TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We recently had a case where I live and the perp did not discriminate by age. He attacked a 20 yo and 2 women in their 40's. The 20 yo was forced to strip down & perform sexual favors. She ended up getting away and running to the nearest store. But he also approached 2 40 yo old women. One was within a mile from the first attack. She ended up screaming & so he left. The second 40 yo woman was about 20 miles away. She ended up talking him out of it & then he shot & killed himself about 5 miles down the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by norest4thewicked
I personally don't think that 20 and 31 are the same age group, but the cases do seem similar.

I doubt a horse was used because you have to have a sizable trailer for it and a ATV would be a much faster and reliable mode of transport.

Agree. But what about pulling a horse trailer w/a pickup and transporting the ATV inside the trailer?

:maddening:

Depending on how people dress and present themselves, age can be subjective to who is looking at them...I am 25 and look younger than Holly, but my bf's sister who is 30 looks younger than us both! I think if they are related, the perp was just looking for girls on campuses...and maybe these two he was able to follow easily....or stood out to the perp for some specific to him reason. Really hoping I'm way off base though!

ITA. I am 58 and my cousin who is 3 months younger than me had surgery last year. Her doctor said to me "are you the daughter"? Then a day later I was visiting and a nurse said she thought I was the daughter. It is hard for me to judge someone's age and I have learned not to assume anything with that respect as it can really hurt someone's feelings; i.e., my dear cousin. I don't think I dress particularly young for my age either because you can be sure my daughter would call me down on that, LOL. Yes, I think it is more the look that could be a common factor with these two young ladies if the cases turn out to be related.

I sure hope LE is making some big progress today while the volunteers are resting up for a search tomorrow. Better yet, I hope they find her safe and they don't even have to do any searching tomorrow.

Yes, on NG, at the bottom of the screen it did say that. & it's currently in the lab being tested.

I also need a "confirm" on this:

I was the one who first posted the video where police showed the duct tape with the blond hair by the side of a road.

I believe that on NG last evening, there was a screen at the end of the broadcast that listed the duct tape with the blond hair had indeed been found by the side of a road.

Fine, get Levi on here to confirm where he got it from, cause I don't see it confirmed anywhere else, including the links in the article he wrote.

Believe what ya want i believe she reported it! JMO

Fine, get Levi on here to confirm where he got it from, cause I don't see it confirmed anywhere else, including the links in the article he wrote.

Confirmation from the TBI spokesperson Kristin Helms was really enough for me. They confirmed she reported it and that they investigating any possible connection. Not sure what other type of confirmation you need.

Confirmation from the TBI spokesperson Kristin Helms was really enough for me. They confirmed she reported it and that they investigating any possible connection. Not sure what other type of confirmation you need.

LOL me too:banghead:

I think that the two cases are connected..
and if other women have been approached by someone and haven't reported it.. I hope they do now... I'm glad HS has came forward with this info.. maybe others will too..
and thanks to D' for sharing this info. before the National media got ahold of it....:)
Perhaps the perp. works for a company that delivers office/school supplies to the area schools.. or books or something...??

I'm asking if Heather reported the incident that happened to her, BEFORE Holly disappeared.

It's a simple question. If TBI spokesperson Kristin Helms reported that, I want to see her exact words. Link.

What about Heather's presence on-line. Could the perp. have shopped on-line or off-line? What are your opinions? That is, if you believe the two are connected.

One difference with regard to online presence is that Heather's FB is wide open and Holly's is private.

I'm asking if Heather reported the incident that happened to her, BEFORE Holly disappeared.

It's a simple question. If TBI spokesperson Kristin Helms reported that, I want to see her exact words. Link.

I already gave it to you once. It's been posted on these threads maybe 5 times. I think most are satisfied she reported it including the TBI.

"TBI confirmed it was reported to local police at the time." can only be taken so many ways and it's been confirmed over and over again in the MSM.

If you're that curious about that aspect of it I'm sure you can get a copy of the police report.

Honestly I'm shocked this wasn't widely reported in TN at the time. That's a big deal.

HS's facebook wall is open and if you have the patience to scroll all the way to around January 23/25, you'll see facebook updates about the attack as well as her stating that she reported it and the police did respond.

I too felt suspicious, but it seems like it did happen.

One difference with regard to online presence is that Heather's FB is wide open and Holly's is private.

Your post makes me wonder about how easy it would be for LE to gain access to a FB account that is private when something like this happens, as did with Holly. This question came up with the Brittany Smith case (which is in the next town over from where I am). I recall it being stated a few times during PCs that were held that the social networking sites were not being totally cooperative with their investigation. With this said, it makes me think we should give our passwords to at least a trusted family member as you never know these days when access would be beneficial for someone's well-being. I'm sure this thought would open a whole other can of worms though. I had always thought law enforcement would have total access in a life or death situation, but apparently not. You then get into the privacy of friends, friends of friends, etc., etc. All MOO.

Before when I said Police contacted her then the media. I meant recently after Holly was taken.

Go to HS FB page and go back to Jan. around the 23rd. She states she reported it. I know that's probably not proof enough but it will have to do until some one gets a quote from TBI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Katelyn26