TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dang. It's weird they redacted her name on the April 29 report when it's not redacted on the very first one from 11/17/2010.

So I guess MP and his mom both went to the police station first and Gail followed? Why would they go to LE instead of just having MP stay with his mom until everyone cooled off? The report says nothing about their concern for Gail's welfare, so I doubt they went to the police station to ask for help with Gail's alleged "mental problems."

And I guess I always got the impression that MP thought Gail's 911 calls were unnecessary or evidence of how "unstable" she was, so it seems weird HE would go to LE for what appears to have been just a verbal disagreement per the report.

There is something really unsettling about the whole thing on the 29th IMVHO.

I've always thought it would have been a rather brazen act on both MP and TH's part to show up at the residence on Ridgerock after their trip together out of town..
IF TH was the one who dropped him off at his mother's home did his mother know a woman had dropped him off at her residence..
Did his mother think he had just arrived home via airplane and was given a ride to her residence from the airport?
Did his mother know or suspect her son was having an affair with TH or was she told it was just a business associate?

I'm wondering what all he told her to get her to agree to take him home..I can't imagine her knowing what was really going on and volunteering to assist him...

I've always told my children I'll DIE for you but I won't LIE for you..And they know I mean it..JMHO

Of all the statements in all the reports this is the one that stands out to me: "End of statement." by the LEO. I agree with others here.....something is waaaaay off on the situation of the 29th. There is nothing in the report explaining what the incident entailed besides just disorder (why was there disorder?)...and it was defused. End of statement. Please don't chide me on this....and am not a handwriting expert by any means, but the different dates is interesting. IMO, the date of the 29th looks like it is replacing something that was erased, whited out, etc. The LEO for the
most part keeps his words very close to the base line, yet that "29" sticks out like a sore thumb to me. Could be something....could be nothing but him not having a stable writing base.???? But..odd. The whole report is documenting a dispute...a resolution...pfff---waste of time in the eyes of the LEO, imo. If for some reason that report ended up being before the courts for some reason...what would it tell them?

Where were the children while all this was going on at the PD? MP, imo, always needs a cohort/protector/mouthpiece for his disgruntles. If MP went first, maybe GP told him to hit the road or not to come back to the house and he thought he could manipulate her emotions with JP being there? ATM, I can't see a scenario for GP taking the lead to PD..unless in fear of something. I guess, I can't understand why they had to acutually go there....when either one could have called 911 again?

Do we know when MP actually left to go on to his "conference"? Did he tell GP it was a week long thing and left on Sun or Mon or did he leave on the 26th? The month before her disappearance was overwhelming for GP in not only trying to get her ducks in a row, but probably from finding many things askew. TH, money being taken from the a/c..substantial money.. thousands a month by the sounds of it and then the bomb of the conference lie and TH purchasing a car, etc. Then her be followed ---did she tell her PI...did she tell AD?. I'm mulling the idea around that GP may have been the one wanting to go AL---just to take documents, etc, but not quite convinced myself of that.

As far as AD changing her story...yes, she did, but the story did change...abruptly.. GP was planning to go to the lake house that w/e, but it was unexpected at how that actually turned out. Also, AD stated she didn't know about the "discussion" everyone had with LE that day.

BeanE can you tell us the source you heard from that LE & DN know that GP left on her own?

Em, do you know the reason why GP went to the PD on the 29th?

TIA

The big mystery here is what did DN find out about MP and GP that she didn't know before. Whatever it was...wasn't good. Her bringing LE in may or maynot be a good thing...depending on who or the circumstances. IMO But, I think it's the reason the family isn't talking. Financials will tell the reason, but not so sure it will find GP. Yet I certainly hope so, because the children will seek the truth in the future, if not.

JMHO

Honest question: If they all know Gail just left on her own, why don't they inform the people who are doing physical searches and/or online work and searches? For example, fireflylink contacted LE about finding the Jeep and has an email regarding the Jeep that was approved by LE, so clearly they were involved in writing it. Why would they do that if everyone close to the case knows Gail just walked off willingly?

Why did the FBI get involved? Why did LE spend time, money, and effort on multiple searches?

What would be the motivation for not telling the press something? Surely having this drag out in the media, online, and in local rumors can't be doing anyone any good.

How does the restraining order that KN and DN filed fit into this scenario?

These are all honest questions, not rhetorical.

I can't answer your questions because I don't think - and never stated - that anyone KNOWS Gail left on her own.

I used the word 'indicates' in my post - which you quoted - meaning points to, implies, suggests, etc.

What a ridiculous concept that LE and everyone else would be perpetrating such huge hoax on the public.

But are you suggesting that both Diane and LE have information that Gail is still voluntarily missing?

No. What in my post looks to you like I was suggesting that?

I don't think the police know where Gail is or why she drove away.

Me either! Ridiculous!

And I'm sticking with that until the police or the family come right out and tell us where she is.

Me too!

I'm not buying it.

Me either!

BeanE can you tell us the source you heard from that LE & DN know that GP left on her own?

Nope, because I never heard that, and never said I did. Ridiculous!

If you pull up the actual PD report....you will see the word "the" Signal Mountain home (on the 2nd line)....and compare the 2 words....the night.

Looks like 'one' to me.

The word "the" leaves the decision to return to SM up to GP.

As would the word 'one'.

She was under no PD's order to return to SM within a certain period of time.

Agreed!

I don't see the agreement extending past the one night, whether it says "the" or "one."

Agreed!

Yes, I very definitely think that both Diane and LE have information that indicates Gail left on her own, willingly. I would not be the least bit surprised if others also have similar information. I've heard it myself.

Okay, my bad then. You're not implying that Diane and LE think Gail is willingly missing now.

We've ALL heard that MP said she drove away 4/30, and that SB's sighting seems to corroborate that. I thought you meant that you heard that Diane and LE have additional information beyond that indicating that Gail left on her own.

The true state of her mental health is indeed an unknown. The fact related to this issue is only that Matt declared XYZ in his filings. IOW, the fact is that he said it, not that it is true.

Thank you. Anyone can say anything in a family court motion.

I've always thought it would have been a rather brazen act on both MP and TH's part to show up at the residence on Ridgerock after their trip together out of town..
IF TH was the one who dropped him off at his mother's home did his mother know a woman had dropped him off at her residence..
Did his mother think he had just arrived home via airplane and was given a ride to her residence from the airport?
Did his mother know or suspect her son was having an affair with TH or was she told it was just a business associate?

I'm wondering what all he told her to get her to agree to take him home..I can't imagine her knowing what was really going on and volunteering to assist him...

I've always told my children I'll DIE for you but I won't LIE for you..And they know I mean it..JMHO

Bolded by me....Just want to make sure you saw the bottom of my post.....I just put a scenario out there that would result in all of them ending up at the PD. It is one of about a billion possibilities and I have no information that suggests it is more or less likely than any other possible scenario. Hopefully you're just speculating along the same train of thought. Just want to make sure we don't give the impression that it's a factual account.

Bolded by me....Just want to make sure you saw the bottom of my post.....I just put a scenario out there that would result in all of them ending up at the PD. It is one of about a billion possibilities and I have no information that suggests it is more or less likely than any other possible scenario. Hopefully you're just speculating along the same train of thought. Just want to make sure we don't give the impression that it's a factual account.

I don't how or why they ended up at the police station on Signal Mtn..

In reference to my post to you I was just questioning one of your scenarios as to WHY his mother would have had to pick him up from the airport IF TH dropped him off at his mother's residence...
My post was more in reference to TH taking MP to his mother's residence and his mother taking him up the mtn...
IIRC.. I also used the word "IF".. that is what happened...JMHO

Yes, I very definitely think that both Diane and LE have information that indicates Gail left on her own, willingly. I would not be the least bit surprised if others also have similar information. I've heard it myself.
Agreed.
I concur that family members and friends think that Gail left on her own-initially. I am of the mind that she left the SM house of her own free will to destination unknown.
But what happened after she left is the issue for me and I would assume is the issue for family members. She basically dropped off the face of the earth and no one expected that.
For example, if Gail called her sister, was upset and said I am leaving the house now and I am not sure where I am going but I have to get out of the house-DN's impression would be that she left voluntarily. But the fact that Gail did not show up anywhere and no one has a heard from her, it would be clear that she left voluntarily but circumstances changed somewhere along the line.
JMHO.

Agreed.
I concur that family members and friends think that Gail left on her own-initially. I am of the mind that she left the SM house of her own free will to destination unknown.
But what happened after she left is the issue for me and I would assume is the issue for family members. She basically dropped off the face of the earth and no one expected that.
For example, if Gail called her sister, was upset and said I am leaving the house now and I am not sure where I am going but I have to get out of the house-DN's impression would be that she left voluntarily. But the fact that Gail did not show up anywhere and no one has a heard from her, it would be clear that she left voluntarily but circumstances changed somewhere along the line.
JMHO.

JBean, not to beat yet another dead horse- but this is why I'd like to narrow down Gail's exact route of travel when leaving SM.

I think it's possible that her phone was discarded or lost that day- and either was not destroyed until the 2nd, or finally died on the 2nd.
I've even contemplated that it was stolen.
Which begs me to ask another question.
Has the vin been run as reported stolen?
TIA...

Thank you. Anyone can say anything in a family court motion.

Irish- do you think this motion is implying constructive desertion?
I'm really at a loss here as to how this filing makes any sense- especially given the timeframe. Help!

Why on earth would an attorney file a restraining order, if also filing what is essentially a desertion motion?? Talk about 'come here, no get away'... :waitasec:

I really wonder what the intention is behind this. The missing passports and birth certificates (that weren't really missing) would explain the retraction of the RO, I guess...

But does that mean that all of the other items reported missing- such as jewelry etc- might not really be 'missing' either? :banghead:

Agreed.
JMHO.

Thanks. I'd assume the circumstances changed very early along the line too, because it's clear that by Monday morning, DN is concerned about Gail's whereabouts.

Reposting my question over here from the Jeep Project thread... perhaps a local knows the answer to this question.

Where is the hardtop for Gail's Jeep stored? TIA for anyone who knows this.

I'm really at a loss here as to how this filing makes any sense- especially given the timeframe. Help!

Why on earth would an attorney file a restraining order, if also filing what is essentially a desertion motion?? Talk about 'come here, no get away'... :waitasec:

I really wonder what the intention is behind this. The missing passports and birth certificates (that weren't really missing) would explain the retraction of the RO, I guess...

But does that mean that all of the other items reported missing- such as jewelry etc- might not really be 'missing' either? :banghead:

Did we find out for certain that they were not missing. I know it was posted that he overlooked them, but was that rumor or fact? Just wondering.

I think it's fair to say Gail probably did remove some items. We have statements from several people that Gail gave them things prior to her disappearance. RO's about disposition of property and assets are really, really common in divorce cases. I would guess it wasn't even MP's idea to file about the protection of assets, that's the kind of thing a lawyer is trained to think about when representing a client's interest.

I know why I think MP filed the rest of the motions and supporting info, but I'm not going to speculate about it on here. That's an invitation for drama.

Did we find out for certain that they were not missing. I know it was posted that he overlooked them, but was that rumor or fact? Just wondering.

It's been rumored that she took them, and it's been rumored that she didn't. For all I know, it's a rumor that they even have passports to begin with. (I believe they do - but I don't even think even THAT has been confirmed.) So frustrating.

Do we have any information as to when Gail first suspected someone was following her? Do we know how long this played out before she actually disappeared?

MP telling LE Gail was paranoid and had become delusional because she thought someone was following her and was even taking down license plate numbers is IMO part of well thought out plan to disappear Gail..

One Question.. Lets just say for an instance he is NOT involved, (which I don't believe for a second).. Wonder what he is thinking in regards to Gail and her jeep not being seen or heard of since April 30, 2011...Wouldn't you think he would now be taking her claims of being followed a little more seriously?

More questions..
Wouldn't you think he would volunteer to take a LSAT, LVA or a LDT and fully cooperate with LE in order to clear his name?

IF his children were with Gail on the way home from Alabama wouldn't you think he would allow the children to speak to LE? They may have extremely important information as to what may have transpired before Gail disappeared.... JMHO..

I think it's fair to say Gail probably did remove some items. We have statements from several people that Gail gave them things prior to her disappearance. RO's about disposition of property and assets are really, really common in divorce cases. I would guess it wasn't even MP's idea to file about the protection of assets, that's the kind of thing a lawyer is trained to think about when representing a client's interest.

I know why I think MP filed the rest of the motions and supporting info, but I'm not going to speculate about it on here. That's an invitation for drama.

I totally agree, Irish.

I am not super familiar with divorce proceedings... do these sorts of motions re: property and assets commonly come before divorce proceedings begin?

TIA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member