TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I think the situation with MP's friends has been perhaps not reported accurately. I can envision Gail realizing or being told these folks shared her concerns with MP directly. I can envision them making statements regarding custody of the children based upon her alleged reaction, statements such as "you are an f'd up crazy person and Matt wants us to take the kids from you." I wonder if the 911 call actually happened at the store, and even if it did given the pressure and fear she already had on board from her belief she was being followed etc...I could see her calling 911.

I mean, regardless of whether Matt disappeared Gail, there was a head game going on here.

JMO and speculation.

Personally, I think the situation with MP's friends has been perhaps not reported accurately. I can envision Gail realizing or being told these folks shared her concerns with MP directly. I can envision them making statements regarding custody of the children based upon her alleged reaction, statements such as "you are an f'd up crazy person and Matt wants us to take the kids from you." I wonder if the 911 call actually happened at the store, and even if it did given the pressure and fear she already had on board from her belief she was being followed etc...I could see her calling 911.

I mean, regardless of whether Matt disappeared Gail, there was a head game going on here.

JMO and speculation.

I keep seeing that Gail's Birmingham friends told Matt things. How do we know that? Where is it coming from? If they did tell Matt, was it before or after she disappeared? Was it malicious or an attempt to be helpful?

These people are being slammed, but I'll tell ya, I've looked at the woman's FB, which is public, and she looks like anything but a mean, cruel, vicious person. She's a retired social worker, used to head up a grief counseling center.

They're getting slammed for not getting her help if they thought she was having a psychotic episode, well, how do we know they didn't? How do we know they didn't express their concerns to LE? And wouldn't the natural thing to do be to call the person's husband and say, hey, we're in the store or just got back from the store, and here's what happened and here are the kinds of things she's being saying, and we're worried about her?

I dunno. Where is this info coming from that they told Matt what she told them? When are they supposed to have done this? Why were they telling him?

I don't know about the family/friend dynamics- and I'm sure it's important- but I'm having a hard time discerning who said what to whom at what time... so I'm going back to maps, lol.

I am still hung up on this portion of the river between Cash Canyon and 27, S of Williams Island. (I know, I know...I'm hung up on a lot of locations...)

Do we have any local avid boaters that can talk to me about the nav buoys? TIA...

I keep seeing that Gail's Birmingham friends told Matt things. How do we know that? Where is it coming from? If they did tell Matt, was it before or after she disappeared? Was it malicious or an attempt to be helpful?

These people are being slammed, but I'll tell ya, I've looked at the woman's FB, which is public, and she looks like anything but a mean, cruel, vicious person. She's a retired social worker, used to head up a grief counseling center.

They're getting slammed for not getting her help if they thought she was having a psychotic episode, well, how do we know they didn't? How do we know they didn't express their concerns to LE? And wouldn't the natural thing to do be to call the person's husband and say, hey, we're in the store or just got back from the store, and here's what happened and here are the kinds of things she's being saying, and we're worried about her?

I dunno. Where is this info coming from that they told Matt what she told them? When are they supposed to have done this? Why were they telling him?

Thank you for asking these things...I have also checked out their FB pages and they do NOT seem like the people they have been made out to be. They both seem very professional, caring and personable. They seem to be balanced, well rounded and have lots of friends.

I would think that her experience in dealing with grief counseling would make her an excellent person for Gail to have gone to, and you are correct, we don't know what may have been done to try to help Gail. We see from others posts that Gail was in a panic state and seemed to keep running away from plans, meetings etc. Plus, there is only so much that you can do, even with LE present, to help someone. You can't really duck tape someone to the roof of the car and haul them to the nearest hospital!

The only problem I have with them is that they let her drive off with the kids when she was out of her mind right?

This to me is the same a letting someone drive off drunk with kids or even no kids in the car. Most would find a way to stop it.

The only problem I have with them is that they let her drive off with the kids when she was out of her mind right?

This to me is the same a letting someone drive off drunk with kids or even no kids in the car. Most would find a way to stop it.

This is what makes no sense to me... and also makes me redirect to the location of the Jeep.

Accident- either true accident- or (since Gail's out of her mind)?

Preplanned location by Gail to deposit Jeep because she is completely sane and protecting herself?

Preplanned location to deposit the Jeep by someone else who may have harmed Gail?

Short term solution for someone who harmed Gail?

Small wonder there are so many possibilities. The Jeep is out there somewhere... and I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to know with affirmation, from which direction she left both the AL house and the SM house. :banghead:

Where is Gail Marie??? It's been 3 months since she disappeared...

Prayers for Gail and her children and for all those who love her and are searching for her.

Are we allowed to sleuth the G's?

Also, with all due respect, a person's Facebook profile picture isn't an indicator of their personality.

All the info we're getting about the G's is from Bryan Hoss who quoted one of them for a media article and from a verified friend.

Are we allowed to sleuth the G's?

Also, with all due respect, a person's Facebook profile picture isn't an indicator of their personality.

All the info we're getting about the G's is from Bryan Hoss who quoted one of them for a media article and from a verified friend.

BBM I agree. In my opinion, judging someone, good or bad, on their FB profile would be akin to judging a family's happiness and functionality on their yearly Christmas card photo. They may be perfectly nice people, but to me, their loyalty seems to lie with MP. Well, let's just say that if they were my friends and said about me what they said about Gail; they would not be my friends any more. Who would use an expression like that to describe someone they care about? :twocents:

I agree, Melodie. Based on what Bryan Hoss claims one of the G's said, that alone makes me cringe for much the same reasons JBean already gave.

We already knew Mr. G was a lawyer because of what Bryan Hoss said for the news article. Now, if we're allowed to know that Mrs. G is a counselor because of what's reported on her Facebook (mods please snip/delete if this is not allowed) then that makes their behavior even WORSE, in my opinion. Two people who should have known beyond a doubt that Gail needed help who instead complained that Gail called 911 allegedly needlessly, let her go off with the kids when they thought something was wrong, and later told a lawyer Gail was "flat f-- up" so he could run to a newspaper with their assessment of Gail's behavior. In my opinion, that is a full-blown COLD way to act toward a friend in trouble -- especially since, at the time of the article, she had been missing nearly 2 months.

I agree, Melodie. Based on what Bryan Hoss claims one of the G's said, that alone makes me cringe for much the same reasons JBean already gave.

We already knew Mr. G was a lawyer because of what Bryan Hoss said for the news article. Now, if we're allowed to know that Mrs. G is a counselor because of what's reported on her Facebook (mods please snip/delete if this is not allowed) then that makes their behavior even WORSE, in my opinion. Two people who should have known beyond a doubt that Gail needed help who instead complained that Gail called 911 allegedly needlessly, let her go off with the kids when they thought something was wrong, and later told a lawyer Gail was "flat f-- up" so he could run to a newspaper with their assessment of Gail's behavior. In my opinion, that is a full-blown COLD way to act toward a friend in trouble -- especially since, at the time of the article, she had been missing nearly 2 months.

Yes, and what makes it all the more painful is that apparently Gail felt that she could trust these people and obviously turned to them at a very dark point in her life and was seeking their help. What a kick in the gut. JMO :twocents:

JMO and speculation.

Why would she leave the jewelry with them tho.... ?

I agree. I never go by profile pictures, or any other pictures.

BBM I agree. In my opinion, judging someone, good or bad, on their FB profile would be akin to judging a family's happiness and functionality on their yearly Christmas card photo.

See above.

The info in the article is from a reporter, who got it from Matt's attorney.

The info in the Jammer interview is from Arlene.

I'm not sure who you mean by a verified friend?

ETA: Oh I see. You both thought because I said "looks like" I meant that I'd looked at her profile picture and assessed her based on that. You misunderstood. That is not the case.

I agree. I never go by profile pictures, or any other pictures.
snipped for space

ETA: Oh I see. You both thought because I said "looks like" I meant that I'd looked at her profile picture and assessed her based on that. You misunderstood. That is not the case.

No, sorry, I said "FB Profile". What is included in anything one can see on a person's FB profile is what the owner of that profile wants you to see. I thought you said your assessment was based on what you had seen on her profile page on FB. If you have other information that causes you to judge her as a good person, I apologize for the part of my post that mentioned judging a person based on their FB profile page. However, I still stand by my judgment of them as friends of Gail after what they said about her was published. :twocents:

No, sorry, I said "FB Profile". What is included in anything one can see on a person's FB profile is what the owner of that profile wants you to see. I thought you said your assessment was based on what you had seen on her profile page on FB. If you have other information that causes you to judge her as a good person, I apologize for the part of my post that mentioned judging a person based on their FB profile page. However, I still stand by my judgment of them as friends of Gail after what they said about her was published. :twocents:

Okay, I see. I agree. I wouldn't base an assessment of a person solely on a FB profile in its totality either. Right now, I can't make any final judgement of either of the Birmingham people, or the reported incident, because the little information available just isn't enough for me to do that.

FWIW, when I said the info from verified people, I was referring to what we heard from Sleuthy1 here:

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6748793#post6748793"]TN TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #6 - Page 26 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Mr. G's wife was also one of the ppl who GP had confided in about her finding out from Gail's P.I. that MP was cheating on GP. Later, ppl became aware that Mr. G's wife had called MP to tell him what GP knew about MP's cheating ways.

Sorry I didn't specifically reference it, ThoughtFox already quoted it yesterday so I was trying to avoid spamming the forum.

Why would she leave the jewelry with them tho.... ?

I think she was trying to meet with Arlene, but Arlene couldn't get to her. Isn't that when Arlene sent her ex from far away to pick up Gail, but when he got there she had already left? So I don't think they were her first choice, IMHO.

I think she was trying to meet with Arlene, but Arlene couldn't get to her. Isn't that when Arlene sent her ex from far away to pick up Gail, but when he got there she had already left? So I don't think they were her first choice, IMHO.

Yes, but I was responding to the idea that the G's had said something to GP about being "FU"...and the possibility she was confronted by them about their concerns. I'm just wondering why, if the G's did confront her about her mental well being...why she would still leave the jewelry with them. Especially if I felt so threatened as to make a 911 call...against them. kwim?

Personally, now that we know the rare coins were in a safety deposit box....why didn't she place the jewelry there too? Time? Advised not to? MP has access too....or he decided to hide the key? Surely not because she felt she was being followed....because apparently...she drove all the way to AL with it..?? The $17K was after the jewelry ---per the timeline...but if she was planning to have enough cash on hand to last her till court....I don't think she was keeping the jewelry aside for money purposes. Sell. (Don't think this ever entered her mind...imo) Some have ask how the hubby would know the $ value....appraisals for insurance purposes. To me....this giving jewelry for a friend to hold has me scratching my head. Why not the coins too? IDK, but if me, I would have placed jewelry in a/the SDB..or new one if MP had a key. Actually, sending the $17K to NY doesn't make much sense either....if she was planning on moving to AL. IMO. ?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme