TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some thoughts:

Some have hinted, or out-right stated, that Gail was, for lack of a better word, “flighty” when it came to making plans with someone to do one thing and then turning around to do another; but, maybe she was responding to MP’s actions.

MP certainly fit’s the above description, imo. For example, he reportedly took long, unexpected walks on the beach talking and/or texting on his phone while Gail sat alone on a recent get-away; and MP was due to arrive home in the late evening of 4/29 from a BCBS Company-paid conference in MN but arrived home unexpectedly at a much earlier time.

MP seems to be controlling, at least when it came to Gail. Controlling people, oftentimes, tend to want to “isolate” their victims via downing the victim’s friends and family members and discouraging, if not downright denying, the victim from access to those people the victim feels closest to. Controlling abusers like to keep the victim under their thumb, so to speak. I get the idea that although Gail is an independent thinker she also is a pleaser so if MP was vetoing Gail’s plans to visit with friends, etc. she may have deferred to him.

Also, MP’s ’truth-o-meter’ would not exactly win a prize for high readings. For instance, the comment he made to the police during a DV call about taking his boat to AL was disputed by some who said MP’s boat was already in AL and were certain he didn’t have a boat in TN, and MP telling BCBS he was attending the company-paid conference in MN but skipping the conference to go to PA, etc with TH, instead. One could reasonably infer from these types of misrepresentations by MP that there was a larger pattern of untruths occurring. imo

Further, the theory about Gail being abducted from her SM home upon returning from AL is possible, but how did it happen?

It has been stated on here that the SM home had a security system. Did that include surveillance cameras? If so, did LE look at any taped surveillance video? Well….since LE initially stated there was no probable cause that a crime had been committed (no evidence of foul play), it follows that LE did not remove and inspect cameras (if they existed, of course.) Hmmmm….if there were in-fact cameras, who do you suppose did remove them and go through the recorded footage?! (A bit of sarcasm inserted….but remember what happened to the computers?!) imo

Now, since there was a security system, at the very least, if someone tried to enter the home (perhaps including the garage or even the property perimeter depending on the complexity of the alarm system) why wasn’t the alarm system triggered and didn't alert authorities/neighbors? Was it disconnected? Turned-off? If so, why?! Was this common practice by members of the household? If not, was it deliberately turned-off on 4/30?

Was Gail a creature of habit around home? Did she follow set routines such as parking her Jeep in a particular place upon arrival from the Lake Home? If so, was that in the garage, driveway, or? Did the children usually go into the home right away and get involved with their particular interests or did they help Mom with unloading the Jeep, household chores, etc.? Could someone have observed their routines from a safe distance for awhile? And, what about the dogs…were there two of them or more? Were they kept in an outdoor kennel, dog run or inside? Did they roam the property freely or not? And even if they were usually friendly dogs, they would probably have barked at something or someone unexpectedly showing up in their territory. Why wouldn’t the children hear their dogs barking and check on Gail or even maybe hear a disturbance going on outside the house with their Mother and someone else, perhaps even shouting or screaming which should raise the ‘let’s go see what’s going on’ level! *(Certainly not implying that the children are at fault in any way, shape or form, would never do that, for the record!) Just trying to figure out how someone could commandeer Gail at the SM home?! Maybe they were hiding inside the home and waited until she was alone, but, again, how did someone access the home without triggering the alarm system unless…

If Gail was abducted from the SM home, maybe the abductor/s threatened Gail’s children or held a gun or knife to Gail. Surveillance cameras, unless disconnected, could certainly be of use, here. And, of course, interviews of the children by LE.

I flunked geography 101. Is Wolftever Creek the same as Harrison Bay? We ARE talking about the same incident.... Right?

Pearl: The best way to visualize Wolfteaver is if you're driving up Hwy 58 and come to Harrison Bay on your left, Wolfteaver is the large creek on your right. I believe there's a boat ramp there.

Wolfteaver flows from there all the way through Ooltewah and Collegedale. If you've ever been to the Collegedale Greenway and Imagination Station, the big creek there is also Wolfteaver.

Oh, and someone said Harrison was as far east as you can go and still be in Hamilton County, but that's not true. Ooltewah and Collegedale are east of there as the crow flies. The Bradley county line is just through the White Oak Mt. Gap on Old Lee Hwy (64).

I have a question for those who know about search dogs. I didn't get a chance to ask this when it was brought up recently on the last thread. After the amount of time that has passed since Gail disappeared and the rain we have had, can they still pick up the scent with the same reliability? I mean, obviously, it would be best done right away, but is it hopeless? TIA

Hi Melodie- it depends a whole lot on what type of scent you're talking about, and what type of training a SAR dog has had.
(Nothing is hopeless!)

One thing I just got to wondering about....if it has already been discussed, and I missed it, feel free to ignore this, (or point me in the right direction), but....

If Gail left Wetumpka around 6:30...
And it's a roughly 4 hour drive to Signal Mountain....
That would put her in Signal Mountain at 10:30.
Granted she could have hit rush hour traffic.
Granted she and the kids could have stopped for breakfast.

However, if she got two kids up and packed and on the road by 6:30 a.m.....this suggests to me she was in a hurry to get back to SM...so I don't think she would have made long stops or many stops...

Or did she drive the backroads again?

That time period between roughly 10:30 and 12:15 might be important, no? Was she home longer than we thought? Did she run errands or have stops to make on the mountain? We haven't heard of people seeing her out and about on the mountain during that timeframe, but maybe LE has and just isn't releasing that?

There is a one hour time difference.. IF she left Wetumpka at 6:30 in the am and it took 4 hours for her to drive to her home on Signal Mtn. She would have arrived on Signal around 11:30 in the am.

ETA..I would think driving backroads would take longer.. For certain the trip to Wetumpka is not a two hour drive like that attorney (friend) down in Hoover Alabama claimed it to be...JMHO

There is a one hour time difference.. IF she left Wetumpka at 6:30 in the am and it took 4 hours for her to drive to her home on Signal Mtn. She would have arrived on Signal around 11:30 in the am.

Trying to remember...is the 6:30 time when she first called her sister? If so, if the sister reported the call as approx 6:30, it would likely have been eastern standard time given her location, which means Gail would have been making the call central time at approx 5:30, which would put her in Chatt around 10:30 after all if she was already on the road and did not take long breaks or detours.

Trying to remember...is the 6:30 time when she first called her sister? If so, if the sister reported the call as approx 6:30, it would likely have been eastern standard time given her location, which means Gail would have been making the call central time at approx 5:30, which would put her in Chatt around 10:30 after all if she was already on the road and did not take long breaks or detours.

If it was 6:30 EST when the sister received the call it was 5:30 in Alabama.. And yes, she could have arrived back on Signal by 10:30 in the am..

In this article, Matt says Gail dropped the kids off about noon.

He said he did not know how long she had been there and that she dropped the children off with no one home at about noon.

http://buffaloprofessional.com/news...ing-signal-woman-chattanooga-times-free-press

glorias posted yesterday or the day before that Susie said Gail dropped the kids off about noon. Let me see if I can find that post and see if it has a link.

ETA: Here it is. No link. Perhaps glorias will provide one.

We know she dropped the kids off about noon, both Susie Button and Matt said so.
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6937349&postcount=1025"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TN TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #7[/ame]

Can someone please clarify something that has been eating away at me about Gail's disappearance?

AFIK, we do NOT have a description of what Gail was wearing when last seen (by MP, their children, even AD (!)).

Not slamming LE, but how in the he** does LE proceed in a MP investigation and expect the public to assist, without asking for and RELEASING THIS INFO TO THE PUBLIC?

Allegedly MP and the children have not given statements and have not been interviewed by LE...

I would think that a MP's vehicle (at least that info is out there) and what they were wearing when last seen would be standard info that LE would pursue (if not readily given by those who last saw the MP).

Can someone please clarify something that has been eating away at me about Gail's disappearance?

AFIK, we do NOT have a description of what Gail was wearing when last seen (by MP, their children, even AD (!)).

Not slamming LE, but how in the he** does LE proceed in a MP investigation and expect the public to assist, without asking for and RELEASING THIS INFO TO THE PUBLIC?

Allegedly MP and the children have not given statements and have not been interviewed by LE...

I would think that a MP's vehicle (at least that info is out there) and what they were wearing when last seen would be standard info that LE would pursue (if not readily given by those who last saw the MP).

It's a curious thing. Susie Button saw Gail in the Jeep, and should have seen or had an impression of the top she was wearing - was it light or dark? did it have sleeves or no? But... nothing.

I have had a few wild moments when I wondered if perhaps Gail drove away naked, and they don't want to release that.

In my better moments, I think perhaps the kids said she went to the bedroom and said she was going to change her clothes, and that they didn't see her after that, that the clothes they said she was wearing when they did last see her were found in the hamper, and that Susie just went blank on what Gail was wearing on top. *Really* hard for me to think Susie didn't at least have an impression of light/dark, sleeves or no though.

It's a curious thing. Susie Button saw Gail in the Jeep, and should have seen or had an impression of the top she was wearing - was it light or dark? did it have sleeves or no? But... nothing.

I have had a few wild moments when I wondered if perhaps Gail drove away naked, and they don't want to release that.

In my better moments, I think perhaps the kids said she went to the bedroom and said she was going to change her clothes, and that they didn't see her after that, that the clothes they said she was wearing when they did last see her were found in the hamper, and that Susie just went blank on what Gail was wearing on top. *Really* hard for me to think Susie didn't at least have an impression of light/dark, sleeves or no though.
LOL.

I wonder if LE has asked Susie for this info? And I recall now that AD and her ex didn't see Gail when she left the lake. And she most likely changed clothes since their get-together Friday night.

So again, the children are the most likely to know what their mother was wearing when she dropped them off at the SM home (the most recent sighting of her). Is that one of the reasons that MP won't let them visit with anyone unless supervised by himself or his family member(s)?

Not accusing MP, but it sure seems like he is not doing ANYTHING to assist in finding Gail, the mother of his children. :(

Did CC give an account of what Gail was wearing when she spotted her 3 times on/near the mountain on Saturday?

Did CC give an account of what Gail was wearing when she spotted her 3 times on/near the mountain on Saturday?

Good question! She too should have at least seen Gail's top, and gotten an impression of whether it was light or dark, sleeveless or no. It would be interesting to compare Susie and Carol's descriptions of what Gail was wearing.

Also, how her hair was done. Both Susie and Carol should have some info. Was it down loose? Pinned up? Ponytail? Did she have a scarf on? Lipstick? Sunglasses?

FBI will assist in Palmgren case
published Saturday, July 23rd, 2011

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2011/jul/23/b1-fbi-will-assist-in-palmgren-case/?local

I don't know why LE isn't releasing certain things, but after reading this, I'm convinced more than ever that LE isn't sleeping on the job. We've got now FOUR agencies involved: SMPD, HCSO, TBI, FBI--what more could anybody ask?

I am frustrated with the lack of information as much as anybody else, but I think those who wanted to get LE attention front and center have now accomplished that purpose.

I sure hope the leaders of those private efforts can feel a measure of success in this and now back off and let the professionals to their jobs.

I failed to mention the obvious: whether searching for Gail alive or not, a description of her last-seen apparel would help tremendously. Searching for her alive, it would have been vital for this info to be quickly disseminated. Although, theoretically, if Gail is still alive and "hiding out or whatever", she may re-wear some of those same articles of clothing.

I wonder if the search parties were informed of what apparel to look for (in case it had been discarded or strewn about)? On other cases, I have read that the searchers are sometimes given info not released to the public and are advised not to disclose that info.

Just noting it's been 2 1/2 weeks since LE searched Matt's mom's apartment. That was on July 6. There are still 2 of the 5 searches to go, 2 Alabama properties.

Search agreement signed June 8

Search one - first two of five properties - Palmgren residence and Red Bank storage shed - June 23 - 15 days from agreement signing

Search two - third of five properties - Matt's mom's apartment - July 6 - 13 days from Search one

It's now been 17 days since the last search on July 6

Links and more info:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6883183&postcount=161"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TN TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #7[/ame]

I failed to mention the obvious: whether searching for Gail alive or not, a description of her last-seen apparel would help tremendously. Searching for her alive, it would have been vital for this info to be quickly disseminated. Although, theoretically, if Gail is still alive and "hiding out or whatever", she may re-wear some of those same articles of clothing.

I wonder if the search parties were informed of what apparel to look for (in case it had been discarded or strewn about)? On other cases, I have read that the searchers are sometimes given info not released to the public and are advised not to disclose that info.

BBM Search parties? I wish there had been some. In the Holly Bobo case, they had thousands of volunteers out combing the woods for weeks. In Gail's case they had 1, maybe 2 days in the first few weeks where about 12 or so volunteers (organized by themselves) on ATVs, car and foot searched on a Saturday or Sunday for a few hours on Signal Mt. That's it. LE sent divers in to check Suck Creek one day. To my knowledge, LE has not arranged any volunteer searches at all. To add insult to injury, some of the volunteers wanted to do more searches and were asked not to. If someone knows of other searches that have been done, please correct me.

Hoping and praying The FBI will apply some real pressure to Mr. MP..JMHO

BBM Search parties? I wish there had been some. In the Holly Bobo case, they had thousands of volunteers out combing the woods for weeks. In Gail's case they had 1, maybe 2 days in the first few weeks where about 12 or so volunteers (organized by themselves) on ATVs, car and foot searched on a Saturday or Sunday for a few hours on Signal Mt. That's it. LE sent divers in to check Suck Creek one day. To my knowledge, LE has not arranged any volunteer searches at all. To add insult to injury, some of the volunteers wanted to do more searches and were asked not to. If someone knows of other searches that have been done, please correct me.

If you scroll way down on here to May 24, you can see pics of the Suck Creek search, and the reporter tweeting that an aerial search is planned. Never any MSM reports that was done. There were reports LE was going to search Lake Jordan, but no reports that was done either.

http://keepstream.com/CaseSignal/gail-palmgren-case-tweet-archive

The only other LE search I can think of, which really wasn't a search, was when LE checked the bottom of Big Fork or Insurance Bluff(?) - the place where lots of cars were pushed off a ridge or something. Based on Carol C's sighting.

I didn't realize LE had told the volunteers not to search. Maybe because they're not trained and the terrain in the SM area is too dangerous?

Future tense FBI will assist in Palmgren case

Present tense The FBI is lending resources to assist in the case of a missing Signal Mountain woman.

Past tense Two weeks later, the Hamilton County Sheriff's Office began investigating her disappearance and the FBI offered to lend its resources, said Special Agent Edward Galloway of the FBI's Chattanooga office.

The way that last is worded, it sounds like FBI has been on board since HCSO joined, which IIRC was May 17.

Hard to tell if they've been lending assisting or are going to lend assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Superman221