TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This case has not only been plagued with misinformation but has been filled with no information - can't recall a case so tight-lipped. Every community forum I've read re: connection to the case seems to insinuate, "I know something, but if I told you, I'd have to kill you." WTF?

What's been found besides the lunchbox? What should searchers be looking for? A cell phone? A tennis shoe? Papers? A purse? Is there new info re: vehicle? If the search has been called off for today, IMO there's a reason for it, and it's not tired searchers. Can't Holly's cell be tracked?

IMO the perp does not necessarily have to be a community member. What if the abductor specked out the woods and a travel direction before taking Holly? An avid woodsman focusing on Holly over even a few weeks could have done this w/o raising an alarm, since there are many hunters in the woods.

I note the seller from Parsons took his ATV tires off Craigslist, although the last I saw the Jackson seller was still there. Guess the Parsons seller wasn't involved but maybe was a bit overwhelmed by the attention - bad timing.

I wonder when Holly screamed. If it was someone she knew who was standing in her carport then she may have been caught off guard, but not enough to scream so loud that a rural neighbor could hear. Was it when the bleeding occurred? If so, would the lunch bag and any other items, like books, not be dropped at the time of the scream...just out of self defense and reflex? I wonder if there was blood on the lunch bag. It would seems likely if either Holly or the abductor bled enough for the brother to notice it in the carport and grass area. I'm sure the lunch bag is being tested. Does the blood in the carport and grass area match any findings on the lunch bag?
At this point I wonder if that report is even true, or if it was Holly.
If Holly was going to scream I think like Heather Sullivan it would have been when she was initially grabbed in her own back yard.
That would make it impossible for a neighbor to hear her though. If she screamed she did it closer to a neighbors home.

Oosh, we don't have any officially confirmed facts to dissect, do we?

I don't think it was Holly's blood. And I think that perhaps the reason she still had her items in hand because whomever led her out into those woods, told her she needed to come with him, his friend was "hurt", an animal was injured, anything of that sort I think Holly would have helped. I think perhaps the abductor had blood on him when he approached Holly. This would have made his story more believable that someone or something was hurt and he needed her help.

And if a neighbor heard a scream, I think it's at that point that Holly realized she was being abducted and his story was untrue about whatever he told her to get her to walk with him.

They got the DNA results yesterday. What if the blood isn't Holly's. Doesn't it take some time to run it thru CODIS????

At this point I wonder if that report is even true, or if it was Holly.
If Holly was going to scream I think like Heather Sullivan it would have been when she was initially grabbed in her own back yard.
That would make it impossible for a neighbor to hear her though. If she screamed she did it closer to a neighbors home.

Oosh, we don't have any officially confirmed facts to dissect, do we?

LE did confirm the scream...I'll have to link hunt for a minute, but I'll find it. Maybe she waited until she was closer to wherever in the house she figured her brother would be before screaming, like if she thought he would be near the rear facing windows, she waited until she got closer to the back of the house. I don't know, some people panic immediately, and some go into survival mode, where the thinking and planning actually gets better and clearer. We don't know which one Holly was, but she was training to keep a cool head during medical emergencies, hopefully some of the emergency prep carried over into her everyday life and this one out of the ordinary experience.

When asked who saw Holly being abducted Sheriff Wyatt said, “It was a neighbor that lives just up the road there from the house. She didn’t see it but heard the screams of the young lady as she was leaving the house.”

Continue reading on Examiner.com: Holly Bobo Abduction: Week-in-review - National missing persons | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/missing-persons-in-national/holly-bobo-abduction-week-review#ixzz1KAjHjmGG

Isabelle is reportedly a verified Examiner poster, as in Tricia allows her posts to be taken as news, so I'll use this one.
ETA: If anyone happens to have a link for the interview that this came from, so I can transcribe, I would be eternally grateful.

Hi guys. Haven't been able to get back on here for awhile. So please forgive me if this has been covered in any detail and I missed the posts. Just adding to our knowledge about how predators operate and how the women survived.

Several days ago, Deborah Norville, on NG brought up the "mountain man" abductor angle again. One or more of the posters here in the threads brought up the Kari Swenson case. I just found a more expanded article about that case: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1119246/3/index.htm
and about the abductor being denied parole: http://www.islandparknews.com/atf.php?sid=2172

Here's another one that I didn't know about:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peggy_Ann_Bradnick

It happened a long time ago in PA. And the bizarre thing is that Peggy Ann Bradnick, the woman who was kidnapped in this case, is scheduled to speak today:

http://www.echo-pilot.com/features/x250639170/Peggy-Ann-Bradnick-to-talk-about-life-after-kidnapping

I don't think it was Holly's blood. And I think that perhaps the reason she still had her items in hand because whomever led her out into those woods, told her she needed to come with him, his friend was "hurt", an animal was injured, anything of that sort I think Holly would have helped. I think perhaps the abductor had blood on him when he approached Holly. This would have made his story more believable that someone or something was hurt and he needed her help.

And if a neighbor heard a scream, I think it's at that point that Holly realized she was being abducted and his story was untrue about whatever he told her to get her to walk with him.

That's what I've thought all along, someone acting like they were needing help, maybe the perp was bleeding and asks her for help. He could have cut himself to say, hey....there was a hunting accident in the woods..my friend is hurt bad too, help...then led her away.

If items were indeed 'dropped' in an attack...it's possible the 'attacker' forced her to retrieve items or picked them up himself to avoid leaving behind unnecessary scattered evidence...

It would be useful to know how she carried her stuff and what she normally carried. She may not have had a ton of books, especially if she were going to class for a test that day. And her items could have been in a back pack that would be easier for someone to grab and carry off with Holly. Perhaps the suspect had her back pack in one hand and her in the other? Who knows. I don't think she would just carry loose stacks of papers, books, etc.

That's what I've thought all along, someone acting like they were needing help, maybe the perp was bleeding and asks her for help. He could have cut himself to say, hey....there was a hunting accident in the woods..my friend is hurt bad, help...then led her away.

My thoughts about the scream is that she did not scream at her house but at some point in the woods closer to the neighbor. Myself I still dont believe the "hurt friend" story. Its actually unnecessary and LE has said they think she was in fear for her life as she was being lead into the woods, implying she knew something was wrong at that point. For the "hurt friend" story to even work I would think the suspect would have had to have been frantic and loud... HEY MAN MY FRIENDS HURT WE GOTTA GET OUT THERE FAST HURRY HURRY COME ON. And that would have attracted attention from anyone else in Holly's house or even just driving down the road.

Oh and good morning, rise n shine y'all. I pray for any news today. Anything!

coffeebath.gif

Good Morning peeps !

Prayers for Holly today, Im off to work, hope you all have a wonderfull day....

My thoughts about the scream is that she did not scream at her house but at some point in the woods closer to the neighbor. Myself I still dont believe the "hurt friend" story. Its actually unnecessary and LE has said they think she was in fear for her life as she was being lead into the woods, implying she knew something was wrong at that point. For the "hurt friend" story to even work I would think the suspect would have had to have been frantic and loud... HEY MAN MY FRIENDS HURT WE GOTTA GET OUT THERE FAST HURRY HURRY COME ON. And that would have attracted attention from anyone else in Holly's house or even just driving down the road.

Unless he pretended that he too was hurt, and possibly winded from running, as well.

Okay, I am new here and trying to play catch up.

The attack in January and the attack on Holly seem hauntingly connected. Do we know what school the woman in January attended? I am leaning towards maybe someone that worked or is associated with the school. Of course, I have a LOT of catching up to do at this point and will try not to post any observations that are too ludicrous.

Last night on NG they showed where her lunchbox was found by a creek and talked about why she would be still holding on to the lunch box after she was abducted. Was it put there purposely? I pray she is still being held by someone and is still alive.

Was it ever confirmed there was blood on the lunchbox? I am more inclined to think the perp threw it out of a window in the opposite direction of where Holly/her body may be hidden. Of course, I am hopeful she will be found alive, but it isn't looking good the longer she is missing.

Has this previous attack been discussed and could it be related?

http://www.examiner.com/crime-in-nashville/previous-attack-linked-to-holly-bobo-abduction

Heather Sullivan, a 31-year-old TN woman claims that she was attacked in January and thinks it is possible that the man that abducted missing nursing student Holly Bobo, also attempted to abduct her outside of her home, located in Centerville, TN.
Centerville, TN where Sullivan lives and claims she was attacked is approximately 45 mins east of Parson's

Continue reading on Examiner.com: Previous attack linked to Holly Bobo abduction? - Nashville Crime | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/crime-in-na...-linked-to-holly-bobo-abduction#ixzz1KAE1xdQU

The only reason that this doesn't stike me as similar to Morgan's case (although it did cross my mind), is that Morgan was attacked in public, indicating an attacker that didn't personally know her. HS and Holly were both attacked at home, indicating a suspect that did know them, at least in passing.
However, that is not to say that Morgan's attacker wasn't scared by the publicity of Morgan's case, and therefore moved back to his comfort zone of females he knew. I just don't think so, but I could be wrong.

I don't think it Morgan attacker. I think they have DNA that match another woman that was attack and she gave a sketch. He AA and the descripton of Holly attacker is White.

Another poster posted

Three missing girls that lived in counties around Decatur.

Amber Cates missing since 2004 from Maury county date April 11.
Tabita Tuder missing since 2003 from Davison county date April 29
Bethany Leanne Markowski missing since 2001 from Madison county date March 4

They got the DNA results yesterday. What if the blood isn't Holly's. Doesn't it take some time to run it thru CODIS????
I think maybe them results were inconclusive and they don't know whose blood it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iwantapuppy