TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What really concerns me is if MP is saying all these things about Gail in public, what is he saying to his children in private about their mother? I think its really sad that Gail's family isn't allowed to see these children and it shouldn't be allowed to happen. This is just an extremely sad situation.

I looked back at the report after reading your post. I really think it's a case of sloppy handwriting. I could make a case for it being either word.... I must admit the word "the" makes more sense in the context of the sentence though.

If you pull up the actual PD report....you will see the word "the" Signal Mountain home (on the 2nd line)....and compare the 2 words....the night. The word "the" leaves the decision to return to SM up to GP. She was under no PD's order to return to SM within a certain period of time. :twocents:As for MP's conversation(s) with Gail Friday night into Saturday morning, We cannot ask GP what words were spoken during the conversation(s) because she is not here for us to ask. As for MP....I don't believe a word he utters. JMOPO:twocents:

If you pull up the actual PD report....you will see the word "the" Signal Mountain home (on the 2nd line)....and compare the 2 words....the night

I can take your word for it. I really don't think it makes a difference without the word "only" somewhere. I know that word isn't there.

I don't see the agreement extending past the one night, whether it says "the" or "one." There is simply no statement regarding when she would return.

And no reason there should be. I think the objective of LE is to diffuse the immediate situation and nothing more. Otherwise, they begin to play "lawyer."

I think the sentence, "No crimes were committed," is odd. Some of you who have maybe seen more LE reports than I have... is that a strange line? He would know what he saw but not what had happened before he arrived, and experienced officers know that often they simply don't have evidence to say either way. I'm thinking from the perspective of a domestic dispute. It's a very short report, and that sentence seems to stand out.

The statement actually backs the mental instability claim IMO. GP's words and actions are left out of the report, and to say that no crimes were committed would seem to give a reason for leaving out those details. It indicates this is a private matter. But...then to allow her to drive hours away with two children? That doesn't make sense.

This leaves me solidly on the fence again. Neither case makes sense to me.

I think the sentence, "No crimes were committed," is odd. Some of you who have maybe seen more LE reports than I have... is that a strange line? He would know what he saw but not what had happened before he arrived, and experienced officers know that often they simply don't have evidence to say either way. I'm thinking from the perspective of a domestic dispute. It's a very short report, and that sentence seems to stand out.

The statement actually backs the mental instability claim IMO. GP's words and actions are left out of the report, and to say that no crimes were committed would seem to give a reason for leaving out those details. It indicates this is a private matter. But...then to allow her to drive hours away with two children? That doesn't make sense.

As I understand it, the SMPD officers were dispatched to the Signal Mtn Police Dept headquarters.. Upon their arrival at the SMPD station there was a verbal disagreement going on between, Matt P, another person whose name had been removed from the report and Gail P..
The "no crimes were commited" statement is in reference to no crime being committed during the verbal altercation that took place at the SMPD Headquarters... JMHO..

JBean, I don't want to beat a dead horse here- but I am really wondering how any medical records were come by, in order for us to discuss Gail's mental or physical health to begin with.

Is there a signed release by Gail somewhere, that made her medical records available to Matt?

Otherwise it would seem that we are discussing rumor re: Gail's mental health. Would that be correct?

Let's just clear it up right now so we can move forward!
Psychosis is a VERY generic term and is used to describe many different mental states.

The documents use words like manic state,delusions,and increasing paranoia.
He does not say the word psychotic but he describes a person that has had a break from reality which can be a descriptor for psychosis. I have a relative that is bipolar-schizo affective and when he is manic, delusional and paranoid he is said to be in a psychotic state.

So, some people may have interpreted the statements made by Matt P as describing mental illness and psychosis and that is a very reasonable interpretation.

JBean, I don't want to beat a dead horse here- but I am really wondering how any medical records were come by, in order for us to discuss Gail's mental or physical health to begin with.

Is there a signed release by Gail somewhere, that made her medical records available to Matt?

Otherwise it would seem that we are discussing rumor re: Gail's mental health. Would that be correct?

The true state of her mental health is indeed an unknown. The fact related to this issue is only that Matt declared XYZ in his filings. IOW, the fact is that he said it, not that it is true.

What really concerns me is if MP is saying all these things about Gail in public, what is he saying to his children in private about their mother? I think its really sad that Gail's family isn't allowed to see these children and it shouldn't be allowed to happen. This is just an extremely sad situation.

Some of Gail's family members have been allowed to see the children. I do know personally that it is a fact FWIW. I do not know if anyone is currently allowed to see them though.

Oriah, that is interesting that you should bring this up. I don't know how he, MP, can get around HIPPA Laws and release anything from those records. I'm surprised that anyone dared to release the medications that Gail was suppose to be on. MP could be in a lot of trouble if he released that info and Gail wanted to make trouble for him if she is still around.

Oriah, that is interesting that you should bring this up. I don't know how he, MP, can get around HIPPA Laws and release anything from those records. I'm surprised that anyone dared to release the medications that Gail was suppose to be on. MP could be in a lot of trouble if he released that info and Gail wanted to make trouble for him if she is still around.

I thought HIPPA was about health care professionals/providers releasing your personal medical info-not so much your dh.

The first statement is only MP's POV because Gail had left. So we don't know what her version of events would be.

What's clear to me from the second report is that either MP really wanted a reason to drive that Jeep, or Gail really had a reason to not want him in it - or perhaps both. Was something in the Jeep on that day that she feared he'd see/find? Was she worried he would put a listening/tracking device on it? Or tamper with it in some way? I just think there was some kind of battle of wills that day over that Jeep and I want to know why.

The third report is pretty interesting.....there seem to be two places where names are redacted. I think it's obvious the second set of names is the children's names by the context. I considered other scenarios, but I agree the first name is most likely TH.

As for the motion filing....well it sure says a lot to me. MP claims that in the last four weeks GP has become very mentally unstable....interesting that he "forgets" to mention that it was about that time frame that GP realized he was cheating on her. That would make a lot of people depressed, anxious, and maybe even a little crazy-acting. It's as if he wants the court to believe that her behavior just changed out of nowhere. Because the TRUTH might explain her behavior as situational and transient, and might actually put him in a negative light! Cheating is low, but that's super-low. I just don't get how this squares with the "MP is a great guy" theory. I realize everyone makes mistakes, but those are not the actions of a great guy. MOO.

Yes, I very definitely think that both Diane and LE have information that indicates Gail left on her own, willingly. I would not be the least bit surprised if others also have similar information. I've heard it myself.

If you mean this in the very narrow sense that Gail drove out of her driveway willingly, I could buy that. But are you suggesting that both Diane and LE have information that Gail is still voluntarily missing?

You've heard it yourself from...who?

Why would DN file for the RO/GAL? Or enlist the FBI? Just as importantly, if all these people are speculating about MP's involvement, why would she let him just twist in the wind as far as the court of public opinion goes if she had information that suggested he was innocent?

I don't think the police know where Gail is or why she drove away. :twocents: And I'm sticking with that until the police or the family come right out and tell us where she is.

And why would she put Arlene, her friend, through all this grief?

I'm not buying it.

I added the links for all the court documents to the News Links (see my signature). I'll put them here too since so many people are discussing them.

Legal Documents:

Channel 9 Timeline and Links to Documents

Signal Mountain Police Reports

Request for Restraining Order and Legal Separation (MP vs. GP)

Reversal of Restraining Order and Legal Separation (MP vs. GP)

News Free Press: Siblings Request Restraining Order Against MP

Request for Restraining Order (Nowacki Siblings vs. MP) Denied

I thought HIPPA was about health care professionals/providers releasing your personal medical info-not so much your dh.

I believe you're correct. Anyone who worked with Gail in a medical capacity or even just at her pharmacy, in a billing office, at the insurance company, with her medical records, etc. is unable to share info because of HIPAA. These are known as "covered entities." MP may have a doctorate in pharmacy but, since he wasn't acting as a professional in regards to Gail (as far as we know) he's not a covered entity.

This is all based on my own admittedly basic understanding of HIPAA.

snipped

The third report is pretty interesting.....there seem to be two places where names are redacted. I think it's obvious the second set of names is the children's names by the context. I considered other scenarios, but I agree the first name is most likely TH.

I agree, that first name whited out doesn't seem like it's the children. We've heard the rumor that TH and MP drove home together on the 29th; if that rumor is true, then it very likely could be TH as the other name in the report.

On the 27th, the first day of the conference he was skipping out on, MP called Gail to say he was seeing a divorce lawyer. Then he came home early on the 29th. According to rumor, he came home with TH. Gail was already scared because she thought some strange vehicle was following her -- then her husband comes home after two days with a girlfriend who just happened to buy a new car during the time they skipped out on the work conference.

A while ago, confused said MP was the first to go to the police station on the 29th. ([ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6594870&postcount=394"]Link here.[/ame]) I've been mulling that over for a while now. Gail found out MP had been off with TH. Maybe MP actually arrived home on the 29th with TH in tow. Sure, words are going to be exchanged in that situation, but what could have happened to make MP go to the police station? Threats? Wanting to get Gail out of the house so he could have it? And once he went, why did Gail follow? I just can't wrap my head around this one.

I don't think we know exactly what time she left the lake house, do we?

Also, there's a one hour time difference between that part of AL and Signal Mtn.

No...but we do know that Gail called DN around 6:30 am CT and that the drive between Wetumpka, AL and SM is approximately 4 1/2 hours. Therefore, if Gail left the lake house at 6:30 am (which would be 7:30 am SM time), add 4 1/2 hours to that and she would have arrived at the SM home around noon. SB said she saw Gail leave the SM home at 12:15 pm. So, to me, it sounds as though Gail left the AL lake house close to the time she called DN.

Dang. It's weird they redacted her name on the April 29 report when it's not redacted on the very first one from 11/17/2010.

So I guess MP and his mom both went to the police station first and Gail followed? Why would they go to LE instead of just having MP stay with his mom until everyone cooled off? The report says nothing about their concern for Gail's welfare, so I doubt they went to the police station to ask for help with Gail's alleged "mental problems."

And I guess I always got the impression that MP thought Gail's 911 calls were unnecessary or evidence of how "unstable" she was, so it seems weird HE would go to LE for what appears to have been just a verbal disagreement per the report.

There is something really unsettling about the whole thing on the 29th IMVHO.

That was one of the 3 scenarios I considered. If she was there, I thought it might explain why he would have made sure she had an atty too....NOT because I think she had anything to do with Gail disappearing, but in the event that LE attempted to question her about what led up to this argument.

Wild guess....TH drops MP off at his moms, and mom drives him home from the "airport." He is met at the door by a furious Gail who he told he wanted a separation a few days ago. She called the conference hotel and knows he didn't check in there. She met with her PI and found out more info. She tells him to go stay with his mother, he is NOT welcome in that house. Arguing ensues. MP goes to the station to get them to inform Gail that legally he has as much right to be there as she does. Mom would rather go with MP than a very angry Gail. Gail follows them up there to explain WHY she doesn't want him there. By the time the cop meets them MP is so worked up he's about to blow a gasket and the officer, out of an abundance of caution, gives Gail a number of a safe place to stay.

I'm not saying that's what happened at all. I'm just saying I can think of scenarios that aren't too crazy whereby all of these individuals would end up there.

One question.. IF TH dropped MP off at his mother's residence, WHY would his mother have had to drive him home from the airport?
ETA.. Are you saying he may have used his mother to help cover for him?

Also, I heard upon his early arrival at their home on Signal Mtn. GP was the one who first went to the SMPD.. But what do I know?
JMHO

snipped

Also, I heard upon his early arrival at their home on Signal Mtn. GP was the one who first went to the SMPD.. But what do I know?
JMHO

I guess I should say that I've heard it both ways: On another website, I heard she went to the SMPD because she was startled by MP coming home with TH. Here, someone said MP went first. Either way it's just rumor so we don't really know for sure.

Personally, I can see Gail going first since we know she was already frightened by other things. I'm having trouble coming up with theories on why MP went first, especially if his mother was with him. JMO and speculation.

The true state of her mental health is indeed an unknown. The fact related to this issue is only that Matt declared XYZ in his filings. IOW, the fact is that he said it, not that it is true.

Thanks JBean.

Do you know if the information about Gail's medication was substantiated by current prescription medication bottles located in the Palmgrens' SM residence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove