TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
(snipped for space) I'm just wondering why, if the G's did confront her about her mental well being...why she would still leave the jewelry with them. Especially if I felt so threatened as to make a 911 call...against them. kwim?

Actually, sending the $17K to NY doesn't make much sense either....if she was planning on moving to AL. IMO. ?????

Hi Holly - Maybe Gail didn't feel comfortable leaving that much money with a friend vs. a family member, especially in case something happened to her which she was fearful of, imo.

I agree with you that it doesn't make much sense she would leave the jewelry with the G's but it may have been the jewelry that MP claimed was his mothers'?

Gail did try to get together with AD to no avail so the G's were an alternative source for valuables safe-keeping and confidential conversations.

I think it's quite possible that Gail was experiencing panic attacks which could explain her high levels of anxiety and, to some, questionable judgment calls. It certainly sounds as though she had a lot on her plate to have to deal with, all imoo.

Hi Holly - Maybe Gail didn't feel comfortable leaving that much money with a friend vs. a family member, especially in case something happened to her which she was fearful of, imo.

I agree with you that it doesn't make much sense she would leave the jewelry with the G's but it may have been the jewelry that MP claimed was his mothers'?

Gail did try to get together with AD to no avail so the G's were an alternative source for valuables safe-keeping and confidential conversations.

I think it's quite possible that Gail was experiencing panic attacks which could explain her high levels of anxiety and, to some, questionable judgment calls. It certainly sounds as though she had a lot on her plate to have to deal with, all imoo.

BBM Agree. I guess I just can't understand, if moving to the lake house, why she wouldn't have opened an a/c there...along with a SDB for the jewelry. Now I'm really curious where the change of address (PO Box) was TO. Doesn't make sense, imo. If afraid something would happen to her during all of this she could have sent the info to Diane so she would know.

If any of the jewelry was MP's mother's...why would she take it? Was it given to her by LP? Was it given to them for safe keeping and MP may have been in financial straights of some kind? ...where GP thought he may take it...either for $ or a present to TH? If a present to GP from LP, MP may have felt she didn't "deserve it" any longer. ??

Question:
If you follow 27 through Prentice Cooper- but before you hit the crossroads at 238- still technically in Prentice Cooper I believe- does anyone know how locals refer refer to that specific gorge crossover? Was it open during the storms? Help! ThoughFox, maybe you can help? TIA

Question:
If you follow 27 through Prentice Cooper- but before you hit the crossroads at 238- still technically in Prentice Cooper I believe- does anyone know how locals refer refer to that specific gorge crossover? Was it open during the storms? Help! ThoughFox, maybe you can help? TIA

No idea. :waitasec:

Question:

I don't know..Will this help ?

http://www.state.tn.us/twra/gis/wmapdf/Prentice Cooper State Forest.pdf

ETA..Contact information for the District Forester for the Cumberland area.

Richard Merinar, District Forester
390 S. Lowe, Suite 10, Cookeville, TN 38501-4702
Voice: (931) 526-9502, Fax: (931) 526-2279

Praying Gail is found soon and she doesn't become just another unsolved statistic..
Praying for justice for her too since I do not believe she left on her own volition..JMHO

I live in Chattanooga 11 miles from the Walmart...I feel Gail was afraid of her husband. Has run off with some help from an underground abuse assistance group and will set up an new identity with the money and then try and get her kids back...A good mother doesn't suddenly become a not good mother and drop her kids off by themselves without telling someone...unless she is frightened or at her river's edge...even if she is scared she would provide for them somehow or at least in her mind feel they would be taken care of till father found out. There are a lot of dots in the story and the LE I feel sure knows more then what they are saying...None of this is based on any facts, just a gut call. The body in Harrison Bay was a 62 yr old man...not connected...I don't believe.

Powells' Cross roads is on the other side of Suck Creek Mt. Is that what you are referring?

BBM Agree. I guess I just can't understand, if moving to the lake house, why she wouldn't have opened an a/c there...along with a SDB for the jewelry. Now I'm really curious where the change of address (PO Box) was TO. Doesn't make sense, imo. If afraid something would happen to her during all of this she could have sent the info to Diane so she would know.

If any of the jewelry was MP's mother's...why would she take it? Was it given to her by LP? Was it given to them for safe keeping and MP may have been in financial straights of some kind? ...where GP thought he may take it...either for $ or a present to TH? If a present to GP from LP, MP may have felt she didn't "deserve it" any longer. ??

Maybe the COD was a possible 'deflection' on MP's end? If Gail did put in for a COD, that's a good question...what town and state?

If Gail did in fact plan to make a clean break (fresh start) from MP, I don't believe she would have risked MP seeing her COD info. She is/was an intelligent woman so think she would have covered her bases on that one better!

Having said that...it sounds as though she was quite 'rattled' during the week before she disappeared so it's possible that she wasn't as articulate, as usual, in her dealings with business and personal matters. I believe she felt as though the walls were closing in on her with few places to turn and fewer people to trust!

I think your point about Gail protecting assets from MP for financial reasons (as well as from TH potentially receiving them) is a good one.

I think DN knows much more than we're aware of and, hopefully, LE knows much more, by now, too!

I have been going round and round in my theories of what happened to Gail, but I've come back to my beginning theory of foul play after having watched a case on 48 hours last night that involved the death of a mother of two children that was ruled a suicide; until, that is, the woman's family hired a PI resulting in a trial and conviction of murder of the husband (a minister with a mistress who testified against him).

All IMO

Powells' Cross roads is on the other side of Suck Creek Mt. Is that what you are referring?

It is. When traveling toward Powells on 27 (but a good bit before you reach Powells) there is a gorge that runs for about 3 miles creating a sharp 'circle'. Are you familiar with it? TIA.

Maybe the COD was a possible 'deflection' on MP's end? If Gail did put in for a COD, that's a good question...what town and state?

If Gail did in fact plan to make a clean break (fresh start) from MP, I don't believe she would have risked MP seeing her COD info. She is/was an intelligent woman so think she would have covered her bases on that one better!

Having said that...it sounds as though she was quite 'rattled' during the week before she disappeared so it's possible that she wasn't as articulate, as usual, in her dealings with business and personal matters. I believe she felt as though the walls were closing in on her with few places to turn and fewer people to trust!

I think your point about Gail protecting assets from MP for financial reasons (as well as from TH potentially receiving them) is a good one.

I think DN knows much more than we're aware of and, hopefully, LE knows much more, by now, too!

I have been going round and round in my theories of what happened to Gail, but I've come back to my beginning theory of foul play after having watched a case on 48 hours last night that involved the death of a mother of two children that was ruled a suicide; until, that is, the woman's family hired a PI resulting in a trial and conviction of murder of the husband (a minister with a mistress who testified against him).All IMO

I suspect foul play also and am hoping someone will come forward with answers LE needs to bring the person/s responsible for what has happened to Gail to justice...JMHO

Just found this about rewards in Tennessee:

40-8-101. Offer of reward by governor.

(a) The governor is authorized to offer a reward for information leading to the apprehension, arrest and conviction of a person or persons who have committed, attempted to commit or conspired to commit a criminal offense in this state. Any reward offered shall not exceed the following amounts for the following classification of offenses:

(1) Fifty thousand dollars ($50,000) for an offense that is classified as a Class A or B felony; and

(2) Five thousand dollars ($5,000) for an offense that is classified as a Class C, D or E felony.

(b) The fifty thousand dollar ($50,000) and five thousand dollar ($5,000) reward maximums imposed by subsection (a) shall apply only to state appropriated funds. The governor may increase the amount of any reward offered by use of funds from the reward pool fund created in this part.

(c) When the governor offers a reward pursuant to this section, the governor may place any reasonable conditions upon collection of the reward as the governor deems advisable or necessary.

http://statutes.laws.com/tennessee/title-40/chapter-8/40-8-101

I'm wondering if she took the jewelry because she cared greatly for MP's mom and was worried it might end up in a pawn shop because of his recent spending habits?

I'm wondering if she took the jewelry because she cared greatly for MP's mom and was worried it might end up in a pawn shop because of his recent spending habits?
'

I've entertained that thought and I realize it may be off his beaten path, but Rick Davis' Gold & Diamonds in Chattanooga, TN comes to mind.. My understanding is he pays top dollar.. JMHO

Anyone know IF there are any volunteer well trained SAR's in the area that would help search for Gail?
Do they need LE's approval to search?

Anyone know IF there are any volunteer well trained SAR's in the area that would help search for Gail?
Do they need LE's approval to search?

There is another search being prepared for the w/e of 8/20, but not with SAR's. Just CB and volunteers.

There is another search being prepared for the w/e of 8/20, but not with SAR's. Just CB and volunteers.

hollyblue, I just heard that news today, still wondering IF any trained SAR's could help with the search planned for that weekend..I also read there will be no media coverage..
I'm really down..Seems no one is coming forward to help solve this case... Someone knows something.. Right now, I'm just sick of husbands vanishing their wives and still being allowed to continue on with their lives...
And on top of that I'm really upset over people in our area not doing more to help search for Gail too..
As you can tell I'm not in a good mood about any of this.. I pray Gail is found and justice is served on the person/s responsible for her disappearance, not to mention the pain inflicted on her children.... JMHO

hollyblue, I just heard that news today, still wondering IF any trained SAR's could help with the search planned for that weekend..I also read there will be no media coverage..
I'm really down..Seems no one is coming forward to help solve this case... Someone knows something.. Right now, I'm just sick of husbands vanishing their wives and still being allowed to continue on with their lives...
And on top of that I'm really upset over people in our area not doing more to help search for Gail too..
As you can tell I'm not in a good mood about any of this.. I pray Gail is found and justice is served on the person/s responsible for her disappearance, not to mention the pain inflicted on her children.... JMHO

Agree with you Em. Unfortunately the pain will deminish, but the scars from the original pain will remain.

There had been talk of people just scared of MP...or his connections..and some think it was just a domestic issue. The first I could see, but in the case of the latter..she's still missing and needs to be found. I'm not from the area, but the turn out of just a few does have me scratching my head. Maybe it's just the fact that the area is just overwhelming (in more ways than one)...and the locals know it. But, I do think most of people knowing her case would atleast keep their eyes open for her or the jeep tho..

Hoping something is forthcoming or settled before the children have to start school again.

Agree with you Em. Unfortunately the pain will deminish, but the scars from the original pain will remain.

There had been talk of people just scared of MP...or his connections..and some think it was just a domestic issue. The first I could see, but in the case of the latter..she's still missing and needs to be found. I'm not from the area, but the turn out of just a few does have me scratching my head. Maybe it's just the fact that the area is just overwhelming (in more ways than one)...and the locals know it. But, I do think most of people knowing her case would atleast keep their eyes open for her or the jeep tho..

Hoping something is forthcoming or settled before the children have to start school again.

What connections? Are we talking about people in power or shady characters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme