TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree, if a phone is off then it's really off otherwise you'd drain the battery real quick. Either way even if she had it on this whole time there's no way the battery could still hold power & it would be useless at this point.

This has been extensively looked into..researched..hashed and rehashed in a couple of cases here on WS..and through all of that searching it is found that a cell phone can still/and will ping it's nearest cell phone tower even when powered "off"..the key to the pinging lies within the battery..as long as the battery is still intact and in the cell phone it will ping regardless of it being powered off..Meaning that in order to render the phone completely untrackable the battery either must be completely removed from the cell phone or the battery is completely dead..having lost all of its charge..

As for the Iphone tracking mentioned upthread..it was stated that its complete and detailed automatic tracking was a future plan for the upcoming Iphone5(which until this morning I was completely unaware of anything about this feature even being in the next model Iphone5)..but as of this morning on HLN morning news with Robin Meade it was reported that this is already a feature in the current model Iphones[am not sure how far back in models would this feature be...just the 4..or would it include 3GS..or even 3G models? the report did not get that detailed]..from the report it said that this feature was unbeknownst to the Iphone carrier[such as myself]as were the extreme in detail of its tracking capabilities..it went on to say that upon it just now becoming known to us Iphone carriers that there are many who are wanting the featuring disabled and Apple was being flooded with inquiries on how to disable this tracking feature..Problem is there is NO DISABLING THIS DETAILED TRACKING IT IS INHERIT IN ITS CORE OF THE ENTIRE PHONE..and there are a couple thus far in an all out uproar at this point of this latest concealed detail of their Iphone..

Steve Jobs has been asked to comment on this being programmed into the Iphones and why this detail was hidden/concealed from the consumer.. No surprise Jobs has had zero comment on the matter.. WTH??

:seeya:
Is there a Cedar Bluff where they are searching?
:seeya:
hey sarx! do you mean a town?

there is an alley bluff wild life area right next to the TN river they are reportedly searching

-------------
I'll wait for further confirmation.

With all due respect if confirmation from both the TBI{Tennessee Bureau of Investigation] as well as directly from the horses mouth[i.e. Heather herself via a direct link to "her" words on her public FB]..is not satisfactory IYO then the only person that would even be capable of confirmation would be the perp himself that attacked[and that'd be only confirming that the attack happened..which IMO seems to be possibly what's implied here]..

The confirmation is more than sufficient that has been kindly quoted and linked to by our fellow members in their response posts..

Thanks CF! Your account is much easier on the eyes to read and decipher!

NO KIDDING. I was only able to make it to the bottom of the page before I couldn't take any more.

I've been lurking on this thread since yesterday. I don't have anything to add other than I hope Holly is found safe...and soon.

Here is what Heather says about it on FB:

From 1/23...Around 5:30 AM she went outside to the car once, then back inside because she forgot her cigarettes and out again 2 minutes later, that's when the guy attacked her on her porch. It creeped her out to know the guy had been outside waiting for her. She thought he was going to kill her, and it was her daughter's birthday. She seems like she is a tough girl but she was really scared when it happened and didn't speak, says it seemed like a dream. She reported it to police and they took a report and looked around. She was worried the guy might come back and could be looking in her windows. She wonders if the guy was involved in robbing a friend of her's and seriously injuring her friend's grandmother.

She didn't get a good look at him because her lamp (flashlight?) was so bright and shining in her eyes. He didn't say anything. The globe came off her lamp and it went out so she only got enough of a glimpse of him before everything got dark to say that he had dark hair. The guy ran when the globe shattered. She said it made her feel helpless and hopeless. She also says he was close to 6 feet tall, possibly more and was wearing a gray hoodie and jeans. Doesn't say anything about her boyfriend scaring him.

I read somewhere that she had an oil lamp in her hand. When he grabbed her, the lamp fell and it broke which alerted her boyfriend who came outside to check and make sure she was okay. That's what spooked the abductor and he took off.

No, not a town. A recreation area or park or something like that. Thanks guys for looking for my crzy goose chase!

If LE is searching the river today, I guess that could be one reason they gave searchers the day off. I wonder if anything led them to the river? Or was this a natural step?

My guess is at bare minimum he is hearing talk about it around the "water cooler" and quite possibly he has been out there "searching" with the masses.

Sarx I am not certain that these cases are related either. With as much as we'd like as it seems to be the biggest break thus far that's been made public. The women do look similar. As far as age difference look at BD (the mother) in the Hailey Dunn case. She's 33 and looked to be in her early to mid twenties.

I would think the perp would love to hear the water cooler talk and be part of searches. To not only get a little inside info, but also to feel "smart".

Also TY for searching the cell tower information in that area. I always feel better when you're involved. :seeya:

If LE is searching the river today, I guess that could be one reason they gave searchers the day off. I wonder if anything led them to the river? Or was this a natural step?
Depends on where they're searching on the river, I'm thinking something led them there. I also woke up wondering if they gave everyone the day off because they are expecting a major break and didn't want a mob out there to have to deal with, KWIM? Maybe just wishful thinking.

NO KIDDING. I was only able to make it to the bottom of the page before I couldn't take any more.

I've been lurking on this thread since yesterday. I don't have anything to add other than I hope Holly is found safe...and soon.

Poor girl. lol Her tv's broke, no computer, and she posts to FB with her cheap cell phone. That's probably why all the words are shortened and hard to read. I have a cheap cell too and I hate even texting anyone with it.

It makes the most sense to escape via river and I speculated this on one of the earlier threads since there will be less scrutiny traveling via boat and hardly any police patrols except maybe fish and wildlife services.

I hope Heather is with a sketch artist, and a specialized psychologist that can help someone retrieve that kind of info. It wasn't that long ago.

As we on WS sadly know, there are way TOO many SOs everywhere, but this part of TN seems to be particularly saturated. The fact that the perp was waiting outside the door early in the morning in both cases IS unusual. I hope LE is looking for any video on the date of the attempted abduction.

I've pretty much camped out on all the Holly threads since the story first broke and I'll be darned if I know anymore now than I did the day she was reported missing but I will second what you said, I hope that Holly is found safe and soon as well.

~jmo~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member