TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nursebeeme: Good point, I would like to know as well. I wonder why they didn't think to ask those questions when they were trying to link the cases and ask her during the interview. Maybe someone will now that people are starting to think these instances are related.

Unreals your not alone i also think something is wrong with this entire scenario!
Id like to know what time the parents left for work also. Or the last time the parents even saw Holly. Im not poiting the finger at anyone but a timeline would be nice.

As it is now he is the LAST person to have seen her.... and i may be dumb but how do ya notice (flecks) of blood on grass?

Another thing after Holly went missing the father said the person probably knew the families routine! What time dad left what time mom left and Holly HE NEVER MENTIONS CLINT WHY????

Possibly because he is a college student is why the dad didn't mention him. I don't think he is at home all the time but happened to be home. I don't think the perp expected that.

or anyone with a map, gps, or internet access...

celltower pings would be a good place to start. wonder if family members tried calling her cell. if a call connected, maybe it could be traced?

That's one thing I never understood about cell towers. They can ping and triangulate a specific phone. Why can't they say "these phones were in such & such an area at such & such a time"?

It is just data. I mean, in a case like this one, can't they go back and say "here's a list of xxxx number of cell phones that pinged the nearest tower". Through process of elimination, they could then narrow it down to say okay, here is 50 cell numbers that aren't normally in that area.

Just a thought I had.

It's always possible but seemingly unlikely that there are two different potential abductors so close under the same style of attack.

As someone said, if they have a mechanism for tracking back cell phone use around her house over the last month or so, they will likely be able to generate some leads. It is incredibly unlikely this was totally random. The abductor/abductors were likely there prior scoping out the place and chances are they were less cautious.

I think LE knows a lot more than they are telling us. Unless the perp(s) are mountain men they have access to the web etc. All the little leaks like the lunch pail, school papers and so on only helped to alert him of what she may have been doing in leaving a trail. I really applaud the family and close friends in being so silent as there is obviously a reason.

I have the expectation that if something is going to break it will be over the next day or two.

Possibly because he is a college student is why the dad didn't mention him. I don't think he is at home all the time but happened to be home. I don't think the perp expected that.

Im alsmost sure i read she lives at home with her mom dad and brother!
It was just strange that he left him out is all JMO

It's always possible but seemingly unlikely that there are two different potential abductors so close under the same style of attack.

As someone said, if they have a mechanism for tracking back cell phone use around her house over the last month or so, they will likely be able to generate some leads. It is incredibly unlikely this was totally random. The abductor/abductors were likely there prior scoping out the place and chances are they were less cautious.

I think LE knows a lot more than they are telling us. Unless the perp(s) are mountain men they have access to the web etc. All the little leaks like the lunch pail, school papers and so on only helped to alert him of what she may have been doing in leaving a trail. I really applaud the family and close friends in being so silent as there is obviously a reason.

I have the expectation that if something is going to break it will be over the next day or two.

Do you have the link regarding the school papers? I have been trying to read every post, but I must have missed that one. TIA

The perp must either not be all that bright or else he's just totally out of control to always try to kidnap girls when guys are at home. Probably both. He's a DA, and I don't mean district attorney...

A local is posting on NG FB with the initials of JM (about comment #725) - says the brother wore contacts. He got up from bed w/o contacts or glasses, and saw the abductor, thought it was the boyfriend, and thought nothing of it. He went back to sleep. Neighbor heard the scream and called the mom. Mom called the brother and told him to go outside and look for her. Then 911 was called.

I personally would like to hear more details from Heather Sullivan's case like:

-did the guy drive up or walk up (she lived out in the woods as well)
-did he have camo on?
-where did he run after the boyfriend startled him (ie, into the woods, etc)

moo

What are the common denominators between Heather and Holly

1) blond
2) same area
3) they both were attacked when they just stepped out of their house

What else???

Was Heather going to school? Did Heather go to the hospital?

That's one thing I never understood about cell towers. They can ping and triangulate a specific phone. Why can't they say "these phones were in such & such an area at such & such a time"?

It is just data. I mean, in a case like this one, can't they go back and say "here's a list of xxxx number of cell phones that pinged the nearest tower". Through process of elimination, they could then narrow it down to say okay, here is 50 cell numbers that aren't normally in that area.

Just a thought I had.

Actually they can, if I understand what you are saying correctly. We've been using that type of info on the Hailey Dunn case. Depending on how far the towers are apart the area may be quite small or fairly large. Either way you get a general area/direction though.

How can they be so sure the kidnapper and victim did not leave the area? It wouldn't take long to be miles from there in a vehicle. I also wonder how much time elapsed between the 911 calls and the time LE arrived on the scene?

I believe this is someone who fixated on her and stalked her from afar until he knew her daily routine.

Did her father employee casual labor from around there in his tree business? Could it be someone who worked for him at one time and had occasion to see Holly when perhaps she visited her father on the job?

I think this person lives in the area and is a "loner" who perhaps lives in the backwoods in a cabin or a mobile home. He probably has no close friends and that could be why he could come and go at will without anyone know his wherabouts or missing him on a daily basis.

Actually they can, if I understand what you are saying correctly. We've been using that type of info on the Hailey Dunn case. Depending on how far the towers are apart the area may be quite small or fairly large. Either way you get a general area/direction though.

Hi. I think I remember you from the Dru Sjodin search/case, or am I mistaken? Could be. Or maybe from the Caylee case.

Wow...just reading about this Heather Sullivan case. It gives me chills to think that this is such a similar situation. It really makes my mind go into a different direction. Serial killer? Has he done it before with some other missing women in TN? This is just horrifying to think of. I'm just sick for the family...:(

It is not unusual for two crimes, sometimes seemingly unrelated, to actually influence the solution of one or both crimes in the end. Little bits of info from one or both crimes may be pieced together to get a better picture of the suspect, the MO, etc. Even DNA from one case can help solve another.

I bring up the case of Anne Pressly because in her case it took at least 3 crimes to catch the suspect, Curtis Vance. DNA from her assault came back as "unknown" since the suspect was not in the data base yet. A month after Anne's death, DNA results from a rape in a nearby town came in. The rape happened some 7 months earlier but the lab was slow and it took that long to do the results since they were not rushed. The results matched Anne's attacker, but again it was "unknown" as far as a suspect went. BUT LE had a suspect for some petty thefts and robberies dealing in stolen goods, etc.. He was called in for an interview and willingly gave a DNA sample. Turns out it was Vance and his sample matched the rape and murder results and he was arrested, tried and convicted.

Just a thought I had.

Well if the phone was turned off then the cell towers wouldn't be able to ping her location even if she had it with her. I heard that Apple is going to incorporate a tracking system for the iphone 5 that records where you've been, in cases like this is would be really beneficial.

Once again, I'm asking: Did Heather report this to LE before Holly was taken?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Denny