TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, DD has no history of drug or alcohol abuse. She was diagnosed with ADHD. She was on Ritalin from about 5th grade to 9th grade. The Adderall XR (not generic) has been wonderful for her. Once she got used to it, she did not complain of any side effects. She only takes it on days she works (she's an RN).

Thank you TechWriter!

Just curious, what would Adderall do to someone not having ADD or ADHD?

He most definitely had the knowledge and resources to do that.

It wouldn't be that unusual as a M.O. for a medical professional.

See Dr. Yazeed Essa: http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43864&highlight=essa

Anthony Pignataro: http://www.buffalonews.com/city/article6118.ece

Dr. Debra Green: http://www.mysterycrimescene.com/bitter-harvest.html

In these cases, of course, the difference is that none of the victims ended up as missing persons. Two survived when doctors discovered they were victims of poisoning. Rosemarie Essa died after she crashed her car. However, Gates Mills, where the Essas lived is affluent like Signal Mountain, but fairly flat and urban - not like coming down Signal Mountain at all.

snipped for space

Adderall's Contraindications such as history of psychosis is *just one of thousands of drugs thats contraindications are history of psychosis.. I'd say that aren't too many drugs that would be deemed safe to take with a history of psychosis.. That said I still feel as tho MP has put these thoughts in the community and the public as just a way to taint Gail's reputation, especially regarding her mental state..

Thanks for sharing your experience with this.

I agree that Adderall being contraindicated when psychosis is involved is sort of a red herring here. A lot of drugs have emotional/mental side effects, some minor, some so rare that it hardly ever happens. For example, a couple of years ago I came down with hospital-acquired MRSA and was on doxycycline which is just an antibiotic. That stuff made me SERIOUSLY paranoid. Yet I know about 6 others who took it without any serious side effects at all.

Thank you SmoothOperator for sharing your experience!
As an adult who has taken a med such as Adderall since they were a teen/young adult- would you take it with you on an overnight trip? Do you keep it in your vehicle?*
I'm trying to figure out if Gail had any necessary medication with her when she disappeared.
TIA.
Depending on the dose one takes IMO would be the deciding factor of whether your meds are kept with you or are left at home.. To make a long story short several years ago When the Adderall XR came out(extended release-time released capsule).. I was switched from the tablet to the time release.. For me it did not work well because I was to take one in morning and one after lunch.. This was too much for me and I could not sleep at night due to how the time release delayed the medicine being delivered and at night there was still too much of the effect that caused me troublesome sleep.. So I went back to the good ol' tablets twice a day.. 10mg.. Morning..and then 10mg.. After lunch and I'm good to go.. It's just what has personally worked best for me.. Some people are fine to take the 20mg extended release one time a day, usually some time in the morning(as in before work)..

Therefor these people whose dose is once a day with the extended release there's really no reason they would carry it in their purse, briefcase, bag, etc.. Since they will not need their next dose til the next morning.. Since I, personally take the tablet form(non-time-released) and have to take my second dose after lunch.. I always have mine with me..

As for overnight this is a medication that if gone for more than one night you DEFINITELY would want to take with you.. You do not go thru withdrawals like one would with years of taking say, opiate pain meds.. Nothing even near of the sort.. But rather you just become a bit of a scatterbrain..lol.. Last summer when we were boating at Pickwick for a weekend I'd left mine and my hubby knew by day two because within an hour of being out on the boat I couldn't even keep up with my sunglasses, kept setting them down and even once stupidly lost them while sitting on top of my head.. Just that type of irritating scatterbrained feeling.. And then after a day or two irritability and just a sense of not feeling yourself if that makes sense.. But no physical sickness type withdrawal..
But definitely something you would take with you for any kind of trip more than one night away from home..

Hope that Helps:)

Thanks carolinagirl. On the western side of 27 (when headed east)... does that overpass still have water access just as you come across it? TIA.
Trying to compile everything searched in one place, here.

Ok, I know this is weird, but are you referring to Hwy 27 which is a north south road or are you referring to 27 which is Suck Creek Road? Suck Creek Rd runs along the TN river and has many boat ramps or ways to easily get into the river. It runs along the TN river for awhile and then goes up into the mountains. Hwy 27 follows the TN river close to I-40, about 75 miles. I am sure there are many ways to access the river.

It wouldn't be that unusual as a M.O. for a medical professional.

See Dr. Yazeed Essa: http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43864&highlight=essaAnthony Pignataro: http://www.buffalonews.com/city/article6118.ece

Dr. Debra Green: http://www.mysterycrimescene.com/bitter-harvest.html

In these cases, of course, the difference is that none of the victims ended up as missing persons. Two survived when doctors discovered they were victims of poisoning. Rosemarie Essa died after she crashed her car. However, Gates Mills, where the Essas lived is affluent like Signal Mountain, but fairly flat and urban - not like coming down Signal Mountain at all.

I certainly don't like thinking he may have done something of this nature but I will admit I have entertained the thought...JMHO

I remember when I had some knee surgery almost 10 years ago and the Dr. presicribed Oxycotin or Oxycodone for pain afterwards.. We had a relative in the family who had a substance abuse problem and would take any meds they could get their hands on and was addicted to pain killers..
Little did I know this person had switched out my pain meds with some Guaifenesin I had in the medicine cabinet..
I do not llike taking pain meds and for the most part don't and won't even IF prescribed, however I was in so much pain and was taking what I thought was a pain pill every 6 hours to ease the pain with no relief... I will admit i was thristy though and desperately wanting something to drink to quench my thirst even took precedence over the pain I was experiencing......Dumb me didn't have a clue as to what was going on at first but it didn't take long for me to figure out what had happened... JMHO

HCSO is accepting tips and leads, but I am certain SMPD still has their hand in the game. HCSO and TBI and the FBI have far greater resources for processing than SMPD, so I think it made perfect sense to look for a larger jurisdiction to handle all that needed to be combed through.

Does that answer the LE question, lol???

HCSO is accepting tips and leads, but I am certain SMPD still has their hand in the game. HCSO and TBI and the FBI have far greater resources for processing than SMPD, so I think it made perfect sense to look for a larger jurisdiction to handle all that needed to be combed through.

Does that answer the LE question, lol???

If you call, Oriah will give you a :beagle:

I recall reading on here and possibly in MSM, but can't say for sure, the $17,000. cashier's check that Gail sent to DN just days before her disappearance was partly for a dissolution attorney's retainer fee, so it sounds as though she had not hired an attorney, yet.

I also recall reading on WS about Gail's PI having told her about MP meeting with various people not long before Gail's disappearance and that Gail was given a report from her PI within a day or so of when MP returned on 4/29, statement from AD, I believe.

I wish we knew more definitive information about this PI, too, but I would imagine they typically prefer to keep a low profile due to their line of work.

According to AD's interview last night, Gail and MP had a heated discussion via the phone on 4/26 wherein Gail supposedly informed MP that she knew what he was up to regarding all of his unscrupulous actions so maybe she received the PI report that day?!

I just listened to the Roth Show and during the interview Arlene states that Gail hadn't hired an attorney yet, but rather she was gathering everything pertenant ready to go to hire an attorney and it sounds like she was planning to hire an attorney in AL since it is not a community property state as TN is. My only concern here is that she would have had to hire an attorney in TN because that's where the kids lived and she was a residence. TN would have taken presidence over AL because all parties were living in TN. It was just like I couldn't transfer my divorce to my home state until I had been back home for at least 6 months. I even had to hire another attorney after I left TN and had to fly all the way down to TN to go back into court because my ex-husband decided that since I left the state of TN he was entitled to more than he was granted at the time of the divorce when he never showed up for court in the first place and he wasn't even living in TN at the time of the divorce or even after. After 6 months my divorce was transferred to my home state where I was then residing and he never bothered me again. Lucky for him that he didn't because my son went to Child's Voice and told them what his father had done to him and they were ready to prosecute him for molesting our son. I was the one who stopped the proceedings and made a deal with the state that as long as my ex-husand left our son alone ithey wouldn't go forward, but if he stepped foot in this state he would feel the rath of the law to the fullest extent. He never bother our son after that and to this day he doesn't know why my son refuses to have anything to do with him, but something kept him away and maybe it was he felt guilty and figured our son had squeeled on him, which my son did.

Yeah, the statements regarding an AL atty make no sense to me whatsoever. Their primary residence was in TN...which of course makes me wonder if AD understood what Gail presumably told her.

Arlene in the first Jammer interview sounded like she was concerned that a divorce filed in AL would take 2 or 3 months, and since Gail was planning on moving down to the lake, she might be filing in Alabama. Here's the exchange with Jammer:

A: Right. But she made...

J: Let me ask you...

A: ...plans for this prior to that, because you know, when you get locked out of an account and you have two kids, and like I told her, I said, "I don't know how the court system is up there, but down here it could be months before you can get in front of a judge, and I don't know if Matt would take care of you or the kids, so you need to take some money out, set it aside, set it somewhere where he can't get his hands on it, and this way you've got some money to live on, so she did.

J: Well, if it was filed, it wouldn't be in Alabama, it would be filed in Hamilton County, Tennessee, and no judge is going to stop something to make sure kids are taken care of. A judge is not going to do that. A judge is going to make sure that those people ...

A: But what I'm saying is this, is once you file a divorce thing, I don't know how long it is in Tennessee to get into the court system. Down here, it's 2 to 3 months before you can get into a court system.

J: Well, I think we're a little better off in Hamilton County than Alabama then, and not to mention, no judge when you have children involved, no judge is not going to get, make sure those kids are not taken care of. No judge is going to do that, I don't care where you are.

A: Well, but what I'm saying is, rather be safe than sorry.

J: Right.

A: You know, because you have a home here to come to, because this is where she was going to move, she was going to move down here to the lake.

So Arlene's assumption may be that Gail living at the lake house meant she would file in AL. I don't think that's a strange assumption to make, personally.

I just listened to the Roth radio show. The storage unit they are talking about in the interview, is it the one on mountain creek rd? If so, that's across the street from MP's mother's apartment complex. Could it be he was just visiting his mom but the GPS was a little off, saying he was at the storage unit? I'm just wondering cause I don't know how accurate tracking devices are. Like I said, it's across the street so I was just wondering if the "ping" was wrong?

Yeah, the statements regarding an AL atty make no sense to me whatsoever. Their primary residence was in TN...which of course makes me wonder if AD understood what Gail presumably told her.

I think probably neither of them understood at the time of that conversation that the divorce had to be in TN. A misunderstanding of that would make sense since, at that point, it seems Gail had not yet consulted an attorney.

Or, maybe getting an attorney in AL was another of the things Arlene "told" Gail to do, and she assumed that because she "told" her to do it, Gail would.

I've known people with that sort of personality type, where they "tell" you to do things, and sometimes it's easier just to nod and agree with them, and say, "Yep, maybe I'll do that." or "Okay". IYKWIM

I was thinking about that a while back when I noticed that Arlene had told several stories in which she said Gail agreed to meet her, then didn't. I was thinking it may have been one of those situations where it's easier to just say "mmhmmmm" and move on and do what you have to do, not an actual wholehearted agreement to do it. e.g., when Arlene told Gail she was coming to Birmingham to meet her the next morning. Perhaps Gail just "mmhmmmed" or "Okayed" because she had other pressing things on her mind.

Question. In the first SMM interview, Arlene said the way she met Gail was that she saw a shed on Gail's newly purchased Aframe that she wanted, contacted Gail, said she wanted to buy it, Gail agreed, then Arlene asked if, instead of paying for it, she could barter services, e.g., cutting the grass, and Gail agreed. The shed was $300, and that was several years ago.

At some point, Arlene had to have worked off that $300 some time ago, yet in more than one SMM interview, they talk about how Arlene had keyed entry to both properties, because she was doing upkeep on the properties.

What I'm wondering is, at some point, did Gail and Arlene agree the $300 had been worked off via their barter agreement, and they then made a new agreement whereby Gail paid Arlene, in money or in kind, for Arlene's property upkeep services? Or did Arlene do the property upkeep for free?

Ok, I know this is weird, but are you referring to Hwy 27 which is a north south road or are you referring to 27 which is Suck Creek Road? Suck Creek Rd runs along the TN river and has many boat ramps or ways to easily get into the river. It runs along the TN river for awhile and then goes up into the mountains. Hwy 27 follows the TN river close to I-40, about 75 miles. I am sure there are many ways to access the river.

Not weird at all, carolinagirl! Sorry-my bad. I should have explained better. I was referring to Hwy 27 and one particular access point.

I just listened to the Roth radio show. The storage unit they are talking about in the interview, is it the one on mountain creek rd? If so, that's across the street from MP's mother's apartment complex. Could it be he was just visiting his mom but the GPS was a little off, saying he was at the storage unit? I'm just wondering cause I don't know how accurate tracking devices are. Like I said, it's across the street so I was just wondering if the "ping" was wrong?

Hi poppy- just wanted to help try and explain the resources available regarding GPS tracking devices:

http://www.liveviewgps.com/gps+car+tracking.html

And although this description is an ad for products, it does give a good idea of what possibilities are out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member