like that. I could certainly be dead wrong.

And here's the article I was looking for.

In regards to all items Gail gave to other people

All the items have been turned over to LE with the exception of the hard drive Arlene has.

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Authorities have had to string together pieces of evidence after Gail Palmgren gave numerous documents and personal belongings to friends before she disappeared. With the exception of Durham, they all have handed over everything.

http://timesfreepress.com/news/2011/jul/10/two-months-gail-palmgren-went-missing-and-no-signs/?print

With regard to the jewelry that Arlene says Matt has, I'm thinking if he has it, then LE must have given it to him, which I would expect, since he is Gail's next of kin.

They're not going to get in the middle of a battle about which jewelry is Gail's, which is her relative's, which was given to her and by whom, which is her property, which is marital property, which is Matt's, which is Matt's relative's, which was given to Matt, etc. That's a civil matter for the divorce judge to decide, and until that decision is made, it goes to next of kin.

My understanding of how the law and LE works on matters like that. I could certainly be dead wrong.

Including Gail's computer ? Arlene has said several times she was using it and Gail was using hers.

I would think there is a way to check Arlene's IP in a few different places...I mean for Arlene's computer that is.

Just to back track-SB had the computer bag where AD stashed the boat key, and the computer bag was given to MP. Mystery solved with the boat key it seems, but has MP given AD her computer bag back?

Arlene Durham interview Wed July 27 Direct Links

Interview Part One (Hour Two of show):
http://www.therothshow.com/demos/recent/hour2Jul2711.mp3
Arlene starts speaking at 10:04

Interview Part Two (Hour Three of show):
http://www.therothshow.com/demos/recent/hour3Jul2711.mp3
Arlene starts speaking at 03:50

You can right click and download those, then play them in Windows Media or the audio player of your choice.

Full archive page for The Roth Show:
http://therothshow.com/show-archives/july-2011/

Just to back track-SB had the computer bag where AD stashed the boat key, and the computer bag was given to MP. Mystery solved with the boat key it seems, but has MP given AD her computer bag back?

Arlene says no in 2 or 3 SMM interviews. Don't know if Matt or his attorneys or PI may have turned it over to LE.

Which brings up a good question. In a situation like that, if you go to LE with a receipt and ask them if they have your personal belonging booked as evidence, do they have to tell you? Or can they just "No comment" you. Maybe this should go in the legal question thread.

Arlene says no in 2 or 3 SMM interviews. Don't know if Matt or his attorneys or PI may have turned it over to LE.

Which brings up a good question. In a situation like that, if you go to LE with a receipt and ask them if they have your personal belonging booked as evidence, do they have to tell you? Or can they just "No comment" you. Maybe this should go in the legal question thread.

I am pretty sure they tell you. :)

Including Gail's computer ? Arlene has said several times she was using it and Gail was using hers.

I would think there is a way to check Arlene's IP in a few different places...I mean for Arlene's computer that is.

Well, if Gail gave it to Arlene, then it would be among the items Gail gave to others. Unless Arlene didn't tell LE that Gail had given her computer to her.

Maybe that's a tip to call in to LE.

Now, the jewelry thing is tricky. It can be impounded as material evidence...at the minimum LE could have decided to process and photograph it. Unless, SB et al gave it up to Matt's PI when he came a knockin...

Now, the jewelry thing is tricky. It can be impounded as material evidence...at the minimum LE could have decided to process and photograph it. Unless, SB et al gave it up to Matt's PI when he came a knockin...

Well, the article says everything has been given to LE except the hard drive. Arlene says Matt has the jewelry.

Now that I think of it, it's probably that Arlene doesn't know that after it was given to Matt, that Matt/attorneys/PI gave it to LE.

No Apologies for Speaking out for Silenced Victims

By Susan Murphy Milano

On The Roth Show we discussed the cases of missing mothers Gail Nowacki Palmgren, Susan Powell and Jacque Waller for three hours. Each hour dedicated in memory and hopes that someone will either finally come forward or they will be found.

• Jacque Waller, vanished from Cape Girareau, MO on June 1, 2011
  • Gail Nowacki Palmgren vanished on April 30, 2011, from Signal Mountain, TN
  • Susan Powell, vanished from Salt Lake City, Utah on December 6, 2009

After the show, Internet sites commented that I was either talking too much or just trying to sell books. Both are true!

Read article here:

http://murphymilanojournal.blogspot.com/2011/07/no-apologies-for-speaking-out-for.html

Maybe that's a way to find all those socks we seem to lose in the washing machine. :floorlaugh:

Ask the socks if they've been impounded? :floorlaugh:

In all seriousness- I have to admit I am VERY befuzzled by AD's behavior. :waitasec:

And yes- I'd think IP's could be checked.

So if LE has Arlene's computer ID and they have Gail's computer, they should be able to determine when Arlene's computer was last logged onto the internet, and what Gail was doing on her computer prior to her disappearance.

Good stuff.

And, umm, from where I would think.

So if LE has Arlene's computer ID and they have Gail's computer, they should be able to determine when Arlene's computer was last logged onto the internet, and what Gail was doing on her computer prior to her disappearance.

Good stuff.

No Apologies for Speaking out for Silenced Victims

By Susan Murphy Milano

On The Roth Show we discussed the cases of missing mothers Gail Nowacki Palmgren, Susan Powell and Jacque Waller for three hours. Each hour dedicated in memory and hopes that someone will either finally come forward or they will be found.

snip

After the show, Internet sites commented that I was either talking too much or just trying to sell books. Both are true!

LOL!

My role is to report on these cases, something that before my own mother was murdered, simply did not happen. Information provided, coming directly from places and sources on these cases, does not always fit into a neat package.

It does not always fit into a timeline sketched by those who want to capture information on websites for discussion and dissection.

Reporting implies a diligent effort to gather and relay facts and highly credible information. Not something I see Susan doing.

I don't know who Susan's talking about with timelines, but I for one certainly don't capture info on websites for my timelines, and I don't create timelines for discussion and dissection.

What good would a timeline full of opinion and rumor and gossip and speculation and accusations and bashing and insults do for missing persons and murder victims?

It would do no more good than shows and blogs and everything else that spreads those things. It would do nothing helpful. It would only hinder. I couldn't live with my conscience.

My timelines - and my website and the information sources I've built on Websleuths - are constructed of the most highly reliable information I can find. They're, first, for my own personal use in my efforts to try to develop leads and tips I can document and send to LE, and secondarly, I publish them in case anyone else engaged in attempting that same goal can use them in their efforts.

I know from the feedback and kind words of appreciation I've gotten from LE and the FBI and prosecutors and victims' family members over the years that the information I put together is helpful to them, and therefore helpful to missing persons and murder victims.

That's all I need. I don't need - or want - any money. I'm more than willing to keep on spending it to help.

One other note - one should never make assumptions about what another has or has not experienced in their life.

I've yet another question for locals... (please don't hurt me!)

Mountain Creek Road, between Glendale and Russell (west side.) Can someone remind me if that is an overpass, or underpass- or both? TIA.

No overpass or underpass between Glendale and Russell. Going east on Mountain Creek, Highway 27 creates an overpass.

I meant to ask this earlier, but now I'm really curious. I think I missed something. What is the significance of James Place?

Irish Eyes, I think the big significance of James Place is that most of us locals had never heard of it. I haven't heard anybody on here comment that, ah, yes. I know where that is.

As has been explained in several posts, it is a very small, hidden "road." I finally went looking myself today out of curiousity, and I NEVER would have termed it a "road." Looks like an unpaved driveway to me, just a little wider than the others maybe, with grass growing between the two tire tracks down the path. Nothing visible from James Blvd. except woods. I don't know what it leads to, but I saw no house.

I drove right past it on the first pass, then turned around and drove VERY slowly, looking down every possible opening in the foliage! James Place has NO street marker. I clocked it on my odometer, and it's less than 0.1 mile from Westwood and about 0.2 from Stratford Way. And yes, like somebody else said, you have to be looking straight at it to see it.

I doubt it has any significance to the case and am betting it has been checked out by several people by now.

No overpass or underpass between Glendale and Russell. Going east on Mountain Creek, Highway 27 creates an overpass.

Thanks carolinagirl. On the western side of 27 (when headed east)... does that overpass still have water access just as you come across it? TIA.
Trying to compile everything searched in one place, here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member