TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.wsmv.com/news/27625343/detail.html
On this site above that was just posted it also says,

Sullivan is scared now and said there are caves and trails behind her rural home. She said she's like to see those areas searched as well.

It made me think about a cave i looked at awhile back when you all were talking about them and i found this cave..

http://www.waymarking.com/waymarks/WM1XQ2_Baugus_Cave_Parsons_TN

and this picture on the day she went missing...

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log....141f&IID=6ecf3514-e6cb-4b84-ad3a-4c34b7ea2a3c

Not saying that guy in the picture is at all related to this but maybe he seen something that day, don't look like he entered it because of the water.

per his post:
I wasn't sure if I was at the right place when I was trying to find a place to park. Once I got out of the truck and walked toward the hillside I could see the cave immediately. I was surprised to see the creek flowing out of its mouth. That would make exploring it a little more difficult. All the wildflowers on the hillside today made the place feel like being in the Smokies. Thanks for bring me to a very interesting spot.

ALL IMO

Miz that is some great sleuthing. I doubt that he is 'our guy', but he would have been in the general area where much of the evidence was found. Who knows what he might have seen while wandering around looking for where to park, and he wouldn't think significant unless he was aware of the HB case.

IMO, you should probably send this on to the TBI number, they might just want to talk to him.

I think there being a connection is very remote. These are two completely different communities. Also, Parson's is more centered (not just location, but centers of activities) in West TN and Centerville is more Middle TN.

It is really hard to say. I doubt investigating similarities would hurt either case. And many people have committed crimes in different areas; even different types of crimes. Ted Bundy did stuff in more than one state. Also Lawrence Singleton raped and hacked the hands off a teenage hitchhiker in California but was also convicted of stabbing a prostitute here in Florida. Now what I would investigate is why someone would be in both areas? Could it be someone with business, friends, relatives, etc that would go back and forth. With at least Hollys crime it would take some time and planning. Perhaps more planning than the January attempt if, they are in fact related.

Hi Brad, It's all through the Hailey Dunn and many other cases. I'll Google it now, but if there are any long-timers here that have this infohandy, I'd be most appreciative. I know it seems only plausible if phone is off then no ping, that's what I used to think as well...before WS.

heres some info on cell phones!

http://www.ehow.com/how_6296518_ping-cell-phone-locate.html

read down to number 5 about the gps
the ping is found when phone is on gps is used when phone is off!

I'm asking if Heather reported the incident that happened to her, BEFORE Holly disappeared.

It's a simple question. If TBI spokesperson Kristin Helms reported that, I want to see her exact words. Link.

http://www.thedaily.com/page/2011/04/20/042011-news-holly-bobo-2-2/

The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation confirmed that Sullivan reported the incident to police at the time.

A spokeswoman told The Daily yesterday it was investigating the possible connection between Sullivan's case and Bobo's disappearance.

"We have not ruled out similarities between the two cases," bureau spokeswoman Kristin Helms said. "We are continuing to investigate all leads and connections."

I am just going by what has been published in the media. Also, UT Martin makes more sense geographically. I would expect her to be living on campus if she goes to a school in Nashville.

or a TN Technology Center perhaps

It should be easy enough to find out if the Sullivan attack was reported. Most counties have a crime report in the newspaper or on the LE web site. Going to the web site for the local newspaper and searching or to the city or county LE site should provide a report date. I know here the paper has a weekly crime log listing what has happened in the county.

Did you find it? The actual police report would be even better but at this point I'll take any real 'proof' mostly cos I want to see exactly what she reported 'word for word'..My concern is seeing if the 'story' changed in any way at all..To see if she explains the events in the same exact way then as she does now..This stems from what we've seen happen in this case..How many diff versions have we heard? Almost too many to count! :banghead:

It is really hard to say. I doubt investigating similarities would hurt either case. And many people have committed crimes in different areas; even different types of crimes. Ted Bundy did stuff in more than one state. Also Lawrence Singleton raped and hacked the hands off a teenage hitchhiker in California but was also convicted of stabbing a prostitute here in Florida. Now what I would investigate is why someone would be in both areas? Could it be someone with business, friends, relatives, etc that would go back and forth. With at least Hollys crime it would take some time and planning. Perhaps more planning than the January attempt if, they are in fact related.
I appreciate your points and I hope you understand I like the discussion.

In the case that you mentioned, both girls were easily available.

These two women were in fairly remote areas and not "on the street".

In these two cases, the perp went to their homes in remote areas in remote communities. To me, that indicates two different localized crimes. These aren't places you just stumble accross.

I am not completely ruling out the possibility that these two are related but there is too little evidence to merit very much resource.

OT

For those that have been following the Phylicia Barnes case. Its been confirmed that she is the woman that was pulled from the river...

http://www.wbtv.com/

No I did not look for it. Other people were asking about the reports. I was just pointing out it SHOULD be easy enough to confirm.

Did you find it? The actual police report would be even better but at this point I'll take any real 'proof' mostly cos I want to see exactly what she reported 'word for word'..My concern is seeing if the 'story' changed in any way at all..To see if she explains the events in the same exact way then as she does now..This stems from what we've seen happen in this case..How many diff versions have we heard? Almost too many to count! :banghead:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carla Lashelle
It should be easy enough to find out if the Sullivan attack was reported. Most counties have a crime report in the newspaper or on the LE web site. Going to the web site for the local newspaper and searching or to the city or county LE site should provide a report date. I know here the paper has a weekly crime log listing what has happened in the county.

I don't understand why some think that monsters don't travel...Carla post is what I was wanting to say for awhile.

The guy that sitting in Madison County right now arrested for stalking,
Has a attemped kidnapping charge in Dickson county
and he RSO in Benton county. He travel all over the counties. j/s

From a news article he not connected to Holly case...

I appreciate your points and I hope you understand I like the discussion.

In the case that you mentioned, both girls were easily available. The two women were in fairly remote areas and not "on the street".

In these two cases, the perp went to their homes in remote areas in remote communities. To me, that indicates two different localized crimes. These aren't places you just stumble accross.

I am not completely ruling out the possibility that these two are related but there is too little evidence to merit very much resource.

Yes I like discussion too. My examples were not meant to relate particularly to these two cases but to show a known criminal can commit not only crimes in different locations but also different types of crimes. The remote location itself is probably important in both TN cases. But what drew the suspect to both places IF its the same guy. How would he find one or the other women? Does he go back and forth to both areas? I would assume he did not see either woman for the first time at their remote house. He saw them somewhere... where? Does he live near where the "first" attempt happened? Or was he visiting there and live near Holly?

The media stated UT Martin and have no reason to doubt that.

Are you speaking of Holly or Heather?

Holly was attending TN Technology Center on an extension campus of UT Martin, but not attending UT Martin.

The media stated that Heather was a "business student" but I never found where she attending classes, although her public FB says "Nashville".

If the kidnapper lived in or around the Linden area which is approximately half-way between Parsons and Centerville, he would probably shop or go to eat in both areas on occasion. I think the two cases could easily be related. The M O is certainly the same in both cases, early morning hour, houses both close to wooded rural areas, both young blonde women, both attacked right in front of their houses, both grabbed by the arm.

Too many similarities, IMO, to disregard a possible connection.

I'm a little confused why we're talking about the cave? Can someone feel me in, or perhaps I just need more coffee!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member