TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BeanE said:
I think probably neither of them understood at the time of that conversation that the divorce had to be in TN. A misunderstanding of that would make sense since, at that point, it seems Gail had not yet consulted an attorney.

Or, maybe getting an attorney in AL was another of the things Arlene "told" Gail to do, and she assumed that because she "told" her to do it, Gail would.
I have to disagree with you there. Gail didn't have to be "told" because she already knew someone who was an attorney - the guy in Hoover, AL, that she went to see over Easter.

Chattanoogan 6/18/2011

Didn't a registered local say that this guy was also an attorney? I can't find that anywhere, but I seem to remember that.

How tragic it is if Gail was thinking of asking the Hoover guy to represent her in the divorce, and they thought she was being psychotic.

But she trusted them enough to leave jewelry with them. Could it be that they didn't believe her husband was cheating, and thought she was "nutty" to be leaving such a wonderful guy? That might explain why they assumed that her distress was all in her head.

Hmmm...

Yep, here it is: the "friend" in Birmingham was an attorney, according to Sleuthy1, so I think Gail was rebuffed when she tried to confide in a lawyer in Alabama. I think she assumed they were her friends as well as Matt's, but they turned around and told him everything she said! :maddening:

[ame=http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6748793#post6748793]Link to post on closed thread[/ame]

Sleuthy1 said:
Yes...the couple in Birmingham, Alabama (Hoover,AL) is the same couple that GP left her jewelry with for safe keeping. NOW....the husband (Mr. G) is the attorney that is suppose to be representing MP in his wrongful termination suit against BCBS of TN. Mr. G's wife was also one of the ppl who GP had confided in about her finding out from Gail's P.I. that MP was cheating on GP. Later, ppl became aware that Mr. G's wife had called MP to tell him what GP knew about MP's cheating ways. That the person she confided in AND TRUSTED... had betrayed her By calling MP and telling him what she knew....and by giving back the jewelry that GP had entrusted Mr. G to keep safe for GP. Some friend huh ???

I agree with Glorias who wrote here on another thread

Glorias said:
The Chattanoogan article and Sleuthy1's comments are rumor, but piecing them together, I can see where Gail would have been really upset. If these rumors are true, then this is a couple Gail really trusted. If she found out Mrs. G told Matt all these secrets, she would surely have been very upset. That could account for what the G's later called being "flat f-- up."

Mr. G. is a lawyer according to that article in the Chattanoogan. If Gail was truly having a psychotic break, then Mr. G would know to call the authorities for help. The G's would know not to let kids be in the care of a woman who was that ill. If they were taking the kids to protect them from Gail, then they should have WELCOMED the police there so they could get it straight, get Gail the help she needed, keep the kids from being in a situation where she might become too ill to take care of them. But no, they're complaining about it, saying it was an example of how paranoid and "f-- up" she was. Then they want us to believe that they knew she was mentally ill yet did nothing about it, and are now only bringing the issue up to help defend Matt.

I don't trust these stories. JMVHO.

ThoughtFox, thanks for the reminder of Sleuthy1 and Glorias posts.

This situation has always bothered me.

Poor Gail. :(

Just saw this post in Holly Bobo's thread, and bringing it over here as I think it may apply:

Wanted to bring over an article from another Missing Child case(Kyron Horman)
as I feel what it states that they are embarking on doing is something that I have seen on more than one occasion purposed to be done in Holly's case.. I'll post a quote from the article and the link:

So, in Kyron's case there is a 6hour window that they are checking for Holly that would be much smaller(say6:00am-9:00am).. Along with the amount of individual cell phone pings of course would be immensely greater with in Kyron's case it being the Portland, OR area.. And lastly the perimeter area that would be in question would be considerably smaller( just guessing but maybe 5 mile radius or even smaller around the Bobo residence) than the perimeter being searched in the Portland are.. So, therefor IMO making it only that much easier and that much more likely to yield positive results in narrowing down EXACTLY WHAT CELL PHONES WERE PINGING THE AREA IN QUESTION.. AROUND THE BOBO's DURING THOSE HOURS OF EXTREME IMPORTANCE THAT ADE IN QUESTION OF APRIL 13th..

So, as I said it has been mentioned before in Hollys thread for LE to get detailed reports of the cell phone towers in question and one by one go thru those details and numbers and find out EXACTLY JUST WHO WAS IN THE AREA THAT MORNING..

We now see right here in black and white that it most certainly can be achieved and as I said on a much larger and broader scale in Portland.. Thus Darden being a breeze in comparison..

Now why will not investigators do this in Holly's case.??? IMO there is not a reason in the world why LE should not be able to immediately start on such a task that has a great possibility of yielding positive results in the direction if just who, what, and why in Holly's case..

This could be huge!!!! It could pinpoint the exact perp and at the very least give LE very valid info and forward movement in the case.. I see it can only be a win-win IMO..!!!

Here's the specific article where Bryan Hoss said Mr. G was an attorney, in case anyone needed it:

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_203652.asp

Arlene has revealed their names at least once in the Jammer interview, and the name does indeed match up with an attorney in that town.

I just wish someone could logically explain how Matt and Mr. G -- one with a PhD in pharmacy and the other a lawyer -- could see someone like Gail acting the way they claim and not do anything about it. Again, just my two cents.

This is true. New barter system. Will even hand deliver.

Don't be a :chicken:. Call in tips!

LOL! Not tips! This is part of my subliminal messages to get believe09 to call and find out who's lead. sssshhhhh don't tell her!!!

:floorlaugh:

And here's a :fish: for you, Oriah. :)

I have to disagree with you there. Gail didn't have to be "told" because she already knew someone who was an attorney - the guy in Hoover, AL, that she went to see over Easter.

BBM. I wholeheartedly agree with you, ThoughtFox! Gail very definitely didn't have to be told anything! She's a darn smart, competent lady.

I don't understand why Arlene, in all her interviews, relays litanies of how she "told" Gail to do this and she "told" Gail to do that and she "told" LE to do this and she "told" LE to do that.

Neither Gail nor LE need her to "tell" them to do anything at all!

Yep, here it is: the "friend" in Birmingham was an attorney, according to Sleuthy1, so I think Gail was rebuffed when she tried to confide in a lawyer in Alabama. I think she assumed they were her friends as well as Matt's, but they turned around and told him everything she said! :maddening:

BBM. I keep seeing that, and that Gail's Birmingham friends, as Arlene refers to them, told Matt that Gail told them that she knew he was having an affair and going to divorce him.

Anybody know where that comes from? Gail's Birmingham friends telling Matt that Gail knew he was having an affair and was going to divorce him?

TIA

This situation has always bothered me.

Poor Gail. :(

Me too. I'd really like to see the police report from when, as the article says, Gail called 911 and accused her friends of trying to take away her kids when they just got separated in the store. I'd like to get LE's perspective on what happened there. It's another of those situations where, right now, we only have a single source - Gail's Birmingham friends, and that's through the filter of first, Matt's attorneys, and then, the reporter.

Better yet, I'd like to hear it right from Gail's friends their perspective of what happened.

I'd also like to know why LE felt it was okay to let the kids go with Gail, and if they thought she might be having a psychotic episode as Gail's friends did - i.e. what led LE to believe the kids were safe enough, and Gail was safe enough, to let them all go.

Just saw this post in Holly Bobo's thread, and bringing it over here as I think it may apply:

You caught that, too, Bean. Thank you for bringing it over.

I think it may apply as well.

Question. In the first SMM interview, Arlene said the way she met Gail was that she saw a shed on Gail's newly purchased Aframe that she wanted, contacted Gail, said she wanted to buy it, Gail agreed, then Arlene asked if, instead of paying for it, she could barter services, e.g., cutting the grass, and Gail agreed. The shed was $300, and that was several years ago.

At some point, Arlene had to have worked off that $300 some time ago, yet in more than one SMM interview, they talk about how Arlene had keyed entry to both properties, because she was doing upkeep on the properties.

What I'm wondering is, at some point, did Gail and Arlene agree the $300 had been worked off via their barter agreement, and they then made a new agreement whereby Gail paid Arlene, in money or in kind, for Arlene's property upkeep services? Or did Arlene do the property upkeep for free?

I was just wondering what (if anything) you think the above arrangement made between Arlene and Gail sometime ago, might have to do with Gail Palmgren's missing person investigation?

I was just wondering what (if anything) you think the above arrangement made between Arlene and Gail sometime ago, might have to do with Gail Palmgren's missing person investigation?

I don't think the arrangement made years ago has anything to do with Gail's missing person investigation. It is their more recent relationship I asked about.

Ok, I know this is weird, but are you referring to Hwy 27 which is a north south road or are you referring to 27 which is Suck Creek Road? Suck Creek Rd runs along the TN river and has many boat ramps or ways to easily get into the river. It runs along the TN river for awhile and then goes up into the mountains. Hwy 27 follows the TN river close to I-40, about 75 miles. I am sure there are many ways to access the river.

carolinagirl- wanted to bump this again (should probably copy this to the Jeep thread...)

Just south of where 27 begins to cross the PR Bridge headed toward the Riverwalk- there are frequently container barges. Is that correct? Or am I thinking of somewhere else? TIA.

BBM. I wholeheartedly agree with you, ThoughtFox! Gail very definitely didn't have to be told anything! She's a darn smart, competent lady.

I don't understand why Arlene, in all her interviews, relays litanies of how she "told" Gail to do this and she "told" Gail to do that and she "told" LE to do this and she "told" LE to do that.

Neither Gail nor LE need her to "tell" them to do anything at all!

I think that's just Arlene's way of speaking, and anyone who is being interviewed in this matter might use the same words. I think she was trying to help Gail.

It's just basic English - "I told police . . ." or "I told Gail that she should . . ."

I mean yeah, she coulda shoulda might have said "I humbly suggested" or "I sincerely requested," but Arlene is a plain-spoken country person and I don't think her speech is implying that she bossed Gail around at all, or that she could have.

Who "told" Gail to drive away the morning she disappeared? That's really what I want to know. Why did she hurry home from Alabama? Arlene had nothing to do with that, imo.

carolinagirl- wanted to bump this again (should probably copy this to the Jeep thread...)

Just south of where 27 begins to cross the PR Bridge headed toward the Riverwalk- there are frequently container barges. Is that correct? Or am I thinking of somewhere else? TIA.

I'm pulling a blank here - what is the PR Bridge? :waitasec: There's the Olgiati (27), Market Street, Walnut Street (foot bridge only), and the Veterans Bridge.

Yes, there are often barges parked along the river, definitely, but I think they are usually on the north side of the river. As I have said, I used to live downtown near the river before it all went upscale (when my husband was in college at UTC).

Agreed Thought-I think under the circumstances, I can also envision the principals over stating things that may have happened. As an example, the tip regarding two women in a jeep. The tipster gave a physical description that included height and weight for a woman she saw sitting down inside of a vehicle which presumably had the doors on it.

Are you talking about the CB Robinson Bridge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro