Identified! TN - Greeneville, body found in burning vehicle in church parking lot, 20 Dec 2022 - Sandra Kay Peterson

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

citizen_sleuth

Verified family member - Orie Donald Esh thread
Reaction score
Greeneville PD: Body found in burning car at church - WJHL
Authorities say they found a body after extinguishing a vehicle fire in a church parking lot Tuesday night.

A release from the Greeneville Police Department (GPD) states that first responders arrived at Eastside Baptist Church at 8:02 p.m. in reference to a vehicle fire in a parking lot at 195 Serral Drive.

Flames engulfed a vehicle in the back of the lot when the GPD and Greeneville Fire Department located it. Once crews extinguished the fire, authorities discovered a body inside the vehicle, police say.

The GPD launched an investigation into the cause of the fire and the circumstances surrounding the death. The unidentified body will undergo an autopsy at the William L. Jenkins Forensic Center in Johnson City.

Greene Co. church reveals new details in car explosion

[...]
Firefighting crews were dispatched to Eastside around 8 p.m. Tuesday after receiving reports of a fire, and when they arrived they found a vehicle fully engulfed in fire against the side of the church’s fellowship hall. When the fire was out, they found suspected human remains inside.

Fox told News Channel 11 that surveillance cameras caught the car driving into the church’s nativity scene before backing up and driving into the corner of the building. Shortly after it did so, Fox said the entire vehicle burst into flames.

Suicide? Medical incident? Drunken ex-parishioner? Whoever they are, I hope they are at peace.

Greene Co. church reveals new details in car explosion

[...]
Snipped

Suicide? Medical incident? Drunken ex-parishioner? Whoever they are, I hope they are at peace.
Or a horrible battery puncture ?That is happening at higher than it should rates. It is very alarming . IMO.I dont know why they didnt say what kind of car it was. That matters.

https://www.fierceelectronics.com/e...y-fires-garner-design-scrutiny-from-engineers
"The vehicles’ cell packs have the potential to smoke and ignite internally, said NHTSA, which confirmed five known fires with two injuries."

Last edited:
I can't seem to watch the video. Do you know the victim's name?
The cause of the fire is still under investigation. An excerpt from the article is below stating identity.

GREENEVILLE, Tenn. (WJHL) — Greeneville police have released the identity of the body found inside a burned vehicle in a church parking lot.

The body was identified as
Sandra Kay Peterson, 56 of Greeneville.

nothing else released yet re COD or what may have happened it seems. The scene as reported so far sounds like a freak accident IMO

nothing else released yet re COD or what may have happened it seems. The scene as reported so far sounds like a freak accident IMO
I'm guessing it was probably some kind of medical or mental health emergency. A stroke, a seizure, hallucinations, a heart attack, any or all of the above, or none of them. She was trying to drive somewhere. It seems too disorganised for a 'clear headed' suicide attempt. Unless more information is released, it's likely we'll never know.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ismyless
Back